Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Anybody have a character that has surprised them by how fun they are to write for?

I love Monty Brown. I can't wait to write his go home promo, I already have it planned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

campo wrote:
    My PPV is up all so feedback welcome

Great stuff. Loved reading it, particularly the Eddie/Piper match. I'll have to spoiler the rest...
    The piper's pit segment made me laugh. You've had good humour throughout your shows. I especially liked the Irish banks bit. The tables, ladders, closet concept worked great I thought. Top marks for that. Eddie/Piper has been one of my favourite feuds this year and the pay-off didn't disappoint. Loved the idea of Vickie getting a frog splash. Didn't see that coming but it was great and reminded me of when HHH gave Steph a pedigree at WM18. Piper winning I think was the right call. Also enjoyed Koloff bringing JBL's reign to an end and you thought of a fun way to write it. Poor Booker T but I guess it's his own fault for showing off.

Fun matches, nice ideas, picks used well - that's what it's all about. I think you'll be in everyone's minds come voting time. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Great stuff. Loved reading it, particularly the Eddie/Piper match. I'll have to spoiler the rest...
    The piper's pit segment made me laugh. You've had good humour throughout your shows. I especially liked the Irish banks bit. The tables, ladders, closet concept worked great I thought. Top marks for that. Eddie/Piper has been one of my favourite feuds this year and the pay-off didn't disappoint. Loved the idea of Vickie getting a frog splash. Didn't see that coming but it was great and reminded me of when HHH gave Steph a pedigree at WM18. Piper winning I think was the right call. Also enjoyed Koloff bringing JBL's reign to an end and you thought of a fun way to write it. Poor Booker T but I guess it's his own fault for showing off.

Fun matches, nice ideas, picks used well - that's what it's all about. I think you'll be in everyone's minds come voting time. :cool:

Cheers MNG chuffed at feedback and appreciate it regards a character I enjoyed writing for without doubt it was Piper but also Waylon Mercy which suprised even me

Just put up my final TV show. Feedback welcome. I decided on a preview show instead of a fifth TV show.

I had to reveal a spoiler from the planned triple show for storyline purposes but I've endeavoured not to give much away.

I'll try and get my PPV sorted for the weekend as I'll be limited time-wise after that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Read your PPV finally last night Campo, will give proper feedback soon (trying to write my own stuff atm) but I def liked.

MNG ill try and have a few triple branded ppv matches done in the next day or so too. Then work on my own PPV

• Advertisement

Just read Primal House show and have to say I am loving the Mean Street Smarks probaly the most original idea in this years draft very well done

Should have some feedback soon for MNG

Looiking forward to all the PPV write ups

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

1. Cactus Colm ______Kurt Angle, Terry Gordy & "Dr Death" Steve Williams, Bret Hart, The Motor City Machine Guns, Ax & Smash aka Demolition, Hardcore Holly, The Eliminators aka Perry Saturn & John Kronus, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Buddy "Jack" Roberts & Michael Hayes, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Jim Neidhart, Danny Davis, Stu Hart, Brian Crush Adams, Haku, Rob Conway

2. Walter ___________ CM Punk, Kerry Von Erich, Jake Roberts, Ted DiBiase Snr, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Vince McMahon, Iron Sheik, Super Crazy & Psicosis, Junkyard Dog, The Nasty Boys, Harley Race, Juventud Guerrera, Kevin & David Van Erich, Sandman, Nikolai Volkoff, Linda McMahon, "Sensational" Sherri Martel, Virgil

3. Machismo Fan ____ John Cena, Yokozuna, Jeff Hardy, Vader, Dean Malenko, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards, Diamond Dallas Page, Jack Evans & Roderick Strong, Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino, Monty Brown, Billy Kidman, Michael Elgin, Pac, The Rock and Rave Infection aka Lance Hoyt & Jimmy Rave, The Naturals aka Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens, Simon Dean

4. Teamshadowclan/Horsebox9000 __ Brock Lesnar, Ric Flair, Kevin Nash, Carlito, Santino, Bobby Lashley, Scott Hall, X Pac, BWO aka Stevie Richards & Blue Meanie, Gail Kim, Awesome Kong aka Kharma, Robbie E, Petey Williams

