Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,191 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Sorry to here about that. I hope everything works out for you, whatever the problem is!

+1

If you ever need to vent the off topic thread is there (helped me in the past) or PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,659 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Due to $h*t going on in my life, I'd say I won't have many show's this year:(:(

Sorry to hear that hope all works out well

You've a good roster and I'm sure the most important show the ppv will be ace

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Due to $h*t going on in my life, I'd say I won't have many show's this year:(:(

Sorry to hear that, man. Don't let the shows give you further stress. You have a good bit of time yet and the amount you write is up to you.

Sorry for holding things up with that pick everyone. We might have had a few picks if I was quicker but I'm finding it tougher to sort out the bottom of the card than the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Just threw up another show there, thanks for the feedback on the last one lads, will have a review for all the shows so far tomorrow:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Just threw up another show there, thanks for the feedback on the last one lads, will have a review for all the shows so far tomorrow:cool:

I really like the Punk Snake feud, there is some good interaction between the two. I also like the Sheikhs speeches, very well written. The one negative point i would have is too many jobbers (you had 3 matches and they were all squash matches with jobbers) but thats a personal preference for me in that i dont like jobbers in general

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I really like the Punk Snake feud, there is some good interaction between the two. I also like the Sheikhs speeches, very well written. The one negative point i would have is too many jobbers (you had 3 matches and they were all squash matches with jobbers) but thats a personal preference for me in that i dont like jobbers in general

Thanks man, yeah im probably overkilling it on the jobbers:pac:

Punk/Roberts feud is set up really well and great promos from both, defo one of the feuds I most looking forward to from this year's draft

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

With regards Walter show I agree with Spongey's comments a great show with a well built up feud but too many jobbers

And regards to Spongey show I like the idea of the interprovincial championship being defended 24/7 plus after havng a look at your roster I never realised it was so strong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

The Iron Sheikh's promos are hilarious Walter!!! Not of fan of jobber matches either but nevertheless a great show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

that's part of why I chose Brooklyn Brawler, he's the quintessential jobber

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

just wondering as Tommy Dreamer has been drafted to the same roster that Raven went to last round (if im not mistaken about who got Raven)... could they have been drafted together as they were both ECW tag champs together for more than 3 months. Cant remember if Raven won the NWA title but if he did id assume it came after the introduction of TNA's belt.

also hope everything is ok D2D and would also offer that if you ever want to vent via Pm you have the option. I'll try to pick up the slack running this by doing draws etc (hopefully there will be no more big issues anyway) but good luck with your situation and hope it doesent affect you too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

just wondering as Tommy Dreamer has been drafted to the same roster that Raven went to last round (if im not mistaken about who got Raven)... could they have been drafted together as they were both ECW tag champs together for more than 3 months. Cant remember if Raven won the NWA title but if he did id assume it came after the introduction of TNA's belt.

I couldnt draft them as a tag team since I reached my quota on tag teams. I've got Kanyon/Bigelow, Los Aviodores, La Resistance, KoW and Ryder/Hawkins.

I enjoyed the latest show, walt. The Punk/Jake feud is shaping up to be one of the big main event angles and the Sheik promo was very well done. I'm keen to see where you go with the Vince/Dibiase rivalry too.

Also I agree with campo regarding Spongey's interprovincial title idea. This should be fun to keep an eye on and the roster contains plenty of great guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Quick question before i choose my pick.
    What is the ruling on men and women picks? I was having a quick look at some of the previous years picks and some (including me) picked women with men.
    Was that done away with in the years i wasnt involved or has it just not been utilised this year and last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

CMpunked wrote: »
    Quick question before i choose my pick.
    What is the ruling on men and women picks? I was having a quick look at some of the previous years picks and some (including me) picked women with men.
    Was that done away with in the years i wasnt involved or has it just not been utilised this year and last year?

In the rules, inter gender tag teams are not allowed.

Was brought in last year i think

T & A is a good pick. Thought long and hard about getting them and reuniting them with Trish. Always liked Test, particularly around 2000-01.

My latest show is up. Any comments appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Loving your shows so far. Eventually you do is done perfect, the feuds, the roster, the layout, the dialogue, everything. I've got three big favourites at the moments in this draft who I'm really enjoying reading and yours is one of them.

I was a button click away from choosing someone who was already picked.
    Can the OP be edited to show how recent it is, please?

