Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***ALL OT CHAT HERE***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Ah yes..MonAco Grand Prix...and 'Rakkonen' instead of 'Raikkonen'.

'Little Nicky Heidfeld'....ah bless RTE.

dgt, any chance you could upload that VHS to Youtube? I'd love to see RTE's coverage of it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Oh it was BBC on the day, RTE didn't cover F1 until years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Wooooooow!
    1zlymus.jpg

Not sure if illegal?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Cian, are you still not driving yet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Stheno wrote: »
    Everyone I was talking to this week in relation to it were Dublin based, so they'd loads of choice, and for several it came down to the percieved risk of injury, and serious injury at that.

From the non rugby fans, their perceptions were that it was an ultimately dangerous sport when considering the options.

My niece has wrecked herself from playing rugby. She managed to damage her pelvis in a tackle. To this day she is not right and it was nearly two years ago she still needs physio. She has been told she can get an operation to fix it but apparently it can cause her issues later on in life if she were to have children. Now not sure if thats my sister exaggerating the situation but i suppose the pelvis is quite important in a woman!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Drove up to Maynooth from kilkenny this morning 34MPG! Great Success! :p

Looking forward to the F1 at 5:55 saturday morning woop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

swift.JPG

This was stuck on the window of a car in our carpark last night:D The girl who drives the car has to be the worst parker I have ever seen, every time there is about 50% of the car outside of the space blocking the drive around the car park for everyone else (and where she parks is after 90 degree corner, so it could be quite easy for someone to come round it and drive into the back of her car).

swift.JPG

This was stuck on the window of a car in our carpark last night:D The girl who drives the car has to be the worst parker I have ever seen

Ah bless I am actually mortified for her! But at the same time serves her right, it really isn't that hard to park a car.

Payday today :) I love that feeling of being rich for 5 whole minutes before I pay all my bills :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    All good advice, although race helmets and "normal" helmets have completely different testing standards. You wont be allowed race with a road helmet I have tried :)

Hhhmm never knew that. As said, it has been a good few years since I had anything to do with bikes. I personally don't see how their can be any difference with a race helmet and a normal helmet. Surely they are designed the same as they will (unfortunately) be doing the same thing :confused:
    mrs crilly wrote: »
    My niece has wrecked herself from playing rugby. She managed to damage her pelvis in a tackle. To this day she is not right and it was nearly two years ago she still needs physio. She has been told she can get an operation to fix it but apparently it can cause her issues later on in life if she were to have children. Now not sure if thats my sister exaggerating the situation but i suppose the pelvis is quite important in a woman!

To be fair, that could happen in any sport. We could all pull horror stories of sports injuries in every sport. I've played rugby for 20 years, and the worst injury i've ever I had, I picked up playing tag rugby one evening :rolleyes:

BDJW wrote: »
    To be fair, that could happen in any sport. We could all pull horror stories of sports injuries in every sport. I've played rugby for 20 years, and the worst injury i've ever I had, I picked up playing tag rugby one evening :rolleyes:

Totally, sure look you could trip up over a path crossing the road and if you hit your head the wrong way your a gonner.

If we thought like that though we would never leave the house! Or do sport for that matter ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

conzymaher wrote: »

Looking forward to the F1 at 5:55 saturday morning woop

I am in work till 7 that morning, so I'll be watching the first half on the clock :D
    Thank Jebus for sky go.

View2-10546921.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3127222

This thing is in aqbsolutely perfect condition looking at the pics. Hard to believe its 14 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

so they found oil off the coast of cork

what are the bets nothing will change in prices etc and we get invaded by america.

they already have permission to land in shannon :pac:

robbie_998 wrote: »

what are the bets nothing will change in prices etc

Defo won't effect the price at the pumps here anyway. Might encourage further exploration though and create jobs and cashflow into the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

RoverJames wrote: »
    Defo won't effect the price at the pumps here anyway. Might encourage further exploration though and create jobs and cashflow into the economy.

Ya never know, it might effect the Tax once the government apply the "further exploration" tax to the prices at the pumps. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Totally, sure look you could trip up over a path crossing the road and if you hit your head the wrong way your a gonner.

If we thought like that though we would never leave the house! Or do sport for that matter ;)

My worst rugby injury, being caught in a ruck with a steaming hangover and the fattest sweatiest man ever smearing his sweat all over my face and mouth. That day will haunt me forever. :D

MugMugs wrote: »
    My worst rugby injury, being caught in a ruck with a steaming hangover and the fattest sweatiest man ever smearing his sweat all over my face and mouth. That day will haunt me forever. :D
    Now that brings me onto the whole sport and hangover thing, my ex used to play football on a Sunday morning.

Without fail... even if we had been up partying and not been to bed he would still make that match :eek::eek:

How on earth do ya's manage it :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Payday today :) I love that feeling of being rich for 5 whole minutes before I pay all my bills :(

...and the release fee for your car:P

...and the release fee for your car:P

Ah that money was already tucked away in the secret bmw account that he knows nothing about :eek:;)

This is kinda sad and funny all in one, poor bunny wabbit :(

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/rare-rabbit-crushed-by-cameraman-in-german-zoo-543649.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Ah that money was already tucked away in the secret bmw account that he knows nothing about :eek:;)

This is kinda sad and funny all in one, poor bunny wabbit :(

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/rare-rabbit-crushed-by-cameraman-in-german-zoo-543649.html

Well, the Germans did threaten to crush all who stood in their way, bunny wabbits included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

You have to laugh at the zoo directors bluntness - "It was a direct hit."

Now that brings me onto the whole sport and hangover thing, my ex used to play football on a Sunday morning.

Without fail... even if we had been up partying and not been to bed he would still make that match :eek::eek:

How on earth do ya's manage it :eek::eek::eek:

I never ever could manage playing sport with a hangover. Anytime i've tried, it has resulted in seeing the previous nights alcohol and food!!! :o

Anytime i've tried, it has resulted in seeing the previous nights alcohol and food!!! :o

A puke at half time and then you would be roaring to go :pac::pac::pac:

Urgh!

Kinda like the guy who did the race school and he got sick half way around the instructors 2nd lap. His visor started to fill up with vomit it as it had nowhere to go :pac:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

How weak was his stomach, or bad was the instructors driving :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

jenizzle wrote: »
    Cian, are you still not driving yet?!

I've been far to poor to even consider it until now. As soon as I get paid (new job!) I'm going on that Aviva 6 month deal. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Weak stomach we are all excellent drivers esp me :pac: Best thing was when he pulled off the helmet it all flooded out. I couldnt stop laughing :)

Ah jaysus ya durtie bastard......

Kinda like the guy who did the race school and he got sick half way around the instructors 2nd lap. His visor started to fill up with vomit it as it had nowhere to go :pac:

That is rotten!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Spent a good three hours wandering around town this afternoon, and something struck me, why is that all Garda cars have tax discs on them? Surely it's not necessary? :confused:

166man wrote: »
    Spent a good three hours wandering around town this afternoon, and something struck me, why is that all Garda cars have tax discs on them? Surely it's not necessary? :confused:

I have always thought that it was a waste too.

• Advertisement

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3130275
    I am placing this ad, as a warning for anyone who is thinking of buying the 2004 lexus ls 430 pictured above.
    The reg on the car is :
    04 C 17416
    I was interested in this car, so got a Motorcheck report on it, and found out it's been clocked TWICE!
    I have reported it to donedeal, and they did nothing about it.
    The seller (called Oleg) is aware that it's clocked. His number is : 086 6653235
    You can view the motorcheck report here:
    http://www.motorcheck.ie/report/04C17416/XVQW9R
    Just copy and paste that link into your address bar.
    If the report is no longer showing (it only lasts 30 days) email me for a copy.
    Hope this info saves someone from buying a lemon.

Fair play to this guy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement