Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Felim_Doyle

http://www.tescomobile.ie/top-up.aspx

"Your bonus credit lasts for 30 days and can only be used on standard Irish mobile and landline calls, standard texts and picture messaging and data usage."

I suppose as a generalisation you could say that, if the full telephone number does not begin with a zero, then the call or text won't come out of your bonus credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

GIMP wrote: »
    Maybe try posting here, on the Tesco forum, these outages need to be reported. I'm experiencing dropped calls a lot recently.

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1542

that link opens up an unusual blue wallpaper background for a boards thread, is that listed under the Talk To>Tesco section:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

danjo-xx wrote: »
    that link opens up an unusual blue wallpaper background for a boards thread, is that listed under the Talk To>Tesco section:confused:

It's just the mobile version of the site (m.boards.ie). GIMP was probably posting from a mobile device...
    Non-mobile version: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1542

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mellows

Why has the Nokia Lumia been taken down from the tesco moblie web site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Hi Lil5

Settings for Android are as below

1. Go to Settings-> Wireless&Networks->Mobile Networks and turn on Data Roaming

2. Go to Settings-> Wireless&Networks->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names and delete all existing APN’s.

3. Create a new Internet APN with settings

Name: TMI Internet APN
    APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN Type: default, supl

(sometimes for APN Type setting you are only allowed choose from a list. If so choose Internet or default)

4. Create a new MMS APN with settings

Name: TMI MMS APN
    APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS Port: 8080
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN Type: mms

5. Reboot your phone

regards
    Paul

Hello

using the above MMS settings for my HTC Wildfire, I still cannot recieve or send MMS to phone numbers other that tesco mobile.
    Can you help.
    My internet is working fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Felim_Doyle

Why has it gone so quiet in this thread over the past week? In particular, where have all the Tesco Mobile staff gone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Why has it gone so quiet in this thread over the past week? In particular, where have all the Tesco Mobile staff gone?

The Talk to Tesco Mobile Forum under the Biz section of boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭supraspinaswim

Hi ,

Im going to the US and have a Samsung GTS130 , will I be able to use it
    over there with the Belgacom IMSI network selection for international calls ,texts etc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi ,

Im going to the US and have a Samsung GTS130 , will I be able to use it
    over there with the Belgacom IMSI network selection for international calls ,texts etc ?

Hi there

I cant find a reference to what model the GTS130 is? If it is tri band/quad band then yes it will work in the US. Cingular/AT+T are our preferred partner.

regards
    Paul

Sorry its a samsung GT-S3350 .

• Advertisement

Sorry its a samsung GT-S3350 .

Yes, that is a quad band phone.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jvrk

Hi Just joined Tesco mobile but when i try to go on the internet it wont work unless I switch on roaming is this normal?

Not entirely sure , the tesco rep dude's the wiz to ask ! Probably not as an answer - sorry :o

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

jvrk wrote: »
    Hi Just joined Tesco mobile but when i try to go on the internet it wont work unless I switch on roaming is this normal?

YES - In practice TescoMobile is 'roaming' on O2.

jvrk wrote: »

Yes Data Roaming has to be on. Some of the newer Android phones can recognise National Roaming vs International Roaming and have a setting to just choose National Romaing. But if not then Full Data Roaming has to be on.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭anitaca

Do all the phones on the Tesco Mobile website work with 3G sims?

Does roaming work on 2G networks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eoinpeter

Hi Paul.

I have an iphone 3gs & im unable to send mms to anyone?

Can you help.

eoinpeter wrote: »
    Hi Paul.

I have an iphone 3gs & im unable to send mms to anyone?

Can you help.

Hi there

Drop our customer care team a Private Message at the link below ith your details and they will take a look for you.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=newpm&u=554494

regards
    Paul

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Thanks for the PMs earlier Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭gary29428

I keep getting the following message when trying to top up through the Tesco website. The error reads, "an unexpected error has occured, please contact your system administrator". I have tried across my work network and got the same error. Anybody else having this issue....thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 malc77

I understand I can use a Tesco SIM in a USB dongle to get say 350MB data (over 7 days) for €2.99 I need to use payg and not be tied to a contract . I would like to do this so I can use my laptop in my house which has no landline.
    I already use Tesco mobile payg in my mobile phone and think the best way to get broadband on my laptop is to buy a second Tesco SIM for the dongle. However, it seems I need to Text "Data" to 174210 to initiate the data bundle for the dongle. Do I need to remove the SIM from the dongle and fit it in a phone everytime I want to do this as I cannot see a way to Text from the laptop/dongle itself (I don't want automatic bundle purchase as I'm often out of Ireland for several weeks)???
    Can anyone advise if what I'm trying to do looks reasonable- and as the mobile phone coverage is OK with the phone should it be OK with the dongle?
    Thanks,
    Malcolm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

malc77 wrote: »
    I understand I can use a Tesco SIM in a USB dongle to get say 350MB data (over 7 days) for €2.99 I need to use payg and not be tied to a contract . I would like to do this so I can use my laptop in my house which has no landline.
    I already use Tesco mobile payg in my mobile phone and think the best way to get broadband on my laptop is to buy a second Tesco SIM for the dongle. However, it seems I need to Text "Data" to 174210 to initiate the data bundle for the dongle. Do I need to remove the SIM from the dongle and fit it in a phone everytime I want to do this as I cannot see a way to Text from the laptop/dongle itself (I don't want automatic bundle purchase as I'm often out of Ireland for several weeks)???
    Can anyone advise if what I'm trying to do looks reasonable- and as the mobile phone coverage is OK with the phone should it be OK with the dongle?
    Thanks,
    Malcolm

can you not tether the laptop to the phone?

Re: can you not tether the laptop to the phone?

It is a simple phone and does not allow tethering - I did wonder about buying a Smart phone just to get that feature, but it seems a pricey option.

Thanks,
    Malcolm

Hi Malcolm

Most of the dongle softwares have an SMS software client also so you should be able to do the purchase from the dongle software without moving the SIM to a phone.

Check the manual of your dongle software.

regards
    Paul

Paul, Many thanks. I haven't bought the dongle yet - could you suggest any which may have the SMS software?

Paul, Many thanks. I haven't bought the dongle yet - could you suggest any which may have the SMS software?

Hi Malcolm

Sorry, I am not sure on specific models but if you do a google before you purchase on the model number you should be able to find the features.

All the Huawei stick modems I have used had SMS clients.

regards
    Paul

Thanks. I have just checked the O2 mobile broadband coverage for Cornamona in County Galway (where I live) and, as far as I can see, there does not seem to be coverage. Is there any chance a 3G dongle would work there? Do you know if there are any plans to extend coverage there?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mammamia17

Hi Paul,

My daughter & I have just moved from Meteor to Tesco Mobile (I've got the LG Optimus & she has the Samsung Y Pro) We're both on the 18 month €25 contract and they have been activated. Before the numbers were ported yesterday we had internet access on the phones but since the transfer we can't get on.....do we need to do something with the phones or should I ring customer care??
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Tesco is 089 isn't it? How do people find coverage?

• Advertisement

Thanks. I have just checked the O2 mobile broadband coverage for Cornamona in County Galway (where I live) and, as far as I can see, there does not seem to be coverage. Is there any chance a 3G dongle would work there? Do you know if there are any plans to extend coverage there?

Hi Malcolm

We operate on O2's radio network so we have identical coverage to them.

If you cant get O2 coverage then you wont have Tesco Mobile coverage. The maps sometimes can be a little in variance with on the ground reality so its always best to test coverage yourself with a SIM (in dongle ideally). You can get a free SIM here.

http://shop.tescomobile.ie/free-international-sims.aspx

regards
    Paul

Advertisement