Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seanie Johnston Kildare Transfer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Nail on the head Flex, they turned their back on him fairly quickly, and backed someone who the whole country knew was a chancer and a bluffer, and the CCB never bated an eyelid, but god forbid he should try and play for someone else. Seems to me he just wants to play Football, and in a time where more and more players are retiring or turning their back on the GAA because of the commitment levels required at intercounty level, I dont see how that is a bad thing, and hardly makes him the primadonna some try and paint him as.

Its not as if Kildare headhunted another intercounty player ( he was for all intents and purposes a free agent) or Seanie initiated the move himself, it was Val Andrews and Val Andrews alone who engineered the whole fiasco, take a bow Val another glorious chapter in your gliterring CV :D

Where did people say they minded him playing elsewhere? I always wished him well with KIldare (again, it'd be great like your mate above if you could actually read the thread) until his display at the weekend running around with Kildare before the transfer had even gone through.

To be honest, Terry Hyland hasn't rushed to try and get Seanie back in and I wouldn't expect him to. The commitment for the Cavan panel wasn't there with Johnston so Val was right to drop him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

lol Lemlin and Val up a tree k i s s ...........:D

Great showing of your mental age and capacity there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Come on man. Is that really the best you can come up with? It really makes you sound immature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

did he or did he not get transfer ???
    its getting a bit boring now
    i would have been a fan of his but i was horrified to think that he thought so little of the people of cavan as to parade around with kildare while STILL a player registered in another county

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭lilywhites28

No answer of yet im afraid. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Is that not the second time something like that has been posted on the GAA boards?

Sad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

205290.PNG

They were hoping to get the transfer through before the weekend, meaning he could play for Kevins this weekend and be eligible to play for the county then. Seems like this is the end of the road - although surely if the transfer was approved the county board could fix a club match between now and 16th of June?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

ColHol wrote: »
    205290.PNG

They were hoping to get the transfer through before the weekend, meaning he could play for Kevins this weekend and be eligible to play for the county then. Seems like this is the end of the road - although surely if the transfer was approved the county board could fix a club match between now and 16th of June?

The clubs agreed to the dates of the County Championship. I don't see why they should be changed just for the sake of this one transfer. There'll be many lads who have booked holidays, going working abroad for the summer etc. No way any club would agree to a change IMO.

Kildare are far better off without Johnston anyway.

Few weeks between now and the 17th of June. Roundabout way of ensuring he wont be able to play for Kevins and kildare. Bad form to invite him up ask him to produce more evidence and then tell him there wont be another meeting on the matter until monday night.:mad:
    Anything is possible at this stage as kildare are not out until 4 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Few weeks between now and the 17th of June. Roundabout way of ensuring he wont be able to play for Kevins and kildare. Bad form to invite him up ask him to produce more evidence and then tell him there wont be another meeting on the matter until monday night.:mad:
    Anything is possible at this stage as kildare are not out until 4 weeks.

There won't be a second round before Kildare go out because no club will want to be out of the county championship before mid-June for obvious reasons (which will happen under the new system). Can hardly see Leixlip agreeing to put the match back either and why should they?

Oh I know that just pointing out that an option left would be if the game against Leixlip was delayed. Ive a feeling they will grant the transfer next week knowing it is to late for him.
    I have heard many times before on radio stations and forums that the transfer is "dead in the water" and that "this is the end of the saga", for it then to take another twist. Will there be another twist who knows?

Just to say also...whether your for or against the transfer no one can deny that what the cccc have done tonight is right. You either give him a yes or no. That delay tactic treatment is wrong and a complete cop out. He was told to come up tonight that they wanted more evidence. He produced all paperwork that was needed.
    For them then to turnaround and say after he travelling up with everything required to make a decision and say "Sorry lad no decision is going to be made come back next monday". No matter what you think of the transfer that behaviour by the cccc is completely wrong. Couldnt give him a decision either way knowing that he wouldnt be able to go to the DRA to appeal it in time. Thats an option that he has also been denyed.
    I dont believe that it was necessary for them to play their dirty tactics. The assocation has acted poorly imo in their treatment of one of gaa players.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Just to say also...whether your for or against the transfer no one can deny that what the cccc have done tonight is right. You either give him a yes or no. That delay tactic treatment is wrong and a complete cop out. He was told to come up tonight that they wanted more evidence. He produced all paperwork that was needed.
    For them then to turnaround and say after he travelling up with everything required to make a decision and say "Sorry lad no decision is going to be made come back next monday". No matter what you think of the transfer that behaviour by the cccc is completely wrong. Couldnt give him a decision either way knowing that he wouldnt be able to go to the DRA to appeal it in time. Thats an option that he has also been denyed.
    I dont believe that it was necessary for them to play their dirty tactics. The assocation has acted poorly imo in their treatment of one of gaa players.

