Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

There should be improvements now in download speeds. There is still a remaining item to look at on upload speeds but this will be addressed next week

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Hi there

This is not a PAYG plan its a Capped Pay Monthly plan. She doesnt have to topup. the payment is taken monthly from her signed up payment arrangement. Any extra topup is above and beyond the 30eur tariff credit she gets for her 10eur. Extra topup does not get bonus credit on this tariff.

regards
    Paul
    Is there any way to change this now.She went in to just become a PAYG customer from O2 as she could benefit from my friends and family reward.

jluv wrote: »
    Is there any way to change this now.She went in to just become a PAYG customer from O2 as she could benefit from my friends and family reward.

Yes of course. Just get her to contact customer care on 0894200000 and they will have her changed back to PAYG

Regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

yesterday the data speed was fine but today it's shocking, this needs to be addressed ASAP..Check my screenshot :(

jonnny68 wrote: »
    yesterday the data speed was fine but today it's shocking, this needs to be addressed ASAP..Check my screenshot :(

Do a few more. That is not representative of speeds generally.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

hi Paul,
    thanks for your help resetting my password, I have another question for you. I tried to sign up for an O money card and part of the process was for a text message to be sent to your phone. I reset this about process about twenty times for the text message to come through ( a four digit pin)

I never received the pin. and I still have not. Is tesco blocking certain types of text messages.

Thanks James

jamescc wrote: »
    hi Paul,
    thanks for your help resetting my password, I have another question for you. I tried to sign up for an O money card and part of the process was for a text message to be sent to your phone. I reset this about process about twenty times for the text message to come through ( a four digit pin)

I never received the pin. and I still have not. Is tesco blocking certain types of text messages.

Thanks James

No we dont block anything. It is up to the service provider for the text messages for the bank service to setup a connection to Tesco Mobile to be able to deliver the messages. The problem is at their end.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 19 testx

Is it possible to have the same number assigned to two phones? I've a nice new Smartphone but still would prefer to keep my old phone for day to day use without the hassle of SIM swapping.

testx wrote: »
    Is it possible to have the same number assigned to two phones? I've a nice new Smartphone but still would prefer to keep my old phone for day to day use without the hassle of SIM swapping.

Hi there

No this is not possible in Ireland, a number can only be assigned to one SIM at a time

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Hi Paul,

Just wondering what is the number to check how much data/days are left on the PAYG data bundles? Could you also add the number to the data bundles page?

Thanks!

• Advertisement

N64 wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

Just wondering what is the number to check how much data/days are left on the PAYG data bundles? Could you also add the number to the data bundles page?

Thanks!

Enter *100*6# on your phone and press call.

Yes, that should be on that page, will have it updated.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Hi Paul,

Is there any chance theres plans to release small bundles for 30 days? I bought the the 30 day 1GB, but iv barely used the majority of it. 500MB would be sufficient i think?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Enter *100*6# on your phone and press call.

Yes, that should be on that page, will have it updated.

regards
    Paul
    Is there a code for pay monthly customers,
    To check data, minutes, texts etc,
    Cheers great service by the way, very happy customer
    here :D

chris1970 wrote: »
    Is there a code for pay monthly customers,
    To check data, minutes, texts etc,
    Cheers great service by the way, very happy customer
    here :D

Yes text BALANCE to 1744 for your remaining free units or SPEND to 1744 for your spend outside bundle.

regards
    Paul

Zhane wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

Is there any chance theres plans to release small bundles for 30 days? I bought the the 30 day 1GB, but iv barely used the majority of it. 500MB would be sufficient i think?

Hi Zhane

I will discuss with the team here.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2 comi01

Hi Paul,

I seen last week that you posted that ICS was only a few days away, has there been any update on that yet.

Thanks.

It has been approved from what I am told by Samsung. It can take a day or two to get up on Kies

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Flachzange

Desperately looking for people with the same problem I found this thread.

That's what I've recently wrote to customer care:
    Hi there,

I got the new sim card. Thanks for this! I also got it activated by calling customer care. No problems at all. BUT the problems with mobile internet are still persistent.

The facts:
    - Problems since about April 19th. Before it worked fine
    - Mobile Internet is extremely slow and many many times it doesn't work at all. My phone tells me to have HSDPA or 3G connection but the speed is below GPRS.
    - Calling works fine at the least few calls I did.
    - Sim card change didn't help!

I managed to get a second phone from a friend with a Meteor sim card.

- Putting the Meteor sim card in my phone works perfectly. I have very fast mobile Internet
    - Putting the Tesco Mobile sim card into my friends phone results in the same bad connection that I am experiencing

So it is more or less evident that there must be a problem within the Tesco Mobile network.

If this problem continues for the next two weeks I will definitely switch to another provider. One month with unreliable mobile internet must be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 n3lly

Flachzange wrote: »
    Desperately looking for people with the same problem I found this thread.

