Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seanie Johnston Kildare Transfer?

191012141538

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 51,312 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover


    Lemlin wrote: »
    To be honest, there's been post after post on this thread which is now over 20 pages long of people not being able to understand how Cavan can drop Johnston. Every Cavan poster on here has supported Andrews and stated that something needed to be done with the county setup. Most have then dropped their points at that stage but you continue.

    So my problem is not someone having a different view, it's someone reading this thread and stating that Cavan supporters "cannot understand why their best footballer for so long wants to up-tent and leave". They clearly can from reading this thread so, as I've asked, what's your point?

    If this thread is indicative of Cavan people's thinking, not many give two fiddlers fooks that Johnston is gone. Of course they would prefer him in blue to white but he's been dropped for whatever reasons and people in Cavan, having seen the panel over the past few years, realise this. So you're entirely wrong to make a statement like that above and its statements like that constantly being made in media etc. which annoy me at this stage. Cavan supporters DO understand what is happening and they are supporting Andrews and the county board, not Johnston.

    I also have problems with your labelling of him as the "best foward for years" in Cavan. Have you heard of Jason or Larry Reilly? Jason only quit playing county football in 2009 and Larry was only the year before. So Johnston has not been Cavan's best forward for years.

    Also, have you ever seen Johnston play? If you go over to Hogan Stand and have a look at posts over the years, you'll find Seanie had plenty of critics, as well as fans. He can kick a score from anywhere once the ball is delivered to him. Ask him to win the ball or fight to get it though and you're in trouble. Hence the reason he has never scored a Championship goal.
    Saw him play a few times and he was excellent. Was he not their top scorer for the last few years too ? Saw the other two play too and Jason had a great eye for goal. Thought Larry was a headless chicken who kicked terrible wides and took bad options on the two occasions that I saw him, but that has little to do with this anyway.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad


    Reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that Cavan and Andrews deserve each other and Im actually going to kind of enjoy the inevitable debacle that will ensue :D

    Don't know what you mean by this but I can't understand what the issue with the way the management have handled this is. For far too long there has been too much player power in Cavan, too many disruptive influences around the county set-up etc which has led us to the dark days we are in at the minute. Manager comes in and says - I pick the team, I want players who are willing to commit to the jersey not matter who you are - and people have a problem with this. I'm delighted that for once people are standing behing the manager. Why should he come out and explain himself to all and sundry? From what I can see it has been Johnston that has been talking to the media and leaking things about 10 second phonecalls etc.. what's to be gained by Andrews coming out with his side off the story - nothing!!!

    His job is to work with the players he has for the League and Championship not have a media frenzy around a player who wants to play for another county.

    As for Johnston being our best forward in the last few years - yes on his day and when he was in the mood he was virtually unplayable, but when the going got tough he disappeared - what we need in Cavan is hungry, committed players, all pulling together. If that's what Andrews gets out of this that will be the best thing that happened Cavan GAA in a long, long time. That is why Cavan supporters here are backing the manager.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin


    Saw him play a few times and he was excellent. Was he not their top scorer for the last few years too ? Saw the other two play too and Jason had a great eye for goal. Thought Larry was a headless chicken who kicked terrible wides and took bad options on the two occasions that I saw him, but that has little to do with this anyway.

    He certainly wasn't top scorer last year. He may have been the year before but are free takers not generally top point scorers? I'm not questioning Johnston's ability. He has great ability to kick scores. As I said though, ask him to do the dirty work and win a tough 50/50 ball, and he'll stand back. He is a player who can turn a game and there's no disputing that. I saw him do it two years ago against Wicklow.

    It has alot to do with it tbh because I've repeatedly watched you on this thread refer, first to Johnston as Cavan's "best player in years". Then when I pointed out Dermot McCabe, you changed it to "best forward in years".

    The Irish Aussie Rules management must of missed Larry Reilly kicking terrible wides when they called him up to the panel on 2 or 3 occasions. A feat never accomplished by Johnston might I add.

    Jason Reilly also scored the winning goal in the '97 Ulster final and played for Cavan right up to 2008. He also played for the Juniors in recent times and still regularly plays for Belturbet. He was a top forward and better than Johnston IMO.