Agree 100% with everything you say. cccc have treated one of their own in the most despicable manner. You'd have to worry about an organisation run by such vindictive muppets. Wonder what the GPA think of all of this? Aren't they meant to be looking out for the welfare of players. Shows them up to be very limited in terms of any real influence when it comes to looking after the welfare of players.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Claonadh1

It has been reported on KFM that the transfer has been turned down today under rule 6.1 (ethos) & 6.9 (residency).

It'll probably go to the DRA now.

It's far from over yet and an appeal has been launched straight away to the cac according to kfm. After that it's the DRA. I'd a feeling it would go to the DRA. Hope he gets better treatment than he has been receiving thus far.
    Not throwing in the towel yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

LOL. Excuse the bad language but the stupid cccc **** sent him the notification detailing that they did not believe he lived at a certain address, to the actual address they do not believe he lives at.

lol. You stupid thick shower of bastards. The Greeks or Fianna Fail would do better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

To Alcohol wrote: »
    LOL. Excuse the bad language but the stupid cccc **** sent him the notification detailing that they did not believe he lived at a certain address, to the actual address they do not believe he lives at.

lol. You stupid thick shower of bastards. The Greeks or Fianna Fail would do better than that.

I have decided to infract you for the above post.Please read the forum charter and tone down the language.

Ridiculous isnt it. So they seen the bad reaction they were getting for delaying the decision until monday night. Did a u-turn and ensured he had a decision by the post on friday morning. Not sure but if they had no intentions of giving him a decision until monday and changed their minds then. Would they have not had to send a registered letter to ensure he gets the letter in time 24 hours before the st.kevins and leixlip game. Meaning it was sent to the address they dont believe he resides at under 6.9.
    Clever lads clever. :eek:

Ridiculous isnt it. So they seen the bad reaction they were getting for delaying the decision until monday night. Did a u-turn and ensured he had a decision by the post on friday morning. Not sure but if they had no intentions of giving him a decision until monday and changed their minds then. Would they have not had to send a registered letter to ensure he gets the letter in time 24 hours before the st.kevins and leixlip game. Meaning it was sent to the address they dont believe he resides at under 6.9.
    Clever lads clever. :eek:

He doesn't deserve the move after his antics running around Croke Park with Kildare before the transfer had even gone through. I'm delighted for him. Hope he gets what he deserves now and stays in GAA limbo.

And before people say that's bitter, I was wishing the lad all the best until those antics showed such disrespect to both Cavan and his club Cavan Gaels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Lemlin wrote: »
    He doesn't deserve the move after his antics running around Croke Park with Kildare before the transfer had even gone through. I'm delighted for him. Hope he gets what he deserves now and stays in GAA limbo.

And before people say that's bitter, I was wishing the lad all the best until those antics showed such disrespect to both Cavan and his club Cavan Gaels.

Agreed, thought that was a massive slap in the face of his native county but then again the whole move smacks of a guy who is only serving his best interest.The ethos of the GAA is that you represent your county and club and this is why it was upheld.

Fair enough if the lad had a proper job in Kildare but he is still teaching in Cavan town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

blackbelt wrote: »
    Agreed, thought that was a massive slap in the face of his native county but then again the whole move smacks of a guy who is only serving his best interest.The ethos of the GAA is that you represent your county and club and this is why it was upheld.

Fair enough if the lad had a proper job in Kildare but he is still teaching in Cavan town.

Nail on the head blackbelt, but while the ethos of the GAA was upheld did we really need to see this dragged out for so long - done nobody in Cavan, Kildare or Johnston himself any good. I really don't see where he goes next as he looks like a prima donna after the whole thing - getting pictured with the Kildare lads when they won the league was the last straw for many Cavan supporters who won't forgive that one easy.

He mighten have the papers as of yet but he obviously felt part of the team to be up there with them. Do you not know he has been training with the kildare team for some time now?
    Was the league final not a week after Hyland was made manager of Cavan. Think the media and some were questioning his commitment to the transfer when Hyland was put in charge. You mighten agree with it but he answered them.
    He has thrown his lot in with kildare and has burned bridges in Cavan. I do wish the whole thing would be sorted soon however I do believe it will go all the way to the DRA. Just going by the way things have gone and are going could be long term for johnston.

He mighten have the papers as of yet but he obviously felt part of the team to be up there with them. Do you not know he has been training with the kildare team for some time now?
    Was the league final not a week after Hyland was made manager of Cavan. Think the media and some were questioning his commitment to the transfer when Hyland was put in charge. You mighten agree with it but he answered them.
    He has thrown his lot in with kildare and has burned bridges in Cavan. I do wish the whole thing would be sorted soon however I do believe it will go all the way to the DRA. Just going by the way things have gone and are going could be long term for johnston.

How would we not know that he was training with Kildare? The lad poses for every photo opportunity that he can get.

Yes, he has thrown his lot in with Kildare and burned his bridges with Cavan rather too quickly for most people's, myself included, liking. His appearance at Croke Park had nothing to do with him showing his commitment to Kildare or answering any speculation.

Hyland said that he would look at any player playing for their club in Cavan. Johnston isn't playing for any Cavan club and, even if he was, I don't think Hyland would be calling him back in.

The Independent described him aptly - "unpredictable but sometimes brilliant Seanie Johnston" - at the weekend. The funny thing is the article was about a player who has suffered the same fate as Johnston but has more respect for his county in his little finger - Kevin Cassidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

How would we not know that he was training with Kildare? The lad poses for every photo opportunity that he can get.

Yes, he has thrown his lot in with Kildare and burned his bridges with Cavan rather too quickly for most people's, myself included, liking. His appearance at Croke Park had nothing to do with him showing his commitment to Kildare or answering any speculation.

Hyland said that he would look at any player playing for their club in Cavan. Johnston isn't playing for any Cavan club and, even if he was, I don't think Hyland would be calling him back in.

The Independent described him aptly - "unpredictable but sometimes brilliant Seanie Johnston" - at the weekend. The funny thing is the article was about a player who has suffered the same fate as Johnston but has more respect for his county in his little finger - Kevin Cassidy.
    Massive hyperbole.

Also the Kevin Cassidy situation is completely different from this one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

He was in Newbridge today watching Kildare beat Derry. I'd read from that he's still hoping the transfer will go through.

Personally I'd kick the ****er back over to Cavan and I'm not alone thinking that.

you changed your tune fairly quick.

Felexicon wrote: »
    Massive hyperbole.

Also the Kevin Cassidy situation is completely different from this one.

I don't see how it is exaggeration. Have you not seen all the pictures of Seanie posing, hand on chin, in some dark corridor or kit room somewhere looking quite forlorn at the whole situation? I've seen them in every Irish paper going.

Yes, is it a different situation, Cassidy is a player who was commited to his team. Johnston wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I don't see how it is exaggeration. Have you not seen all the pictures of Seanie posing, hand on chin, in some dark corridor or kit room somewhere looking quite forlorn at the whole situation? I've seen them in every Irish paper going.

Yes, is it a different situation, Cassidy is a player who was commited to his team. Johnston wasn't.
    A player so commited he revealed details of training/conditioning programmes used by the county.

Also the Johnston transfer is obviously a big story which will result in alot of press attention. If they ask for a picture to go with the article what is he supposed to do?

I do get why you would be so annoyed by the wholle situation but your recent comments portay you as some kind of spiteful teenage girl with a grudge against some who stole her first crush

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Felexicon wrote: »
    A player so commited he revealed details of training/conditioning programmes used by the county.

Also the Johnston transfer is obviously a big story which will result in alot of press attention. If they ask for a picture to go with the article what is he supposed to do?

I do get why you would be so annoyed by the wholle situation but your recent comments portay you as some kind of spiteful teenage girl with a grudge against some who stole her first crush
    To be fair, lets say someone like Paddy Gilsenan or Stephen Bray decided to try and transfer to Dublin for purely footballing reasons (ie not because they moved there but purely wanted to play for them) and before the transfer even went through, paraded around with the Dublin team on the Croke Park pitch after them winning some silverware. Would you, as a Meath fan, take kindly to that? I know I wouldn't. It would be a huge slap in the face to Meath fans.

With regards to the press situation, the point is that Johnston is (annoyingly for me anyway) going to the press at almost every opportunity which is one of the main reason's that this story is getting the coverage it has been getting. He paints himself as the victim in all this while it is clear to everybody reading between the lines that he is at least partially to blame for being dropped from the Cavan panel.
    And as I've said from the very start, instead of putting his head down with Cavan Gaels (with whom he was actually going to remain playing with if he was still allowed play for Kildare) and making it clear to the Cavan manager that he had made a mistake, he then tries to engineer a move to Kildare for footballing reasons alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

To be fair, lets say someone like Paddy Gilsenan or Stephen Bray decided to try and transfer to Dublin for purely footballing reasons (ie not because they moved there but purely wanted to play for them) and before the transfer even went through, paraded around with the Dublin team on the Croke Park pitch after them winning some silverware. Would you, as a Meath fan, take kindly to that? I know I wouldn't. It would be a huge slap in the face to Meath fans.

Hold up now see you have left out one very very important element there, lets say Banty droped Bray over the phone and told him he was no longer part of the Meath setup, and no one even bated an eyelid and let it happen -then you have a comparable case. Cavan have said they dont want him, but like a spoilt child they have decided that no-one else can have him either, net result a fine talent is lost from the game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement