Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Ante Post Pick

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Have a look at the grand national through the app and see
    if it says ante post.
    it says it on the site.

http://www.paddypower.com/racing/future-racing/grand-national-betting

apps have only the capacity to store abbreviated info. PP have the Grand National under "Future Racing." Bet365 have it under "ante post."

Bet365 are paying 5th place already PP are not. when you view the runners on bet365 it doesn't have the ante post heading at the top of the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Have a look at the grand national through the app and see
    if it says ante post.
    it says it on the site.

http://www.paddypower.com/racing/future-racing/grand-national-betting

No mention of ante post on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Who the **** tipped Act Of Kalanisi for the Coral Cup!? :mad:

FFS

Thats the thing about the run up to the festival. Some one will tip the horse you want to be on and ruin the price! God thats annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I took a little bit of 13.0 available on Garde Champatre this morning, on reviewing his last race when most of the principles were involved, he didnt finish like an older horse and that just has to be value with his record..

• Advertisement

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    apps have only the capacity to store abbreviated info. PP have the Grand National under "Future Racing." Bet365 have it under "ante post."

Bet365 are paying 5th place already PP are not. when you view the runners on bet365 it doesn't have the ante post heading at the top of the field.

Apps can store whatever you need them to store, it can be the exact same info scaled down.

Not sure what you are talking about in the second point and I finished discussing it.

As Robbie said it has antepost on the site but not on the mobile site or app, this is mis-selling,

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

aidankkk wrote: »
    I took a little bit of 13.0 available on Garde Champatre this morning, on reviewing his last race when most of the principles were involved, he didnt finish like an older horse and that just has to be value with his record..

Mullins pair look like the ones to beat but you could do alot worse that do Garde each way at 8/1. I'd be extremely disappointed if Garde Champetre wasnt in the first 4. He's better off in the weights and will stay as good as any. I wouldnt be too concerned about his age as experience matters in this more than any other race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Really don't know how Holmwood Legend is 33/1 for the Festival Plate on Thursday. Looks like he's being aimed at this after he won it last year. Back down to a rating of 140, the same rating he nearly beat Poquelin off next time out. Going to walk in to town to back him now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭finbarrk

sting60 wrote: »
    Ted Spread for the Imperial cup at Sandown and the County hurdle,got this of a good source this morning..I was told to do the double.
    Intresting. Will he get into the County Hurdle though? Suppose he will if he wins Saturday.

aidankkk wrote: »
    A New Story is another one that always runs well in this race. Even though he will be the oldest horse he comes alive in this. 16/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

sting60 wrote: »
    I cant even get a price of Paddy Power for the Imperial cup which they sponsor.

Prices up now Ted Spread general 4/1 shot with most. Early money for Pipe's Master of Arts who hasnt been seen over hurdles since finishing 11th in the Triumph Hurdle in 09.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Red Inca e/w in the Fred Winter 2nd day of festival 20/1 at the mo & might get bigger price if you shop around....

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭El Ninotorres

Red Inca e/w in the Fred Winter last day of festival 20/1 at the mo & might get bigger price if you shop around....

It's only 16 with PP from 33.. Were you advised to back this or is it just your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Good friend of mine a trader with bookmaker & he never usually passes on information especially around the festival but he txt me about Red Inca last week. I'm not one for going on about I got a tip for Cheltenham coz everyone has at least 6 tips for each race....

A couple of big e/w bets received on him the 33/1 didn't last long & soon went to 20/1, which, I have him at. My mate never usually tells me anything so read what you like just thought I'd pass on information....

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭El Ninotorres

Good friend of mine a trader with bookmaker & he never usually passes on information especially around the festival but he txt me about Red Inca last week. I'm not one for going on about I got a tip for Cheltenham coz everyone has at least 6 tips for each race....

A couple of big e/w bets received on him the 33/1 didn't last long & soon went to 20/1, which, I have him at. My mate never usually tells me anything so read what you like just thought I'd pass on information....

Aprreciated mate was just wondering what you had heard. Will take a look myself.

Ruby seems to like Ted Spread in the county hurdle, picked it as his charity bet!

Just put 30 quid on Holmwood Legend at 33/1. Can't see him being that price on the day, NRNB too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

My main festival bets are Noble prince, Steps to freedom and Monksland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Just put 30 quid on Holmwood Legend at 33/1. Can't see him being that price on the day, NRNB too
    I can remember Pat Rodford the trainer after the Cheltenham win,brilliant.Karl Burke now trains ,if going strictly on the Pequlin run when he was 10lb out of the handicap he should run a hugh race.He wants top of the ground which he has not got since the Pequlin run but he is now eleven and has not won for Karl Burke and beaten a long way in a veterns race last time out is not good[maybe the ground].Very best of luck.

Cheers sting. I think he's been lined up for this, look how well he was travelling and then dropped back rapidly. Maybe not out to win this term I think.

And sting, he's trained by Kieran Burke now not Karl Burke. I had to check up for myself, but is that the same Kieran Burke who rode him to victory last year??

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Surely snap tie in the county hurdle is worth a bet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

Saw snap tie in stable tour
    He was working with captain Chris I think
    Surely that indicates he won't need the race after his long absence

Paddy Power Racing ‏ @pphorseracing
    Dynasty as good as grand crus - Tom scu

Capt Chris in great form

Paddy Power feed on twitter:

Jonson White fancies village vic bumper

T scu kazlian wouldn't be out of place in triummph

Apparently sommersby has never been fit before this year so champ chase chance

Tom scu grand crus a very nice horse he'll win whatever he runs in

P Hobbs thinks menorah a cert in arkle.... Let's hope so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Am I right in saying Hills special tomorrow is 5/1 Peddlers for the Jewson?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

hucklebuck wrote: »
    Dynasty as good as grand crus - Tom scu

Capt Chris in great form

Paddy Power feed on twitter:

Jonson White fancies village vic bumper

T scu kazlian wouldn't be out of place in triummph

Apparently sommersby has never been fit before this year so champ chase chance

Tom scu grand crus a very nice horse he'll win whatever he runs in

P Hobbs thinks menorah a cert in arkle.... Let's hope so!

I hope somersby goes for the champion chase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 donegal92

At preview night last night in Naas, 2 panelists (think Jessica Harrington and Niall Cronin) descirbed Bob's Worth as the lay of festival. Matt Chapman not a fan at all either - said might be a problem backing a horse that can't jump and doesn't breathe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 donegal92

Remember reading last year that the Imperial Cup winner has an abysmal record at trying to follow up at Cheltenham

ste2010 wrote: »
    I hope somersby goes for the champion chase

I hope Somersby wins the Champion Chase...although I'd be much richer if Realt Dubh won.

No bet, just love the horse. Beautiful animal.
    Looking for better pics, but you generally get lots of pics for winners of races!

21384-somersby.jpg

somersby2.jpg

• Advertisement

donegal92 wrote: »
    Remember reading last year that the Imperial Cup winner has an abysmal record at trying to follow up at Cheltenham

The Pipe family wouldn't say that.

Advertisement