    In 2001 in the League, he scored a goal in every game (when Cavan were in Division 1 might I add) and Cavan made the final where they lost against Tyrone.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin


    Nobody in the management set-up seems to have come out and said that. That is part of my point, nothing has been explained. Some are saying that Johnston is a bad influence in the dressing room and with young players and others are saying that Andrews hasn't got a clue and can't take criticism. Many are saying that Johnston was last years captain and must have said something following their two championship hammerings to upset Andrews.
    If Gooch or Brogan were to be dropped would supporters of those counties not be entitled to ask questions ? We were the same in Louth when the O'Hanlons were dropped years ago, we asked questions and got answers.

    I haven't seen a single poster on here (and I've just read back through every post) say that Johnston must have said something to upset Andrews except you. You were even the one which came out with that story originally on here. You've also repeatedly referred to Andrews as a "dictator". In fact, your postings on the GAA forum appear to be limited to this thread so have you some sort of personal interest in it?

    I also don't see too many on here saying that Andrews hasn't a clue and can't take criticism. I certainly haven't heard it from too many in Cavan either.

    Seanie Johnston is a long way from Gooch or Brogan. Top players have been dropped by counties before. They haven't looked for transfers away and haven't asked for it to be spelt out in the media. As people have repeatedly said (but you don't seem to be able to get into your thick skull), why does Andrews need to speak out? He's getting plenty of support in the county, as evident in this thread.

    Seanie meanwhile is having texts sent around about how he can't remember where he lives. Kieran McGeeney has his own County Board saying he spoke too early about the move. It appears from the opinion of alot of Kildare supporters, including some on here, they don't want Johnston.

    So what exactly does Andrews need to clarify? A number of players were given the first year of his tenure and he's decided they weren't for him so he has moved on.


  • Registered Users Posts: 51,312 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover


    Lemlin wrote: »
    I haven't seen a single poster on here (and I've just read back through every post) say that Johnston must have said something to upset Andrews except you. You were even the one which came out with that story originally on here. You've also repeatedly referred to Andrews as a "dictator". In fact, your postings on the GAA forum appear to be limited to this thread so have you some sort of personal interest in it?

    I also don't see too many on here saying that Andrews hasn't a clue and can't take criticism. I certainly haven't heard it from too many in Cavan either.

    Seanie Johnston is a long way from Gooch or Brogan. Top players have been dropped by counties before. They haven't looked for transfers away and haven't asked for it to be spelt out in the media. As people have repeatedly said (but you don't seem to be able to get into your thick skull), why does Andrews need to speak out? He's getting plenty of support in the county, as evident in this thread.

    Seanie meanwhile is having texts sent around about how he can't remember where he lives. Kieran McGeeney has his own County Board saying he spoke too early about the move. It appears from the opinion of alot of Kildare supporters, including some on here, they don't want Johnston.

    So what exactly does Andrews need to clarify? A number of players were given the first year of his tenure and he's decided they weren't for him so he has moved on.

    Maybe you should ask the Louth supporters what they think of Andrews and I have posted some of their views on here which you must not have read. I also checked your Cavan Board on Hogan Stand and there are as many posters on it for Johnston as there are against him. So I think you are posting porkies with that one. To make the matter plain for all to see then I believe (just me) that the manager has to clarify what the real story is.

    PS
    No need to upset yourself over it all.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,312 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover


    Lemlin wrote: »
    He certainly wasn't top scorer last year. He may have been the year before but are free takers not generally top point scorers? I'm not questioning Johnston's ability. He has great ability to kick scores. As I said though, ask him to do the dirty work and win a tough 50/50 ball, and he'll stand back. He is a player who can turn a game and there's no disputing that. I saw him do it two years ago against Wicklow.

    It has alot to do with it tbh because I've repeatedly watched you on this thread refer, first to Johnston as Cavan's "best player in years". Then when I pointed out Dermot McCabe, you changed it to "best forward in years".

    The Irish Aussie Rules management must of missed Larry Reilly kicking terrible wides when they called him up to the panel on 2 or 3 occasions. A feat never accomplished by Johnston might I add.

    Jason Reilly also scored the winning goal in the '97 Ulster final and played for Cavan right up to 2008. He also played for the Juniors in recent times and still regularly plays for Belturbet. He was a top forward and better than Johnston IMO.

    In 2001 in the League, he scored a goal in every game (when Cavan were in Division 1 might I add) and Cavan made the final where they lost against Tyrone.

