Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seanie Johnston Kildare Transfer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

bruschi wrote: »
    what argument cant I win? I'm not here to win an argument. People are on here dicsussing the transfer of Seanie Johnston. I am against it. Others are for it. Its discussing and debating a topic. Its not about winning an argument, and it sure as hell is not about Val Andrews. You have a seriously worrying unhealthy obsession with him.

BTW, I'm not from Cavan, nor do I even know Val Andrews. So no, you didnt hit a raw nerve. Just sick of seeing your rubbish on here the whole time about it.

So quit responding to my posts then and put me on ignore.
    By the way many of your own posts are rubbish and a bit "licky-up" to other posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

So quit responding to my posts then and put me on ignore.
    By the way many of your own posts are rubbish and a bit "licky-up" to other posters.
    Possibly the greatest term for brown nosing ever. Consider it stolen sir :)

Once again you're doing nothing but insinuating things while trying to pass them off as fact. Just as you have done several times throughout this thread. You seem to be cooking up things which now makes Willie Hyland the bad guy in order to preserve your assertion that Johnston is the innocent angel in all this.
    Personally, I'd be more willing to believe that a guy who has brought Cavan back to back Ulster U21 championships has Cavan's best interests at heart than to try and save face. If he thought that bringing Johnston back to Cavan was for the best, then you could be certain he would have done everything to get him back. It's obvious that he doesn't think it's for the best.

Not a Cavan follower, but it turned out that the "players meeting" to get rid of Andrews was exaggerated according to the captain himself.
    http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=169108
    http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=166845

Please read my post to Pete_Cavan.
    I am not insinuating anything. I am merely giving my opinion as to why Hyland (who I don't know and have absolutely nothing against and who I think was brilliant with their underage teams) might not want to be seen as changing sides by taking S.J. back into the fold. He is a Cavan man and I wish him every success. Merely opinions.
    My whole argument is that Andrews caused the trouble and I backed that up with his previous history in Louth. I am not standing up for Johnston except to say that I believe he was a brilliant forward and a great servant to Cavan and that the whole affair should and could have been dealt with differently through sitting down and talking. I believe the Cavan County Board should have done more to resolve the situation too. A bit of private mediation would not have gone astray.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

That's probably because he apologised.
    http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=88686
    Lemlin wrote: »
    Said I wouldn't post on this thread again but the chance to see you look like an idiot again is too much of a draw. I'll post because its not in reference to the thread subject, just in reference to showing you for the clown you are again.

www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=78707
    Also, your constant referral to the cesspit of fora that is Hoganstand is utterly worthless.

Yeah tayto for feck sake, did you not read the ''Cavan Rules'', you are only allowed to quote Hoganstand when it paints Seanie in a bad light, it is forbidden to refer to the site if it any way portrays a positive light on the bauld Seanie, ok.........:p

Yeah tayto for feck sake, did you not read the ''Cavan Rules'', you are only allowed to quote Hoganstand when it paints Seanie in a bad light, it is forbidden to refer to the site if it any way portrays a positive light on the bauld Seanie, ok.........:p

Oh I got that a long time ago.
    AND I know all the cliques on here too. Licky-up lads.
    Tell you what i'll thank you and you thank me etc etc. So obvious really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Oh I got that a long time ago.
    AND I know all the cliques on here too. Licky-up lads.
    Tell you what i'll thank you and you thank me etc etc. So obvious really.

Do you know what's really pathetic - it's the people from outside the county with blatantly obvious agenda's - the hard man who told Val what's what at a match - who can't get involved in a discussion without the bile pouring through and can't substantiate any statement but his "cavan friends" are saying it. I've thanked people's posts because I agree with them and you know what isn't it ironic that most of them are from Cavan -now I wonder is it because they might actually know something about the subject. But that doesn't suit your agenda so its a Cavan clique conspiracy (Will let you in on a secret - that's what the CCC really stands for!!!)

Go on tayto - thank my post - you know you want to - you can be in our clique then!! We burn effigies of Seanie Johnston on most weeknights and have statue's of Val that we worship at the weekends.

Tom Joad wrote: »
    Do you know what's really pathetic - it's the people from outside the county with blatantly obvious agenda's - the hard man who told Val what's what at a match - who can't get involved in a discussion without the bile pouring through and can't substantiate any statement but his "cavan friends" are saying it. I've thanked people's posts because I agree with them and you know what isn't it ironic that most of them are from Cavan -now I wonder is it because they might actually know something about the subject. But that doesn't suit your agenda so its a Cavan clique conspiracy (Will let you in on a secret - that's what the CCC really stands for!!!)

Go on tayto - thank my post - you know you want to - you can be in our clique then!! We burn effigies of Seanie Johnston on most weeknights and have statue's of Val that we worship at the weekends.

Oh you were right Premierstone. Look who we enticed out today.:D
    Really hurting now because someone doesn't agree with them. They had Johnston hanged, drawn and quartered and someone dared to tell them what might actually happen next with the manager who dropped him. Guess what ? That someone was right and they can't take it at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

bruschi was clearly talking about the Hoganstand forums in the very post you quoted. You conveniently missed that. Seriously, some of the childish posts on here makes me think I'm actually looking at the HS forum.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

good man premierstone. I had actually thought you were a better contributor than that. pretty obvious what I was saying as hammer archer points out. but hey, if the point doesnt suit you, just make more childish quips.

bruschi was clearly talking about the Hoganstand forums in the very post you quoted. You conveniently missed that. Seriously, some of the childish posts on here makes me think I'm actually looking at the HS forum.

Lets not try to be elitist here. There's nothing wrong with the Hoganstand forum at all. Also that post you quoted actually makes my point about how the whole Andrews / Johnston matter should have been sorted out. Just like Keoghan did it -- by talking it through. Keoghan seems to have had a bit of savvy alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

good man premierstone. I had actually thought you were a better contributor than that. pretty obvious what I was saying as hammer archer points out. but hey, if the point doesnt suit you, just make more childish quips.

Sorry to dissapoint bruschi, but this thread would do anyones head in tbh, and I dont take the heat very well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Mod Edit <Snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭deisedude

Mod Note: Just a friendly reminder to everyone that personal abuse of other posters or making disparaging remarks about third parties will not be tolerated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

First of all I have no need to attack Andrews now as he is gone and not in a position to manage any team. He has been seen through.
    My other posts are opinions. That's all, opinions. I have nothing against Hyland and don't even know him I was simply giving my opinion of why he didn't recall Seanie Johnston. In my opinion he was damned if he recalled Johnston and damned if he didn't as were the players.. I stated my opinion. I didn't decide anything contrary to what you accused me of. If you don't agree with them that's ok but opinions are not lies and you should know the difference. Don't be getting yourself so worked up.
    Hyland didnt bring SJ back into the panel and has not been "damned".
    Hyland did bring McCutcheon back and has not been "damned".

We have perfect examples of both scenarios and quite clearly he was not damned because he didnt and would not have been damned if he did. The only way your situation works is if Terry Hyland and all members of the Cavan senior panel have some kind of mental deficiency making them incapable of making decisions for themselves and are willing to do what they believe to be the wrong thing just because Andrews, who is no longer in their lives, decided it was the right thing. Opinions are not lies but they can be wrong, as is the case with your opinions here. Your opinions are based on circumstances which did not transpire and are influenced by prejudice, it is like asking Hitler for his opinions on Jews.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Hyland didnt bring SJ back into the panel and has not been "damned".
    Hyland did bring McCutcheon back and has not been "damned".

We have perfect examples of both scenarios and quite clearly he was not damned because he didnt and would not have been damned if he did. The only way your situation works is if Terry Hyland and all members of the Cavan senior panel have some kind of mental deficiency making them incapable of making decisions for themselves and are willing to do what they believe to be the wrong thing just because Andrews, who is no longer in their lives, decided it was the right thing. Opinions are not lies but they can be wrong, as is the case with your opinions here. Your opinions are based on circumstances which did not transpire and are influenced by prejudice, it is like asking Hitler for his opinions on Jews.
    Your 2nd sentence has to be in contention for the longest sentence on Boards.
    I will always admit that my opinions can be wrong but they are my opinions and as such are right until proven wrong. Lads have mentioned Mc Cutcheon being back on the panel But I would ask what about Sheridan and Mackey. What crime did they commit?
    By the way Hitler was right about some of the Jews i'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

By the way Hitler was right about some of the Jews i'm sure.
    nice statement there shows your compassion and your intelligence!! Shocked at that comment I thought you were a **** stirrer and a serious pain in the ass before that statement but now I wouldn't class you what most of us walk in regular!!!

Can just see you sitting in your racist nazi gear!!!

nice statement there shows your compassion and your intelligence!! Shocked at that comment I thought you were a **** stirrer and a serious pain in the ass before that statement but now I wouldn't class you what most of us walk in regular!!!

Can just see you sitting in your racist nazi gear!!!

Jesus the stupidity of some people really shines through if you can't see the sense in that statement. When you take a whole race of people of course there are good and bad in it. Otherwise they would be like programmed robots. Do you think all Irish/British/French people are good ?
    Anyway that retort only showed how you like getting your way and what you will resort to when when you don't get it and when people take you on. Sad really. I won't post what I think of you because you wouldn't like it and you might cry. Get a life son.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Tayto Lover I would cop on very quick if I were you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 richiej_uk

Well he was never approached by the manager since he was dropped. Even ppl who were prepared to act as go between between himself and Val were knocked back. The new management didn't approach him either as he wasn't playing club football in the county .seems they only want players playing local club football. Anyway Terry you will be able to see for yourself on TV this summer if Seanie is any good!!!! So as we will all see, Cavans loss is kildares gain. Speaking with mcgeeney it's seems he has been training with Kildare 5/6 nites a week plus travelling to work in Cavan every day. Mcgeeney reckons he could not have asked more from Seanie!

richiej_uk wrote: »
    Well he was never approached by the manager since he was dropped. Even ppl who were prepared to act as go between between himself and Val were knocked back. The new management didn't approach him either as he wasn't playing club football in the county .seems they only want players playing local club football. Anyway Terry you will be able to see for yourself on TV this summer if Seanie is any good!!!! So as we will all see, Cavans loss is kildares gain. Speaking with mcgeeney it's seems he has been training with Kildare 5/6 nites a week plus travelling to work in Cavan every day. Mcgeeney reckons he could not have asked more from Seanie!

I think Seanie will have to play a match for his new club before he is eligible to play for Kildare. I'd say they will arrange one fairly quickly. Do you know why Cavan Gaels relegated Seanie to the B team last year Richie, was he a bad influence as some posters say ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭celt262

What this thread doesn't need is Richiej all the way from London.

celt262 wrote: »
    What this thread doesn't need is Richiej all the way from London.

Why does this thread not need someone from uk or living in uks presence?? Are you one of those bitter little racists? It's 2012 not 1935!!!! Bad form tbh

Jesus the stupidity of some people really shines through if you can't see the sense in that statement. When you take a whole race of people of course there are good and bad in it. Otherwise they would be like programmed robots. Do you think all Irish/British/French people are good ?
    Anyway that retort only showed how you like getting your way and what you will resort to when when you don't get it and when people take you on. Sad really. I won't post what I think of you because you wouldn't like it and you might cry. Get a life son.

Your opinion of me means **** onion rings trust me that, you don't know me to call me stupid and I have more intellect in a drunken state than you do on an everyday basis son...

Tell me what you think of me see if I cry??

Your opinion of me means **** onion rings trust me that, you don't know me to call me stupid and I have more intellect in a drunken state than you do on an everyday basis son...

Tell me what you think of me see if I cry??

Yeah right. I know your type. Keyboard warrior. I am not biting.

Why does this thread not need someone from uk or living in uks presence?? Are you one of those bitter little racists? It's 2012 not 1935!!!! Bad form tbh

What are you dribbling about?

richiej_uk wrote: »
    Well Richie I see that the Cavan County Board has wished Seanie the best of luck with Kildare anyway so maybe they parted on better terms that we were led to believe
    http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=169779

What are you dribbling about?

Your last post was very borderline tbh!! It might not have been meant in a bad way but it screams anti British...

Yeah right. I know your type. Keyboard warrior. I am not biting.

Keyboard warrior?? LMFAO oh you are a right one lol

Your last post was very borderline tbh!! It might not have been meant in a bad way but it screams anti British...

If you step over to the cavan board on hoganstand you will know what i am on about.

• Advertisement

If you step over to the cavan board on hoganstand you will know what i am on about.

Just read some of Richie's posts on the Hogan Stand. I would agree with a fair bit of what he said. The supporters of your county seem to be very divided on the issue with the new manager not escaping either. That's the way our county was too after Andrews left.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement