Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Duanington

Big fan of the Bostons, 40 quid is a bargain alright

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Itziger wrote: »
    Got me a pair of Boston Boost yesterday for 40 euro. They came without the box as it was a kind of clearance sale thingy. I don't know exactly what number they are though!! I'm thinking 5 cos of the green colour and when I Googled Adizero...... Green it was the 5 that came up.

What a price though. Going to do a run in 'em today and will get back to you. (How many folk read Boards anymore??)

I had the 5 and 6, both cracking shoes.
    A great all-rounder, usually throw them or the Hyperions in my bag when travelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

love the Bostons, have had two pairs of them. Always on the look out for a deal on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

Looking at runrepeat.com and there is a deal for a pair of Asics Noosa FF, €54

anyone wear these?

What are they like?

Generally not a fan of Asics, but might be tempted by a pair of these

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

Where’d you find these? Bricks and mortar or online? Looking to replenish runners.

Got 'em in my adopted home, Luxembourg. Bricks and mortar. I just got lucky cos they had my size and as the colour wasn't too fashionable the non-running kids weren't tempted. They didn't even have the original box so I'm guessing they're the 5s.

Just went for a run in them. Fabulous feel. Did a few faster kms too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

A couple of recent additions to the stable: Saucony Havok XC for the mucky stuff and Brooks Ravenna 5 (not a typo - stock clearance) to rotate with the Adrenaline 16s I do most of my easy and long runs with. I would have liked to pick up a pair of Adrenaline 18s but they're still retailing around the €100 mark despite the 19s having come out recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

How do the pegasus 35 compare to the brooks launch 5?
    Big fan of the brooks

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭caseyjones1

Found the pegasus much roomier in the front and my foot kinda slipped around giving me blisters. Same size pegasus as I had in the 34s but completely different shoe. Nice and springy but got wrecked pretty quick too. Brooks launch 5 still a better shoe for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

Just about ready to move on from my battered but still comfortable Brooks Ghost 10. I was looking at getting the Ghost 11 GTX to help keep my feet dry on wet roads, many of them rural during Winter/Spring. Anybody got them, or a recommendation for winter running shoe. I'm neutral gait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

How do the pegasus 35 compare to the brooks launch 5?
    Big fan of the brooks

<snip>

Might help a bit......I've had a couple of pairs of 35's, great shoe. Haven't ran in the Launch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Brooks Adrenaline 18, absolutely lovely to run in. Hoping Realbuzz do another 50% off Brooks deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Only 32 pairs in 2018 :pac:

49142303_10216306654893339_7706290129349902336_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=a97f24af241b4494a73e348c6844f5ec&oe=5CCDD70F

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭overpronator

You're slacking Dom!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

So after over 2k km I had to say goodbye to my old friends from Lidl, sole was worn very badly on one but the toe box was still good which is more that I can say for many Asics that's I've owned.

469632.jpg

Now replaced with these recent runners from Lidl which were amazingly only €12.99. I've covered 32k or so in them so far including pacing at the local parkrun & they seem fine. Will see how they go.

469633.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Got my pegasus 35 today, will try them out at lunch time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭overpronator

Anyone been using the Adidas Tempo 9 and how is the sizing compared to other brands? Have heard these run narrow like all adidas and you should go a half size up?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

50% sale on in gotta run in oranmore. only on existing stock so limited enough. i got a pair of waveriders for 70 as the closest alternative to the ghost runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

50% sale on in gotta run in oranmore. only on existing stock so limited enough. i got a pair of waveriders for 70 as the closest alternative to the ghost runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Anyone been using the Adidas Tempo 9 and how is the sizing compared to other brands? Have heard these run narrow like all adidas and you should go a half size up?
    I tend to go by EU sizes. Brooks, Saucony, Nike, Salomon in size 10 uk are 45 in eu sizes, while Adidas is 44 2/3 in 10 uk. New Balance are 44.5 for 10 uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Has anyone here used the New Balance Vongo 3? Just wondering what they're like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Has anyone here used the New Balance Vongo 3? Just wondering what they're like?

I got a pair on the recommendation of the NB rep at the London expo. I had intended to wear them in Berlin, however I ran 3 or 4 long runs 18 - 20 milers in them and every one was a disaster. The pains started in my ankles and by the time I was finished it had spread through my calves, knees and quads. I just could not handle the difference in heel drop ( I usually wear Brooks Adrenaline).
    3 weeks before Berlin I got a new pair of Adrenaline 18's and never had a problem.

It is possible that if you were to run more often in the Vongo you would eventually get used to the difference in drop. They are a very comfortable shoe with a noticeable amount of cushioning in the forefoot. Just not for me !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

I got a pair on the recommendation of the NB rep at the London expo. I had intended to wear them in Berlin, however I ran 3 or 4 long runs 18 - 20 milers in them and every one was a disaster. The pains started in my ankles and by the time I was finished it had spread through my calves, knees and quads. I just could not handle the difference in heel drop ( I usually wear Brooks Adrenaline).
    3 weeks before Berlin I got a new pair of Adrenaline 18's and never had a problem.

It is possible that if you were to run more often in the Vongo you would eventually get used to the difference in drop. They are a very comfortable shoe with a noticeable amount of cushioning in the forefoot. Just not for me !!

Appreciate the feedback. I'm using the Supernova ST at the moment. I'm a forefoot striker so it's interesting to hear about the level of cushioning in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Nike Epic react are 83 euro on their site. Enter GET20 for the extra 20% off. Really like them. Epic react 2 is out soon hence the sell off.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭AhhHere

I swear by the Asics Dynaflyte. Hate trying on clothes and shoes so knowing my size and model meant I could pick up two pairs on their outlet store relatively cheap. There's a 2nd and 3rd version available but I went for the original. two pairs for €130. You know what they say, ff they aint broke...

Had Mizuno Waverider 13's after getting my gait analysed in Runzone. HATED them. Way to high a drop and the plastic "support" felt like running on stones. Did DCM in them and said never again. Went and got myself a neutral shoe with a lower drop (Dynaflyes) and never looked back. Very loyal to Asics now

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

I am on my second pair of Pegasus 35's and have another pair waiting in a box, I was wondering how many miles other people are getting from their Pegasus 35's?
    Currently i have 340 miles on the current pair and the sole at the back edge is gone. I got 392 miles from the first pair wore down through the rubber in the same spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

boydkev wrote: »
    I am on my second pair of Pegasus 35's and have another pair waiting in a box, I was wondering how many miles other people are getting from their Pegasus 35's?
    Currently i have 340 miles on the current pair and the sole at the back edge is gone. I got 392 miles from the first pair wore down through the rubber in the same spot.

I got about 750 miles out of my first pair.......havr about 500 on the second pair and they're in good nick..

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

healy1835 wrote: »
    I got about 750 miles out of my first pair.......havr about 500 on the second pair and they're in good nick..

I wish i could get that much, the rest of the shoe upper and sole is in great condition, In the one sole the rubber get very thin and starts to come away from the foam after about 300 miles so i just cut the small piece off so i can keep using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Went back running they other evening. Got through 5k but after 1k the inside of my right ankle was very sore with most steps and after about 3k it started on my left ankle. Would it be caused by wrong running shoes? Only wearing a pair of Asics that I had at home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Went back running they other evening. Got through 5k but after 1k the inside of my right ankle was very sore with most steps and after about 3k it started on my left ankle. Would it be caused by wrong running shoes? Only wearing a pair of Asics that I had at home

Heel striker by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

I came across a old pair of runners from the mid to late noughties I think in my parents house today. Remember when nearly every runner was this sliver/white/grey

Advertisement