Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeper league

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

How many keepers should the league have?
    RESULT: 5
    Should NA spots (minor leaguers) count towards keepers?
    RESULT: No
    How many NA slots (minor leaguers) should we have?
    RESULT: 2
    *So we basically will have 7 keepers now, two of which are NA

What should the Sixth Scoring Category be for BATTING?
    RESULT: OBP (5-4 over Walks)
    Should extra hitting positions be added?
    RESULT: Inconclusive (5-5)
    What extra hitting positions should be added?
    RESULT: Infielder (becomes 1 corner + 1 middle INF)
    How many extra RP slots should be added?
    RESULT: 1
    What should the weekly number of acquisitions be?
    RESULT: 6
    Should Quality Starts replace Wins as a pitching category?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭bit of red72

Cheers BigBadRob

Right so,

I've updated for one extra RP and one extra NA.
    Weekly acquisitions are now 6 - reduced from 10. Let's see how we get on with that one.
    They're actually the only changes to the settings

The draft has been set for Wed 19th at 21.30 GMT following Fisgon's request.

The deadline for keepers is Tuesday 18th which I assume is up to midnight on that date. (Yahoo doesn't seem to give a time?) I've included a note to say up to 5 keepers can be kept. Boccy, I may need your help on this at some point!

Any problems, just let me know.

Anyone looking to trade, let me know:

Exiled Red Sox Trading Block
    Carlos Gonzalez
    Adrian Beltre
    Robinson Cano
    Jurrickson Profar
    Starlin Castro
    Adam Wainwright
    Aroldis Chapman

If you think you don't have 5 keepers, would do 2 of the above for 1 superstar.
    Could also trade players for swaps of draft picks too if anyone's interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Carlos Gonzalez
    Adrian Beltre
    Robinson Cano
    Jurrickson Profar
    Starlin Castro
    Adam Wainwright
    Aroldis Chapman

Hey, While I'm sure things can change, there hasn't been a culture of trading draft picks.
    Does Yahoo allow for it and does the draft positions reflect this when drafting? (Apologies I'm not familar with Yahoo capabilities).

Anyone else have any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hey, While I'm sure things can change, there hasn't been a culture of trading draft picks.
    Does Yahoo allow for it and does the draft positions reflect this when drafting? (Apologies I'm not familar with Yahoo capabilities).

I don't think it allows trades before the draft even

Edit: Speaking of draft, I noticed that the following is mentioned:
    The draft order will be randomly determined approximately 30 minutes before the draft begins

Like previous years I believe we should be drafting in reverse order of 2013 finishing positions (10th place drafts 1st etc), can this be changed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

How many keepers should the league have?
    RESULT: 5
    Should NA spots (minor leaguers) count towards keepers?
    How many NA slots (minor leaguers) should we have?
    RESULT: 2
    *So we basically will have 7 keepers now, two of which are NA
    So are we going to be able to keep the NA players (outside of the 5 keeper picks) we currently have on our rosters going into this season or is this for the following season? Is there even a facility to put a player into the NA rosters spots before the draft?
    8-10 wrote: »
    Like previous years I believe we should be drafting in reverse order of 2013 finishing positions (10th place drafts 1st etc), can this be changed?
    Yes we should stick with this.

Trading of draft picks is allowed once enabled.
    http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/details/trade_picks

Not sure if enabled if trading would count the upcoming draft though...

Anyone else looking to trade throw up a trade block, see if anything can be done before the draft

Coeus wrote: »
    So are we going to be able to keep the NA players (outside of the 5 keeper picks) we currently have on our rosters going into this season or is this for the following season? Is there even a facility to put a player into the NA rosters spots before the draft?

I'd also like clarity on this. I don't think we should be keeping N/A players until next season and I don't like the idea of picking them up now before the draft. But interested to know what the decision is on this. Also are there N/A spots available in the draft? I would think that is the fairest way of filling the spots.

Lads,

Loads of questions there. Hopefully I can answer them all.

