Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I have always thought that it was a waste too.

would that be the same for buses then since their government property ?

but if you did that would taxi drivers not have a hissey fit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

robbie_998 wrote: »
    would that be the same for buses then since their government property ?

but if you did that would taxi drivers not have a hissey fit ?

Buses are semi-state, so not so much, but Garda car tax comes directly out of the tax take. I always thought it was a bit of a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Readings look weird:
    31/05/2011 128,748 Kms (80,000 Mls) Source: INMR
    30/11/2010 95,106 Kms (59,096 Mls) Source: INMR
    05/10/2010 120,701 Kms (75,000 Mls) Source: INMR
    15/06/2010 120,701 Kms (75,000 Mls) Source: INMR
    31/05/2010 120,701 Kms (75,000 Mls) Source: INMR
    29/05/2010 120,701 Kms (75,000 Mls) Source: INMR
    17/06/2009 95,106 Kms (59,096 Mls) Source: INMR
    17/06/2009 59,096 Kms (36,721 Mls) Source: INMR

18/11/2008 95,106 Kms (59,096 Mls) Source: INMR

The earlier one has two different readings taken on the same day? The reading from a year or so later then looks OK as in in-line with it NOT being clocked at that stage. Then the later one is exactly the same mileage as the first discrepancy? And in between there is no change in the reading at all!? That report doesn't make sense to me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

draffodx wrote: »
    Readings look weird:

The earlier one has two different readings taken on the same day? The reading from a year or so later then looks OK as in in-line with it NOT being clocked at that stage. Then the later one is exactly the same mileage as the first discrepancy? And in between there is no change in the reading at all!? That report doesn't make sense to me :confused:
    I wonder is this the same ls 430 that was mentioned in teh Bangernomics thread a few times. More than likely me thinks.....

It was for sale, then gone (off DD) and back for sale on DD, then gone etc. Same pics used every time the car was advertised.
    Maybe the new owner renaged on the deal when they found out about the clocking.

Anyway, ad gone from DD.

166man wrote: »
    Spent a good three hours wandering around town this afternoon, and something struck me, why is that all Garda cars have tax discs on them? Surely it's not necessary? :confused:
    Buses are semi-state, so not so much, but Garda car tax comes directly out of the tax take. I always thought it was a bit of a waste.

The tax disc on AGS vehicles says exempt on it I'm sure, €0 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

RoverJames wrote: »
    The tax disc on AGS vehicles says exempt on it I'm sure, €0 :)

ah right I didn't check them up that close, just saw the date of expiry. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I didn't know that either. That makes some sense.
    I still think its wasteful though, the administration of valid tax accords the whole fleet. If they were exempt from displaying discs that wouldn't have to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Attachment not found.

This was stuck on the window of a car in our carpark last night:D The girl who drives the car has to be the worst parker I have ever seen, every time there is about 50% of the car outside of the space blocking the drive around the car park for everyone else (and where she parks is after 90 degree corner, so it could be quite easy for someone to come round it and drive into the back of her car).

e0043715.jpg

The car was still there this afternoon when I got home, so decided to take a picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Well, the Corsa's sold and will be gone on Friday. €400 isn't bad for a '99 1L with no NCT or tax. Happy with that. The Alfa's up and I'll be happy to get €500 for it with the gearbox and suspension gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

e0043715.jpg

The car was still there this afternoon when I got home, so decided to take a picture.

That's pretty spectacularly bad alright. I could understand maybe close to the outer line, given that there's a wall on the other side, but that's just taking the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Confab wrote: »
    Well, the Corsa's sold and will be gone on Friday. €400 isn't bad for a '99 1L with no NCT or tax. Happy with that. The Alfa's up and I'll be happy to get €500 for it with the gearbox and suspension gone.

Beer money for the weekend!\o/

The timing belt still hanging in on Alfie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Beer money for the weekend!\o/

The timing belt still hanging in on Alfie?

Yeah it's fine, was never a worry tbh.

:eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭johnos1984

Much like holding a loaded gun to your head

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

johnos1984 wrote: »

...and using schrodinger's cat theory as to the outcome of pulling the trigger.

Howz the car hunting going Johno?

Howz the car hunting going Johno?
    I've given a friend in the trade in the UK a chance to source a car. I'll know more at the weekend hopefully. He is an MGR enthusiast and has checked a lot of cars out this week and in his own words "the market is full of overpriced shyte"

I'm looking for an auto diesel 75 or ZT :)

Not everyone's cup of tea but something I like :cool:

I've given a friend in the trade in the UK a chance to source a car. I'll know more at the weekend hopefully. He is an MGR enthusiast and has checked a lot of cars out this week and in his own words "the market is full of overpriced shyte"

Each to their own.

Sure you'll change your mind tomorrow anyhow! :D

Sure you'll change your mind tomorrow anyhow! :D
    This is TRUE

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Got four "new" part worn tyres. Two Verdsteins and Michelins from germany with loads of thread on them. 110 for four, you would be lucky in getting two el cheapo chineese tyres for that money.

• Advertisement

Didn't the 320 pan out John?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

An Irishman moved into a tiny hamlet in County Kerry, walked into the pub and ordered three beers.

The bartender raised his eyebrows, but served the man three beers, which he drank quietly at a table, alone.

An hour later, the man had finished the three beers and ordered three more.

The next evening the man again ordered and drank three beers at a time, several times. Soon the entire town was whispering about the Man Who Orders Three Beers.

Finally, a week later, the bartender broached the subject on behalf of the town. "I don't mean to pry, but folks around here are wondering why you always order three beers?"

'It must seem odd," the man replied, " but, you see, I have two brothers, and one went to America, and the other to Australia. We promised each other that we would always order an extra two beers whenever we drank as a way of keeping up the family bond."

The bartender and the whole town were pleased with this answer, and soon the Man Who Orders Three Beers became a local celebrity and source of pride to the hamlet, even to the extent that out-of-towners would come to watch him drink.

Then, one day, the man came in and ordered only two beers. The bartender poured them with a heavy heart. This went on for the rest of the evening - he ordered only two beers. The word flew around town. Prayers were offered for the soul of one of the brothers.

The next day, the bartender said to the man, "Folks around here, me first of all, want to offer condolences to you for the death of your brother. You know-the two beers and all..."

The man pondered this for a moment, then replied, "You'll be happy to hear that my two brothers are alive and well... It's just that I, myself, have decided to give up drinking for Lent."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

BX 19 wrote: »
    Got four "new" part worn tyres. Two Verdsteins and Michelins from germany with loads of thread on them. 110 for four, you would be lucky in getting two el cheapo chineese tyres for that money.

Size?

Dave and Jim were a couple of drinking buddies who worked as aircraft mechanics in Melbourne, Australia ..
    One day the airport was fogged in and they were stuck in the hangar with nothing to do.

Dave said, 'Man, I wish we had something to drink!'
    Jim says, 'Me too. Y'know, I've heard you can drink jet fuel and get a buzz.You wanna try it?'

So they pour themselves a couple of glasses of high octane booze and get completely smashed.

The next morning Dave wakes up and is surprised at how good he feels.In fact he feels GREAT! NO hangover! NO bad side effects.Nothing!

Then the phone rings. It's Jim. Jim says, 'Hey, how do you feel this morning?'
    Dave says, 'I feel great, how about you?'
    Jim says, 'I feel great, too. You don't have a hangover?

Dave says, 'No that jet fuel is great stuff -- no hangover, nothing. We ought to do this more often..'
    ' Yeah, well there's just one thing.'
    'What's that?'
    'Have you farted yet?'
    'No.'
    'Well, DON'T - cause I'm in New Zealand :D:D

RoverJames wrote: »
    Didn't the 320 pan out John?
    I got afraid of the Turbo stories.

Very nice car though

A lady walks into Harrods. She looks around, spots a beautiful diamond
    bracelet and walks over to inspect it. As she bends over to look more
    closely, she unexpectedly farts.

Very embarrassed, she looks around nervously to see if anyone noticed
    her little woops and prays that a sales person was not anywhere near.
    As she turns around, her worst nightmare materialises in the form of
    a salesman standing right behind her - good looking as well.

Cool as a cucumber, he displays all of the qualities one would expect
    of a professional in a store like Harrods.
    He politely greets the lady with, 'Good day, Madam. How may we help
    you today?

Blushing and uncomfortable, but still hoping that the salesman
    somehow missed her little 'incident', she asks, 'what is the price of
    this lovely bracelet?'

He answers, "Madam - if you farted just looking at it - you're going
    to **** yourself when I tell you the price!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

MugMugs wrote: »
    Size?

165/70 R13.

Small car size basically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

We've turned your passat into a flower bed.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I got afraid of the Turbo stories.

Very nice car though

You got afraid of BMW turbo stories and now you're going for an MG? If stories scare ya....

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Where did you get the partworns? I used Tyreland in Glasnevin before and found them fairly good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement