Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Haha i had those

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

My Kayano 25s are still in decent enough nick but I'm in the market for a complimentary pair as I'm upping the mileage, something with similar properties (stability, nice bit of cushion), looking at the Brooks (adrenaline, transcend, beast, bedlam)
    Has anybody got much experience with these, the price doesn't matter as they're much of a muchness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

My Kayano 25s are still in decent enough nick but I'm in the market for a complimentary pair as I'm upping the mileage, something with similar properties (stability, nice bit of cushion), looking at the Brooks (adrenaline, transcend, beast, bedlam)
    Has anybody got much experience with these, the price doesn't matter as they're much of a muchness

Adrenaline, by far the best of the Brooks "support" shoe, nice bit of room in the toe box. I ran London & Berlin in the 18's, have bought the 19's for Boston but they are still in the box. Some big changes in the 19 will be interesting to see how they are on the longer runs.

Adrenaline, by far the best of the Brooks "support" shoe, nice bit of room in the toe box. I ran London & Berlin in the 18's, have bought the 19's for Boston but they are still in the box. Some big changes in the 19 will be interesting to see how they are on the longer runs.

I've gone ahead and ordered the Bedlam based on a few reviews I read online and no feedback here :p,
    Looking forward to them arriving now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Heel striker by any chance?

Possibly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

The support in 18 and 19 are completely different. Lots of good reviews on the 19 and probably the direction of how support shoes will go in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Sub430

boydkev wrote: »
    I am on my second pair of Pegasus 35's and have another pair waiting in a box, I was wondering how many miles other people are getting from their Pegasus 35's?
    Currently i have 340 miles on the current pair and the sole at the back edge is gone. I got 392 miles from the first pair wore down through the rubber in the same spot.
    Same spot as mine below?
    Only got 500k on mine before I started feeling a bit of ITB trouble. The sole explains it. Ran in different shoes yesterday painfree.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Sub430 wrote: »
    Same spot as mine below?
    Only got 500k on mine before I started feeling a bit of ITB trouble. The sole explains it. Ran in different shoes yesterday painfree.

Looking at the picture you have attached, It is exactly the same spot that wears on my left foot only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

I've gone ahead and ordered the Bedlam based on a few reviews I read online and no feedback here :p,
    Looking forward to them arriving now

Did you read this one. I find his reviews one of the best around.
    https://www.runningshoesguru.com/2018/10/brooks-bedlam-review/

Did you read this one. I find his reviews one of the best around.
    https://www.runningshoesguru.com/2018/10/brooks-bedlam-review/

Yes, I had read that one alright, he's not so gone on them but his major fault is with the weight, it's a good bit lighter than the Kayano 25 and I don't find that at all heavy for the long runs, still haven't arrived though, getting impatient now :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

I am on my second pair of Pegasus 35's and have another pair waiting in a box, I was wondering how many miles other people are getting from their Pegasus 35's?
    Currently i have 340 miles on the current pair and the sole at the back edge is gone. I got 392 miles from the first pair wore down through the rubber in the same spot.

I have over 500 miles on my first pair (2 more pairs ready).
    No problems, but I am light wearing on shoes..
    I love them, despite their Elf like look !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

I have over 500 miles on my first pair (2 more pairs ready).
    No problems, but I am light wearing on shoes..
    I love them, despite their Elf like look !

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Realbuzz have a half-price sale on Brooks Ghost 11 and Glycerin 16 until tomorrow morning: https://www.realbuzzstore.com/brands/brands-a-z/brooks/brooks-ghost-glycerin.html

Shame the Adrenalines are not included in the sale. I currently rotate between Adrenaline and Ravenna for easy/long runs and Racer ST5 for the faster stuff. Would the neutral Ghost or Glycerin feel significantly different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

On my last couole of long runs I have been finding my Brooks Adrenalines feel very heavy; I am not sure if this is just from training a fair bit over the winter in XC Spikes. For the second half of last year I was wearing Brooks Asteria for most sessions and for the last few weeks have been wearing the Brooks Launch.

Any lighter support trainers recommended for the longer stuff? Or time to bite the bullet and try something with less support.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

On my last couole of long runs I have been finding my Brooks Adrenalines feel very heavy; I am not sure if this is just from training a fair bit over the winter in XC Spikes. For the second half of last year I was wearing Brooks Asteria for most sessions and for the last few weeks have been wearing the Brooks Launch.

Any lighter support trainers recommended for the longer stuff? Or time to bite the bullet and try something with less support.

I had a pair of Brook sghost that I loved but were also heavy. I am on my second pair now of Mizuno Wave Riders (had 19 and 22). I'm pretty happy with them. I the 22 I have are maybe a half a size too big for me but I have been wearing on my last 3 long runs (circa 14-15km) and they work well for those. The older 19s I have I still wear for threshold sets.

Although they are more neutral than support hey do have good cushioning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

You could look at the NB 1500 v5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭daithi7

ran a 10k last year in cold windy conditions wearing a pair of nike zoom runfast runners. I injured my back doing it and could hardly walk properly for weeks after . Saved by osteopath, gentle swimming (&jets) and rehab.

I really wouldn't recommend such a hard compound shoe for a crock like me anyway!!.

p.s. I have had no follow up issues running in both my softer pairs of asiics since thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I decided on changing trail shoes today, don't laugh but I normally use Karrimor for trails and hiking. But tried on a pair of Asics Gel Venture 6 trail shoe this morning, felt super comfy and lighter than my Karrimor but the soles aren't as chunky as the Karrimor trail shoes.

Anyone used these Asics before, and how did you find the grip on the trails?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Thanks all I will check those options out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lizzyjam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Going to put this here in case BeepBeep doesn't check his private messages!

I see the New B 1500 v4 on sale online. Would anyone recommend? Anything I should be wary of?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Itziger wrote: »
    Going to put this here in case BeepBeep doesn't check his private messages!

I see the New B 1500 v4 on sale online. Would anyone recommend? Anything I should be wary of?

Got a pair of these a few months ago - haven't worn them a whole lot yet tbh (mainly keeping them for races and speedwork) but I really love them I have to say so far.

Extremely light and decent amount of support.

I moved to them as a racing flat type shoe from the Asics DS Trainer if that helps.

Where are they on sale btw?? Asking for a friend ;)

*And go half a size bigger than your regular shoes as they are a snug fit

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Got a pair of these a few months ago - haven't worn them a whole lot yet tbh (mainly keeping them for races and speedwork) but I really love them I have to say so far.

I moved to them as a racing flat type shoe from the Asics DS Trainer if that helps.

Thanks. SportPursuit, 57.50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I agree with sizing up, I have 1400s that are too snug and hurt my arches, tempted to try the size up in the 1500s

Goddamnit, I waited too long. My size is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! Better not have been you buying 'em, Cartman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,597 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Itziger wrote: »
    Goddamnit, I waited too long. My size is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!! Better not have been you buying 'em, Cartman.

I had a look but didn't buy as the missus may well divorce me if I land home with another pain of runners :pac:

I got mine for a similarish price in Kildare Village so might be worth a look if you're passing/nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I had a look but didn't buy as the missus may well divorce me if I land home with another pain of runners :pac:

I got mine for a similarish price in Kildare Village so might be worth a look if you're passing/nearby

I usually store mine in the office, now I leaving the office i got to bring them home:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

lizzyjam wrote: »

I picked up a pair of Ghost 11s on Wiggle last night for €92*

*Included a 10% discount code 'NEWIE' for new accounts. Free P&P too.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

I decided on changing trail shoes today, don't laugh but I normally use Karrimor for trails and hiking. But tried on a pair of Asics Gel Venture 6 trail shoe this morning, felt super comfy and lighter than my Karrimor but the soles aren't as chunky as the Karrimor trail shoes.

Anyone used these Asics before, and how did you find the grip on the trails?.

Never used the Gel Venture but used to wear Gel Fuji Attack and loved them. Have been wearing Adidas Terrex now for a couple of years and like those too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Big sale on sportsshoes.com for today only.

Advertisement