Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Volt's nearly lost his pick. 15 mins to go.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Realised the info on the 24hrs to pick etc arent in the rules for this year (and therefore last year as it wasa copy and paste job to start) can anyone remember as im not going to be online for the next short while to check right this second how it works when people have missed their 24hrs, i.e Do they get another chance at the end of the rd or will we just keep going till they finally get on line and make their cathch up picks.

For example will I be making a double pick for Glenjamin who has no 20 this rd and no1 next rd (he did give me his 1st choice for the next rd too) or do I wait for Horsebox and now volt to have a 2nd chance to make up their pick.

I'm assuming we just keep going though and thats what ill do unless someone remembers different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I think last year if you missed your pick then you go to the back of the queue and if you get another 24hrs to make your pick

campo wrote: »
    I think last year if you missed your pick then you go to the back of the queue and if you get another 24hrs to make your pick

yeah thats what got me confused think we have done both that and the pick when you next can but others can skip ahead of you ways in previous drafts. Think we started this year doing the latter but we havent had a situation where at the end of a rd someone is yet to make their pick for that rd yet and now we likely will.

Guess we keep going as we have started and considering how late in the game we are standard of picks shouldent differ too much. If people think they should each get another 24 hours or the same 24 extra hour we can go with that though. Next year ill make sure this is written back into the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I think we just keep going and when horsebox and volt get online they can make their catch up picks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Thats what i remember. The missed pickers go to the end of the round, so for this round after Glen's pick Horsebox and Volt have 24 hours to pick someone.
    I dont know what happens after those 24 hours, though.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Thats what i remember. The missed pickers go to the end of the round, so for this round after Glen's pick Horsebox and Volt have 24 hours to pick someone.
    I dont know what happens after those 24 hours, though.

i'll say they have a 24hr period where both can pick then after that we continue picking but I believe if they miss another rounds picks by the rules they would be out (although at this stage there might be some leeway given with that).

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

1. Cactus Colm ______Kurt Angle, Terry Gordy & "Dr Death" Steve Williams, Bret Hart, The Motor City Machine Guns, Ax & Smash aka Demolition, Hardcore Holly, The Eliminators aka Perry Saturn & John Kronus, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Buddy "Jack" Roberts & Michael Hayes, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Jim Neidhart, Danny Davis, Stu Hart

2. Walter ___________ CM Punk, Kerry Von Erich, Jake Roberts, Ted DiBiase Snr, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Vince McMahon, Iron Sheik, Super Crazy & Psicosis, Junkyard Dog, The Nasty Boys, Harley Race, Juventud Guerrera, Kevin & David Van Erich, Sandman, Nikolai Volkoff

3. Machismo Fan ____ John Cena, Yokozuna, Jeff Hardy, Vader, Dean Malenko, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards, Diamond Dallas Page, Jack Evans & Roderick Strong, Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino, Monty Brown, Billy Kidman, Michael Elgin, Pac

4. Teamshadowclan/Horsebox9000 __ Brock Lesnar, Ric Flair, Kevin Nash, Carlito, Santino, Bobby Lashley, Scott Hall, X Pac, BWO aka Stevie Richards & Blue Meanie, Gail Kim, Awesome Kong aka Kharma, Robbie E, Petey Williams

5. CMpunked _______ Randy Orton, Andre the Giant, Sting, Big Show, Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater, Mark Henry, Mason Ryan, Frankie Kazarian & Eric Young, Teddy Long, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Kid Kash, Luke Gallows, Lou Thesz

6. BH _____________ Daniel Bryan, Killer Kowalski & Gorilla Monsoon, Triple H, Kenta Kobashii & Johnny Ace aka John Laurinaitis, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Jeff Jarrett, Muhammad Hussan, Hayabusa & Masato Tanaka, Mil Máscaras, Rey Mysterio, Necro Butcher, Dan "The Beast" Severn,
    Blue Demon

7. A Primal Nut _____ Sheamus, Crash Holly, Hulk Hogan, R-Truth & Road Dogg Jesse James, Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty aka 2 Cool, Shane McMahon, The Dream Team aka Greg The Hammer Valentine & Brutus The Barber Beefcake, Billy Gunn & Bart Gunn, Bruno Sammartino, The Honky Tonk Man, Jim Ross, Brian Christopher aka Grandmaster Sexay, Mean Street Posse aka Pete Gas & Rodney

8. SlickRic _________ AJ Styles, Mr Perfect, The Road Warriors, Jay & Mark Briscoe, Masahiro Chono, Bob Sapp, "Magnum TA" Terry Allen & "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, "Superstar" Billy Graham, Muhammad Ali, King Kong Bundy, Takeshi Morishima & Naomichi Marufuji, Dean Ambrose,"Classy" Freddie Blassie