5. CMpunked _______ Randy Orton, Andre the Giant, Sting, Big Show, Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater, Mark Henry, Mason Ryan, Frankie Kazarian & Eric Young, Teddy Long, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Kid Kash, Luke Gallows, Lou Thesz, Serena, Husky Harris

6. BH _____________ Daniel Bryan, Killer Kowalski & Gorilla Monsoon, Triple H, Kenta Kobashii & Johnny Ace aka John Laurinaitis, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Jeff Jarrett, Muhammad Hussan, Hayabusa & Masato Tanaka, Mil Máscaras, Rey Mysterio, Necro Butcher, Dan "The Beast" Severn,
    Blue Demon, Shinjiro Otani & Akebono, Blue Demon Jnr, Shane Douglas

7. A Primal Nut _____ Sheamus, Crash Holly, Hulk Hogan, R-Truth & Road Dogg Jesse James, Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty aka 2 Cool, Shane McMahon, The Dream Team aka Greg The Hammer Valentine & Brutus The Barber Beefcake, Billy Gunn & Bart Gunn, Bruno Sammartino, The Honky Tonk Man, Jim Ross, Brian Christopher aka Grandmaster Sexay, Mean Street Posse aka Pete Gas & Rodney, Joey Abs, The Great Khali, Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch

8. SlickRic _________ AJ Styles, Mr Perfect, The Road Warriors, Jay & Mark Briscoe, Masahiro Chono, Bob Sapp, "Magnum TA" Terry Allen & "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, "Superstar" Billy Graham, Muhammad Ali, King Kong Bundy, Takeshi Morishima & Naomichi Marufuji, Dean Ambrose,"Classy" Freddie Blassie, Cowboy Bob Orton & Don Muraco, Tyson Tomko, Genichiro Tenryu

9. Garseys _________ Dolph Ziggler, Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Kanyon, Edge, The Kings of Wrestling aka Claudio Castagnoli & Chris Hero, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder, La Resistance aka Sylvain et René, Michael Cole, Chris Masters, Epico & Hunico, Raven, Tommy Dreamer, Stacy Keibler, Jazz, Mike Knox, Boogeyman

10. TheBostonCrab __ Alberto Del Rio, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Vampiro & The Great Muta, Sin Cara & El Hijo Del Santo, Low Ki & Christopher Daniels, Colt Cabana & El Generico, Chavo Guerrero Jnr, The Great Sasuke, El Santo & Gory Guerrero, Stan Hansen, Ricardo Rodriguez, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Jun Akiyama, Último Guerrero, Casandro, Allison Danger

11. Campo _________ The Miz, Eddie Guerrero, Dan " Waylon Mercy " Spivey, JBL, Abyss, Harlem Heat aka Ahmed Johnson & Stevie Ray, Booker T, Mr.Wonderful Paul Orndoff & Roddy Piper, Mr. T, Nikita Koloff, The Gangstas aka New Jack & Mustafa Saed, Vickie Guerrero, Verne Gagne, Pat Patterson, Orlando Jordan, Steve Corino, Michael Kirchner aka Leatherface

12. The Groutch _____ Jay Lethal, The Big Bossman, Mick Foley, Austin Aries, The Hurricane & Rosey, The Osirian Portal aka Amasis and Ophidian, The Mountie Jacques Rougeau, Kai En Tai aka Sho Funaki & Taka Michinoku, Giant Haystacks, The Natural Disasters aka John Tenta & Fred Ottman, Brooklyn Brawler, Test & Albert, Buddy Rodgers, Stan Saxon aka Brother Midnight, Daffney, ODB

13. Liz (tbc.......) ___ Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase Jr, Brian Pillman, Christian, London Brawling aka Desmond Wolfe & Magnus, MNM aka John Morrison & Joey Mercury, James Storm, Michael McGuillicutty & David Otunga, Divas of Doom aka Beth Phoenix and Natalya, Bobby The Brain Heenan, Teddy Hart, Lita, The Lethal Weapon aka Steve Blackman, Ricky Steamboat Jr, Jimmy Wang Yang, Tyler Reks, Rob Terry

14. D2D____________ Air Boom, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Max & Jeremy Buck, Jack Swagger, Age of the Fall aka Tyler Black & Jimmy Jacobs, Matt Hardy & MVP, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, Shaquille "Shaq" O'Neill, Amazing Red, Alex Riley, Ezekiel Jackson, Yoshi Tatsu, Mike Quackenbush, One Man Gang

15. Furious-Red______ Robert Roode, Mike Awesome, The Rock, The Dudley Boyz, Brian Kendrick & Paul London, Tajiri & Rhyno, Brodus Clay, The Beautiful People aka Angelina Love & Velvet Sky, Douglas Williams, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Shannon Moore & Jesse Neal, Zema Ion, Mark Haskins, Jesse Sorensen, Chris Harris, Justin Credible

16. MNG____________ Dave Batista, Mitsuharu Misawa, Shawn Michaels, The Ultimate Warrior, Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane aka The Midnight Express, Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson aka The Rock' n' Roll Express, Jim Cornette, Trish Stratus, Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens, Manami Toyota, Konnan, The New Rockers aka Marty Jannetty and Al Snow, Mickie James, Aja Kong, Eugene, Shawn Stasiak & Chuck Palumbo

17. Glenjamin________ Samoa Joe, Bruiser Brody, Dynamite Kid, Fergal Devitt, David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd, Sgt. Slaughter, Barry Windham, Umaga, Jesse Ventura, Dusty Rhodes, Golddust, Wild Samoans aka Afa & Sika, Chyna, L.A. Warren, Eve Torres, Jeff Farmer

18. Volt_____________ Ken Anderson, Rick Rude, Ricky Steamboat, Sabu and Tazz, William Regal & Lance Storm,Eric Bischoff, 'Psycho' Sid Eudy, Ultimo Dragon, Terry Funk, Armando Alejandro Estrada, West Hollywood Blondes aka Lenny & Lodi, The Natural Born Thrillers aka Sean O'Haire & Mark Jindrak

19. Flah/Caspa307 _____________ Kenta, The Undertaker, Chris Benoit, Tiger Mask, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Ken Shamrock, Lex Luger, Kensuke Sasaki, Kevin Steen, The DudeBusters aka Trent Barreta & Caylen Croft, Homicide, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Jerry Lynn, The Usos aka Jimmy & Jey Uso, The Harris Brothers, Gunner, Val Venis

20. Spongey_________ Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre, Randy Savage, Goldberg, Kane, Pope D'Angelo Dinero, Bob Backlund, Finlay, Stephanie McMahon, Ron Simmons, Strike Force aka Tito Santana & Rick Martel, D'Lo Brown & The Godfather, Jamie Noble, Matt Morgan & Hernandez, Paul Burchill & Dave Taylor, Gillberg, Chris Candino

(Please have a look and check if all the rosters are correct)

Any sign of anyone else putting up a PPV it has been a while since I stuck up mine,

• Registered Users Posts: 36,115 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'll have some stuff up this week.

i'll do my build ups like Flah did last year if i can (if any of you remember) - taking each feud individually, and describing each week of TV in a nutshell, and hopefully in an entertaining enough fashion!

i haven't had a lot of time to do TV shows, but this method should give a good flavour for the feuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

hoping to get mine up before friday (new baby makes it hard lol)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I'll be honest, I've completely forgotten about the draft with all that's going on in my life atm. It's pretty doubtful I'll be able to come up with a PPV at this rate:(

Sorry again :(

I'll be honest, I've completely forgotten about the draft with all that's going on in my life atm. It's pretty doubtful I'll be able to come up with a PPV at this rate:(

Sorry again :(

Thats a shame D2D, you could just throw up a ppv card if you cant write a detailed ppv

I will try and get a quick 3rd tv show up before the ppv, btw when is the ppv deadline date?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The second of my four shows in four days just posted. When's the official deadline?

i'd appreciate an extension of the deadline until Wednesday.

if that's not possible, i understand, and i'll do my best.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'd appreciate an extension of the deadline until Wednesday.

if that's not possible, i understand, and i'll do my best.

Well considering we only have 2 PPVs up , I would not mind if people need a little extra time up to BH of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I still have 2 more shows to put up before my PPV which im hoping to put up tonight and tomorrow night so i dont really fancy having to write my PPV over the weekend (could be slightly intoxicated :D) I'd be open to an extension as well

+ 1 for extension please

on the 5th I said 2 weeks so the 19th was to be the official submission date. However I did kind of expect an extension of some sorts at the time and considering St Patricks day on Saturday lets say Monday 28th. 1 Week extension, and when Raw starts that night the deadline will officially pass and only those posted before then will be eligable to be voted on.

There will probably also be a few days period given for votes as tbh just reading everything is difficult. I had been trying to read each time the evaluation thread was updated personally but kinda fell behind a bit since the drafting stopped.

1 week is awesome; that should be no bother to me.

good call.

i just hope a fair few people get submissions in. it'd be a shame for this to fall at the last hurdle.

I'll try and get my PPV up over the next few days. I haven't had much free time the past week or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Read over the 2 PPVs so far (think there are only 2 so far). I liked how Campo showed the buildup before each match and the matches were a lot of fun.

Great stuff by Walter also, although I was disappointed not to see any snakes. :D

Lots of great matches and the Vince-DiBiase storyline and match were highlights for me and obviously Punk-Roberts as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Excellent stuff MNG, enjoyed reading it. That main event in particular was very well written and will take some beating!

Great read MNG What I really liked about your PPV was the fact that you give details of why you booked the match and what you would do in the future, For next years draft I will be robbing this

Walter your PPV was really gritty and dark but I loved it for those reasons, It would defo be a PPV for a true wrestliing fan

LWE Interim General Manager Bobby Heenan has issued a statement that despite his arrest at the end of last week's Friday Night Ignition show Cody Rhodes will still be in the main event at the WrestleMayhem PPV this Sunday night from Madison Sqaure Garden New York. Heenan has also cancelled the pre show press conference as it could turn into a bloodbath brawl which is best kept for the ppv.

titlefc.gif

LizLinear Wrestling Entertainment - LWE presents

WrestleMayhem

PPV Card:-

Jimmy Wang Yang V David Otunga

LWE IC Championship Title Match

Teddy Hart (C) V Ricky Steamboat Jnr V Brutus Magnus

LWE Tag Championship Title Match

Ted DiBiase and Joseph Hennig (C) V John Morrison and Joey Mercury

LWE Womens Championship Title Ladder Match

Natayla Neidhart (C) V Lita V Beth Phoenix

LWE Hardcore Championship Extreme Rules Title Match

Steve Blackman (C) V Brian Pillman V Rob Terry V Tyler Reks

LWE World Championship Title Match

Christian V Cody Rhodes V James Storm V Nigel McGuinness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

2nd Show is up.

Here's the link to the first one:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76869718&postcount=25

And 2nd:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77704462&postcount=62

All feedback is welcomed of course :)

Can I confirm is Monday 26th the deadline for PPVs to go up as I may be wrong but think there is only 3/4 up at this stage

campo wrote: »
    Can I confirm is Monday 26th the deadline for PPVs to go up as I may be wrong but think there is only 3/4 up at this stage

your correct though seing as I talked about when Raw airs when I set the deadline its technically Tuesday 27th, or atleast when the 26th is over.

I still expect to get mine done on the weekend and have been struggling badly recently getting time to write it but also hope another extension is not needed. a likely possibility is that as I suggested giving a few days when votes can be submitted, people who are late to submit a PPV could still do so after the deadline once it was within these dates however people could vote early and if they do you, walt and co would obviously benefit from getting done on time

first 2 feuds up...

just a few more to go over the next few days!

F*ck just lost half my ppv :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    F*ck just lost half my ppv :(

happend to me yesterday :(

Advertisement