Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Didn't realise it was my turn. Pick made, delighted to figure out a perfect was to justify spending a pick on Ricardo when I remember his Dragon Gate and Chikara character.

I'm on my phone so can someone pm campo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Pick made and delighted to get my number one choice for this round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

fantastic pick,

looking for tag teams for trade for

Takeshi Morishima
    Kensuke Sasaki
    Naomichi Marufuji

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Think that means we have 2 more left this round now. Unless D2D is about soon I'll make the next draw around 10am your time (should be home from work and not on my phone by then).

Trying to decide ATM if I will bother with a female feud this year. Always have before but um not sure this. Also the first year the BWA is celeb free

edit: draw done

1.Spongey
    2.MNG
    3.D2D
    4.Garseys
    5.Furious-Red
    6.the groutch
    7.CMPunked
    8.Volt
    9.TheBostonCrab
    10.Horsebox
    11.Liz (tbc..........)
    12.SlickRic
    13.BH
    14.campo
    15.A Primal Nut
    16.Machismo Fan
    17.Walter
    18.Caspa
    19.glenjamin
    20.Cactus Colm

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

20th?! I guess it's time I started getting towards the bottom end of picks.

Gonna put my first write up after this round hopefully. Just one wrestler I want before I start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

oh great! :D just the number I needed.

Might hold off on my show until I get my next pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,178 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ha, my pretty consistent place between spots 8 and 12 continues :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

6th, nice.
    next pick if I get him will be the last one I had in mind, the last 3 I won't be too bothered who I get
    should be able to do my first house show after this pick as well

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Is there a time limit as to when I have to have a write up done? Do i have to do multiple shows or just the 1?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Is there a time limit as to when I have to have a write up done? Do i have to do multiple shows or just the 1?

when the draft is over a time limit will be set to do PPVs by but there is none now for shows and you can do 4/5 shows if you wish, think the rule of thumb was one allowed per draft round before as we used to open the evaluation thread a lil bit later before rd10/11 iirc

• Advertisement

you don't have to do any if you don't want, most people just use it to give a build-up to the PPV matches.
    if you are doing it, it's best doen sooner rather than later

trade completed with slickric, willl let him announce the details if he likes if not you will all have to wait and see

Big Trade News....
    Slick Wrestling Federation and Caspa would like to announce a talent swap that will impact both rosters, and have the superstars of both companies on high alert.

moving from Slick to Caspa are former tag-champions, and former members of the greatest faction in wrestling history...Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard. Slick cited personal differences, and a lack of motivation as he perceived it on their part as the reason for parting ways, but he did wish them the best for the future, and acknowledges that Caspa could resurrect their career.

arn-anderson-tully-blanchard-3-dvds-1-00-shipping-9e7df.jpg

moving the other way are Japanese superstars Takeshi Morishima and Naomichi Marufuji. two of the very best in the world who now join Masahiro Chono as hugely impressive representation of the Japanese wrestling industry, and the opportunity for them to mix it up with some of the very best America has to offer is just too much to resist.

morishima3.jpg

naomichi_marufuji.jpg

watch these spaces....

new roster...

Slick Wrestling Federation

AJ Styles
    Mr Perfect
    "Superstar" Billy Graham
    The Road Warriors
    Takeshi Morishima
    Naomichi Marafuji
    The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark)
    Masahiro Chono
    Bob Sapp
    "Magnum TA" Terry Allen
    "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
    Muhammad Ali
    King Kong Bundy

Caspa you continue to suprise and delight me I loved the angle with
    The Fourhorseman was actually amazed slick traded arn and tully

Also the Kevin Steen storyline is building well

Keep it up

thanks am loving your use of mr t

new roster

Kenta
    Chris Benoit,
    The Undertaker,
    Tigermask,
    Jerry "The King" Lawler,
    Ken Shamrock,
    Lex Luger
    Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard
    Kensuke Sasaki
    Kevin Steen
    Trent Barreta and Caylen Croft
    AKA Youthful Aggression
    Homicide

i dropped Arn & Tully as I felt i was shoehorning them into my roster in the end, just because they're past legends.

also, i've used them 3 times before, it's nice to see other use them.

and i have Japanese legends in return, so i think it rounds my roster better, and also improved Caspa's a bit.

win win as they say :)

SlickRic wrote: »
    i dropped Arn & Tully as I felt i was shoehorning them into my roster in the end, just because they're past legends.

also, i've used them 3 times before, it's nice to see other use them.

and i have Japanese legends in return, so i think it rounds my roster better, and also improved Caspa's a bit.

win win as they say :)

Ah well if you have had them 3 times that is fair enough just my jealously speaking as I have never had them would love to fit them in a future roster same road warriors never lucky enough to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭glenjamin

First Evaluation up. Any comments positive or negative are appreciated.

• Advertisement

Really nice write up Glenjamin I especially like the Brody/Joe bit and your main event looks awesome a definate contender this year

• Registered Users Posts: 85,764 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

First show finally fully up and no one jobbed out to Christian yet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

some very nice rosters lads

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

glenjamin wrote: »
    First Evaluation up. Any comments positive or negative are appreciated.

Really enjoyed it. Love that Windham features prominently on your show. I'm also keen on your Rhodes vs Rhodes storyline as I thought about doing that myself if I had been able to land Dusty. Looking forward to more of the Joe/Brody storyline too. :cool:

Caught the latest of Liz's write-up also. Liked Heenan's line about Melina. He's become one of the most fun characters in the game.

Also saw caspa's latest. I liked how you introduced the Horsemen at the end. Must be one of the strongest groups in the game. Also enjoyed the debut of Homicide.

Keep 'em coming. Really having fun reading the write-ups and looking forward to reading those still to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Sorry for delaying the game lads, things are fairly chaotic in my life atm:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

There goes everyones plans to have JR as a commentator :D

will have my pick up in a few mins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

There goes everyones plans to have JR as a commentator :D

Well, don't blame me! Blame the people who voted in the poll that we couldn't use him unless we drafted him haha. So the opportunity for everyone to use him was already gone with the poll vote, long before I drafted him!

For the record, I voted that everyone should be able to use him (and the other commentators). :D

Well, don't blame me! Blame the people who voted in the poll that we couldn't use him unless we drafted him. haha. So the opportunity for everyone to use him was gone with the poll vote!!

For the record, I voted that everyone should be able to use him (and the other commentators). :D

hopefully they'll set that up for next year that everyone picks whoever they want on commentary
    I'll probably still use some of JR or other commentators' catchphrases in my write-ups without mentioning them specifically

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Due to $h*t going on in my life, I'd say I won't have many show's this year:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Due to $h*t going on in my life, I'd say I won't have many show's this year:(:(

Sorry to here about that. I hope everything works out for you, whatever the problem is!

Advertisement