9. Garseys _________ Dolph Ziggler, Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Kanyon, Edge, The Kings of Wrestling aka Claudio Castagnoli & Chris Hero, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder, La Resistance aka Sylvain et René, Michael Cole, Chris Masters, Epico & Hunico, Raven, Tommy Dreamer, Stacy Keibler

10. TheBostonCrab __ Alberto Del Rio, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Vampiro & The Great Muta, Sin Cara & El Hijo Del Santo, Low Ki & Christopher Daniels, Colt Cabana & El Generico, Chavo Guerrero Jnr, The Great Sasuke, El Santo & Gory Guerrero, Stan Hansen, Ricardo Rodriguez, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Jun Akiyama

11. Campo _________ The Miz, Eddie Guerrero, Dan " Waylon Mercy " Spivey, Matt Morgan & Hernandez, JBL, Abyss, Harlem Heat aka Ahmed Johnson & Stevie Ray, Booker T, Mr.Wonderful Paul Orndoff & Roddy Piper, Mr. T, Nikita Koloff, The Gangstas aka New Jack & Mustafa Saed, Vickie Guerrero, Verne Gagne

12. The Groutch _____ Jay Lethal, The Big Bossman, Mick Foley, Austin Aries, The Hurricane & Rosey, The Osirian Portal aka Amasis and Ophidian, The Mountie Jacques Rougeau, Kai En Tai aka Sho Funaki & Taka Michinoku, Giant Haystacks, The Natural Disasters aka John Tenta & Fred Ottman, Brooklyn Brawler, Test & Albert, Buddy Rodgers

13. Liz (tbc.......) ___ Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase Jr, Brian Pillman, Christian, London Brawling aka Desmond Wolfe & Magnus, MNM aka John Morrison & Joey Mercury, James Storm, Michael McGuillicutty & David Otunga, Divas of Doom aka Beth Phoenix and Natalya, Bobby The Brain Heenan, Teddy Hart, Lita, The Lethal Weapon aka Steve Blackman, Ricky Steamboat Jr

14. D2D____________ Air Boom, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Max & Jeremy Buck, Jack Swagger, Age of the Fall aka Tyler Black & Jimmy Jacobs, Matt Hardy & MVP, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, Shaquille "Shaq" O'Neill, Amazing Red, Alex Riley, Ezekiel Jackson

15. Furious-Red______ Robert Roode, Mike Awesome, The Rock, The Dudley Boyz, Brian Kendrick & Paul London, Tajiri & Rhyno, Brodus Clay, The Beautiful People aka Angelina Love & Velvet Sky, Douglas Williams, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Shannon Moore & Jesse Neal, Zema Ion, Mark Haskins

16. MNG____________ Dave Batista, Mitsuharu Misawa, Shawn Michaels, The Ultimate Warrior, Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane aka The Midnight Express, Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson aka The Rock' n' Roll Express, Jim Cornette, Trish Stratus, Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens, Manami Toyota, Konnan, The New Rockers aka Marty Jannetty and Al Snow, Mickie James

17. Glenjamin________ Samoa Joe, Bruiser Brody, Dynamite Kid, Fergal Devitt, David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd, Sgt. Slaughter, Barry Windham, Umaga, Jesse Ventura, Dusty Rhodes, Golddust, Wild Samoans aka Afa & Sika, Chyna, L.A. Warren

18. Volt_____________ Ken Anderson, Rick Rude, Ricky Steamboat, Sabu and Tazz, William Regal & Lance Storm,Eric Bischoff, 'Psycho' Sid Eudy, Ultimo Dragon, Terry Funk, Armando Alejandro Estrada, West Hollywood Blondes aka Lenny & Lodi, The Natural Born Thrillers aka Sean O'Haire & Mark Jindrak

19. Flah/Caspa307 _____________ Kenta, The Undertaker, Chris Benoit, Tiger Mask, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Ken Shamrock, Lex Luger, Kensuke Sasaki, Kevin Steen, The DudeBusters aka Trent Barreta & Caylen Croft, Homicide, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard, Jerry Lynn, The Usos aka Jimmy & Jey Uso

20. Spongey_________ Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre, Randy Savage, Goldberg, Kane, Pope D'Angelo Dinero, Bob Backlund, Finlay, Stephanie McMahon, Ron Simmons, Strike Force aka Tito Santana & Rick Martel, D'Lo Brown & The Godfather, Jamie Noble, Pat Patterson

Internet problems, Valentines day and being busy in general have really brought about the slowdown this year but tbh we did keep a great pace for longer than usual this round. Incase the delayed picks have anyone unsure of who can pick...

Horsebox Last Activity: 11-02-2012 18:01 go missed a while ago
    Voltwad Last Activity: Yesterday 22:05 go ended 12.53 yesterday
    Machismo Fan Last Activity: Yesterday 21:48 go ends at 12.53 today

tonight I will post Glenjamins pick if he is not back by then. Then a 24hr period will start were all 3 of these posters have a chance to make their catch up pick before we move on and the penultimate rd will start with Glenjamin (if he is still not back i'll be his proxy again).

has anyone PMed the 3 guys , Unusual for 3 in a row to miss there pick

• Advertisement

has anyone PMed the 3 guys , Unusual for 3 in a row to miss there pick

I havent actually though probably will now though I would assume horsebox knows seing as he hasnt been online for 5 days. Though he was posting on his phone saying he had internet problems so hopefully that can be solved soon.

edit: Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I'm back now. London is very expensive. Is it my pick now that the two lads have missed the the time period?

glenjamin wrote: »
    I'm back now. London is very expensive. Is it my pick now that the two lads have missed the the time period?

Believe it is

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I cut that one close.

I cut that one close.

Who is Pac ( sorry if a dumb question ) as I know X-pac is already gone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Who is Pac ( sorry if a dumb question ) as I know X-pac is already gone

http://dgusa.tv/roster/pac.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

whoops sorry GJ checked the other thread before this one, if youve had a change of heart I can edit it for you

Nope that's fine. Cheers BH!

What's the story with missing your pick? I know if you miss it once you go to the back if the queue but if you miss it twice aren't you out of the game? It would be a real shame to lose anyone else this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Hey guys, really sorry for my absence over the last few days. Between final year and work, I'm absolutely exhausted. I don't think I'm going to be able to muster up a show. I have half of one written but my head is so fixated on everything else, I just can't bring myself to finish even that.

It was probably quite naive of me to enter from the start and take a spot when I knew how busy I was going to be so I apologize sincerely for that.

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »
    Hey guys, really sorry for my absence over the last few days. Between final year and work, I'm absolutely exhausted. I don't think I'm going to be able to muster up a show. I have half of one written but my head is so fixated on everything else, I just can't bring myself to finish even that.

It was probably quite naive of me to enter from the start and take a spot when I knew how busy I was going to be so I apologize sincerely for that.

It be a shame for you to pull out now even if you just throw up your ppv card without a write up, stick it out if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Voltwad wrote: »

Put the essential stuff first. That has to be your main priority.

As Liz says, if you are really stuck you can do up a card with the matches listed and I'm pretty sure that will still count as a PPV as it did in previous years.

I'd agree with the others that it would be a shame to lose you volt especially at this late stage. If you can make your final few picks and stick up a ppv card it'd be great and nobody has to nor is expected to do any more despite what some have been doing.

Having said that obviously your full focus should be on your other more important work but perhaps you could do this when you need to rest your brain in between cramming sessions.

Hope you can keep going, ATM we have no further backups incase people drop out but we could raffle the roster off again as we did pingu's in a previous year.

Tonight rd 14 starts with glenjamin...

Sorry to hear that Volt. As the lads said get your priorities in order. So **** college and do up a PPV will ya!? :D

If Horsebox don't make his pick by noon am I up?

Are Volt and Horsebox still to make their picks?

glenjamin wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Volt. As the lads said get your priorities in order. So **** college and do up a PPV will ya!? :D

If Horsebox don't make his pick by noon am I up?

your up anyway at that stage.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Are Volt and Horsebox still to make their picks?

They now are have a 24hr period to make a catch up pick.

and to clarify as GJ as earlier yes a second time missing a round would usually mean being eliminated but we will take that on a case by case basis. For instance if Horsebox can get his internet fixed id be happy for him to continue but obviously would still lose out by having to make his catch up picks later and not have been able to draft people who would have been available when it was his go.

your up anyway at that stage.

They now are have a 24hr period to make a catch up pick.

and to clarify as GJ as earlier yes a second time missing a round would usually mean being eliminated but we will take that on a case by case basis. For instance if Horsebox can get his internet fixed id be happy for him to continue but obviously would still lose out by having to make his catch up picks later and not have been able to draft people who would have been available when it was his go.

It be a shame to lose anyone at this stage

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It be a shame to lose anyone at this stage

couldnt agree more and tbh considering the good pace we set I for one dont mind one or two 24hr waits and allowing people to pick later than they were drawn. Hopefully it wont be an issue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

So these are the next 5 to pick I think...

TheBostonCrab
    Liz
    CMPunked
    Mé féin
    SlickRic

Had a read of some of the recent write-ups.

Furious-Red: I like the Roode/Rock feud a lot and you're developing it nicely. Bubba's a fun character too. You have a great layout for your shows and they flow really well from one feud to the next. Keep it up. Looking forward to the all-Ireland street fight.

Col: I got a real kick out of the main event angle. Using Bret's history with Danny Davis as a way to screw Angle was very clever. I hope there will be 'You screwed Kurt' chants directed Bret's way on the next show! Very interested in the next chapter of this story so great job.

• Advertisement

Next and probably last House show up all feedback welcome positve and Negative may also say be a real shame to lose Volt so soon to the end but understand why you might want to at this stage

Advertisement