Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

seanin4711 wrote: »
    hoka one one now and next

Which ones? That's like saying Nike or Adidas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Smithyy1

Nike Metcon 4 for crossfit

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

4Ad wrote: »
    Hi Boydkev, just wondering if the turbo are worth it ? And if so why ?
    Thanks
    Are they worth it?......Well compared to my pegasus 35 i would say yes.
    I did a 10 mile race the weekend after i got them and i ran it in sub 65 which was a personal best, not sure if it was the shoes. But saying that they are very comfortable and i did feel i could keep pace and did not suffer any sore feet or legs during the race and legs felt good after as they seemed to take less of a beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Think they are about 20% lighter, be interested to hear your feedback on the Forevers.

I've logged 60 miles on the Forevers.

My daily runners are usually UK9.5 and racers UK10. I kinda panic when ordering these and went with UK10. I'd say UK9 would be a nice snug fit. I couldn't be bothered sending them back to Reebox!

The ride is very nice with decent cushioning, the grip is excellent on the sole.
    I've had no issues with hot spots. I've laced them tight because of the extra room. Most of my runs have been easy 4/5 miles with a 12 mile long run and a parkrun. I found that it took 25/30 miles to break them in.

Would I buy them again? Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

boydkev wrote: »
    Thanks
    I did a 10 mile race the weekend after i got them and i ran it in sub 65 which was a personal best, not sure if it was the shoes. But saying that they are very comfortable and i did feel i could keep pace and did not suffer any sore feet or legs during the race and legs felt good after as they seemed to take less of a beating.

Thanks..
    I always use the 35's might buy a pair of these when the price is right.
    Hate the bowling shoe look of them though...(trivial I know)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

boydkev wrote: »
    Thanks

Thanks..
    I always use the 35's might buy a pair of these when the price is right.
    Hate the bowling shoe look of them though...(trivial I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Picked up a pair of Razor 3's, pretty impressed with this shoe, very comfortable, 10+ miles straight out of the box, only 192 gms (US 10.5), 4mm drop (24/20), but feels like a whole lot more shoe for that, cushioned, but responsive.

57726550_10217044119049482_218704403341770752_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=ff7c4f0874474aab93301c48ffcfe0a3&oe=5D407500

Current pair of Peg 35's starting to wear through sole (3rd pair). I was thinking of trying the vomero 14's as i have heard good things, Has anybody run in both and what did they think?, Looking to try something different as the 35's are wearing down on part of the sole too fast.
    I have a pair of turbos but only using them for racing and faster training.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

That's a nice shoe, Beep.

On a related note, negative though, I've picked up an injury from I don't know where. I am wondering if it could be the New Balance shoes I got about a month back. I'm having trouble with the left leg and one of the manifestations is a sore and slightly inflated lower shin.

I've taken to rubbing a bit of anti-infl cream on it but I think I'm out of the good stuff now and not sure it's over the counter. Also resting which is driving me mad with the weather we're having. I did do 1k this morning alright as the young lad did his 2k run.....

I quite liked the shoe (1500 v4) and it's far from certain that it's the problem here but I will give it a break for the foreseeable future anyway.

Picked up a pair of Razor 3's, pretty impressed with this shoe, very comfortable, 10+ miles straight out of the box, only 192 gms (US 10.5), 4mm drop (24/20), but feels like a whole lot more shoe for that, cushioned, but responsive.

was there a deal going on these? link if so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Looking at doing the 28km Wicklow Eco trail in September, route seems to be a mix, anyone have a suggestion on suitable trail runners, normally use Pegasus for road running. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Hi I'm in the US at the moment and bought my first ever pair of Nike vapour fly 4% for 250 dollars (about 224 euros). The shop would let me try them on for size but I wasn't allowed to run in them on their treadmill, they offered discounts on all other items except the 4%.
    I was wondering if there is such a thing as a break in period for these shoes or are they just kept for the big race.
    I also tried on the Nike zoom fly and the epic react, but am unsure to buy either.
    Has anyone any experience with either shoe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

57726550_10217044119049482_218704403341770752_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=ff7c4f0874474aab93301c48ffcfe0a3&oe=5D407500

HI,

Where did you get them? Think you had the brooks asteria, how did they compare to them?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

glic83 wrote: »
    Looking at doing the 28km Wicklow Eco trail in September, route seems to be a mix, anyone have a suggestion on suitable trail runners, normally use Pegasus for road running. Cheers

Pegasus 35 shield are a decent semi trail shoe if you like standard 35

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Still getting used to my Solar Glide ST. Liking them but still not nearly as much as previous models. They're down a good bit in the cushioning department but on the other hand seem to be quite responsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

fennor72 wrote: »
    Hi I'm in the US at the moment and bought my first ever pair of Nike vapour fly 4% for 250 dollars (about 224 euros). The shop would let me try them on for size but I wasn't allowed to run in them on their treadmill, they offered discounts on all other items except the 4%.
    I was wondering if there is such a thing as a break in period for these shoes or are they just kept for the big race.
    I also tried on the Nike zoom fly and the epic react, but am unsure to buy either.
    Has anyone any experience with either shoe

I used the zoom fly flyknit for my last marathon and I'll be using them on the next......and next. They're soft, so soft you don't hear your foot hitting the ground, but the carbon fibre plate (or maybe it's the react) gives them bounce long into a race. In other shoes my feet have felt a bit dead/flat by mile 20-ish, but these do seem to give something back. From what I've heard, the 4% is on another level again, but the fly flyknit should last longer for a lot less.

I used the zoom fly flyknit for my last marathon and I'll be using them on the next......and next. They're soft, so soft you don't hear your foot hitting the ground, but the carbon fibre plate (or maybe it's the react) gives them bounce long into a race. In other shoes my feet have felt a bit dead/flat by mile 20-ish, but these do seem to give something back. From what I've heard, the 4% is on another level again, but the fly flyknit should last longer for a lot less.

I got to run on the treadmill in the shop with the zoom fly flyknit they felt great.
    But having paid for the 4% I didn't want another shoe that wouldn't last very long. How durable is the zoom fly?

fennor72 wrote: »
    I got to run on the treadmill in the shop with the zoom fly flyknit they felt great.
    But having paid for the 4% I didn't want another shoe that wouldn't last very long. How durable is the zoom fly?

I've only put 70 miles on mine so far, but I don't see any signs of wear. The reviews say they're more durable than the 4% and the react foam does usually hold up well. If you're not bothered about colour there are some on sale at nike and sportsshoes.com for around €110.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

glasso wrote: »
    was there a deal going on these? link if so?
    HI,

Where did you get them? Think you had the brooks asteria, how did they compare to them?

Thanks

Picked them up at the Boston Marathon Expo, not sure if the are officially in Europe.

Never had the Asteria

I've only put 70 miles on mine so far, but I don't see any signs of wear. The reviews say they're more durable than the 4% and the react foam does usually hold up well. If you're not bothered about colour there are some on sale at nike and sportsshoes.com for around €110.

Thanks that's great value, they are 160 dollars in the US

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Anyone have experience with both Nike Epic React and Nike fly flyknit?

Looking for something for man Ironman marathon which means I more than likely will not be pushing hard and mostly just plodding through the marathon. Leaning towards Epic React as I think they will be more cushioned soft and bouncier than the flyknit but maybe I’m wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

mloc123 wrote: »
    Pegasus 35 shield are a decent semi trail shoe if you like standard 35

Cheers for the reply, might be worth checking out so.

Cona wrote: »

Looking for something for man Ironman marathon which means I more than likely will not be pushing hard and mostly just plodding through the marathon. Leaning towards Epic React as I think they will be more cushioned soft and bouncier than the flyknit but maybe I’m wrong?

I have the fly flyknit and odyssey react. I find the flyknit better. It has the react foam, but with the carbon fibre plate which seems (to me) to give you a bit more bounce later in the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Cona wrote: »

I have both the Epic React and Fly Flyknit. I like both but the Fly Flyknit really do well at faster paces and the carbon plate kicks in the faster you go, notice this a lot. They have a higher stack height then most, similar to hoka clifton and really push you forward in your stride 10mm drop I think. All kinds of PB's done in them already. Epic react are great too but Fly Flyknit are at 111 euro right now and are great value IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

If you normally use support shoes would the Fly Flyknit still be an option? Only for some faster workouts and races?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Hi folks,

my Brooks Ravenna 9's have long outstayed their welcome after covering over 860 miles in them since last July.

Has anyone here worn these and if so, did you go for something different when you retired them?

I wouldn't necessarily have a problem is going for the sane or equivalent in Brooks now but would be open to suggestions.

Am currently doing approx 40 miles a week and coming to the end of a 14 week training block. DCM training proper begins in July after a 6 week base training block.

Thanks.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭passinginterest

A pair of Hoka Gaviota’s and ASICS GT-1000’s on the way. Got the Hoka on their clearance page (€105) and the Ascis on MandM Direct (€69). Have an issue with a pair of Hoka’s I have now giving me blisters on my arches, I love how soft they feel and they’re ideal for my arthritic foot so hoping it was a one off. I hadn’t done much research with the previous pair and it wasn’t a structured shoe and it was a line that discontinued.

Got a pair of Nike Vomero 14's as a change to the Pegasus 35's, I have done 3 runs in them so far (5m, 7m & 10m).

First impressions are they are very well made and i think they will last longer than the pegasus. When i went for my first run in them they felt stiff and clunky and i thought this would get better once broken in, But on my second run i had 2 miles at HMP (6.30min/m) and found it very hard to feel smooth when running at pace like i do in the pegasus.
    During the last 10mile run at 8.00 min/m i found them a bit better so maybe they take have broken in.
    i think i will try them for a bit more and i will then look to go back to the pegasus 36 when they are released and i will also stick to the Turbos for the faster paced runs and races.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I have a pair of Mizuno Wave Rider 19s that I love but have 800km on them and starting to need replacing. I got a pair of Wave Rider 22s at christmas and ordered the same size but sportsdirect relabeled them so what I wanted was a 45 but got a 45.5. Half a size too big and not as comfortable. I get blisters and numb feeling towards my big to along my arch. What sort of insole or insert could I use to help this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

coogy wrote: »
    Hi folks,

my Brooks Ravenna 9's have long outstayed their welcome after covering over 860 miles in them since last July.

Has anyone here worn these and if so, did you go for something different when you retired them?

I wouldn't necessarily have a problem is going for the sane or equivalent in Brooks now but would be open to suggestions.

Am currently doing approx 40 miles a week and coming to the end of a 14 week training block. DCM training proper begins in July after a 6 week base training block.

Thanks.
    :)

Brooks Launch is a great runner

Advertisement