    I would have classed Dermot as a midfielder myself even though he did play in the forwards from time to time and usuallyt moved in from midfield. I also think from memory that Jason did not score that goal in the Ulster Final of 1997. I was at that match and thought it was Damien O'Reilly but maybe I am wrong again. There is no denying that Jason was a great footballer but I believe Seanie is better, but my opinion again of course.
    As regards Aussie Rules, I never had any time for it and think that many good players had no time for it either. I am with Mickey Harte on this one. The best players avoided that shambles of a game.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin


    I would have classed Dermot as a midfielder myself even though he did play in the forwards from time to time and usuallyt moved in from midfield. I also think from memory that Jason did not score that goal in the Ulster Final of 1997. I was at that match and thought it was Damien O'Reilly but maybe I am wrong again. There is no denying that Jason was a great footballer but I believe Seanie is better, but my opinion again of course.
    As regards Aussie Rules, I never had any time for it and think that many good players had no time for it either. I am with Mickey Harte on this one. The best players avoided that shambles of a game.

    Now I know you just haven't a clue. Peter Canavan? Stephen McDonnell? Graham Geraghty? Dara O'Se? Padraig Joyce? Anthony Tohill? Sean Og de Paor? Sean Cavanagh? All of the above are some of the best GAA players over the past decade and they didn't avoid "that shambles of a game". Can you give examples of the best players who did avoid it?

    My point re Dermot is that when I mentioned him you changed best player to forward because Dermot did usually play in midfield. Read my post and I never said I did class Dermot as a forward. Are you ready to admit you were wrong over Johnston being Cavan's best player for years now?

    Jason O'Reilly scored the goal. Damien O'Reilly is a back. Jason was a super sub back then and came on to score it. Again, your knowledge appears poor so I'll be taking your opinion with a pinch of salt.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin


    Maybe you should ask the Louth supporters what they think of Andrews and I have posted some of their views on here which you must not have read. I also checked your Cavan Board on Hogan Stand and there are as many posters on it for Johnston as there are against him. So I think you are posting porkies with that one. To make the matter plain for all to see then I believe (just me) that the manager has to clarify what the real story is.

    PS
    No need to upset yourself over it all.

    The only thing getting me upset is that countless posters from cavan like myself and Tom Joad have continually posted why we have no problem with what management are doing but an incessant cretin keeps asking "why" like a 3 year old child.

    That's fine so. We may get on the phone and demand an answer from Val because a fella called Tayto Lover on Boards is demanding answers!

    As I asked previously, what's the personal agenda here? Because for a fella who doesn't post in the GAA forum, you've a big interest in this topic.


  • Registered Users Posts: 51,312 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover


    Lemlin wrote: »
    Now I know you just haven't a clue. Peter Canavan? Stephen McDonnell? Graham Geraghty? Dara O'Se? Padraig Joyce? Anthony Tohill? Sean Og de Paor? Sean Cavanagh? All of the above are some of the best GAA players over the past decade and they didn't avoid "that shambles of a game". Can you give examples of the best players who did avoid it?

    My point re Dermot is that when I mentioned him you changed best player to forward because Dermot did usually play in midfield. Read my post and I never said I did class Dermot as a forward. Are you ready to admit you were wrong over Johnston being Cavan's best player for years now?

    Jason O'Reilly scored the goal. Damien O'Reilly is a back. Jason was a super sub back then and came on to score it. Again, your knowledge appears poor so I'll be taking your opinion with a pinch of salt.

    You are still allowing yourself to get angry and offended.
    Those opinions are mine and I do indeed say that Johnson was Cavan's best footballer for the last few years. You might be right about the goal scorer BUT you should be as you are a Cavan man. I wonder what your knowledge of |Louth football is like ?
    You can take my opinions anyway you like especially as you seem to have an agenda of backing up the manager of your county no matter what. I just cannot see why people are so quick to turn on one of their own and back an outsider buyt sure that's how the Normans arrived here.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B


    Supple rejected Kildare

    http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/supple-rejected-kildare-182574.html

    Unbelievable, piss off and get your own players instead of trying to poach from other counties. Someone in HQ needs to do something about this, it's making an absolute mockery of the intercounty system!

    Surely the current incumbents on the Kildare panel must be feeling uneasy reading all this stuff.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer


    dcr22B wrote: »
    Supple rejected Kildare

    http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/supple-rejected-kildare-182574.html

    Unbelievable, piss off and get your own players instead of trying to poach from other counties. Someone in HQ needs to do something about this, it's making an absolute mockery of the intercounty system!

    Surely the current incumbents on the Kildare panel must be feeling uneasy reading all this stuff.
    If true, that is very very bad form by McGeeney and Kildare. What does that say to Shane Connolly that his manager obviously doesn't have confidence in him as he was trying to find a replacement.
    I would not be happy with this sort of carry on if I was a Kildare fan. Agree that Croke Park should do something about this because it's taking the piss at this stage.


  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants


    dcr22B wrote: »
    Supple rejected Kildare

    http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/supple-rejected-kildare-182574.html

    Unbelievable, piss off and get your own players instead of trying to poach from other counties. Someone in HQ needs to do something about this, it's making an absolute mockery of the intercounty system!

    Surely the current incumbents on the Kildare panel must be feeling uneasy reading all this stuff.

    Hold your horses there for a minute. Just because you read it in a paper doesn't mean its true. Or just because Supple said it doesn't mean its true either.

    I suggest Supple might be stirring it a bit.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B


    John Fogarty does not have bullsh1t stories published.

    Kildare GAA won't comment on it as it's getting embarassing at this stage.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Alaska1


    largepants wrote: »
    Hold your horses there for a minute. Just because you read it in a paper doesn't mean its true. Or just because Supple said it doesn't mean its true either.

    I suggest Supple might be stirring it a bit.

    It is 100% true I am afraid.

    In anyways what possible gain could Supple get by making something like that up ?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow


    dcr22B wrote: »
    Supple rejected Kildare

    http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/supple-rejected-kildare-182574.html

    Unbelievable, piss off and get your own players instead of trying to poach from other counties. Someone in HQ needs to do something about this, it's making an absolute mockery of the intercounty system!

    Surely the current incumbents on the Kildare panel must be feeling uneasy reading all this stuff.
    If true, that is very very bad form by McGeeney and Kildare. What does that say to Shane Connolly that his manager obviously doesn't have confidence in him as he was trying to find a replacement.
    I would not be happy with this sort of carry on if I was a Kildare fan. Agree that Croke Park should do something about this because it's taking the piss at this stage.

    Where does that say Geezer approached him. Kildare aren't short on decent keepers and if it was true how do you know it's not someone who just cracked the question to him who was not asked to by Geezer?

    The Seanie transfer is just stupid. I think Val Andrews must of told Johnstone that he hasn't a hope of getting back on the panel. I didn't agree with Ryan O Dwyer either from my own county but there was different circumstances there but I don't think any player should be allowed play for another county.

    I understand why Geezer is trying to pull this off. Kildare need another forward. This transfer will go through though. Regardless of what anyone thinks. The fact that it's an amateur sport the GAA can't bind any player to any club and county.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer


    Where does that say Geezer approached him. Kildare aren't short on decent keepers and if it was true how do you know it's not someone who just cracked the question to him who was not asked to by Geezer?
    Well if he didn't approach him, he most likely organised it. If he didn't even do that then he'd want to find the person who's going behind his back and approaching other county's players without his permission.
    I understand why Geezer is trying to pull this off. Kildare need another forward. This transfer will go through though. Regardless of what anyone thinks. The fact that it's an amateur sport the GAA can't bind any player to any club and county.
    It's the GAA! If you're short of a player, you scour your own county for any talent. You don't poach players from other counties.
    And what makes you so sure the Johnston transfer will go through? I don't think you're familiar with the GAA's intercounty transfer rules. One of the requirements for an intercounty transfer is for the player in question being permanently resident in the county he wants to move to. And Johnston certainly isn't permanently resident in Kildare. In fact, it's debateable whether he's living there at all.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin


    You are still allowing yourself to get angry and offended.
    Those opinions are mine and I do indeed say that Johnson was Cavan's best footballer for the last few years. You might be right about the goal scorer BUT you should be as you are a Cavan man. I wonder what your knowledge of |Louth football is like ?
    You can take my opinions anyway you like especially as you seem to have an agenda of backing up the manager of your county no matter what. I just cannot see why people are so quick to turn on one of their own and back an outsider buyt sure that's how the Normans arrived here.

    I wouldn't say I'm angry. I am annoyed at your constant stupidity.

    I have absolutely no knowledge of Louth football and I've no wish to either.

    I have no agenda. I've stated my reasons for backing the manager on here constantly but, as I said above, you seem to be too much of a cretin to read them. I've also said I'd prefer Terry Hyland was sole manager. Someone needs to try and tackle the mess that is Cavan football rather than burying their head in the sand.

    So, can I ask again, because you've ignored the question, what is your reason for incessantly backing Seanie up and using negative terms like "dictator" for Val? Also, another unanswered question, why so much interest in this thread when you aren't a regular poster on the GAA forum? It seems a bit strange to me.

    People aren't being quick to turn their back on anyone. They are giving their support to a manager because they have seen the work he is doing in the county. People in Cavan know their club football and they see the dedicated players Val is calling in. They also know the reputations of some of the other players he has dropped.

    Perhaps some know of Seanie's own reputation. I'd also state again that his own club stripped him of the captaincy last year and didn't start him in some matches. You choose to ignore points like that which don't suit your agenda. So Johnston has more than just problems with his county and Val.


  • Registered Users Posts: 51,312 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover


    Lemlin wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I'm angry. I am annoyed at your constant stupidity.

    I have absolutely no knowledge of Louth football and I've no wish to either.

    I have no agenda. I've stated my reasons for backing the manager on here constantly but, as I said above, you seem to be too much of a cretin to read them. I've also said I'd prefer Terry Hyland was sole manager. Someone needs to try and tackle the mess that is Cavan football rather than burying their head in the sand.

    So, can I ask again, because you've ignored the question, what is your reason for incessantly backing Seanie up and using negative terms like "dictator" for Val? Also, another unanswered question, why so much interest in this thread when you aren't a regular poster on the GAA forum? It seems a bit strange to me.

    People aren't being quick to turn their back on anyone. They are giving their support to a manager because they have seen the work he is doing in the county. People in Cavan know their club football and they see the dedicated players Val is calling in. They also know the reputations of some of the other players he has dropped.

    Perhaps some know of Seanie's own reputation. I'd also state again that his own club stripped him of the captaincy last year and didn't start him in some matches. You choose to ignore points like that which don't suit your agenda. So Johnston has more than just problems with his county and Val.

    You are not upset and yet you continue to call me stupid and a cretin for taking a different view to yours ?? What a sorrowful post then from you again. Attacking the poster instead of the post is stupid but maybe you don't get that with your arrogance. I have repeatedly told you that Andrews is a poor manager and that it is my opinion. He has not had any county success anywhere and nearly ruined Louth football when he was here. I even posted views from other Louth supporters but you ignored that because you were too interested in backing up YOUR man.
    PS
    Why shouldn't I back up a great footballer like Seanie Johnson who many Cavan supporters have told me got a raw deal, despite you saying that everyone was on Andrew's side. Very untruthful and attempting to mislead indeed. You could have done with him today it seems. But sure you probably didn't even go and just stayed on here backing up your chancer.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin


    You are not upset and yet you continue to call me stupid and a cretin for taking a different view to yours ?? What a sorrowful post then from you again. Attacking the poster instead of the post is stupid but maybe you don't get that with your arrogance. I have repeatedly told you that Andrews is a poor manager and that it is my opinion. He has not had any county success anywhere and nearly ruined Louth football when he was here. I even posted views from other Louth supporters but you ignored that because you were too interested in backing up YOUR man.
    PS
    Why shouldn't I back up a great footballer like Seanie Johnson who many Cavan supporters have told me got a raw deal, despite you saying that everyone was on Andrew's side. Very untruthful and attempting to mislead indeed. You could have done with him today it seems. But sure you probably didn't even go and just stayed on here backing up your chancer.

    As I said, I'm not upset, I'm annoyed. Several people on this thread have told you why they aren't unhappy about Seanie being dropped yet you continue throwing out the same question but changing the wording e.g. "how are Cavan people happy with their best player being dropped", "how are Cavan fans accepting their best player in years not playing?", "how are Cavan fans accepting an outside manager ahead of one of their own". The same question you've asked about ten different times now in different guises has been answered repeatedly. That you keep asking it and can't move on leads me to believe that you are extremely stupid or you have an agenda. That's where I've drawn my assertion from. I don't have any problem with someone having a different opinion to mine but why keep posting the same question in different guises when it has been repeatedly answered.

    As for my arrogance, I've answered every query you've thrown at me. As per the above, you haven't answered a number of mine. You say you're a GAA supporter yet you expect a county manager to put up with a player who's club, a club he has played for for twenty years now, couldn't control last year. Now how does that work out?

    Andrews has only managed Louth and Cavan. I can't speak about Louth because I know nothing about Louth football but, as with Cavan, I don't think there was much pedigree there to work with when he arrived. Cavan were knocked out in 2003, after all, by a Cavan team managed by Mattie Kerrigan who were one of the worst Cavan teams I'd ever seen. They were disorganised and all over the place. From looking at the 2004 Championship, Louth beat Antrim in the qualifiers and then lost to Galway, a team they never had a chance of beating, no matter who the manager was. In 2005, they beat Waterford and Roscommon before losing by 3 points to Monaghan, again a team they wouldn't be expecting to beat. So, to say he ruined Louth football appears to be incorrect. Perhaps you could post a few paragraphs on how he ruined it exactly. I've spoken at lengths as to why I think he is working well in cavan so perhaps you could explain in detail the problems in Louth. It might enable us to understand your point and making personal comments about him being a "dictator" a bit more.

    Post up the views from Louth again then and I have no problem responding to them.

    We are both addressing this board. I don't see too many on here saying that Johnston got a raw deal so forgive me if I don't believe a point you're making which conveniently backs up your view but that you have absolutely no proof of. I could post up the stories I've been told both about Johnston in terms of both the Gaels and county camps but I have chosen not to. Why? Because I don't know which are true and which are not and I've absolutely nothing to back them up as more than hearsay. I'm a Cavan supporter living in Cavan and, as I said, the texts going round the county are about Johnston, not about Andrews. If this Board is indicative of the general Cavan supporter, which I think it is, Johnston isn't receiving much support. Would you not agree?

    And how exactly could we have done with Johnston today? Again, another stupid point. The Cavan fowards scored 1-13 yesterday. The problem was in the backline where 4-9 was conceded and James Reilly made a bad mistake for one of the goals.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC


    I mentioned earlier in the thread about players getting 'poached' by Kildare and was shot down. Supple is the player I was referring to. So to DARK KNIGHT before you come on abusing others try get your facts right.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants


    AGC wrote: »
    I mentioned earlier in the thread about players getting 'poached' by Kildare and was shot down. Supple is the player I was referring to. So to DARK KNIGHT before you come on abusing others try get your facts right.

    And you know this to be 100% factual? May I ask how?


  • Registered Users Posts: 51,312 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover


    Lemlin wrote: »
    As I said, I'm not upset, I'm annoyed. Several people on this thread have told you why they aren't unhappy about Seanie being dropped yet you continue throwing out the same question but changing the wording e.g. "how are Cavan people happy with their best player being dropped", "how are Cavan fans accepting their best player in years not playing?", "how are Cavan fans accepting an outside manager ahead of one of their own". The same question you've asked about ten different times now in different guises has been answered repeatedly. That you keep asking it and can't move on leads me to believe that you are extremely stupid or you have an agenda. That's where I've drawn my assertion from. I don't have any problem with someone having a different opinion to mine but why keep posting the same question in different guises when it has been repeatedly answered.

    As for my arrogance, I've answered every query you've thrown at me. As per the above, you haven't answered a number of mine. You say you're a GAA supporter yet you expect a county manager to put up with a player who's club, a club he has played for for twenty years now, couldn't control last year. Now how does that work out?

    Andrews has only managed Louth and Cavan. I can't speak about Louth because I know nothing about Louth football but, as with Cavan, I don't think there was much pedigree there to work with when he arrived. Cavan were knocked out in 2003, after all, by a Cavan team managed by Mattie Kerrigan who were one of the worst Cavan teams I'd ever seen. They were disorganised and all over the place. From looking at the 2004 Championship, Louth beat Antrim in the qualifiers and then lost to Galway, a team they never had a chance of beating, no matter who the manager was. In 2005, they beat Waterford and Roscommon before losing by 3 points to Monaghan, again a team they wouldn't be expecting to beat. So, to say he ruined Louth football appears to be incorrect. Perhaps you could post a few paragraphs on how he ruined it exactly. I've spoken at lengths as to why I think he is working well in cavan so perhaps you could explain in detail the problems in Louth. It might enable us to understand your point and making personal comments about him being a "dictator" a bit more.

    Post up the views from Louth again then and I have no problem responding to them.

    We are both addressing this board. I don't see too many on here saying that Johnston got a raw deal so forgive me if I don't believe a point you're making which conveniently backs up your view but that you have absolutely no proof of. I could post up the stories I've been told both about Johnston in terms of both the Gaels and county camps but I have chosen not to. Why? Because I don't know which are true and which are not and I've absolutely nothing to back them up as more than hearsay. I'm a Cavan supporter living in Cavan and, as I said, the texts going round the county are about Johnston, not about Andrews. If this Board is indicative of the general Cavan supporter, which I think it is, Johnston isn't receiving much support. Would you not agree?

    And how exactly could we have done with Johnston today? Again, another stupid point. The Cavan fowards scored 1-13 yesterday. The problem was in the backline where 4-9 was conceded and James Reilly made a bad mistake for one of the goals.

    You were the one who said that your whole county was behind Andrews and mentioned the Hogan Stand discussion boards. When I checked this out I find that your account is not true as there are plenty of Cavan posters who are very unhappy with Andrews and the way he treated Johnson. So you were telling porkies. Some of them are also saying that he was dropped because he questioned the way Andrews is running things. Maybe you should visit it again and concentrate this time. Those posters would have the same opinions as many Louth supporters had when he was in charge here.
    I personally don't give a damn about football in Cavan but I will comment when I see drivel posted and it totally one-sided in favour of an unproven manager. At least you agreed that Sean Johnston is a great footballer. Cavan scored 1--13 yesterday and conceded 4--9. The supporters don't seem as happy as you about it with loads of chances created but a lot missed.
    http://www.hoganstand.com/Cavan/MessagePage.aspx?TopicID=72154&Latest=1#Latest

    All not happy in Cavan it seems.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC


    largepants wrote: »
    And you know this to be 100% factual? May I ask how?

    As i said to DARK KNIGHT i won't say how on a public forum but I was proved right. What appeared in the papers at the weekend is old news which happened months ago. And at that time Supple made it clear it would not be happening.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88


    After losing the Superbowl last night rumor has it Tom Brady is going to join Kildar. Also Tevez has been spotted in Newbridge


  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants


    AGC wrote: »
    largepants wrote: »
    And you know this to be 100% factual? May I ask how?

    As i said to DARK KNIGHT i won't say how on a public forum but I was proved right. What appeared in the papers at the weekend is old news which happened months ago. And at that time Supple made it clear it would not be happening.

    Proved right? By something that appeared in a newspaper? Fair enough so.


  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants


    lala88 wrote: »
    After losing the Superbowl last night rumor has it Tom Brady is going to join Kildar. Also Tevez has been spotted in Newbridge

    Robbed from Hs.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC


    largepants wrote: »
    Proved right? By something that appeared in a newspaper? Fair enough so.

    It has been doing the rounds for months and isn't a new story.

    Why do some people have such issues with the truth??


  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭largepants


    AGC wrote: »
    largepants wrote: »
    Proved right? By something that appeared in a newspaper? Fair enough so.

    It has been doing the rounds for months and isn't a new story.

    Why do some people have such issues with the truth??

    Because I dont know if it is the truth. Just because its old news doesnt mean its true either.

    Look Im not saying its not true. But I'll not believe everything I read on a website either.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC


    No matter how people know it's true is irrelevant, he has done interviews saying how he was approached.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin


    You were the one who said that your whole county was behind Andrews and mentioned the Hogan Stand discussion boards. When I checked this out I find that your account is not true as there are plenty of Cavan posters who are very unhappy with Andrews and the way he treated Johnson. So you were telling porkies. Some of them are also saying that he was dropped because he questioned the way Andrews is running things. Maybe you should visit it again and concentrate this time. Those posters would have the same opinions as many Louth supporters had when he was in charge here.
    I personally don't give a damn about football in Cavan but I will comment when I see drivel posted and it totally one-sided in favour of an unproven manager. At least you agreed that Sean Johnston is a great footballer. Cavan scored 1--13 yesterday and conceded 4--9. The supporters don't seem as happy as you about it with loads of chances created but a lot missed.
    http://www.hoganstand.com/Cavan/MessagePage.aspx?TopicID=72154&Latest=1#Latest

    All not happy in Cavan it seems.

    There's no doubting Seanie is a great footballer. Just like there's no doubting you're a gob****e with nothing more than a hidden agenda. I've asked a number of queries of you and they are all conveniently ignored in each response.

    Until such time as you answer my queries, I'll be sticking to one time honoured mantra - Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

    Louth were ****e when Val arrived and they were still ****e when he left. Cavan were ****e when he arrived and they may still be ****e when he leaves but at least it appears that the new players won't be coming into a panel that is ridiculously poor in terms of commitment and morale.


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement