Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Panel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Devil08 wrote: »
    I contacted HQ and they said they hadn't been told anything officially. But they said they would contact each candidate once they knew more.

Ok. Thats a typical fobbing off excuse from HQ,

still not treating the panel members with respect in my view,

ye should be kept in regular contact as to what is happening imo

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭annlewis

I contacted HQ and they said they hadn't been told anything officially. But they said they would contact each candidate once they knew more.

Did you do that today?
    They are probably up the walls with calls from folks ringing with queries. Fair play though.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Yogi Bear

Thanks for ringing Devil08. Your right, they are probably the last one's to find out whats happening also. Sure whats another few days / weeks / months, when we are waiting this long!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Spoke to them yesterday. I just got the feeling they were told not to say anything just yet. They are probably putting a plan in place to deal with the back lash!!

Going to apply for both AGS and PSNI

If I dont get in I m heading to the Uk, Get a job with my qualifications and then join the police, transfer back then in a few years :):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Brad Pittman

Yogi Bear wrote: »
    Never changes. Tell us nothing. Heard nothing for five years and it gets announced in Dail.

It would be nice to get a letter, saying "thanks for hanging in there, it's not going to happen as to much has changed (which is a load of bull anyway) and you will be looked after if you apply again (i'm too old now)".

:(:(:(

Well there hardly going to say that now are they? that you'll be looked after I mean. It is a public competition and they can do whatever they want at the end of the day. They always said as well "does not constitute a job offer". Hard luck on not getting in, and for being to old for this one. Im just wondering why you didnt apply years ago if you were so interested? you'd have quite a few years service done by now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,204 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Going to apply for both AGS and PSNI

If I dont get in I m heading to the Uk, Get a job with my qualifications and then join the police, transfer back then in a few years :):D

When are psni taking on ?

When are psni taking on ?

2013 mate, and its going to be 'significant' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Pappa Charlie

Well there hardly going to say that now are they? that you'll be looked after I mean. It is a public competition and they can do whatever they want at the end of the day. They always said as well "does not constitute a job offer". Hard luck on not getting in, and for being to old for this one. Im just wondering why you didnt apply years ago if you were so interested? you'd have quite a few years service done by now

In fairness garda hq are relying on the department of justice to make a decision and they are relying on the dept of finance to sanction funds, HQ will be the last to be told in the chain and when they say they don't know they genuinely don't know, the same applies to promotions in the force, when you are dealing with pen pushers. They don't give a rats ass for the candidates who are just satistics to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,204 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

2013 mate, and its going to be 'significant' :)

Nice , yeah sure they couldn't cope last week and had to call in some for England , might look into that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭annlewis

It's all gone fierce quiet here guys...
    Anyone with any news or anything ?

I've noticed a few newbies out running now in the evenings and I'm wondering to myself hum, are they applying for the guards. Probably not but just cause its on my mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Chem Lord

I've made it my goal to go on a 30 minute run each night from now on! Rugby doesn't start back till late august and I've become relatively unfit :(

Chem Lord wrote: »
    I've made it my goal to go on a 30 minute run each night from now on! Rugby doesn't start back till late august and I've become relatively unfit :(

good on ya mate!:)

good on ya mate!:)

Cheers bud! What's everyone else doing to stay in shape?

Cheers bud! What's everyone else doing to stay in shape?

Swimming, gyming and eating somebit healthier,,also laying off the alcohol a bit. notice a difference already,

summer bbq's are a killer tho lol :)

Swimming, gyming and eating somebit healthier,,also laying off the alcohol a bit. notice a difference already,

summer bbq's are a killer tho lol :)
    Fair play :) I think alcohol and eating correct are my biggest downfall.... especially that I'm still in college!

Fair play :) I think alcohol and eating correct are my biggest downfall.... especially that I'm still in college![/QUOT

Its hard alright to keep the good eating going in college, spent years there myself

how long have you left?

I'm going into my third year now, so I've two more left! What are you doing yourself?

I'm going into my third year now, so I've two more left! What are you doing yourself?

Good stuff!! Enjoying it?

Im just after starting a new job I should be able to get two years work out of it :)

Good stuff!! Enjoying it?

Im just after starting a new job I should be able to get two years work out of it :)

It can be difficult but I enjoy it! What did you do in college? I'm working to but only part time on Friday and Saturday night's in a bar!

• Advertisement

It can be difficult but I enjoy it! What did you do in college? I'm working to but only part time on Friday and Saturday night's in a bar!

Thats the main thing,, I did commerce!

What are you doing at the mo? half hour left in work lol :)

Thats the main thing,, I did commerce!

What are you doing at the mo? half hour left in work lol :)

UCD was it!? I'm doing a science degree in DCU, its interesting seeing the variety if backgrounds people are coming from!

UCD was it!? I'm doing a science degree in DCU, its interesting seeing the variety if backgrounds people are coming from!

cool cool,

UCC yep, Cork boy! :)

Ya everybody applying alright.. im at stage three of reserves so If i dont get in this campaign ill battle away with them till the next one.. if its meant to be and all that :)

Have you looked at the reserves?

Fair play lad, when did you applly? I'd really like to be apart of the reserves! I've applied recently but I honestly don't know where I'd get the time come September with college, work, sports and a gf! But I'll give it a shot anyway.
    I feel the exact same way, I'm not getting my hopes up for this recruitment but I'll just keep improving myself as a person for each recruitment and hopefully one day I'll get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Chem lord will you drop out of college if you do get in this time.

If I got in this time, yea I would! I'd see it as a change of college haha

Fair play lad, when did you applly? I'd really like to be apart of the reserves! I've applied recently but I honestly don't know where I'd get the time come September with college, work, sports and a gf! But I'll give it a shot anyway.
    I feel the exact same way, I'm not getting my hopes up for this recruitment but I'll just keep improving myself as a person for each recruitment and hopefully one day I'll get in!

I applied id say last august, had my interview and that in feb and met the super in march,

waiting now for the background checks and then to a medical,

Ya defo hard to fit it in, luckily I have just work and sports to worry about :(
    lol

I hopefully have a solid finance career ahead of me so I have a plan B.
    It would be an honour to help out in the reserves in the mean time :)

I applied id say last august, had my interview and that in feb and met the super in march,

waiting now for the background checks and then to a medical,

Ya defo hard to fit it in, luckily I have just work and sports to worry about :(
    lol

I hopefully have a solid finance career ahead of me so I have a plan B.
    It would be an honour to help out in the reserves in the mean time :)
    The road to reserves is a long one! Did it actually take six months to be called for interview? Seems a bit long!
    Exactly, fair play for having a back up... hopefully I can rely on my degree for a solid future if the Gardai doesn't work out.
    Will you keep applying if this recruitment doesn't work out?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dylmeister

Well finally got the news we were all dreading just a minute ago via shatters private secretary stating we as in us in the panel will not be used now or in future intakes, we all knew this already probably but there was no sincerity in the e-mail, no sorry, nothing!! I am biting my tongue to send a very angry e-mail back, but that will do absolutely nothing for any of us! We have been treated like outcasts the last 5 years and this is how they repay our patience, I can't wait for the election next year and them to call to my door! This has made me even more determined to go through the whole process again and accomplish my goal in becoming a member, good luck guys from the start again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

dylmeister wrote: »
    Well finally got the news we were all dreading just a minute ago via shatters private secretary stating we as in us in the panel will not be used now or in future intakes, we all knew this already probably but there was no sincerity in the e-mail, no sorry, nothing!! I am biting my tongue to send a very angry e-mail back, but that will do absolutely nothing for any of us! We have been treated like outcasts the last 5 years and this is how they repay our patience, I can't wait for the election next year and them to call to my door! This has made me even more determined to go through the whole process again and accomplish my goal in becoming a member, good luck guys from the start again.

How did the secetary contact you? No mention of us getting any recognition so we will be put front of que in this recruitment drive?

Advertisement