Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seanie Johnston Kildare Transfer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Felexicon wrote: »
    I do get why you would be so annoyed by the wholle situation but your recent comments portay you as some kind of spiteful teenage girl with a grudge against some who stole her first crush
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Lemlin has been saying in relation to Johnston. He's severely pissed people off in his home county with parading himself with the Kildare panel after the NFL2 final.

With each developing part of this saga, it just reinforces my opinion that he's a pot hunter and a me féiner. I'm surprised that the Guru McGeeney is getting involved with such an individual considering GAA is all about the team and not the individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

dcr22B wrote: »
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Lemlin has been saying in relation to Johnston. He's severely pissed people off in his home county with parading himself with the Kildare panel after the NFL2 final.

With each developing part of this saga, it just reinforces my opinion that he's a pot hunter and a me féiner. I'm surprised that the Guru McGeeney is getting involved with such an individual considering GAA is all about the team and not the individual.

Cavan were the ones who turned their back on Seanie Johnson not the other way around, the world and its mother could see that Val Andrews was a fraud and a bluffer but he was allowed to dismantle that panel before the CCB finaly seen sense and sent him on he's way. Cant blame Seanie for wanting to play football at the highest level and he's own county would'nt afford him that opportunity why should'nt he look elsewhere??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Cavan were the ones who turned their back on Seanie Johnson not the other way around, the world and its mother could see that Val Andrews was a fraud and a bluffer but he was allowed to dismantle that panel before the CCB finaly seen sense and sent him on he's way. Cant blame Seanie for wanting to play football at the highest level and he's own county would'nt afford him that opportunity why should'nt he look elsewhere??

he had years playing for Cavan, and as has been mentioned on numerous occassions, it was as much to do with off field behaviour as on field ability. There is no doubting he is a good player, but if managment think that a player detracts from a squad situation, or that he will take the focus off the team and have it more on the individual, then which is better?

To have a unified team playing to one goal, or have a broken squad with a talented player who may or may not play to his unquestionable ability depending on his mood?

I still dont get how people think its right that Johnston is trying to manufacture a fraudulent transfer to a better county. If he was pi$$ed off with Andrews, he should have put the head down and shown him he was wrong to drop him. And if he had done that, he'd more than likely be back playing now as the man he disagreed with is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hold up now see you have left out one very very important element there, lets say Banty droped Bray over the phone and told him he was no longer part of the Meath setup, and no one even bated an eyelid and let it happen -then you have a comparable case. Cavan have said they dont want him, but like a spoilt child they have decided that no-one else can have him either, net result a fine talent is lost from the game.

Where have Cavan said no one else can have him? Cavan and his club have approved the transfer. One point was raised by Cavan to Central Council in that they have reservations as to whether Johnston is living in KIldare.

It's up to Central Council to investigate same and make their enquiries. Cavan have rubberstamped the transfer.

On yet another topic, you are poorly informed. Go and read a few papers and get some knowledge of Cavan football and Johnston if you're so interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Again, poorly informed. What panel did Andrews dismantle? Terry Hyland is working with 90% of the same panel that Andrews worked with and has not called in one player that Andrews "dropped". So how did Andrews "dismantle" any panel?

I already went over this point with you but you seem to have problems comprehending and understanding things.

Let him look elsewhere. He doesn't have to run around Croke Park showing no respect before the transfer has gone through though.

That's my piece on this thread over. Sick of rehashing over the same points with people who can't read back over the thread because its too long now. I'll now be happily ignoring it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭lilywhites28

Lemlin I know you have said that your last post was going to be your last on the matter. Just that I thought Cavan Gaels gave him their blessing for his first transfer submitted but the cavan county board did not meaning it would not go through automatically after the 10 days and suggested his residency be looked at. The cccc turned him down on that grounds the first time.
    Anyone know when does the cac meet? or is this going to be another orchestrated dragged out affair also.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Cavan were the ones who turned their back on Seanie Johnson not the other way around
    Johnston played for the Gaels second team in their championship before he officially played for their first team in the Senior Championship last year, does this sound like a guy who should be automatically brought into the senior county squad? No player should be entitled to a place in the squad and if Andrews felt Johnston should earn his place in the squad then that is perfectly reasonable. Johnston threw the toys out of the pram, not the other way around.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Hold up now see you have left out one very very important element there, lets say Banty droped Bray over the phone and told him he was no longer part of the Meath setup, and no one even bated an eyelid and let it happen -then you have a comparable case. Cavan have said they dont want him, but like a spoilt child they have decided that no-one else can have him either, net result a fine talent is lost from the game.
    Who didn't bat an eyelid? Not once was he told he would never play for Cavan again. He should have put his head down and try and win his place back.
    I find it slightly ironic that you use the analogy of "a spoilt child". There is one party in this saga that could be likened to a spoilt child, and it ain't the Cavan board/management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭lilywhites28

Well I see the "spoilt child" avenue clearly worked for some take Joe sherdian in Meath for example. Yes we were told it was for work reasons..but I was talking to a meath man in the stands at the kildare v meath legaue match and he was telling me that Joe was only getting the last 10 minutes of a game. Wasn't a starter. The same happened the kildare game came on fairly late could of been the last 8 or that if memory serves me right. Throws the rattler out of the pram. Annouces he's leaving for the US for work and leaves meath football during the league when they were in disaray. Heads to the US. Meath pull out all the stops for him and lone be hold is back within the meath camp after a few weeks and is starting now for the championship and has got what he wants.
    Thats my opinion of course and to me thats a prime example of throwing the rattle out of the pram to ensure you get what you want. Johnston's been highlighted here well not the only one in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants

The Guru McGeeney? I'm guessing the real reason for your interest in this move has nothing to do with your dislike of McGeeney? You're after showing yourself up for what you really are in the post above. The fact that he has paraded with the Kildare team has absolutely nothing to do with peopl ebeing against this move. They were against it and were pissed off anyway and posters are just using it as another stick to beat him with,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Well I see the "spoilt child" avenue clearly worked for some take Joe sherdian in Meath for example. Yes we were told it was for work reasons..but I was talking to a meath man in the stands at the kildare v meath legaue match and he was telling me that Joe was only getting the last 10 minutes of a game. Wasn't a starter. The same happened the kildare game came on fairly late could of been the last 8 or that if memory serves me right. Throws the rattler out of the pram. Annouces he's leaving for the US for work and leaves meath football during the league when they were in disaray. Heads to the US. Meath pull out all the stops for him and lone be hold is back within the meath camp after a few weeks and is starting now for the championship and has got what he wants.
    Thats my opinion of course and to me thats a prime example of throwing the rattle out of the pram to ensure you get what you want. Johnston's been highlighted here well not the only one in my book.
    No offence, but you obviously don't know a hell of a lot about the Joe Sheridan move to the US and neither did the Meath fan you 'talked to'.
    It was known 'off the record' for weeks before it was made public that Joe Sheridan was planning to move Stateside and this was the reason he wasn't starting games in order to give other players who would be playing the rest of the league some game time. Nothing to do with acting like a spoilt child.
    I really haven't a clue what this has to do with the Seanie Johnston transfer though. Though it does seem you agree that Johnston did act childishly which leads me to ask: why would you want an unpredictable player like Johnston playing for a well oiled team like Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

No offence, but you obviously don't know a hell of a lot about the Joe Sheridan move to the US and neither did the Meath fan you 'talked to'.
    It was known 'off the record' for weeks before it was made public that Joe Sheridan was planning to move Stateside and this was the reason he wasn't starting games in order to give other players who would be playing the rest of the league some game time. Nothing to do with acting like a spoilt child.
    I really haven't a clue what this has to do with the Seanie Johnston transfer though. Though it does seem you agree that Johnston did act childishly which leads me to ask: why would you want an unpredictable player like Johnston playing for a well oiled team like Kildare?
    I asked this question here a few weeks ago. It just strikes me as odd that a team like Kildare who seem to value team mentality over individual performance maybe more than any other team in the country would want to introduce this kind of personality to what seems like a tight knit panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭celt262

I asked this question here a few weeks ago. It just strikes me as odd that a team like Kildare who seem to value team mentality over individual performance maybe more than any other team in the country would want to introduce this kind of personality to what seems like a tight knit panel.

He was only like that in Cavan because he was the big fish in the small pond, he was the main man and everything went threw him.

If he gets to play for Kildare i know well he will sit in the corner and do as he is told because he will be a small fish in a big pond.

largepants wrote: »
    The Guru McGeeney? I'm guessing the real reason for your interest in this move has nothing to do with your dislike of McGeeney? You're after showing yourself up for what you really are in the post above. The fact that he has paraded with the Kildare team has absolutely nothing to do with people being against this move. They were against it and were pissed off anyway and posters are just using it as another stick to beat him with,

On the contrary, I haven't shown myself up at all. I'm just stating my opinion that McGeeney is all mouth and no trousers and it's become very clear that he tapped up Johnston and tried to get his mitts into Shane Supple as well. It really doesn't show that he has much faith in what tools he has currently at his disposal that he's looking elsewhere.

That and the fact that a lot of Kildare fans think they're on the road to Sam now after Division 2. I've said it once and I'll say it again until Kildare beat one of the big teams in championship, they won't really have achieve anything. I should know, we had been built up for years and years only to come unstuck when the going got tough.

One other important note, now that Johnston is in limbo land but training with the Kildare seniors, who will pay for his medical care should he get injured? Is he insured to be training with a panel that he does not have clearance to play for?

A lot of Kildare fans think we're on the road to Sam? One or two 'fans' might have wrongly thought that a Division two title naturally leads to an AI title. But yea you keep on generalising. A few Dublin fans were blowing off in 2010 in the lead up to the Cork game. I don't think that means 'a lot' of Dublin fans think the same thing. Amazing what you can see with blue tinted glasses.It is your opinion that Mcgeeney himself tapped up Supple and Johnston with absolutely zero proof only what your friends on resevoir dubs say. Johnston is still a registered player with Cavan Gaels therefore he's under the remit of the GAA Scheme.

Reservoir Dubs? Stalking us now as to what our opinions are elsewhere, you must be worried :rolleyes:

I'm sick to death of the media circus that is going on around this and I think McGeeney would be better served not to comment on any aspects of the case and concentrate his energies into the players he does have at his disposal. It's an unwelcome distraction from the job at hand and the Kildare supporters that I know just wish that it would be let lie at this stage.

I genuinely think that Kildare can be contenders this year but this messing would have me think that it could all backfire spectacularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I'll say this again, we don't need seanie Johnston- yes he is a fine player but I wouldn't give him a place in the team no way!!! Purely because the lads work so hard and have given me so many great memories over past 5 years or so..

As for anyone doubting Kildare now we all know if they get rub of green they have to be considered as contenders..

I'm sick of all this Johnston crap tbh a guy I know from Cavan is laughing his ass off telling me your welcome to lady gaga etc I can't see him ever being forgiven in Cavan as he burnt all bridges he had with all this..

On another note I think Johnston was mistreated by HQ anyone else is never looked at so why would he be? He provided documents etc I'm not saying he isn't a liar but he should be taken at his word by GAA! Many stars are emigrating regular or get annoyed and say enough is enough I can see Johnston losing interest in the game which would be a terrible thing IMO

I'll say this again, we don't need seanie Johnston- yes he is a fine player but I wouldn't give him a place in the team no way!!! Purely because the lads work so hard and have given me so many great memories over past 5 years or so..

As for anyone doubting Kildare now we all know if they get rub of green they have to be considered as contenders..

I'm sick of all this Johnston crap tbh a guy I know from Cavan is laughing his ass off telling me your welcome to lady gaga etc I can't see him ever being forgiven in Cavan as he burnt all bridges he had with all this..

On another note I think Johnston was mistreated by HQ anyone else is never looked at so why would he be? He provided documents etc I'm not saying he isn't a liar but he should be taken at his word by GAA! Many stars are emigrating regular or get annoyed and say enough is enough I can see Johnston losing interest in the game which would be a terrible thing IMO
    Memories such as winning nothing?
    Contenders? Kildare fans are starting to sound like Liverpool fans. "I'm telling you this is our year"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

good points Dark-knight, as someone that lived in Kildare for a number of years and followed the Kildare team when I was living there, I would agree given the levels of commitment the lads give to their county, that it would be harsh on them.

Seanie Johnston could well win an all-ireland with Kildare but would he be the difference between Kildare winning and losing an all-ireland - probably not - and that's not having a dig at him, he's a fine footballer and would be a nice man to bring into a game to get a few scores.

Unfortunately your mate from Cavan is spot on with how he is viewed here now and he will I feel never be forgiven even by dyed in the wool gaels people.

Croke Park handled things appallingly here and there has been no victors - the right result came about but in the wrong way. This saga should never been allowed to run and run and nobody comes out of it well - Kildare, Cavan or especially Seanie Johnston. Interesting that the "ethos of the game" was used as a reason to reject the case - surely this could have been used from day one and saved all the bother.

It would be a shame if the game lost Johnston but he took a massive gamble going down this road and has to stand by the consequences of his decision.

Contenders? Kildare fans are starting to sound like Liverpool fans. "I'm telling you this is our year"

Looking forward to division 3?? Bitter little man.

You don't need to win silverware to enjoy the game you love or follow your county!! So yes I have great memories like you will in division 3 next year felex!! And my statement re contenders isn't me saying Kildare are gonna win Sam its me saying its obvious they are contenders and you would have to be stupid to think they are not contenders it's obvious they are!!!

You are a **** stirrer btw!!!

• Advertisement

Do you ever have anything useful to say??? What age are you, 12? :confused:

Tom Joad wrote: »
    good points Dark-knight, as someone that lived in Kildare for a number of years and followed the Kildare team when I was living there, I would agree given the levels of commitment the lads give to their county, that it would be harsh on them.

Seanie Johnston could well win an all-ireland with Kildare but would he be the difference between Kildare winning and losing an all-ireland - probably not - and that's not having a dig at him, he's a fine footballer and would be a nice man to bring into a game to get a few scores.

Unfortunately your mate from Cavan is spot on with how he is viewed here now and he will I feel never be forgiven even by dyed in the wool gaels people.

Croke Park handled things appallingly here and there has been no victors - the right result came about but in the wrong way. This saga should never been allowed to run and run and nobody comes out of it well - Kildare, Cavan or especially Seanie Johnston. Interesting that the "ethos of the game" was used as a reason to reject the case - surely this could have been used from day one and saved all the bother.

It would be a shame if the game lost Johnston but he took a massive gamble going down this road and has to stand by the consequences of his decision.
    I think the GAA looked really amateur in the way they dealt with him, yes he is a drama queen it seems but really the gaa should have just told him from the start forget it seanie and fight to play for Cavan!!!

I'm probably worse for rising to him tbh, he will be on my ignore list if any more trolling crap from him

Reservoir Dubs? Stalking us now as to what our opinions are elsewhere, you must be worried :rolleyes:

I'm sick to death of the media circus that is going on around this and I think McGeeney would be better served not to comment on any aspects of the case and concentrate his energies into the players he does have at his disposal. It's an unwelcome distraction from the job at hand and the Kildare supporters that I know just wish that it would be let lie at this stage.

I genuinely think that Kildare can be contenders this year but this messing would have me think that it could all backfire spectacularly.

Stalking you? If you look at your window and see the George Clooney lookalike wearing shades sitting on the park bench reading a newspaper - thats me. But seriously you can't be talking out two sides of your mouth.And there is no one more sick of the media circus then most Kildare people. Believe me I just hope he/it goes away.

Looking forward to division 3?? Bitter little man.

You don't need to win silverware to enjoy the game you love or follow your county!! So yes I have great memories like you will in division 3 next year felex!! And my statement re contenders isn't me saying Kildare are gonna win Sam its me saying its obvious they are contenders and you would have to be stupid to think they are not contenders it's obvious they are!!!

You are a **** stirrer btw!!!
    How can you say a team that hasn't won any silverware bar a Div 2 title cotenders? It makes no sense to me.
    Yes I will enjoy Div 3 next year as Meath may finally win a few league games.

Oh did I upset you?
    Am I not allowed to say anything to your little friend Dark Knight.
    Jog on lad

I'm probably worse for rising to him tbh, he will be on my ignore list if any more trolling crap from him
    So because I don't agree with you I'm a troll?
    Seems legit

Oh did I upset you?
    Jog on lad

Nobody else here is acting the bollox we are all discussing like adults and you are starting unnecessary crap!!! Give it up felex there is no need for you to behave like an adolescent!!!

Nobody else here is acting the bollox we are all discussing like adults and you are starting unnecessary crap!!! Give it up felex there is no need for you to behave like an adolescent!!!
    Well once you come to the realisation that not everything on boards is an attack on poster I will.
    My comment was in jest.
    What memories? How about beating Meath for the last 5 years
    Can't be considered contenders? Probably the 4th best team in the country. How much more obvious do I have to make it.
    Jesus people chill out

• Advertisement

Oh did I upset you?
    Jog on lad

Nope can't say that you upset me, I just have a low tolerance level for morons - I know its a failing of mine but I'll try harder.

That's the second time I've come across one of your snide little remarks and its boring me, I wouldn't mind if it was even funny..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement