Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I believe in Kevpants" (S&SS Off Topic thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Take a pic and post it up for Hanley lol

Lots of pics, everyone's getting tagged! :pac:

I'm hoping to meet Julia Rohde and Lidia Valentin for a few drinks after as well. I'll give them each a kiss for Dead Ed and Paudee. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

has crossfit exploded yet?
    I'm working through the big thread. Lots of people still saying they'll stick by Greg while obviously not having a clue what's going on.

I'm actually baffled at how naïve some people are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Mellor wrote: »
    I'm working through the big thread. Lots of people still saying they'll stick by Greg while obviously not having a clue what's going on.

I'm actually baffled at how naïve some people are.

you might keep us updated...i dont speak crossfit so cant follow the thread...

im really starting to worry about Hanley and the outcome of this now....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

you might keep us updated...i dont speak crossfit so cant follow the thread...

This.

It's really hard to understand what the hell they're talking about isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

So let me try understand this. A company wants to buy out 50% of crossfit. Part of the buyout is that they'll manage affiliates. The other owner of crossfit doesn't want this to happen as he'll lose affiliate fees. He is telling affiliates that the commercial entity will force them to sell preferred products which they might not like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Where's crossfit on the Northside? Is that one in Glasnevin going, if so what's it called again and where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

squod wrote: »
    Where's crossfit on the Northside? Is that one in Glasnevin going, if so what's it called again and where is it?

Think its in Fairview. Crossfit Ronin I believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

So let me try understand this. A company wants to buy out 50% of crossfit. Part of the buyout is that they'll manage affiliates. The other owner of crossfit doesn't want this to happen as he'll lose affiliate fees. He is telling affiliates that the commercial entity will force them to sell preferred products which they might not like?

I wouldn't be too happy if I owned a gym, even a crossfit one, and suddenly another company could tell me what to sell or do in said gym.

I don't know if that's exactly what's happening though. It's hard to read through the hysterics.

I do like the affiliate model though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Think its in Fairview. Crossfit Ronin I believe?

Just googlized them. Looks cross fitty alright. Isn't there not two or three people on here that have CF gyms.........

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

squod wrote: »
    Just googlized them. Looks cross fitty alright. Isn't there not two or three people on here that have CF gyms.........

They are like corner shops these days. Two in Sandyford, one in Malahide,the one in Fairview,one in Blanch & I think there is one in Harolds Cross? As for posting on here Colm O Reilly maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

They are like corner shops these days. Two in Sandyford, one in Malahide,the one in Fairview,one in Blanch & I think there is one in Harolds Cross? As for posting on here Colm O Reilly maybe?

Harold's Cross one is called south Dublin strength and conditioning. Big time CF gym...

North side - CF ronin (fairview), PTI/CF North Dublin (Kinsealy), Crossfit 15 (out towards blanch somewher).

And befor anyone says it, no I'm not opening a ****ing crossfit gym

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Hanley wrote: »

And befor anyone says it, no I'm not opening a ****ing crossfit gym

RevFit- the next generation in elite fitness.

I'd like to open one called CounterFit- the counter-revolution in mediocre fitness.

Good luck with the new venture by the way.

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    RevFit- the next generation in elite fitness.

I'd like to open one called CounterFit- the counter-revolution in mediocre fitness.

Good luck with the new venture by the way.

CounterFit... Counter Burger. Some nice synergy there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

418728_459456817420455_423304947_n.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    I'd like to open one called CounterFit.

Someone must do this. It has to happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Hanley wrote: »
    Harold's Cross one is called south Dublin strength and conditioning. Big time CF gym...

Not entirely... I mean, it essentially is. But there's no crazy letsdoreallyheavy****forloadsofrepsasquickaspossibleandthendothesamethingwithadifferentexerciseandthengoanddoitallloadsatimesthisshitiscrazyman stuff! I've only done one of the classes but I've trained there a good few times with the lads. I prefer it when it's nice and empty though, obvs.

Edit: That said, I may have just described the ultimate CF complex. Every time I go to learn what CF actually is, I get distracted by funny videos of people taking the piss out of it.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The ownerof crossfit and his wife each own 50%. They are getting divorced and she is selling her half to a VC company. That's it, there's nothing in the buyout about controlling affiliates.

The owner doesn't want this to happen and is trying to prevent it. The idea that the VC wants to control the affiliates and sell preferred products came from Crossfit HQ. There may be some truth behind it but Glassman is definitely putting a spin on it.

The VC company gain no more power over crossfit inc than the wife (who people ate accusing if all sorts of revenge ots) currently has. How could they? (she is non-managing by choice not anything else)

Imposing controls on affiliates will most like cause some to leave. Most are successful boxes in their own right and don't need the sign over the door.
    Affiliates leaving is bad for everyone, but especially the VCs. If 25% of affiliated leave, that's $3million in annual revenue gone. That has a huge Effect on their $40million valuation.

They should probably streamline a few processes. Improve the branding a little, and clean up HQ but for the most part, unless they are idiots, letting it run as is should be profitable, anything else is VC suicide.

Will there be a movie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Will there be a movie?

Tom Hardy should be in it playing a crossfit box owner about to go under and be bought out by corporate America. His only way to turn it around is to win the crossfit games and reconcile with his childhood sweetheart.

No one steal my idea :mad:

Tom Hardy should be in it playing a crossfit box owner about to go under and be bought out by corporate America. His only way to turn it around is to win the crossfit games and reconcile with his childhood sweetheart.

No one steal my idea :mad:

That is genius...we need someone to play a rival box owner and competitor who is secretly involved in the VC...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

That is genius...we need someone to play a rival box owner and competitor who is secretly involved in the VC...

Hanley.......he's all corporate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Nah, it needs to be John C Reilly and Will Ferrell.

"I'm going for my FRAAAAAN!!! SHAKE AND BAKE!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Somebody with financial nous, a crossfit background and lacking a soul...

Paudee wrote: »
    Somebody with financial nous, a crossfit background and lacking a soul...

I know someone who might fit but he doesnt have the forearms for it anymore...

Not entirely... I mean, it essentially is. But there's no crazy letsdoreallyheavy****forloadsofrepsasquickaspossibleandthendothesamethingwithadifferentexerciseandthengoanddoitallloadsatimesthisshitiscrazyman stuff! I've only done one of the classes but I've trained there a good few times with the lads. I prefer it when it's nice and empty though, obvs.

Edit: That said, I may have just described the ultimate CF complex. Every time I go to learn what CF actually is, I get distracted by funny videos of people taking the piss out of it.... :pac:

I'm ripping the extreme p!ss. Dave gets very p!ssed off if you assume it's a CF gym (which it 100% is, for the record).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Oh.... Well good thing I didn't make an ass of myself then! :pac:

so...can someone translate the latest on the crossfit saga...?

F*ck CF, F*ck TRX...........the future is RevFit simples

Da Za wrote: »
    F*ck CF, F*ck TRX...........the future is RevFit simples

I hear its going to take you to 90kg...

• Advertisement

I hear its going to take you to 90kg...

I hear it might make you a man

Advertisement