Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

caspa307 wrote: »
    happend to me yesterday :(

and me twice over the past week cos the touch pad (backup option) is too sensitive on my new computer. Just wrote my main event though so should hopefully get finished on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I got my PPV up. Was a lot of work but I enjoyed writing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

And that's all my shows done and dusted.

And that's all my shows done and dusted.

Well done. Very nice main event!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Man this is tough work. Five shows done and have two days to write my PPV. Cutting it close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,371 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'll have my ppv up tomorrow it will be basic write up i.e. small as I lost some of it and really didnt want to write all again so sorry folks

ok voting info:

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday you will have to read all submitted Entries and make your votes (Via PM to me).

Late PPV are allowed to be posted during this time but people may have already voted or may not have gotten to read them due to their late posting so get them in as early as possible.

the voting will be done in 3 catagories and in each I will ask for a top 5 to be submitted. The catagories are as follows:

Best picked roster
    Best write up
    Pick for overall winner

and you cannot vote for yourself

for example I could submit the following

Best picked roster
    1. Diabhal Beag 2. The Flah 3. Ger C 4. Kentonbomb 5.Gimmick

Best write up

Pick for overall winner

therefore in each catogory I would have caused the people I voted for to get the following points.

Diabhal Beag 5 The Flah 4 Ger C 3 Kentonbomb 2 Gimmick 1

a simple system were first place gets 5pts towards an overall tally, 2nd gets 4 and so on and whichever drafter has the highest tally at the end of all votes is the winner in each catogory with the final catagory deciding the overall winner.

Over the weekend I will then total up the votes and before Wrestlemania airs will hopefully have the winner announced. As done previously ill then post all the PMs in here later to show that all votes were counted etc.

should have my PPV up soon, it's soo long and even references the tri branded BWA/MNG/WECWF show that hasnt aired yet but given the format you wouldnt neccesarily have had to have read all my previous shows for the build up so hopefully the lenght isnt too bad for people.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,114 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'm having to race through this.

i may only get finished tomorrow, but that's ok, i've had enough time!

but it will all be done, in some way shape or form, by this time tomorrow or earlier hopefully.

halfway through the feuds, putting them up as i go along, and i know what i'm doing for them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

yeah i think im gonna have to do a watered down version of what i originally planned

• Advertisement

Finally ppv done and up :) blood, swear and tears gone into it, sorry if it seems a bit all over the place at times, enjoy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

BH Can i ask about the voting we have to vote for best write up and over all winner but surely the best write up and over all winner would be the same maybe just reading it wrong

Got my PPV posted with 10 minutes to spare, phew. Lot of work put into it tonight, i never learn and should never leave it until the last minute.

As for the voting, i would have thought as well that best write up and overall winner is the same thing but i may be mistaken.

Anyways time for reading over the next few days, looking forward to all the shows :D:D:D

mine will be there tommorrow at some stage, just had a lot of stuff go wrong today

as regards the 3 votes and the difference between them:

Best picked roster = would be your own interpretation as with all 3 but I guess whoever you think picked the best roster before they were each showcased in the evaluation thread in ways that could change your mind.

Best write ups meanwhile would = just what has been put in the evaluation thread.

The Overall vote then for a lot of people could be the same as the 3nd one as many have suggested but others may not interpret things that way and might put more emphasis on the roster selected or the longevity a roster/promotion could or..yada yada yada...

anywhoo I just pmd most people (can only do 15 per pm, will check who I missed in a mo) just now so even if they havent seen the thread they should know the stage were at atm.

Almost finished reading my 3rd ppv but damn have I been busy these past few days, good stuff tho so far. Wonde will that tri-promotional show ever see the light of day

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Any chance of extending the voting deadline by a week? I've got loads of stuff going on as I think a few of us have and with Wrestlemania on the horizon that might get in the way somewhat.

If not, no worries and I'll do my best.

i know its like 12 hours late but mines up...... slightly watered down but its there :D

caspa307 wrote: »
    i know its like 12 hours late but mines up...... slightly watered down but its there :D

better late than never :D Im only starting reading them so wont reach yours til later in week

yeah im gonna watch raw and read them in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Is it too late to do up a PPV? Completely lost track of time and time constraints didn't help either.

• Advertisement

glenjamin wrote: »
    Is it too late to do up a PPV? Completely lost track of time and time constraints didn't help either.

It's not too late, a lot of people have been putting in late ppvs and I've not gotten any votes yet, if anything the opposite, with 1 or 2 looking for another extension just so they can read everything. Considering adding the pre mania weekend to voting time but ATM... I gotta go to work :(

Yes WM kinda overshadowing the draft probably best to extend the voting

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Reeeeally sorry about the delay in putting up my ppv. :o
    Gonna be throwing it up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,114 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i know we want this out the way, but maybe just an extension until after Wrestlemania wouldn't be a bad thing.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i know we want this out the way, but maybe just an extension until after Wrestlemania wouldn't be a bad thing.

True, it's not just about writing your own PPV, but I want to read everyone else's too which will take time!

As of right now the deadline is once wrestlemania is over. Considering the awward timing of the drafts conclusion though WM & St Patricks day another day or two to allow more shows are read is feasable.

I have recieved 1 set of votes already. I am willing to accept if that person wishes to alter their vote with a second PM but would ask that (and this would apply to anyone else who gets votes in early) if two submissions are close in your ranking you consider which one was done by the deadline in choosing which to place slightly higher.

Hope thats alright by all. As I said there is leeway in the system for a possible extension again aswell as votes to be changed and for PPVs still to be submitted during voting time.

As of right now the deadline is once wrestlemania is over. Considering the awward timing of the drafts conclusion though WM & St Patricks day another day or two to allow more shows are read is feasable.

I have recieved 1 set of votes already. I am willing to accept if that person wishes to alter their vote with a second PM but would ask that (and this would apply to anyone else who gets votes in early) if two submissions are close in your ranking you consider which one was done by the deadline in choosing which to place slightly higher.

Hope thats alright by all. As I said there is leeway in the system for a possible extension again aswell as votes to be changed and for PPVs still to be submitted during voting time.

sounds great personally ill read whats up over the weekend and get you my votes by monday evening-tuesday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just been skimming over the write-up thread. I'll try and give some feedback on the shows over the weekend. Anyone have a list of those who have submitted and need to submit so I know what submissions have still to come? I'll probably try and get my votes in on Sunday afternoon.

Advertisement