Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

you can go now if you want then pm the person thats after Volt/Horsebox, if you cant do that ask here and someone else will

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I was just about to make a pick for primal nut, but it's a tag team, are they allowed?

CMpunked wrote: »
    I was just about to make a pick for primal nut, but it's a tag team, are they allowed?

yep you can

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Do I have to wait for Volt and Horsebox or is it my go now?

you can go now, was about to pm you... now instead ill sleep :)

• Advertisement

Pick made, PM sent, time for bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,361 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Has a deadline date been set for the PPV?

Do I need to use everyone on my roster at the PPV in some way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

glenjamin wrote: »
    Pick made, PM sent, time for bed!

think dlo was aleady picked

campo wrote: »
    think dlo was aleady picked

Yup, by spongey. :(

Pick changed. If anybody has him well then, I dunno anymore! Another man for you Nexus Punked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Read some recent write-ups.

caspa - Entertaining show and your card is shaping up well. Nice to see Tiger Mask featuring prominently. :cool:

Spongey - Really liking Barrett's character. One of my favourites in this year's game. Also like Ron Simmons's storyline. Your shows have a nice flow to them when reading.

Liz - Nice concept there with the hardcore title battle royal. Liked who you went with as hardcore champ too as I always liked him with that title.
    JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Has a deadline date been set for the PPV?

Do I need to use everyone on my roster at the PPV in some way?

I think it's up to ourselves who we showcase on the shows and who we don't.

I'm wondering about the end date myself as I'll be really limited for time after next week and so I'll probably have to stick up my final show and PPV by next weekend.

BH, walt, are you lads still on for the combined triple show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

final pick made and PM sent.

hope Glenjamin is happy with my choice for him, I figured Jeff has had a good few personae which gives options (had one particular one in mind but don't want to influence Glen's writeup)

going to squeeze in my last house show about 6pm tomorrow (been very busy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I am for sure accidentally erased what i had written just waiting for some free time to rewrite the show plus the PPV for myself.

I think it's up to ourselves who we showcase on the shows and who we don't.

I'm wondering about the end date myself as I'll be really limited for time after next week and so I'll probably have to stick up my final show and PPV by next weekend.

yes tis up to ourselves who we showcase on the shows and you have no obligation for example to include anyone someone else picked for you in this round.

No decision has been made yet on how long we will have atm but I still have my last show and PPV to write at this stage and im finding it hard to find time to write atm, others may be in the same situation so there may be say 2 weeks to write it (could be less/more dependant on peoples opinions and speed of responses) all up and submit it in the other thread.

and yeah MNG im up for doing that still but as said the last 2 weeks ive had very little time to write (the missus has had 2 weeks off as she changes jobs and ive had less free time for such things as a result) but intend to get back to that soon. Probably after I finish my last house show but thats dependant on when you / walt want to put the thing up I guess.

A few people suggested this too but when we vote for a winner, there will probably be multiple votes including one for an overall winner then lesser ones like best roster, best value individual pick, best feud, best show etc (wont actually be too many)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

im hoping to get a house show up before monday

Aw crap. I missed the boat not drafting ODB.
    :(

CMpunked wrote: »
    Aw crap. I missed the boat not drafting ODB.
    :(

well you havent made a pick yourself this round, so technically you could pick another female wrestler, and I could trade with you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Sorry guys, been so busy with college work and the fact my old laptop died with my write ups on it didn't help.

Hopefully in the next few days i'll be able to write some shows up as catch up...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I've been left hanging. :(

I've been left hanging. :(

And Garseys hasnt made a pick for you either :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I've finally posted my third show after a nearly one-month break. I'm working tonight but should have plenty of free time so I am going to try to finish off writing the rest of the shows, as I will continue not to much time after this!! For my main storyline I wrote all the segments before my first show was even posted and the plan was 5 shows and a PPV...might try to compress the next two shows into 1!

I'm reading over all the shows I missed in the evaluation thread...lots of interesting things happening!! :D

finally done my last TV show. Jaysus it took ages and had to include so much stuff promo wise just to introduce many new wrestlers aswell as stips etc for the PPV and finish of the builds for those already in place. Feedback of course is welcome

now to look at the tri promotional write up and my own PPV next

read yours earlier too primal and must say I realy like the way you use Sheamus, esp enjoy his commentary with JR.

my PPV card
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmfArBtXTBpSbxVF-iuQv0eHpv-ZZjT_G69QevWDz75KrnxEEcv6CVVy0Qsw
    BWA No Way Out - PPV Card

BWA World title match
    Bryan Danielson vs Triple H

Loser loses his mask
    Rey Mysterio vs Blue Demon vs Mil Mascaras

BWA GMship on the line
    Johnny Ace vs Gino Monsoon - Special Ref: Shane Douglas

Intercontinental title match
    WGS leader Jeff Jarrett vs Muhammad Hassan

Grudge match
    Killer Kowalski vs Kenta Kobashi

BWA tag team title ladder match
    Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas vs Masato Tanaka & Hayabusu

First ever BWA deathmatch
    Necro Butcher vs Akebono

PPV opener
    WGS member Dan Severn vs Blue Demon Jr

Locally advertised Pre-PPV dark match
    Shinjiro Otani vs Shane Douglas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Disclaimer: The Malenko/Richards best in the world feud was planned before Jericho and Punk started their angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

finally done my last TV show. Jaysus it took ages and had to include so much stuff promo wise just to introduce many new wrestlers aswell as stips etc for the PPV and finish of the builds for those already in place. Feedback of course is welcome

now to look at the tri promotional write up and my own PPV next

read yours earlier too primal and must say I realy like the way you use Sheamus, esp enjoy his commentary with JR.

Thanks BH, have a different wrestler joining JR each week makes it fun to write. Plenty of possibilities with Sheamus but my write up was long enough.

You're last write is very detailed up. Some really cool promos. I enjoyed the first half will try to read the other half later.

It's hard to read every evaluation report so I think I will just focus on the PPVs themselves when voting for a winner.

-Whoops didnt actually realise that Walt was last in that round so we are now officially finished drafting! almost exactly 2 months it took.

Okay starting now people have 2 weeks (provisionally, if people say now that a different limit would be more suitable I'll consider changing it) to submit their PPVs in the evaluation thread. If people are struggling for time this limit can be re-evaluated but there will not be a huge change either way i.e we wont be adding an extra 2 weeks after the limit passes.

Once the time limit has passed and hopefully most have submitted their PPVs We will have our vote. I will also PM Horsebox and Volt again saying that if they wish they can make make up picks now and still submit a PPV card but honestly im not too hopefull either will at this stage. I will leave the picks thread open for a few days however just in case.

good luck on your write ups folks

Gotta ask, who the hell is Jeff Farmer???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

final show up, for some reason pic links didnt work will edit them in the morning lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

My PPV is up all so feedback welcome

May I tank D2D and BH for running this years draft been tough at times but from a Personal stand point I really enjoyed it and look forward to reading everyones PPV.

Good luck all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Been reading write-ups I missed. Some thoughts...

A Primal Nut - I liked the Bruno angle and him not enjoying the sports entertainment stuff. Lovely idea. Sheamus's commentary was great too. A super main event on the show too and you've a really strong main event for Battle-Mania.

BH - A very strong final show. Good matches on offer with enjoyable promos as well. I liked the angle involving Johnny trying to screw Monsoon. That made me laugh. :pac: Really enjoyed those two characters throughout. Will you stop may be my favourite catchphrase this year. The main event remains one of my eagerly awaited ones. I'm really curious to see who comes out on top in that one. Same goes for evil Rey's mask match-up.

Machismo - I liked the tournament concept. They make for fun reads. The Cena promo was excellent. You did a great job hyping that and I was very impressed with that as it increased my interest in that feud. Great work. I liked that bit about him unhappy that fans cheer for Jeff even though he's a screw up and the tease you did there was quality (fooled me too!)

caspa - I like seeing Biker Taker. Not sure if anyone ever used Taker this way in the Draft before. Cool stip for the Steen match too. Also liked the hardcore title angle involving Homicide. You've done a very nice job making your card's matches come across important.

I'm working on my last show at the minute. I'm wondering has anyone found themselves pleasantly surprised writing for a certain character? For example in my case I'm just having The Crippler Ray Stevens try to cripple people every week but it's great fun writing for him. Anybody have a character that has surprised them by how fun they are to write for?
    campo wrote: »
    My PPV is up all so feedback welcome

May I tank D2D and BH for running this years draft been tough at times but from a Personal stand point I really enjoyed it and look forward to reading everyones PPV.

Good luck all

Ooh just saw this now after coming into the thread. The PPV is up? Lovely stuff. Think that's the first PPV done. I'm gonna grab a drink and check it out in a few moments. Looking forward to it. Will add my thoughts shortly. :cool:

Advertisement