Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seanie Johnston Kildare Transfer?

Options
1101113151638

Comments

  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer


    largepants wrote: »
    Because I dont know if it is the truth. Just because its old news doesnt mean its true either.

    Look Im not saying its not true. But I'll not believe everything I read on a website either.
    What makes you think it may not be true? Why would Shane Supple lie about being approached by Kildare? Also, if he was lying, surely the Kildare management would come out and deny they ever approached him. As of yet, I haven't heard a word from Kildare denying there was an approach which leads me to believe they did approach Supple.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks


    lala88 wrote: »
    After losing the Superbowl last night rumor has it Tom Brady is going to join Kildar. Also Tevez has been spotted in Newbridge
    Good one :rolleyes:

    BTW learn how to spell.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight


    Lemlin wrote: »
    There's no doubting Seanie is a great footballer. Just like there's no doubting you're a gob****e with nothing more than a hidden agenda. I've asked a number of queries of you and they are all conveniently ignored in each response.

    Until such time as you answer my queries, I'll be sticking to one time honoured mantra - Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

    Louth were ****e when Val arrived and they were still ****e when he left. Cavan were ****e when he arrived and they may still be ****e when he leaves but at least it appears that the new players won't be coming into a panel that is ridiculously poor in terms of commitment and morale.

    I think a break is in order, please remember attack the post and not the poster


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight


    BTW learn how to spell.

    BTW cut out this type of crap


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone


    dcr22B wrote: »
    Supple rejected Kildare

    http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/supple-rejected-kildare-182574.html

    Unbelievable, piss off and get your own players instead of trying to poach from other counties. Someone in HQ needs to do something about this, it's making an absolute mockery of the intercounty system!

    Surely the current incumbents on the Kildare panel must be feeling uneasy reading all this stuff.
    dcr22B wrote: »
    John Fogarty does not have bullsh1t stories published.

    Kildare GAA won't comment on it as it's getting embarassing at this stage.

    Check the birth counties of the Dublin Hurling panel and see if it changes you opinion on the matter ;)


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC


    Check the birth counties of the Dublin Hurling panel and see if it changes you opinion on the matter ;)

    Absolutely no relevance to this argument. The few lads that are not born in Dublin but play for Dublin would have been approached after making the move. Not contacted in the hope of them making the switch

    Just looking at last years Leinster final, was it just 1 player Dublin had that was from outside Dublin starting?

    I don’t have a major issue with players playing for other counties if work, family etc make them live in that county and they choose to swap. My problem is the likes of Johnstone wanting to switch even though having no connection and the likes of Kildare looking at getting players to switch with no connection what so ever to Kildare.

    I am sure other counties do the same.


  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover


    Lemlin wrote: »
    There's no doubting Seanie is a great footballer. Just like there's no doubting you're a gob****e with nothing more than a hidden agenda. I've asked a number of queries of you and they are all conveniently ignored in each response.

    Until such time as you answer my queries, I'll be sticking to one time honoured mantra - Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

    Louth were ****e when Val arrived and they were still ****e when he left. Cavan were ****e when he arrived and they may still be ****e when he leaves but at least it appears that the new players won't be coming into a panel that is ridiculously poor in terms of commitment and morale.

    So resorting to personal insults is the way to win an argument ? Sad post and says more about you and your debating ability than I could ever say.
    Post reported.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone


    AGC wrote: »
    Absolutely no relevance to this argument. The few lads that are not born in Dublin but play for Dublin would have been approached after making the move. Not contacted in the hope of them making the switch

    Just looking at last years Leinster final, was it just 1 player Dublin had that was from outside Dublin starting?

    I don’t have a major issue with players playing for other counties if work, family etc make them live in that county and they choose to swap. My problem is the likes of Johnstone wanting to switch even though having no connection and the likes of Kildare looking at getting players to switch with no connection what so ever to Kildare.

    I am sure other counties do the same.

    Off course its relevant we are talking about players playing for a county other than that of their birth county, I am pointing out that a Dublin poster was slating Kildare despite the fact that the Dublin senior hurling panel contains a number of outside players, one of which I know for a fact was approached before moving to Dublin and the dublin county board chairman (Kettle) assured him he would get him a job, which he duly did.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC


    Off course its relevant we are talking about players playing for a county other than that of their birth county, I am pointing out that a Dublin poster was slating Kildare despite the fact that the Dublin senior hurling panel contains a number of outside players, one of which I know for a fact was approached before moving to Dublin and the dublin county board chairman (Kettle) assured him he would get him a job, which he duly did.

    My point is if they are not being approached and are doing it of their own choice due to work, family etc I don't have a massive problem. if like Johnstone or Supple they are being approached I have a major problem with that.

    On your second point of the Dublin player, it is wrong and should be stopped. Ryan O'Dwyer?


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer


    one of which I know for a fact was approached before moving to Dublin and the dublin county board chairman (Kettle) assured him he would get him a job, which he duly did.
    Which player is that? And does that player permanently live in Dublin now? Do the rest of the Dublin hurlers live in Dublin at the moment? Because Johnston certainly lives nowhere near Kildare.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight


    So resorting to personal insults is the way to win an argument ? Sad post and says more about you and your debating ability than I could ever say.
    Post reported.

    Remember attack the post and not the poster, you are borderline here. Also why the need to say you reported his post? That is tantamount to back seat modding. No more taunting or back seat modding please


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks


    Johnston trained with St.Kevins yesterday morning, seems like only a matter of time before he is training with Kildare.


  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭largepants


    AGC wrote: »
    My point is if they are not being approached and are doing it of their own choice due to work, family etc I don't have a massive problem. if like Johnstone or Supple they are being approached I have a major problem with that.

    On your second point of the Dublin player, it is wrong and should be stopped. Ryan O'Dwyer?

    But it wasn't stopped. And there wasn't a thread on boards as long as this about it either. The media didn't seem too interested in it at the time either.

    Again I'd like to point out that I'm not of favour of this transfer. But seriously as a Dub you can't come one here pontificating about intercounty transfers when your own county has benefitted from same.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC


    largepants wrote: »
    But it wasn't stopped. And there wasn't a thread on boards as long as this about it either. The media didn't seem too interested in it at the time either.

    Again I'd like to point out that I'm not of favour of this transfer. But seriously as a Dub you can't come one here pontificating about intercounty transfers when your own county has benefitted from same.

    I have clearly said I disagree with them in the extent of 'poaching'. Lads moving for genuine reasons family, work etc... although not ideal should be allowed with all parties agreeing.

    I am having a moan at Kildare(And any county) looking for players who have no links to the county just to boost there squad. If it is to start being as blatant as this it will lead to an almost open market policy.


  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭largepants


    Seanie Johnston is quoted in todays paper as saying he approached Kildare looking to play. He also stated he is living in Straffan.


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer


    largepants wrote: »
    Seanie Johnston is quoted in todays paper as saying he approached Kildare looking to play. He also stated he is living in Straffan.
    I seriously doubt he's living in Straffan seeing as he still works almost two hours away in Cavan. I'd also have my doubts that McGeeney or anyone in the Kildare setup had nothing to do with bringing him on board.


  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭largepants


    I seriously doubt he's living in Straffan seeing as he still works almost two hours away in Cavan. I'd also have my doubts that McGeeney or anyone in the Kildare setup had nothing to do with bringing him on board.

    So its ok to accept quotes from Supple but not from Johnston. :rolleyes:


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭rpurfield


    seanie invited anyone that wants around to his in straffan for a cuppa.anyone take him up on his invite


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer


    largepants wrote: »
    So its ok to accept quotes from Supple but not from Johnston. :rolleyes:
    Supple has nothing to gain from saying that Kildare approached him which is why I do believe what he said.
    Johnston has everything to lose if he says he's not living in Kildare as it will prevent him from getting an intercounty transfer. Also saying McGeeney approached him won't exactly make McGeeney look good and may hamper his prospects of getting on the team if the transfer goes through.
    So it's not just a case of accepting one player's quotes over another with no reasoning behind it, no matter how many rolly eye smileys you make.
    Could you propose an explanation as to why Johnston would move from Cavan Town where he works to Straffan out of the blue?


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone


    AGC wrote: »
    My point is if they are not being approached and are doing it of their own choice due to work, family etc I don't have a massive problem. if like Johnstone or Supple they are being approached I have a major problem with that.

    On your second point of the Dublin player, it is wrong and should be stopped. Ryan O'Dwyer?
    Which player is that? And does that player permanently live in Dublin now? Do the rest of the Dublin hurlers live in Dublin at the moment? Because Johnston certainly lives nowhere near Kildare.

    I really dont know what the legality of namig a player here is on a public forum, but I'm sure people can add two and two and get 4.

    Hammer are you certain that Seanie doesnt reside in Kildare, the man himself says otherwise.

    BTW just for the record and this is not directed at anyone in particular just wanted to make it clear that I dont agree with the Johnson transfer or any intercounty transfer for that matter, but I do think it is a bit rich of the Cavan county board to block hes move when the man they appointed as manager has more or less told him he's no longer wanted. The line that they are spinning that they have concerns over hes actual residence, that is not their concern it is Kildares.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer


    Hammer are you certain that Seanie doesnt reside in Kildare, the man himself says otherwise.
    Of course he would say that, if he said otherwise he would have no chance of a transfer. And no, I'm not certain that he doesn't reside in Kildare but the evidence available really makes me believe he isn't.

    The reason I am sceptical of his residence in Kildare is simply because he still works in Cavan and until recently, he still wanted to play with Cavan Gaels yet tog out for Kildare. Now he works as a teacher so why on Earth would he travel hours spending huge amounts of money to travel the 2 hours each way for work and training in Cavan? It would make no sense for someone to do this which is why I feel he still lives in Cavan.
    but I do think it is a bit rich of the Cavan county board to block hes move when the man they appointed as manager has more or less told him he's no longer wanted. The line that they are spinning that they have concerns over hes actual residence, that is not their concern it is Kildares.
    Why should they approve an intercounty transfer if they feel it's against the rules of the GAA? To me, it's the right decision as they've left it to the CCCC to decide.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭cavan4sam


    i think that maybe it might be a better move to transfer mr andrews to his native county rather than our prized posession to kildare , a lot of discontent in the camp mr andrews is a fairly stubborn individual with a lot of favourites on his panel , results WILL show this . if the transfer goes through i'll be the very first to wish the best of luck to seanie but its regretable it has come to this


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭cavan4sam


    lala88 wrote: »
    After losing the Superbowl last night rumor has it Tom Brady is going to join Kildar. Also Tevez has been spotted in Newbridge

    untrue re. brady he is joining belturbet rory o moores the club of his grandfather


  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover


    cavan4sam wrote: »
    i think that maybe it might be a better move to transfer mr andrews to his native county rather than our prized posession to kildare , a lot of discontent in the camp mr andrews is a fairly stubborn individual with a lot of favourites on his panel , results WILL show this . if the transfer goes through i'll be the very first to wish the best of luck to seanie but its regretable it has come to this

    He was the same in Louth.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88


    largepants wrote: »
    Seanie Johnston is quoted in todays paper as saying he approached Kildare looking to play. He also stated he is living in Straffan.

    I doubt that very much. He hardly just woke up and desided he wanted to play with Kildare


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus


    lala88 wrote: »
    I doubt that very much. He hardly just woke up and desided he wanted to play with Kildare

    A local county has an All-Ireland contending team missing a natural forward or two and you just happen to be one of the best forwards not on a county panel? It's not that hard to imagine.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Gophur


    ............. I do think it is a bit rich of the Cavan county board to block hes move when the man they appointed as manager has more or less told him he's no longer wanted. The line that they are spinning that they have concerns over hes actual residence, that is not their concern it is Kildares.

    Why is it a bit rich? Cavan are genuinely concerned they are being asked to rubber-stamp a , possible, fraudulent transfer application? Seanie is working in Cavan and is not commuting from Straffan on a daily basis. The Cavan officials know this yet are being asked to sign an application they know is wrong.

    Cavan are correct in refusing to sign the transfer application.

    The only way Seanie can afford to move from Cavan to Straffan, and continue to work in Cavan, is if someone else is paying for the expense. For him to suggest he's doing this out of his own initiative and paying for it out of his own pocket, is taking the pi55.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC


    largepants wrote: »
    So its ok to accept quotes from Supple but not from Johnston. :rolleyes:

    I have explained to you even by PM why the Supple story is true.

    The reason people don't believe Johnston is that he would have a 2 hour commute to work and his neighbour was on this thread earlier saying where he does live!!(Yes as reliable as quotes but as good info as any). Also Johnston wants to move, Supple doesn't.

    Would you commute from Straffan to a school in Cavan 5 days a week?


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks


    cavan4sam wrote: »
    i think that maybe it might be a better move to transfer mr andrews to his native county rather than our prized posession to kildare , a lot of discontent in the camp mr andrews is a fairly stubborn individual with a lot of favourites on his panel , results WILL show this . if the transfer goes through i'll be the very first to wish the best of luck to seanie but its regretable it has come to this
    Has Michael Lyng returned to the Cavan panel? I hear Andrews has taken a dislike to him as well, Lyng and Johnston are probably the best two footballers in Cavan. It's a sad indictment on Val Andrews.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer


    AGC wrote: »
    The reason people don't believe Johnston is that he would have a 2 hour commute to work and his neighbour was on this thread earlier saying where he does live!!

    Would you commute from Straffan to a school in Cavan 5 days a week?
    Gophur wrote: »
    Seanie is working in Cavan and is not commuting from Straffan on a daily basis. The Cavan officials know this yet are being asked to sign an application they know is wrong.

    Cavan are correct in refusing to sign the transfer application.

    The only way Seanie can afford to move from Cavan to Straffan, and continue to work in Cavan, is if someone else is paying for the expense. For him to suggest he's doing this out of his own initiative and paying for it out of his own pocket, is taking the pi55.

    The above has been pointed out countless times yet no one seems to have any comeback whatsoever to it.
    So can someone explain why a (presumably not too highly paid) teacher would move from the doorstep of the school in which they teach to a place 2 hours and 3 tolls away?


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement