Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

Hi Guys

Hope to have good news tomorrow regarding fix for data bottleneck.

Regards
    Paul

Any news?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Change wasnt made today. Waiting on an update from my team on the scheduling of the change. regards Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭emo72

Change wasnt made today. Waiting on an update from my team on the scheduling of the change. regards Paul

Want to get this sorted Paul. Its like dial up circa 1991. How the hell did it get so slow anyway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Hi Paul,
    Since moving to Tesco I and my other half cannot be contacted by friends on 3. Calls and texts fail. Calls say my number is not in service when tried from a 3 phone.
    Was with 02 before porting at the end of Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

Hi Paul

Theres still no sign of ICS for my galaxy s2 , any idea when it will be available for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

nephster wrote: »
    Hi Paul,
    Since moving to Tesco I and my other half cannot be contacted by friends on 3. Calls and texts fail. Calls say my number is not in service when tried from a 3 phone.

Hi Paul,

I had this trouble too. I ported over from Three. I just contacted Tesco Customer Care and they got it sorted. Very quickly too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Any reason why 3g is much slower than edge on tesco? Also I cant download anything from the play store on android when im on data connection? Anyone experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Hi Paul,

i know your getting this from all sides, but my 3G has become terrible the last week or two. Was grand, now not so good, unusable infact. In Wexford area. :confused:

Just letting you know how widespread the problem is. Hope its fixed.

snowey07 wrote: »
    Hi Paul

Theres still no sign of ICS for my galaxy s2 , any idea when it will be available for everyone

The version for all our phones is a few days away.

regards
    Paul

Zhane wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

i know your getting this from all sides, but my 3G has become terrible the last week or two. Was grand, now not so good, unusable infact. In Wexford area. :confused:

Just letting you know how widespread the problem is. Hope its fixed.

Thanks yes I am aware.

The full fix is very close was supposed to be yesterday but an extra task has delayed it a couple of days. Hoping to get it out tomorrow am but Friday changes are hard to get approved. Will update later today.

• Advertisement

nephster wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

Hi Nephster

Contact Tesco Mobile customer care on 0894200000. This is actually a 3 routing issue but can be solved quickly.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

Hi Paul,

Is it possible for me to have no access to data until Friday?

I have been trying to set data up on my new ROM since yesterday (Samsung Galaxy S infinitum ICS ROM) with no luck. I think my settings are right - manually entered. (I went to the Tesco website but it refuses to send me a configuration message despite numerous attempts)

However, after checking my Tesco Mobile account I have been charged for data, so it seems something is working - But I cant access twitter, browsing when I switch on data..

DRose1 wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

Is it possible for me to have no access to data until Friday?

I have been trying to set data up on my new ROM since yesterday (Samsung Galaxy S infinitum ICS ROM) with no luck. I think my settings are right - manually entered. (I went to the Tesco website but it refuses to send me a configuration message despite numerous attempts)

However, after checking my Tesco Mobile account I have been charged for data, so it seems something is working - But I cant access twitter, browsing when I switch on data..

Hi there

Is data roaming on? Its required.

regards
    Paul

Hi there

Is data roaming on? Its required.

regards
    Paul
    Yes, data roaming is turned on.

In the below period, I have never been able to access a web page, twitter etc...

GPRS Basic Service May 2, 2012 7:37:39 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 465,921 Bytes EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service May 2, 2012 7:42:08 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 12,634 Bytes EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service May 2, 2012 10:56:34 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 173,205 Bytes EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service May 2, 2012 10:58:43 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 12,997 Bytes EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service May 3, 2012 12:33:12 AM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 22,810 Bytes EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service May 3, 2012 12:33:21 AM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 73,729 Bytes EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service May 3, 2012 12:38:08 AM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 215,128 Bytes EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service May 3, 2012 12:38:08 AM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 48,673 Bytes EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service May 3, 2012 12:42:55 AM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 7,966 Bytes EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service May 3, 2012 12:43:02 AM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 2,403 Bytes EUR0.02 --

Can u access web pages? If you can then it's a phone issue
    Regards
    Paul

No, I cant access web pages, nothing...

When I see my brother later, I will try his 02 sim card in my phone and see if data works... if is does, then it has to be something to do with Tesco... if not, it's obviously something wrong with my phone.

Just looking at your records above they are from last night.

Are you sure you have settings correct?

Just looking at your records above they are from last night.

Are you sure you have settings correct?
    Name: Tesco Mobile Internet
    APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    Port: 8080

Username and Password not set.

Someone suggested leaving proxy and port blank in another thread and I tried that as well... still no luck...

No, I cant access web pages, nothing...

When I see my brother later, I will try his 02 sim card in my phone and see if data works... if is does, then it has to be something to do with Tesco... if not, it's obviously something wrong with my phone.

Just saw the brother. Put his 02 sim card into my phone and data is working perfectly... can access webpages, twitter etc.

So there is a problem with Tesco Mobile...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭GIMP

Anybody experiencing dropped calls recently, my partner and I have had numerous lately, full signal, I had two today in a row to two different numbers, one being a landline.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

I see tesco mobile has added some new fones to there website which is good but why is the HTC you have added 60euro more on pay as you go than it is on o2

Name: Tesco Mobile Internet
    Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    Port: 8080

Username and Password not set.

Someone suggested leaving proxy and port blank in another thread and I tried that as well... still no luck...

Turns out the above settings were the problem. I contacted Tesco Mobile support and they sent me an email with the following:

Internet Settings:

Name: TMI Internet APN
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN Type : default, supl

MMS Settings

Name: TMI MMS APN
    MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS Port: 8080
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN type: MMS

It is working again, but data speeds are very slow.

I was going to sign up to a pay monthly plan today as the prices are ridiculously good compared to the competition (most notably 02 and Vodafone), but I will wait until the data speed issue is hopefully resolved...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Hi Paul.My sister joined as a PAYG customer who would have €10 debited every month and she would get €30 for €10. She topped up yesterday as her next debited payment is not till the 15th but she didn'nt get any free credit. Should she have? Or on this do you only get on debited payment?

jluv wrote: »
    Hi Paul.My sister joined as a PAYG customer who would have €10 debited every month and she would get €30 for €10. She topped up yesterday as her next debited payment is not till the 15th but she didn'nt get any free credit. Should she have? Or on this do you only get on debited payment?

Hi there

This is not a PAYG plan its a Capped Pay Monthly plan. She doesnt have to topup. the payment is taken monthly from her signed up payment arrangement. Any extra topup is above and beyond the 30eur tariff credit she gets for her 10eur. Extra topup does not get bonus credit on this tariff.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

manutd83 wrote: »
    I see tesco mobile has added some new fones to there website which is good but why is the HTC you have added 60euro more on pay as you go than it is on o2

Interesting question - the HTC Explorer is 129 on O2 and 149.99 on Vodafone.
    Makes 189.99 certainly look expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SSCorn

How the 2 cent charge per 2MB with pay-as-you-go outside a data bundle calculated? Recently I used about 0.3MB over a ten minute period but I was charged the 2 cent six times:

GPRS Basic Service Apr 28, 2012 3:30:35 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 5,324 EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 28, 2012 3:30:54 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 357 EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 28, 2012 3:32:02 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 31,464 EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 28, 2012 3:33:03 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 357 EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 28, 2012 3:34:40 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 4,540 EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 28, 2012 3:39:58 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 1,288 EUR0.02 --

SSCorn wrote: »
    How the 2 cent charge per 2MB with pay-as-you-go outside a data bundle calculated? Recently I used about 0.3MB over a ten minute period but I was charged the 2 cent six times:

GPRS Basic Service Apr 28, 2012 3:30:35 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 5,324 EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 28, 2012 3:30:54 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 357 EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 28, 2012 3:32:02 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 31,464 EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 28, 2012 3:33:03 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 357 EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 28, 2012 3:34:40 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 4,540 EUR0.02 --
    GPRS Basic Service Apr 28, 2012 3:39:58 PM tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com National calls to mobile network 1,288 EUR0.02 --

Hi there

Its 2c per MB or part thereof per session. You should set your phone up to hold the session and then you will not get mutliple small sessions like this. You choose "When Available" and not "When Needed" on Nokia style phones. Android and iPhone should hold the session automatically.

What phone do you have and I may be able to help with the setting.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SSCorn

Thanks, Paul. I have a Samsung Europa (I5500) running Gingerbread 2.3.7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 n3lly

First 'decent' result from city center today.

speed2.png

However was just out in Dun Laoghaire and couldn't connect..

Advertisement