The Yahoo draft order comment is actually an automatic setting. I will run it in opposite order to last years finish but I can't (or didn't think I could) actually set it up formally at this point until the keepers are set. Once you unlock the league to set the keepers the draft order is re-set to random ( I have no idea why this should be the case but that is what Yahoo are advising). I have the draft order currently set in opposite to below:

1. Homers Homers
    2. Henry Le Cheat
    3. Artful Dodgers
    4. Judean Peoples Front
    5. Al Isotopes (now the Badgers)
    6. K Kings
    7. Tolka Drakes
    8. Seattle Seamonkeys (now RebelSox)
    9. Hotballs (now Exiled Red Sox)
    10. Golden Nuggets

On the trading of draft picks it all seems a wee bit complicated. As Coeus says above it appears we would have had to nominate that function last season to come into action for the forthcoming draft. I can activate it at some point during the season for the 2015 draft but the function itself appears inactive for 2014. There also hasn't been a culture of trading draft picks but if any teams want to do that then the obvious thing is that you make the trade, send me an email or PM and I'll amend the draft order. Yahoo does offer the option of sorting the order in every round and I've had a look at it and it seems straightforward enough (famous last words!).

The "NA" settings will be as last year which was that they are to be used if a player is not on the Major league roster for whatever reason. The position is not filled during the draft. https://help.yahoo.com/kb/thequotnaquot-roster-spot-sln14724.html is where the role of the position is outlined. The key sentence is "Players can't be added directly from the Available Players list to the NA roster spot; you'll need to add them to your active roster first. If your roster is full, you'll need to drop a player before you can add them."

I think I'll go and book the 19th off work so I can sort all this out!! Back to Barca and Man City now.

• Advertisement

The "NA" settings will be as last year which was that they are to be used if a player is not on the Major league roster for whatever reason. The position is not filled during the draft. https://help.yahoo.com/kb/thequotnaquot-roster-spot-sln14724.html is where the role of the position is outlined. The key sentence is "Players can't be added directly from the Available Players list to the NA roster spot; you'll need to add them to your active roster first. If your roster is full, you'll need to drop a player before you can add them."
    Okay so lets say in the upcoming season, I draft or pick up 2 players that are NA and are in the NA spots at the end of the season. If they are still NA come the draft next will we set the league to have 7 keepers, 5 for regular keepers but 2 of which have to be players are NA. If so I think these NA picks should be placed at the back end of the draft. We need to decide this before the draft as it may have an impact on this draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Cheers BigBadRob

Right so,

I've updated for one extra RP and one extra NA.
    Weekly acquisitions are now 6 - reduced from 10. Let's see how we get on with that one.
    They're actually the only changes to the settings

The draft has been set for Wed 19th at 21.30 GMT following Fisgon's request.

Thanks, 'preciate it.

Carlos Gonzalez (6)
    Adrian Beltre (11)
    Robinson Cano (12)
    Jurrickson Profar
    Starlin Castro
    Adam Wainwright (24, 3rd SP)
    Aroldis Chapman (53, 2nd RP)

Adding Adam Jones (13) to the trading block.

Open to offers, don't be shy lads!

EDIT: Added this year's ranking in brackets, Profar and Castro in the hundreds somewhere, more for someone building long-term

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

I have the draft order currently set in opposite to below:

1. Homers Homers
    2. Henry Le Cheat
    3. Artful Dodgers
    4. Judean Peoples Front
    5. Al Isotopes (now the Badgers)
    6. K Kings
    7. Tolka Drakes
    8. Seattle Seamonkeys (now RebelSox)
    9. Hotballs (now Exiled Red Sox)
    10. Golden Nuggets

Just one small correction.. My team (RebelSox has replaced the Hotballs team). If that makes a difference or not i dont know but said i would point it out

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Trading Block:

Hanley Ramirez
    Jacoby Ellsbury
    Carlos Gomez
    Dustin Pedroia
    Buster Posey
    Adrian Gonzalez
    Jason Heyward
    Craig Kimbrel
    Homer Bailey
    Matt Moore

Evenin' all,

To try and directly address Coeus's question, we can't actually draft to the NA spot. You have to draft to an active spot. BigBadRob's option outlined earlier on the thread indicated you can draft to it for keeper potential but that's not a runner according to Yahoo.

The NA spot (or two this year) is really an in-season mechanism to allow more flexibility. We don't appear to be able to incorporate it into the draft like Coeus outlined so I think we should use it exactly as we did last year.

On kinda32's point on the draft order, that's entirely my bad. I'll change that for the draft. Too many Sox, not enough brain....

The NA spot (or two this year) is really an in-season mechanism to allow more flexibility. We don't appear to be able to incorporate it into the draft like Coeus outlined so I think we should use it exactly as we did last year.
    I see the same from looking through the help pages, its only a matter of time before Yahoo introduce a dynasty feature for prospects. Anyway thanks for clarifying, I'll work with what set-up for this season then...

Evenin' all,

To try and directly address Coeus's question, we can't actually draft to the NA spot. You have to draft to an active spot. BigBadRob's option outlined earlier on the thread indicated you can draft to it for keeper potential but that's not a runner according to Yahoo.

Presume we can still draft NA players whenever we want in the draft and then just assign them there straight after?
    Then just pickup free agents to fill the spot they vacated

Presume we can still draft NA players whenever we want in the draft and then just assign them there straight after?

This shouldn't be a problem. I would be very interested to know if somebody drafts an NA in the draft to keep in 2015 and actually ends up keeping them next year. My guess is nobody drafted next week will be an NA keeper next year.

Yes but some prospects might still be at the major league training camp and not have NA assigned to them. They may be NA until they are assigned to their minor league team and Yahoo updates their status.

• Advertisement

Hey guys,

Keepers are midnight tonight (unless changed by Commish)

How many are we keeping? 5?

Keepers are midnight and 5 it is.

Draft is at 9.30 tomorrow night.

cheer!
    done!

Any idea when keepers will be processed in the league?

Just want to clear out any keepers and update my draft board

Cheers

Big Bad Rob - I'm still working on the keepers. Last year Yahoo didn't show the keepers until the draft actually started. It may or may not do that again.

LankytheCamel - would you PM me with keepers?

Big Bad Rob - I'm still working on the keepers. Last year Yahoo didn't show the keepers until the draft actually started. It may or may not do that again.
    Yea, I think it will be draft time aswell before we see who's available...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭boccy23

Had a strange draft. Ended up with loads of batting and very little pitching. Kinda forgot that we have reduced the weekly transaction limits which will impact on streaming pitchers.

So I am in the market for starting pitching in a trade. Have plenty on the hitting side, both in terms of HR and SB if anyone is interested. Any and all offers will be considered. Especially 2 for 1 for decent mid level pitching.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Had a strange draft. Ended up with loads of batting and very little pitching. Kinda forgot that we have reduced the weekly transaction limits which will impact on streaming pitchers.

So I am in the market for starting pitching in a trade. Have plenty on the hitting side, both in terms of HR and SB if anyone is interested. Any and all offers will be considered. Especially 2 for 1 for decent mid level pitching.

Which team is yours? Incidentally what is everyone's team? I'm Judean People's Front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭boccy23

8-10 wrote: »
    Which team is yours? Incidentally what is everyone's team? I'm Judean People's Front.

K Kings - Boccy23

• Advertisement

All very quiet on here lads although good to see that we're nearly all staying active. Familiar name at the top at the mo' and I don't think I'll do too much damage to Henry this week.

It's now turning into a fairly strange first quarter for my Dodgers. Even ignoring all the pitching injuries it's been odd. Josh Donaldson and Brandon Moss (!) are my top bats and the pitchers who are fit have been very hit and miss.

My big trade for Power is also yet to bear any fruit as Evan Longoria seems to have forgotten how to hit the ball. King Felix has, frankly, ruled so K Kings have definitely got the best of that so far! Plenty of time yet I hope.

My other Big Bat - Prince Fielder- is done for the year and that surgery sounds awful. Cervical fusion surgery sounds dreadful. He's obviously available for a team looking to start early re-building for next year but I can't imagine that's attractive to anyone.

Looking forward to finally seeing Taveras in a couple of weeks...

Advertisement