Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I believe in Kevpants" (S&SS Off Topic thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Thud

I thought they were calling for a doctor..."here's some water will fix you"

poor fella

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Quick yay or nay question:

I don't have 200e+ to spend on Adipowers but there's a good deal on here:

http://www.profitness-supplies.com/clothing-and-accessories/lifting-shoes/adidas-power-perfect-ii.html

Yay or nay?

I'm well used to weightlifting shoes just want to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

Crossfit hate updates brought to you by your friendly neighbourhood hater Token

http://www.reddit.com/r/crossfit/comments/zqchc/outlaw_literally/

The latest programming guru in crossfit 'outlawzz' arrested for beating/assaulting his wife. Also suggested here he's cheating on her with clients. Hah none of this is ever surprising gotta love crossfit. #outlawway #chrisbrown #babystrap.

All that Anthros sh*t is still going on with them in the courts and slogging it out like amateur hour on facebook but it's boring enough really so I'm just waiting for the cliffnotes on that one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Sugar Free wrote: »
    Quick yay or nay question:

I don't have 200e+ to spend on Adipowers but there's a good deal on here:

http://www.profitness-supplies.com/clothing-and-accessories/lifting-shoes/adidas-power-perfect-ii.html

Yay or nay?

I'm well used to weightlifting shoes just want to upgrade.
    Good price for them, good shoes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Love my power perfects.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Nothing like a Wife Beating for Time WOD

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

He's outlaw-certified by the state now.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Groups revealed for the WSM. Tough group for James Fennelly

http://www.theworldsstrongestman.com/2012-wsm/wsm-2012-athlete-groupings/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭token

From Drywall's bookface

"Barbell complex on your due date. I don't think it's RX if the baby is still on the inside, can I get a ruling here?"

Youtube comment pick
    "Well my wifes excuse for not doing this on her due date is she isnt a ****ing idiot."

Non stop entertainment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

i hope its a boy...and he goes on gear..and trains with dave tate..and one day returns to seek revenge on his parents..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

That is one of the most retarded things I've ever seen.

Crossfit has a lot to answer for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

animal barbel club FB page for updates in the WSM qualifiers FTW.

Since I won't use twitter any info or results appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

I would disagree with that, i would think our health and safety culture has a lot to answer for, because if it wasnt for us keeping an eye out for the lower 15% they would of died off the pack of f***in r3t4rds...... crossfit has nothin to answer for there just that shower of complete imbeciles have!! its for prats like that that coffee cups have ""caution:hot contents" wrote on the side!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

newby.204 wrote: »

I would disagree with that, i would think our health and safety culture has a lot to answer for, because if it wasnt for us keeping an eye out for the lower 15% they would of died off the pack of f***in r3t4rds...... crossfit has nothin to answer for there just that shower of complete imbeciles have!! its for prats like that that coffee cups have ""caution:hot contents" wrote on the side!!
    What has a health and safety culture got to do with it? And how would idiotic behaviour have died off.

People doing stupid stuff in crossfit gyms is directly related to the "the elite form of fitness" attitude that it's preaches. "What's your excuse" creates the idea that people are slacking if they don't push it to the limit all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Mellor wrote: »
    What has a health and safety culture got to do with it? And how would idiotic behaviour have died off.

People doing stupid stuff in crossfit gyms is directly related to the "the elite form of fitness" attitude that it's preaches. "What's your excuse" creates the idea that people are slacking if they don't push it to the limit all the time.

id just like to say, i dont do crossfit, im not even a fan of it tbh..... my point was merely that a lack of braincells in the individuals is to blame here!! not necessarily crossfit!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

id just like to say, i dont do crossfit, im not even a fan of it tbh..... my point was merely that a lack of braincells in the individuals is to blame here!! not necessarily crossfit!!

Crossfit, as a culture, particularly in the US, promotes the idea of performing idiotically and irresponsibly in a show of false bravado for other competitive exercisers to give you mad props and respect.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Hanley wrote: »
    Crossfit, as a culture, particularly in the US, promotes the idea of performing idiotically and irresponsibly in a show of false bravado for other competitive exercisers to give you mad props and respect.

The longer I live here, the more I realise that it's not just crossfit. Bravado is the American way, from driving to cycling, hiking, weightlifting, gun ownership and basically everything. I've yet to hear an American say: "I'm really no good at that".

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Yeah obviously the person has to be lacking a certain amount of common sense to not stop and question it. But there is a side of crossfit that actively pushes that extreme bull**** mentality. Which is why nobody from that gym thought was a good idea to step in to stop it. Then HQ posts it. Which only further pushes that mentality and leads more people to think its acceptable.

anyone know how fennelly is doing in the qualifiers. last I heard he was third in that group.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

The longer I live here, the more I realise that it's not just crossfit. Bravado is the American way, from driving to cycling, hiking, weightlifting, gun ownership and basically everything. I've yet to hear an American say: "I'm really no good at that".

Absolutely. Safe to assume it wouldn't take much of a leap for a US Crossfitter to come to the conclusion that if you think power cleaning while pregnant is a bad idea that you hate America.

I give Crossfit a hard time but powerlifting in America is just as bad, though admittedly without endangering unborn children.

My facebook timeline tells me the secret to powerlifting is to constantly deload, leave 2 reps in the tank in every workout, promote fascism, thank God for sending teenagers to the middle east to kill other slightly darker teenagers and accuse people of hating freedom/America for loads of different stuff (see fascism).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Hi, I'm having a lifting comp with some friends in 2 weeks. We are gonna compete for one rep max's on bench, squat, dead, p.clean and oh press.
    How should I train for the next two weeks?
    What reps and sets would be best?
    Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭benchppress

you can't fatten a pig on the day of the fair

Cheers for that but I lift already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 67 ✭✭benchppress

That will do pig

That's doesnt change his point.
    What do you expect to get out of two weeks? Less when you allow for a rest before hand.

Just continue as you were, and rest up for testing day.

Mellor wrote: »

That's doesnt change his point.
    What do you expect to get out of two weeks? Less when you allow for a rest before hand.

Just continue as you were, and rest up for testing day.

I usually do 5*5 for a few weeks and 4*10 for a few. I suppose I was wondering if I should do 3 reps or less for the last two weeks or if there was a normal routine to prepare for a max lift

Just an update on my lifts, I decided to do sets of three (heavy) followed by a one rep max attempt.
    This week I broke my PB's in squat, bench and clean. I've been doing 3 weeks of 5*5 followed by 3 weeks of 4*10. So I haven't tested maxs for a while.
    But I'm sure the 2 weeks of 3 reps will help me in my little comp next week.

I finally broke 100kg bench and f#ck me that felt good. Then managed 102.5kg on Friday. (at 80kg body weight)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭COH

The instant injury tsunami bar

What the actual f*ck

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=182&pid=5707

COH wrote: »

What the actual f*ck

Sound like a shake-a-weight for grown ups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Thud

COH wrote: »

What the actual f*ck

Crossfit will be all over this, it's like tha bar is kipping for you

Advertisement