That's what I've recently wrote to customer care:

If this problem continues for the next two weeks I will definitely switch to another provider. One month with unreliable mobile internet must be enough.

If you 'scroll' back a few pages you'll see the lads (tesco) are trying to work on improving the internet side of things. Has been a while now though.

From what I can tell, and as Paul pointed out it's the upload speeds I think that are causing issues at the moment. That's what I've found anyway after testing it for the last few weeks.

Further changes have been made today to improve speeds. We have verified these improvements from our end. Please let me know your experience

thanks
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Not really seeing it at our end I'm afraid :(
    TCD, just now:
    179528558.png
    and
    179529681.png

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

Go the following indoors in Dublin 4
    ping down up
    199 1219 236
    724 951 38
    704 1518 116
    664 1073 58

13:30
    ping down up
    964 881 52
    230 1023 71
    239 822 108
    975 1094 44

Parnell Square, 4PM:
    179588061.png
    I think we can conclude the issue remains Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

mine in Dublin 7

down 0.66mbps
    up 0.02
    ping 267

while its a lot better than the 0.15mbps I was getting its still not very good

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Flachzange

Same here.

Paul, do you actually believe the things yourself you are writing here? Since one month you are driving some kind of stalling tactics to keep people quite and let them hope for betterment. Your writing sounds like you were the guy in data centre switching the cables and configuring machines and at the same time you are the one sitting in the upper management having influence on strategic decision...not very believable.

As I have "only" pay as go I will change sim cards this very day. To bad for the few Euros I spent this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Caseywhale

I just did some speed tests there and it's even worse than it was yesterday, which was pathetic.
    My bull**** detector alarm is going off big time now with tescos attempts to pretend they are fixing this problem.
    Porting tO meteor right now.
    Goodbye and good riddance to Tesco data speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Hi Paul,

I have a few suggestions regarding the top up process for Tesco Mobile credit and I was wondering if you could let me know if there's a suggestion box passing these on to Tesco Mobile?
      If buying credit in Tesco, could the top up credit receipt be printed
    before the Tesco receipt? Last Tuesday I bought call credit via the self service kiosk in Letterkenny and realized later that I only took the first receipt - the (long) Tesco receipt, losing €10 in the process** :( Alternatively, could it be printed with the receipt (i.e. not as two separate receipts)?

From speaking to other mobile customers, would it be possible to credit an account directly without having to type in a 12-digit top up number, even if it could just apply to Tesco Mobile? Some mobile users are elderly / poor-sighted and typing in a long number is an onerous task. In the UK they use top up cards that are linked to the account: you swipe the card and then type in the amount to credit with. In other countries, you give your telephone number and the account gets credited without having to type in a top-up number. Or maybe give an option of the current method and one of the two above (e.g. credit specific / any)?

(**Went to Tesco Saturday morning and inquired in the off-chance that my top up receipt had been handed in .. and it had - and they kept it safe!!! I was amazed and very grateful :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 39 n3lly

Was in city center tonight (tara st dart station)

Had no internet connection what so ever for the entire journey home.

Going to give tescomobile a call tomorrow and see if there's anything they can do for me seeing as I'm paying 55 euro a month on my contract without the ability to use any data for the past month now.

Even with the 2gb allowance I don't think I could get through 50mb at the moment.

It's all just very disappointing.

byrnefm wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

I have a few suggestions regarding the top up process for Tesco Mobile credit and I was wondering if you could let me know if there's a suggestion box passing these on to Tesco Mobile?

• If buying credit in Tesco, could the top up credit receipt be printed before the Tesco receipt? Last Tuesday I bought call credit via the self service kiosk in Letterkenny and realized later that I only took the first receipt - the (long) Tesco receipt, losing €10 in the process** :( Alternatively, could it be printed with the receipt (i.e. not as two separate receipts)?

• From speaking to other mobile customers, would it be possible to credit an account directly without having to type in a 12-digit top up number, even if it could just apply to Tesco Mobile? Some mobile users are elderly / poor-sighted and typing in a long number is an onerous task. In the UK they use top up cards that are linked to the account: you swipe the card and then type in the amount to credit with. In other countries, you give your telephone number and the account gets credited without having to type in a top-up number. Or maybe give an option of the current method and one of the two above (e.g. credit specific / any)?
    (**Went to Tesco Saturday morning and inquired in the off-chance that my top up receipt had been handed in .. and it had - and they kept it safe!!! I was amazed and very grateful :) )

Thanks for good ideas and feedback. Will pass it on to the team here.

• Advertisement

Paul,
    Any update on sorting out the mobile Internet issues? I think it's reaching crunch time for many of us.
    Would we be better off moving discussion of same to the Talk To.. forum?
    Thanks in advance!

Advertisement