Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

got a pair of boston boost 6 from probikekit for €80

love them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 only running

glasso wrote: »
    I saw those. They were described as kinvara runlife. Looked like they had no grip on the bottom where there should be some​ rubber. Is that the case?

Flip! Only ordered yesterday but will check out when they arrive

Flip! Only ordered yesterday but will check out when they arrive

actually think you might be ok. the rubber appears to be visible if you carefully look on the sole. It's confusing and hard to see as it's pretty much the same colour as the rest of the sole.

432919.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Got these but they are too small. presumed 10.5UK would be 11.5 US but only 11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Cheers mate,was due a new pair. Great shoe.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Bez Bing wrote: »
    I'm looking for a pair of the Adizero Adios & Boston Boost, where would you usually pick these up on sale?
    Picked up a pair of Boston 5s on Sportshoes the other day for €68. Mostly gone now (except for size 6), but lots of women's sizes, if you're of that build.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Should be good Black Friday deals for anybody up for a bit of online shopping. sportsshoes.com have some good deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 only running

glasso wrote: »
    actually think you might be ok. the rubber appears to be visible if you carefully look on the sole. It's confusing and hard to see as it's pretty much the same colour as the rest of the sole.

432919.jpg

Yes thankfully the rubber is there - exact same positioning as the Kincara 7s. In fact the whole shoe is pretty identical. I have been out for a few runs and they feel great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

I have been in an extended period of mourning for the discontinued Mizuno Elixir. My last pair are just about clinging on, having stockpiled mightily in 2013. The Sayonara never felt like a proper replacement, so I've been running my two pairs of battered Brooks Green Silence into the ground. I've now taken the plunge into the unknown and ordered the Mizuno Catalyst, which is supposedly the spiritual successor to the Elixir. I await delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Hurler85

I'm looking to buy a new pair of asics runners. My current gel attract 4s are at the end of life and can't track down a replacement. They were a decent pair of mid range runners that were light enough. Anyone know what model has replaced them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

I have been in an extended period of mourning for the discontinued Mizuno Elixir. My last pair are just about clinging on, having stockpiled mightily in 2013. The Sayonara never felt like a proper replacement, so I've been running my two pairs of battered Brooks Green Silence into the ground. I've now taken the plunge into the unknown and ordered the Mizuno Catalyst, which is supposedly the spiritual successor to the Elixir. I await delivery.
    Just wondering what you think of the Catalyst, I have had 2 pairs of them and find them great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

boydkev wrote: »
    Just wondering what you think of the Catalyst, I have had 2 pairs of them and find them great.

Didn't get my hands on them yet. My friend won't be home for a couple of weeks yet, so it could be closer to Christmas by the time I get into them. hope to be as good as the elixir was.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Nike, FJ, Skechers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

Anyone run in both the Hyperspeed 4/5 and the takumi Sen 3. Looking for something as close to those old hyperspeeds as possible and heard the feel is similar. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ultrawoman

Adidas Adizero Adios 3 is a shoe I would recommend. Currently waiting for the sales to come and I'll pick up another pair.
    Bahanaman wrote: »
    New Balance 1500 is a brilliant shoe. I went from the st5 to them and found them even better.
    adrian522 wrote: »
    Hey, I used the Mizuno Hitogami 2 up to the marathon and found them great but I heard the 3 was not quite as good. Think they are up to the 4 now.

Give them a go if you are in AK.

Thanks for the replies. I went with the New Balance 1500 and tried them out tonight. Delighted with them so far. Thanks for the recommendation, Bahanaman. Looking forward to doing some sessions and races in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Delighted you like them. They were a shoe that I didn't have to break in at all. I got them two weeks before the Frankfurt marathon two years ago and did a 17 miler in them straight away. Ran the marathon in them and my feet were never less sore after a race! The only thing is that they don't last too well. I'm due another pair soon!

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Delighted you like them. They were a shoe that I didn't have to break in at all. I got them two weeks before the Frankfurt marathon two years ago and did a 17 miler in them straight away. Ran the marathon in them and my feet were never less sore after a race! The only thing is that they don't last too well. I'm due another pair soon!

probably one of my favourite shoes ever. Seem to have an almost perfect balance of cushion and responsiveness for most runs and longer speedwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

What are New Balance like size-wise? Have never worn a pair. I take it you folk are talking about the v3 shoe. Good site to buy from?

Itziger wrote: »
    What are New Balance like size-wise? Have never worn a pair. I take it you folk are talking about the v3 shoe. Good site to buy from?

I'm actually talking about the v1! I've minded them well. I've tried on both subsequent versions and there's been little overall change as far as I could see. If anything there have been improvements in the fit of the upper as you might expect I suppose!

Itziger wrote: »

I have the V2's, stocked up before they were discontinued earlier this year just in case the V3's changed a lot. By all accounts, the V3 are pretty much the same although the incoming V4's seem to be a bit of a change. With the sizing, NB seem to be 1/2-size down from adidas for me.

• Advertisement

After all the talk of the 1500s I dusted down my V1s last night for a track session. The sole is well worn on them and the track was icy but they were still brilliant! I had forgotten how good they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Broke in the Boston Boost today, all good so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dresdner

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Really impressed with this shoe, takes a bit of breaking in / getting used to.
    A proper racing flat, unforgiving, very responsive, excellent grip and comfortable.
    After the bedding in period have worn on 2 short races, a 2 mile and a 5k, both ended up a season's bests.

Tell me, where did you actually pick these up? They don't seem to be available in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Dresdner wrote: »
    Tell me, where did you actually pick these up? They don't seem to be available in Europe.

http://www.prodirectrunning.com/products/New-Balance-Hanzo-Lime-Mens-Shoes-MHANZSL1-149117.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Skechers.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Thewitheredowl

Does anyone that uses Adidas Adios Boost shoes find them a small fit? Got a UK 9, which I am in every other shoe, running and casual, and found them particularly tight. Sent them back for a 9.5

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

Does anyone that uses Adidas Adios Boost shoes find them a small fit? Got a UK 9, which I am in every other shoe, running and casual, and found them particularly tight. Sent them back for a 9.5

I find all adidas shoes a small fit. I have to wear a UK 11.5 when I'm normally a UK 11 - that's for Boston 5s, Glide Boost 7s, Glide Boost 8s, Takumi Ren and Takumi Sen. With adidas though, the 11.5 is a US 12, but I think with most other shoes a UK 11 is a US 12.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Same I always size up for Adidas, but for the supernova I got recently they are a bit more true to UK size and hence the ones I bought were a bit big, but still wearable for what I need them for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have been an Asics loyalist for years but time to move on I think....they've made some changes to recent shoes that don't suit me at all.

I've tried on New Balance 880's a couple of times but was put off by the price....had a look again online today and found a couple of possibilities.

Has anyone ever bought from AllSportStore.com? They're based in Donegal from what I can gather :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 m1989

Bought some Adidas Supernova ST today. Extra 20% off so worked out at €55 on adidas.ie if anyone else is a fan of this shoe. Offer only on the white ones afaik but they will do the job.

Advertisement