Great show MNG I can see I need to up my game if I am to get anywhere near you this year

1. Cactus Colm ______Kurt Angle, Terry Gordy & "Dr Death" Steve Williams, Bret Hart, The Motor City Machine Guns, Ax & Smash aka Demolition, Hardcore Holly, The Eliminators aka Perry Saturn & John Kronus, The Fabulous Freebirds aka Buddy "Jack" Roberts & Michael Hayes, Scott Steiner, Rick Steiner, Jim Neidhart

2. Walter ___________ CM Punk, Kerry Von Erich, Jake Roberts, Ted DiBiase Snr, Jushin "Thunder" Liger, Vince McMahon, Iron Sheik, Super Crazy & Psicosis, Junkyard Dog, The Nasty Boys, Harley Race, Juventud Guerrera, Kevin & David Van Erich

3. Machismo Fan ____ John Cena, Yokozuna, Jeff Hardy, Vader, Dean Malenko, Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards, Diamond Dallas Page, Jack Evans & Roderick Strong, Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino, Monty Brown, Billy Kidman

4. Teamshadowclan/Horsebox9000 __ Brock Lesnar, Ric Flair, Kevin Nash, Carlito, Santino, Bobby Lashley, Scott Hall, X Pac, BWO aka Stevie Richards & Blue Meanie, Gail Kim, Awesome Kong aka Kharma, Robbie E

5. CMpunked _______ Randy Orton, Andre the Giant, Sting, Big Show, Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater, Mark Henry, Mason Ryan, Frankie Kazarian & Eric Young, Teddy Long, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Kid Kash, Luke Gallows

6. BH _____________ Daniel Bryan, Killer Kowalski & Gorilla Monsoon, Triple H, Kenta Kobashii & Johnny Ace aka John Laurinaitis, Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas, Jeff Jarrett, Muhammad Hussan, Hayabusa & Masato Tanaka, Mil Máscaras, Rey Mysterio, Necro Butcher

7. A Primal Nut _____ Sheamus, Crash Holly, Hulk Hogan, R-Truth & Road Dogg Jesse James, Rikishi & Scotty 2 Hotty aka 2 Cool, Shane McMahon, The Dream Team aka Greg The Hammer Valentine & Brutus The Barber Beefcake, Billy Gunn & Bart Gunn, Bruno Sammartino, The Honky Tonk Man, Jim Ross

8. SlickRic _________ AJ Styles, Mr Perfect, The Road Warriors, Jay & Mark Briscoe, Masahiro Chono, Bob Sapp, "Magnum TA" Terry Allen & "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, "Superstar" Billy Graham, Muhammad Ali, King Kong Bundy, Takeshi Morishima & Naomichi Marufuji

9. Garseys _________ Dolph Ziggler, Bam Bam Bigelow & Chris Kanyon, Edge, The Kings of Wrestling aka Claudio Castagnoli & Chris Hero, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder, La Resistance aka Sylvain et René, Michael Cole, Chris Masters, Epico & Hunico, Raven, Tommy Dreamer

10. TheBostonCrab __ Alberto Del Rio, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Vampiro & The Great Muta, Sin Cara & El Hijo Del Santo, Low Ki & Christopher Daniels, Colt Cabana & El Generico, Chavo Guerrero Jnr, The Great Sasuke, El Santo & Gory Guerrero, Stan Hansen, Ricardo Rodriguez

11. Campo _________ The Miz, Eddie Guerrero, Dan " Waylon Mercy " Spivey, Matt Morgan & Hernandez, JBL, Abyss, Harlem Heat aka Ahmed Johnson & Stevie Ray, Booker T, Mr.Wonderful Paul Orndoff & Roddy Piper, Mr. T, Nikita Koloff, The Gangstas aka New Jack & Mustafa Saed

12. The Groutch _____ Jay Lethal, The Big Bossman, Mick Foley, Austin Aries, The Hurricane & Rosey, The Osirian Portal aka Amasis and Ophidian, The Mountie Jacques Rougeau, Kai En Tai aka Sho Funaki & Taka Michinoku, Giant Haystacks, The Natural Disasters aka John Tenta & Fred Ottman, Brooklyn Brawler, Test & Albert

13. Liz (tbc.......) ___ Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase Jr, Brian Pillman, Christian, London Brawling aka Desmond Wolfe & Magnus, MNM aka John Morrison & Joey Mercury, James Storm, Michael McGuillicutty & David Otunga, Divas of Doom aka Beth Phoenix and Natalya, Bobby The Brain Heenan, Teddy Hart, Lita

14. D2D____________ Air Boom, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog, Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Max & Jeremy Buck, Jack Swagger, Age of the Fall aka Tyler Black & Jimmy Jacobs, Matt Hardy & MVP, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, Shaquille "Shaq" O'Neill, Amazing Red, Alex Riley

15. Furious-Red______ Robert Roode, Mike Awesome, The Rock, The Dudley Boyz, Brian Kendrick & Paul London, Tajiri & Rhyno, Brodus Clay, The Beautiful People aka Angelina Love & Velvet Sky, Douglas Williams, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Shannon Moore & Jesse Neal, Zema Ion

16. MNG____________ Dave Batista, Mitsuharu Misawa, Shawn Michaels, The Ultimate Warrior, Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane aka The Midnight Express, Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson aka The Rock' n' Roll Express, Jim Cornette, Trish Stratus, Nick Bockwinkel & Ray Stevens, Manami Toyota, Konnan, The New Rockers aka Marty Jannetty and Al Snow

17. Glenjamin________ Samoa Joe, Bruiser Brody, Dynamite Kid, Fergal Devitt, David Hart Smith & Tyson Kidd, Sgt. Slaughter, Barry Windham, Umaga, Jesse Ventura, Dusty Rhodes, Golddust, Wild Samoans aka Afa & Sika

18. Volt_____________ Ken Anderson, Rick Rude, Ricky Steamboat, Sabu and Tazz, William Regal & Lance Storm,Eric Bischoff, 'Psycho' Sid Eudy, Ultimo Dragon, Terry Funk, Armando Alejandro Estrada, West Hollywood Blondes aka Lenny & Lodi

19. Flah/Caspa307 _____________ Kenta, The Undertaker, Chris Benoit, Tiger Mask, Jerry "The King" Lawler, Ken Shamrock, Lex Luger, Kensuke Sasaki, Kevin Steen, The DudeBusters aka Trent Barreta & Caylen Croft, Homicide, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard

20. Spongey_________ Wade Barrett & Drew McIntyre, Randy Savage, Goldberg, Kane, Pope D'Angelo Dinero, Bob Backlund, Finlay, Stephanie McMahon, Ron Simmons, Strike Force aka Tito Santana & Rick Martel, D'Lo Brown & The Godfather, Jamie Noble

• Advertisement

T & A is a good pick. Thought long and hard about getting them and reuniting them with Trish. Always liked Test, particularly around 2000-01.

My latest show is up. Any comments appreciated.

I'd really like how you set up HBK's return and Batista V Warrior should be an interesting fun feud with perhaps a rope shake off :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

My first house show is up, be as brutal as you like

My first house show is up, be as brutal as you like

Ok a lot of positives first you have a really stong tag team division and I loved that you are using guys like Lethal and Aries as main eventers I also think Lethal in a man kind mask would be awesome be interesting maybe in next show will be dressed as Dude Love.......

Only neg is I hope that you dont restrict Foley to a GM role

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I traded Hardcore Holly to Cactus Colm for Sgt. Slaughter, Liz.

pick made, PM sent.

BWA show #2 of 2012 is up and as always any feedback is welcome.

Will try and give more myself soon though atm many shows have blended together in my mind. The four horsemen angle def stood out though and I must admit that the shows that may reference my fed i.e MNG or WECWF are slightly easier to recall. The HBK story has been great so far for example and as always im a fan of Sheiky. I'd kinda agree with the jobber thing (trying my hardest to limit their use but still have some rookies appearing) some said and for that reason think as noted Brooklyn Brawler or someone akin to him could be a great draft if your planning on doing shows to build to your PPV, everyone needs jobbers afterall.

My next show is also up feedback as always welcome I will leave some feedback soon for you too BH

guess fo rthe first time ythis year the 24hr limit is coming into effect and althouh Volt can still make up his pick whenever hes online whoever was after that is also now able to pick
    campo wrote: »
    My next show is also up feedback as always welcome I will leave some feedback soon for you too BH

really liked your show again and you have me puzzled with who will be the new owner, especially after looking at your roster im not sure who will fill that role although perhaps this person has yet to be drafted or even traded to your pormotion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Sorry for the hold up lads, was in Galway on the tear for the weekend. Shall pick now.

• Advertisement

Had a read of the latest write-ups.

the groutch - I really liked the angle involving Haystacks. Old-school idea right there and I look forward to how you proceed with it. Also liked kaientai's promo and how you built up your main event angle. Good stuff.

BH - I'm loving the main event angle with Hunter and Bryan and I liked how you had him ditch the Daniel Bryan name. Very nice idea to have Hunter take on his mentor Kowalski too. I'm intrigued too by Rey's storyline.

campo - That was a quality cliffhanger ending with the shares. I like Piper's promos too and it's a very nice idea to involve Mr T in the story. Looking forward to Piper's match versus Eddie.

In other news Jim Cornette in a recent Q & A from Japan gave the following response to the recent proposals of the BWA regarding the Monday Night Wars supershow...
    'I've heard the terms of the challenge and we're up for the idea. Bring it. Our next show comes from Japan so we aren't against this. Bring it.

What do you do with pimples, gentlemen? You pop 'em. And if those two pimples on the ass of pro wrestling that are the BWA and WECWF finally want to get a pop then we'll show them that we do that better than anyone. We look forward to hearing from the WECWF on this matter.'

In a mischievous move the Commissioner of Monday Night Grappling later released this video featuring a scathing attack on Laurinaitis and some shots at Vince McMahon...

Advertisement