Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win a Christmas Package worth €280 with ESB Electric Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cdalyirl

count me in please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Best - A really nice watch,
    Worst - A selection box

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Worst present I got was a box of biscuits, out of date, with all the nice ones missing from an old lady who lived down the road :( Was sweet of her to give me anything though :)

The best was my laptop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Bagel

Hmmm - one year I gave everyone I knew the game of kerplunk for Christmas so it might have been the best present for a 10 year old but not so great for my nan!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gorilla_ie

The best present I ever got was the birth of my daughter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Take_Her_Handy

Best present I ever have gotten was from my fiance, me and a mate was after building a drag car over 4 years, so she paid to have it brought to Santa Pod raceway in England and entered it, sorted our travel and accommodation and all! She had been saving for 3 years while we were building the car! We had the second fastest run of the weekend. I love her to bits!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I remember back in 2000 i asked "santa" for a playstation, went downstairs on christmas day,

and there was a desktop pc.

I booted it up, and it was a windows 3.1 old bank computer, it had paint on it.

It didn't have a CD or Floppy drive,

It was sold to my mum by my aunt for £120.

My mum not knowing much about computers thought she was getting a great deal,

As a 15 year old i tried explaining how she was scammed but said why would the aunt do that. But being just a teenager it came across as ungrateful,

It wasn't till one of her friends "computer expert" said the machine was worth about £20 did she go on a warpath,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 willow34

the worst thing i ever got was ladys perfume ,and the best was my daughter 12 years ago:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Best pressie ever would be if I won this ESB gift set. Could really do with that Bluetooth speaker system for the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭granty1892

The best present I get every year is having family and friends around me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Birdlover

Best present i have got was the hugh parrot cage my boyfriend got me 3 years ago!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Best Xmas pressie- a mic and speaker from Santa I didn't ask for- who knew I loved the sound of my own voice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

A Potato Clock... only in Ireland eh

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

best present for me is when its something you mentioned in passing you like and they get it for you! doesn't matter what it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 lardarse99

love the potato clock great fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

Last years present from my neighbour had to be the worst. Alcohol-free beer. Just what exactly was he trying to insinuate?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

Ho Ho Hope I win :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Best present I've ever given was a voucher for 1 hour of "CharlieLove"

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

what a pile of ************** **********:D

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭jinxremoving

Best present ever would probably be a kids laptop when I was about 5. I learned how to spell, maths and the whole lot on it. Plus started a lifelong interest in computers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 imPhilip

Best Present - Trip to London

Once got a bag of oranges as a present from a friend.
    I got him 2 boxes of grapes, gift wrapped and all

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

my best Christmas present was a sat nav, recieved last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

best present = anything before the age of 11

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bonzer1again

In an attempt to be rosemantic....and I empahasise rosemantic. I once gave my girlfriend now wife an Electric Duvet...we exchanged gifts on Christmas eve...I opened mine first...a Camera...She opened hers and as she opened it she started crying at how bad it was. I can only say that my first picture taken with my camera wasn't what she or I thought it was going to be and I still have it to this day... a picture of her opening a large box wrapped in snowy christmas paper and tears rolling down her face...I have since learned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Best gift I got was a cowboy outfit, yeeeehaw. I still have the silver pistol so watch out.
    Dunno if they are legal now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Best gift i ever got was the gift of music at Christmas when i was 7. I'm still playing piano and
    have picked up other instruments since, one of the best gifts you can give!

Best gift that can be given in my opinion, Thanks Santa! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

wind powered fan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I got some great stuff over the years... particularly liked the
    • solar powered torch,
    • green golf balls,
    • non stick glue and
    • underwater hairdryer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Best Christmas present - a Megadrive with Sonic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement