Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

nephster wrote: »
    Paul,
    Any update on sorting out the mobile Internet issues? I think it's reaching crunch time for many of us.
    Would we be better off moving discussion of same to the Talk To.. forum?
    Thanks in advance!

I ported the other day. Couldnt be happier, apart from the money I wasted with tescomobile. Tescomobile was a horrible experience. Too much "it'll be fixed next week", with no change for me.
    You would nearly want to move this to "Consumer Issues" instead of "Talk To" at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭GIMP

Paul
    How come you appear to be ignoring the recent posts on this thread and the other Tesco tread regarding the ongoing unresolved speed issue. Clearly the recent changes have not fully resolved what is a very annoying problem for many loyal, patient customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Hi Paul, using the Tesco sim in a dongle and trying to setup outlook express. Any idea what to put in the outgoing mail server ? I contacted customer support who told me to put in Eircoms settings as I am using an Eircom email address ........ :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

pissed wrote: »
    Hi Paul, using the Tesco sim in a dongle and trying to setup outlook express. Any idea what to put in the outgoing mail server ? I contacted customer support who told me to put in Eircoms settings as I am using an Eircom email address ........ :eek:

Hi there

We dont supply an SMTP server for outgoing email. You need either eirocm SMTP settings (for use outside eircom) or else you can use GMAIL to provide SMTP outgoing services.

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

nephster wrote: »
    Parnell Square, 4PM:
    179588061.png
    I think we can conclude the issue remains Paul.

Indeed im pretty much the same, occasionally i get good speeds but for the most part no, everything else with Tesco Mobile is fine but the data is a nigbhtmare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Steve!

Hi Paul,

I'm having trouble over an unlock code given to me by ye. It's simply not unlocking the phone, so I'm without at the moment. PM sent with my details.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

Am I the only one not being able to make calls or send text messages since yesterday third to ring customer care can't get through
    iPhone 4s

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭vicM

jamescc wrote: »
    Am I the only one not being able to make calls or send text messages since yesterday third to ring customer care can't get through
    iPhone 4s

Yeah me too! I'm roaming and I thought it was just calls couldn't get handed over by the varying parties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

No issues with texts here but some calls I made two dropped inexplicably after around a minute or so.

Data issues are still persisting. It's been hit and miss all day and speed test showed slow download / no upload / failed completely citing comms problems.

I have to say, I've been as patient as I can be with all of the various issues and outages there has been in the last 2 months. The persistence of the data issues is starting to grate with me and I waited like everyone else expecting a fix sooner rather than later.

TescoPaul, can I please ask if you would kindly give us some idea as to when we will have a resolution to the data issues? We all need some idea of where this is going, and importantly, when it may end. I for one would be prepared to wait for a fix, but the lack of information and confidence is starting to push me away.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭IrishPsychic

shamwari wrote: »
    No issues with texts here but some calls I made two dropped inexplicably after around a minute or so.

Data issues are still persisting. It's been hit and miss all day and speed test showed slow download / no upload / failed completely citing comms problems.

I have to say, I've been as patient as I can be with all of the various issues and outages there has been in the last 2 months. The persistence of the data issues is starting to grate with me and I waited like everyone else expecting a fix sooner rather than later.

TescoPaul, can I please ask if you would kindly give us some idea as to when we will have a resolution to the data issues? We all need some idea of where this is going, and importantly, when it may end. I for one would be prepared to wait for a fix, but the lack of information and confidence is starting to push me away.

I have the iPhone switching my Dad over to Tescomobile tomorrow as that is going ahead he can only text and call so he will be fine, I have the iPhone and leaving Vodafone to go to Tesco the 1Gb data that they offer is much better and the whole price plan most places have WI FI and the 10 Euro top up is amazing giving you 20 so and so fourth,

I didnt realise the data issue was a problem until I see these posts I will wait I suppose like ye as I am switching in the next 3 weeks to Tesco,

Vodafone just rob your credit and the data thing is a joke with them although sometimes you get good signal your more on the 2G then 3G with Vodafone so I dont care about Tesco but put it this way each time someone messages me on WHATS APP Vodafone charge me 1 Euro to read it so over 7 days thats 7 Euro WHY??? Oh cause Vodafone allow you up to 50mb a day so a whats app message receiving is 1kb say but its using Data so they charge you the FULL 1 EURO so I ended up turning off the 3G on my phone and telling people DONT WHATS APP me etc,
    Vodafone then took 80 euro of my credit in a 5 minute period they said it connected to the internet I said jeeze you deserve a medal for speeds like that and I had to get onto Comreg as it was a horrible expereince with Vodafone there packages are seriously a joke...

I dont care about the Data issues with Tesco they will sort it at some point I am sure most of the time I use WI FI like I mentioned but I would rather have a nice network and nice customer service then be treated like the S word from Vodafone,

Tesco will sort it I am sure so although you may not have faith now they are doing their best etc...

Ps NO I dont work for them if I did Id be asking for payment of this response lol...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

I have the iPhone switching my Dad over to Tescomobile tomorrow as that is going ahead he can only text and call so he will be fine, I have the iPhone and leaving Vodafone to go to Tesco the 1Gb data that they offer is much better and the whole price plan most places have WI FI and the 10 Euro top up is amazing giving you 20 so and so fourth,

I didnt realise the data issue was a problem until I see these posts I will wait I suppose like ye as I am switching in the next 3 weeks to Tesco,

Vodafone just rob your credit and the data thing is a joke with them although sometimes you get good signal your more on the 2G then 3G with Vodafone so I dont care about Tesco but put it this way each time someone messages me on WHATS APP Vodafone charge me 1 Euro to read it so over 7 days thats 7 Euro WHY??? Oh cause Vodafone allow you up to 50mb a day so a whats app message receiving is 1kb say but its using Data so they charge you the FULL 1 EURO so I ended up turning off the 3G on my phone and telling people DONT WHATS APP me etc,
    Vodafone then took 80 euro of my credit in a 5 minute period they said it connected to the internet I said jeeze you deserve a medal for speeds like that and I had to get onto Comreg as it was a horrible expereince with Vodafone there packages are seriously a joke...

I dont care about the Data issues with Tesco they will sort it at some point I am sure most of the time I use WI FI like I mentioned but I would rather have a nice network and nice customer service then be treated like the S word from Vodafone,

Tesco will sort it I am sure so although you may not have faith now they are doing their best etc...

Ps NO I dont work for them if I did Id be asking for payment of this response lol...
    With respect to your post, you're views seem be based on
    (a) the "value for money" of the Tesco product and
    (b) you're happy to wait for these issues to be sorted over time.

Let me say that I agree with you regarding the value aspect but certainly not the wait for things to be sorted. It makes no difference how attractive the costing of something is IF it doesn't work the way it should. Since I signed up in March, we've had several outages affecting calls and texts and a seemingly insurmountable issue with the data. I've pointed out in previous posts how I've experienced more problems with Tesco in the last while than I had with O2 in over a decade. In another previous post from two weeks ago will also show that I have been patient but it's now reaching the stage that it's becoming a lot harder to remain so. We've had assurances about this, that and the other but none of them have been a silver bullet, and as things currently stand, I see no light at the end of the tunnel.

I want the stay with Tesco and I also want the service I'm paying for. The niggles remaining and not being ironed out are becoming harder to live with and will eventually push me away. And as regrettable as that will be, I may not be alone in doing that.

Hi All

I am waiting for an update today on the schedule for the fix. I will update over in the Tesco Mobile Talk To forum later once I have the update

Regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Last few days seen a slight improvement but still more required

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

hi Paul,

could you please find out what is going on with my account,
    i am on a Sim only plan for twenty euro . there was a overdue account for 77.66 that was paid on Thursday morning, since then i have had no outgoing calls,no outgoing text messaging or internet use. i have rang up numerous times with the expense to me on my land line.
    I am not going to pay for this month. i need my phone as i am a carer for my mother. this is 5 and a half days now.oh ye the bill was paid in full.i will pm you my details i would applicate a phone call back.

thank you James Carpenter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Much better speeds this morning. Getting over 2.21Mbps down and 0.44Mbps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Flachzange

It's always better in the morning. The problems come up in the afternoon and continue until early morning depending on the weekday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I have been testing regularly mornings and evening and this is the first time I have gotten these speeds in the morning. That is what I am basing my statement upon.

jamescc wrote: »
    hi Paul,

could you please find out what is going on with my account,
    i am on a Sim only plan for twenty euro . there was a overdue account for 77.66 that was paid on Thursday morning, since then i have had no outgoing calls,no outgoing text messaging or internet use. i have rang up numerous times with the expense to me on my land line.
    I am not going to pay for this month. i need my phone as i am a carer for my mother. this is 5 and a half days now.oh ye the bill was paid in full.i will pm you my details i would applicate a phone call back.

thank you James Carpenter

Hi James

Leona from our Talk To forum is following up on this for you.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Anyone else just completely lose service? Tried restarting etc. still just searching and changing to no service and back to searching.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

deisedevil wrote: »
    Anyone else just completely lose service? Tried restarting etc. still just searching and changing to no service and back to searching.

Has come back again.

Having nothing but problems since I started with Tesco's. The data is terrible. Signal is worse than when I was on O2 with iPhone 4. My other half has the same phone and is still on O2 and always gets a better signal, can that be explained?

• Advertisement

Maybe try posting here, on the Tesco forum, these outages need to be reported. I'm experiencing dropped calls a lot recently.

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1542

Hi All

If you are experiencing individual service issues please contact us in the Talk To Forum at the link below. There is a Tesco Mobile Customer Care rep manning the forum in in office hours and they can get your details and follow up with Technology.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1542

regards
    Paul

Paul
    Quick query, why are mms charged from tmi to tmi on bill pay but free on pay as you go?

GIMP wrote: »
    Paul
    Quick query, why are mms charged from tmi to tmi on bill pay but free on pay as you go?

Hi Gimp,

Yes, they are included in the 10e 30day free onnet offer in PAYG but not in the Pay Monthly On Net. There are however free minutes and texts offnet incldeud in Pay Monthly that would offer more value than PAYG.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Felim_Doyle

A small selection of phones seem to have a problem with this application. We have amended this in our next SIM profile which will be available soon.

regards
    Paul
    Will that mean replacing my SIM card or will it be available as an update sent to the phone?

Hi Felim

Yes you get this text when in the UK but not NI (need to 100% check this). Were you in NI or close to the coast in North West UK.

We do offer All Ireland rates when calling ROI numbers from NI. When you call other numbers from NI its roaming rates.

Alll our roaming information is here on the website.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/using-your-mobile-abroad.aspx

regards
    Paul
    I'm at home in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire so nowhere near NI or North West UK and I still haven't had that Roaming Rates text despite turning the phone on and off regularly.

Since buying my Nokia C1-01 last month, I have not been able to access the internet either in Ireland or when roaming in the UK (where I am now). The phone reports:-

Temporary network problem
    Link not available

Should the phone/SIM have out-of-the-box internet access or do I have to buy an add-on?

My understanding is that Bonus Top-Up Credit expires after 30 days but I have heard that it is held over if you top up again by at least €10 within that 30 days. Is this correct?

I originally applied a €10 Top-Up voucher and received a €10 Bonus Top-Up Credit which I had little opportunity to use as I returned to the UK within a few days. That Bonus Top-Up Credit is due to expire today but I have since purchased a €10 top up online. Will that save my Bonus Top-Up Credit for another 30 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Quick question regarding call pricing within Ireland:

I made a call to a 1850 number a few days ago and the call came out of my regular credit rather than my bonus credit. Is this expected and if so, do 1890 numbers come out of regular credit as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

byrnefm wrote: »
    Quick question regarding call pricing within Ireland:

I made a call to a 1850 number a few days ago and the call came out of my regular credit rather than my bonus credit. Is this expected and if so, do 1890 numbers come out of regular credit as well?

Asked that here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056647080

Advertisement