Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2012 PW Draft *Discussion thread - voting info post 2048*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

and that is 1 pick I didn't expect to see so early

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Didn't expect to see Foley go so early either but he is great and I could see why people would pick him to fit certain storylines and feuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Wow, did not expect Foley to be taken. Not compalining, because now I'm guaranteed to get one of the two guys I have written down to face Del Rio!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

The Groutch obviously has very specific ideas ahead for Foley.
    Him being picked first in this round is as surprising as seeing Sheamus being drafted first last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Didn't expect that as the first pick. Was sure it would be another guy. Not sure if I will stick with my original plan now or try to go for the guy I thought would go. I'll try not to keep tbc waiting too long as I weigh up this tasty dilemma.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CMpunked wrote: »
    The Groutch obviously has very specific ideas ahead for Foley.
    Him being picked first in this round is as surprising as seeing Sheamus being drafted first last year too.

Yup that was me last year :D

I've a choice of 4 realistic picks, ye better not take them:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Hope we get through a good few picks tonight lads:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Right I'm gonna pick now. Was torn between 3 guys and whether or not to base the pick around my current roster. tbc......

Hope we get through a good few picks tonight lads:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

With the time difference I'd say BH will be online soon :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Not surprised at Shawn Michaels being picked, he's one of 7 or 8 who will definitely go in this round

Misawa/HBK?!?! Oh sweet Jesus, how I'd love to see that

That's mouth watering at is finest!

Can't believe I'm actually getting the top choice I had for Del Rio since loosing Pillman and others, no way did I think I'd get this main event, it writes itself!

MNGs roster is looking strong. I know who I want and think I might get him

Was originally going to go for a guy who I'm sure will be picked in due course and I'll keep quiet until that pick is made, but HBK and Misawa on a roster together was too tempting to pass up. I think my original plan would have been great in terms of star power but not so much in terms of workrate.

Edit: And one of the three I was torn between now goes. Solid pick there with Austin.

When it comes to personality, Del Rio ad Austin complement each other perfectly, it's a feud I'm really looking forward to booking. Then it's made better by the fact that both men can go in the ring, I think they would be natural rivals creating classic mathes and moments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I can already picture Austin "WHAT?"-ing Ricardo Rodriguez left right and centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

That's mouth watering at is finest!
    MNGs roster is looking strong.

pokerface.jpg
    Me right now.

Some VERY strong rosters so far lads.. Honestly the stips and stuff so far have really given every competitor equally strong rosters and personally i think even moreso this year it'll be about original storylines and great fueds that'll overall win the Draft, rather than "Best Roster"..

1. Cactus Colm ______Kurt Angle, Terry Gordy & "Dr Death" Steve Williams
    2. Walter ___________ CM Punk, Kerry Von Erich
    3. Machismo Fan ____ John Cena, Yokozuna,
    4. Teamshadowclan __ Brock Lesnar, Umaga
    5. CMPunked _______ Randy Orton, Andre the Giant
    6. BH _____________ Daniel Bryan, Killer Kowalski & Gorilla Monsoon
    7. A Primal Nut _____ Sheamus, Crash Holly
    8. SlickRic _________ AJ Styles, Mr Perfect
    9. Garseys _________ Dolph Ziggler, Bam Bam & Kanyon
    10. TheBostonCrab __ Alberto Del Rio, Junkyard Dog, Stone Cold Steve Austin
    11. campo _________ The Miz, Eddie Guerrero,
    12. the groutch _____ Jay Lethal, The Big Bossman, Mick Foley
    13. Liz (tbc.......)_ Cody Rhodes & Ted Dibiase Jr, Brian Pillman
    14. D2D______________ Air boom, Owen Hart & The British Bulldog
    15. Furious-Red______ Robert Roode, Mike Awesome
    16. MNG______________ Dave Batista, Mitsuharu Misawa, Shawn Michaels
    17. glenjamin________ Samoa Joe, Bruiser Brody
    18. Volt_____________ Ken Anderson, Rick Rude
    19. Flah_____________ Kenta & Naomichi Marufuji, Chris Benoit
    20. Spongey__________ Wade BArett & Drew McIntyre, Randy Savage

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

With the time difference I'd say BH will be online soon :D

if this had been a work day yeah I woulda been but tis a pity that unless folk are on post 3am there we may have to wait till morning for the next run of picks. time to play the game for me now though!

BWA 2012: Danielson, Kowalski, Monsoon, HHH

gotta ask tbc, are you going to aknowledge JYD's draft history... he didnt exactly have the best of times last year but his story would have been fairly high profile.

Didnt expect Foley just as I didnt expect lethal at the time from the groutch so im v curious to see what hes up to. HBK/Misawa obviously has big potential to it.

remember as Flah was saying you dont have to have your ME already lined up at this point (after this round), afterall a certain few elite names only become available in the pre 70s debut round all of whom are Main event worthy.
    There is news circulating that Monday Night Grappling head honcho Mr Nice Guy was left irate yesterday when HHH who had only recently negotiated his release from MNG turned up as the 3rd draft pick for their rivals the BWA. There had been talk before that the promotion thought they had gotton one over on BWA chairman Bounty Hunter after taking long time BWA competitor Mitsuharu Misawa in a previous round but now this draft has the potential to re-ignite the Boards.ie monday night wars.

it's yet to be seen if WECWF might get drawn back into it again this year

CMpunked wrote: »

I don't know Misawa either but I gather from a quick overview of Wikipedia that he was a HUGE star in Japan.

Probably my two favourite wrestlers ever are still left, but there is another guy who I love but not so much but who I have more storyline ideas for, so I'll probably pick him. Still one more pick left before I choose though.

Looks like this round could be a quickie at least compared to the last one.

Exciting pick there, BH. Some interesting storyline potential this year deffo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Already I'm looking forward to Machismo Fan, BH, and Flah's rosters taking shape. Some very interesting picks so far.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Made my pick there . Its weird seeing people like Austin , HHH , HBK going in round 3 but its still exciting

Ladies and Gentlemen, business is about to pick up. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

glenjamin wrote: »
    Already I'm looking forward to Machismo Fan, BH, and Flah's rosters taking shape. Some very interesting picks so far.

cheers but it changes with every draft, FCW just became electrifying and i'd love to see Sheamus kill Hulkamania.

Hogan Sheamus, Rock Roode. Both very exciting main events are both for very different reasons.

Everyone is on the ball so far, I can see this being the toughest year yet!

Thanks TBC - I'm going for pure entertainment with my picks. Also just realised I've an Irish connection with all my picks. There's Sheamus obviously, Crash Holly used to play a leprachaun character and Vince McMahon chose the name Hogan because he wanted an Irish name (according to Wikipedia anyhow) so I guess Hogan is supposed to be Irish American. So lots of potential for storylines there.

I've had a few ideas for promos with Sheamus-Hogan going over my head the last couple of days, so gonna start writing them up now.

• Advertisement

One match I'm surprised there isn't more talk about is Samoa Joe vs Bruiser Brody- both men would KILL each other. It would be brutal and stuff as hell. I'd love it!

Advertisement