Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

caspa307 wrote: »
    new show up all critcs wanted ;)

will try and give some feedback when i get a chance to read it man.

About Horsebox, He missed his previous go and missed the chance to have a makeup pick at which time he hadnt been online in around 4 days iirc, someone earlier posted that he has again not been on for around this much time so it is obviously a serious possibility that he might miss his go and we will potentially have to decide what to do with his participation if he misses out on his makeup pick this time too. I'd assume he got a pm when it was his go this time and i pmd him about the make up pick last time so that shouldnt be an issue.

If it comes to it I may put up another poll to decide but what do you think we should do this year if someone cannot continue. Find another alternate at this late stage, raffle off his roster, make them available for the final round or make those picks off limit, what do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

will try and give some feedback when i get a chance to read it man.

About Horsebox, He missed his previous go and missed the chance to have a makeup pick at which time he hadnt been online in around 4 days iirc, someone earlier posted that he has again not been on for around this much time so it is obviously a serious possibility that he might miss his go and we will potentially have to decide what to do with his participation if he misses out on his makeup pick this time too. I'd assume he got a pm when it was his go this time and i pmd him about the make up pick last time so that shouldnt be an issue.

If it comes to it I may put up another poll to decide but what do you think we should do this year if someone cannot continue. Find another alternate at this late stage, raffle off his roster, make them available for the final round or make those picks off limit, what do you guys think?

I would vote for raffle similar to what we did with Pingu as that made it a bit interesting to see who we got

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

:(

Would u come back?

It is a shame lose anyone at this stage

#BRINGBACKTSC

Get it trending

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Would u come back?

It is a shame lose anyone at this stage

never thought about that option actually, Im sure thatd be the easiest option assuming you wanted to again and that nobody would object to it (infact id guess itd be the opposite.

Will the last round draw go up today?

Ill be online for the next few hours id assume and if we get through a few picks it will probably be up today but with the speed we would be going tommorow would be more likely. Considering im in shaghai though and therefore several hours ahead, id guess it would be up from whenever you start your day tommorow anyway

edit: Volt is next (an co-incidentally he is the other person who missed his go last time) so if someone could pm him when the time limit is passed it could help too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would u come back?

I can't say I'm not tempted; when I saw Horse was gone, I did think of saying I'd jump back in. But the truth is the motivation hasn't really come back. There's no way I'd write what needs to be written, unless I just did it for the sake of doing it, which is the reason I dropped out initially. So nothing is changed there really. Sorry :/

It's a shame though. I don't want to see the nWo spilt up, or Brock/Bobby cut or anything like that :( If there is a raffle though, can I help orgnaise it? Maybe try and come up with some special way of doing it (as in distrubiting people based on who could fit into which roster best, and other stips?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

If you decide on doing a raffle then count me out of it. It's too late in the draft to try and figure out where someone like Lesnar would fit in my plans that I've had for the last month. I'm happy enough with my roster despite its lack of star power. Whatever you decide on can you make it quick? It feels like forever this draft is going on and it's really starting to get boring when you're lucky to be making one pick a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

glenjamin wrote: »
    If you decide on doing a raffle then count me out of it. It's too late in the draft to try and figure out where someone like Lesnar would fit in my plans that I've had for the last month. I'm happy enough with my roster despite its lack of star power. Whatever you decide on can you make it quick? It feels like forever this draft is going on and it's really starting to get boring when you're lucky to be making one pick a week.

although it gives time to write shows lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I think its too late to raffle off his picks. I know in my case i have my plans set in stone and dont want to consider changing that to bring in someone from somebody's roster.

I think we should leave their rosters be (Horsebox and Volt). If they get back here then i'll be for letting them make catch up picks to complete their rosters. If they dont then nobody else gets their picks and we'll be two men down for the PPV write ups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I have no objections to people getting wrestlers from someone who has dropped out.
    But I'm happier myself as I am.
    I've both my last house show and ppv all planned out in my head, and if I was to take part in a raffle like that, I'd have to chop & change too much to fit in whoever I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think its too late to raffle off his picks. I know in my case i have my plans set in stone and dont want to consider changing that to bring in someone from somebody's roster.

I think we should leave their rosters be (Horsebox and Volt). If they get back here then i'll be for letting them make catch up picks to complete their rosters. If they dont then nobody else gets their picks and we'll be two men down for the PPV write ups

I'd be inclined to agree.

It's rare that everyone finishes the game so I'd say at this late stage put the roster out of the game if the participants can't continue. My plans are likewise sorted and a big star name would really screw things up.

Also folks are we able to move on to the next pick now? Last pick was Wednesday at 5 p.m. so that's over two days ago.

I agree with glenjamin that these delays could prove really detrimental if they continue. I'd suggest sending PMs to Volt and Horse asking them to reply by Monday at the latest on whether they wish to continue as we really need to crack on.

if its been 2 days that means it must be me now. Will have my pick up shortly

pick made, pm sent

as posted in the other thread heres the final rd draw
    1.SlickRic
    2.Spongey
    3.TheBostonCrab
    4.Furious-Red
    5.campo
    6.BH
    7.Liz (tbc..........)
    8.D2D
    9.Cactus Colm
    10.Caspa
    11.MNG
    12.A Primal Nut
    13.CMPunked
    14.Volt
    15.Horsebox
    16.glenjamin
    17.the groutch
    18.Machismo Fan
    19.Garseys
    20.Walter

Timestamp: 2012-02-25 07:47:17 UTC

Partial stip round

In this round you first pick your promotions final personally selected draft pick, then you make a draft on behalf of the person places above you in the order of the draw. No.1 will make a pick for no.20s roster.

for instance I drew no.6 here so id make my pick then draft no.5s (Campo's) final pick before getting my final pick made for me by the no.7 picker (Liz)

pick made, pm sent

as posted in the other thread heres the final rd draw

Partial stip round

In this round you first pick your promotions final personally selected draft pick, then you make a draft on behalf of the person places above you in the order of the draw. No.1 will make a pick for no.20s roster.

for instance I drew no.6 here so id make my pick then draft no.5s (Campo's) final pick before getting my final pick made for me by the no.7 picker (Liz)

does that mean we get two wrestlers in this round?

yes

Pick made PPV card is now looking like

CWA Heavyweight Title
    JBL Vs Nikita Koloff Vs Booker T

CWA Legends Title
    Eddie Guerrero (w Mr.T ) Vs Rowdy Roddy Piper ( w Vickie Guerrero )

CWA Tag Team Titles
    Harlem Heat Vs The Gangstas

Miz & Waylon Mercy Vs Mr.Wonderful & Abyss

TLC Match ( Table ladders and closets )
    Pat Patterson Vs Orlando Jordan

Next 2 picks will also face off against one another so be kind BH

And I will have a special edition of Pipers Pit with Verne Gagne as his guest.

campo wrote: »
    TLC Match ( Table ladders and closets )
    Pat Patterson Vs Orlando Jordan

I like that :D. Nice use for my former employee.

• Advertisement

My next pick is Mark Haskins
    liz has him boss

:confused:

:confused:
    nevermind im confusing myself

nevermind im confusing myself

I think Furious Red took him in the previous round so he has two versions of him :D Haskins vs Haskins at his PPV :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think Furious Red took him in the previous round so he has two versions of him :D Haskins vs Haskins at his PPV :D

Ha totally forgot i had him

Ha totally forgot i had him

lol i got soo confused cos i knew he had been picked and so i searched for him the first thing that came up was liz's post of all the rosters so i assumed it was liz :o *feels slightly silly*

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

so is it now my go?

i'd no idea that it might be my go.

i pick for myself, then for Walt?

Guess you didn't get a pm but yep it's you and yeah after your pick you can make one last draft, this time on behalf of walt who was drawn no.20
    SlickRic wrote: »
    so is it now my go?

i'd no idea that it might be my go.

i pick for myself, then for Walt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Thanks Slick, thats an awesome pick:cool:

Next 2 picks will also face off against one another so be kind BH

Will try and do so but this stip being at the end should mean that most should have no worries about who they get drafted for them as they wouldn't have expected another wrestler for their card. Instead we might see more storyline / comedy potentially enhancing drafts for rosters or enhancement talent / T&A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Casandro is one I wanted right from the start but figured I could leave until the end, and I'm glad I was right :)

Hope you can use Candino Spongey, a guy I was close to taking a few times myself!

Advertisement