Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Those dark bottom PJs from Dunnes are like tracking down gold :) I think the baby boom has wiped out the stock in everything bar skinny minnie sizes :D
    It amazes me that no buyer has figured out that baby boom means get dark PJ stock in :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Looking at the July thread everyone has bought the grey and white striped nightdress, reckon most pregnant women will have bought it....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Ginny wrote: »
    Looking at the July thread everyone has bought the grey and white striped nightdress, reckon most pregnant women will have bought it....:D
    I didnt :-P
    But honestly last week in pennys there was no pj with dark bottoms in size bigger then 8

i just finished packing my bag
    after last week visit in hospital I know I need to get ear plugs and eye cover just in case again someone on a bed cross the room will read whole night ;-)

Im getting period like pains and I have a feeling that little one will decide to arrive when my sister will be here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

It feels like baby has had non stop hiccups for the last 3hours! Weird :)

I think ye should all go to Tralee shopping: loads of dark bottomed pjs there! Have ye tried tesco? They do nice ones there too.

I have pink and green nightdresses... Really attractive!

I have old pj + nightdresses that I intend to use during hospital stay. They
    all have buttons so suitable for breastfeeding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Minibear so sorry to hear about your loss of your first baby. I can't even imagine what that's like, I just can't. I'm delighted for you that you are about to have your next baby!! There's another lady here on boards somewhere who lost her's right after birth, she took some time out and is now pregnant again.

Re PJ's, I somehow managed to find some black PJ bottoms in Penneys on O'Connell St. They were on the clearance rack & are 16-18 so that they will actually fit (I'm normally a 12). I don't understand clothes manufacturer's aversion to dark PJ's - not all of us like to wear things to bed that have teddys & lovehearts all over them!

When I was at that homebirth meeting, they have books that you can borrow and I took one called Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin. Now it's good for home birth stories & bits & bobs of information but the rest of it is just hilarious. It was originally written in the 70's and a lot of the stories are from hippies living in this commune in the States. So you have all these pics of the parents with long hair, kaftans & the guys with long beards and they talk about how the birth was psychedelic & far out & just mad stuff haha!

But one interesting thing it talks about is how the women really want to feel loved during labour & have a lot of contact & affection from their OH. Kinda makes sense as I've found I'm always looking for hugs these days (from OH not random strangers :cool:) and I think I'll be hanging out of him on the day to be honest.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I've been like that too Mink, but I reckon in labour Ill want hub there obviously but I can see me asking him not to touch me. I think I'm going to find it very difficult having people with me when I'm going through something so intense. I'm sorta a "Let me get this done" woman.

I know I'll be the one telling her hubby to f off and don't touch me and your never coming near me again as long as you live :D I'm much more a grab the blankets/pjs/pillows kinda lets get this over with girl!

I finally bought a bath thermometer: I swear the freaking out I've been doing over not having one: you'd swear it was a complete necessity. It's a floating rubber duck one: I love it :)

cyning wrote: »
    I think ye should all go to Tralee shopping: loads of dark bottomed pjs there! Have ye tried tesco? They do nice ones there too.

I have pink and green nightdresses... Really attractive!

I guess the buyers in Tralee bought up all the stock ;) I've been to 3 out of 4 Dunnes now and only one had any left but only in size 8-10! That wasn't happening before I was pregnant no mind now :D

• Advertisement

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    I guess the buyers in Tralee bought up all the stock

Either that or a serious amount of the pregnant population keep squeezing into their regular pjs :D

Definately try Tesco I was there today they had loads: i never thought of it before!

I know that tesco Cyning it's massive...the tesco around here have either no clothes or a very small section! I actually looked at the men's PJ section today but didn't get any :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

did you try heatons twomums, got two pairs of dark bottomed pajamas there-they also coordinate with my dressing gown and slippers, not on purpose but bonus !

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Right just a small whinge.....feeling really crappy today, very sore hips and pelvis and could barely move. Also headache and sore throat.

Had said to lady I rent the yard from that I might go down to an event down the country to watch a horse I would normally be riding competing with someone else. She wanted me to go watch another of the horses showjumping last night but I said I couldn't go because myself and OH were going elsewhere, well I swear she was going to throw a tantrum. This woman is in her 60's and never had or wanted children which is fine but my patience is wearing thin at this stage, like I'm the size of a fricking whale and I can barely move....So dreading having to tell her tomorrow there's not a hope in hell I will make it down. Oh and has anyone seen the price of diesel!!! :rolleyes:

Sorry just a bit of a moan :o

No Javagal I haven't but I'll have a look as its getting silly at this stage :) although I will admit that heatons scares me a little :D

Notsobusy just tell her your midwife told you not to travel! Our midwife said not to be too far from home (or your maternity hospital) at any point after 36 weeks as you don't want to have to go to another maternity hospital in an emergency...the files are not centralised so all they have to go off is your white card!

You are due in just over a week...the woman clearly has no clue of what you can & can't do this late in pregnancy :rolleyes:

notsobusy wrote: »
    Right just a small whinge.....feeling really crappy today, very sore hips and pelvis and could barely move. Also headache and sore throat.

Had said to lady I rent the yard from that I might go down to an event down the country to watch a horse I would normally be riding competing with someone else. She wanted me to go watch another of the horses showjumping last night but I said I couldn't go because myself and OH were going elsewhere, well I swear she was going to throw a tantrum. This woman is in her 60's and never had or wanted children which is fine but my patience is wearing thin at this stage, like I'm the size of a fricking whale and I can barely move....So dreading having to tell her tomorrow there's not a hope in hell I will make it down. Oh and has anyone seen the price of diesel!!! :rolleyes:

Sorry just a bit of a moan :o

I had sore throut as well
    my left hip is hurting. which is strange as usually right one was the sore one.

We went with our friends for dinner today.
    One of them had 30th birthday.
    it was nice to see them all but after an hour i was so tired that we didint stay for drinks. few if them was upset about this.

Notsobusy, pay no attention to that woman, no point stressing over it, she is being inconsiderate end of!

Twomums, go with some men's PJ bottoms, I should have thought of that for myself actually, they are nearly always dark & would be really comfy probably.

I'm a crying mess on and off this evening. I did a good bit of physical work today (cleaning/nesting ;)) and then got the dinner & dessert done. OH had a big gig tonight & needed his black jeans, which were wet on the clothes horse. He was annoyed re this but then he never tells me if he needs something for gigs & I just wash stuff as soon as I can get the previous load dry. He was very short with me when leaving etc.

It wasn't like he specifically gave out to me (cos he may f*ck off if he did) but it was just that bit of being annoyed with me that set me off. I realise now I can't handle it at all, it wouldn't have upset me before, I'm just so sensitive today with being physically tired. Going to have to tell him to just be extra careful with me for the next few weeks. It's literally ruined my whole evening, big panda eyes on me :rolleyes:

Saurelin wrote: »
    it was nice to see them all but after an hour i was so tired that we didint stay for drinks. few if them was upset about this.

They've either never been pregnant or they are one of those freaks of nature who are like Duracell bunnies all the way to full term, feck them.

Mink wrote: »

They've either never been pregnant or they are one of those freaks of nature who are like Duracell bunnies all the way to full term, feck them.

No kids so thats reason

My hubby had some comments today re me being slow.
    I was so upset that i didnt talk to him at all on our way to dinner.

No Javagal I haven't but I'll have a look as its getting silly at this stage :) although I will admit that heatons scares me a little :D

Notsobusy just tell her your midwife told you not to travel! Our midwife said not to be too far from home (or your maternity hospital) at any point after 36 weeks as you don't want to have to go to another maternity hospital in an emergency...the files are not centralised so all they have to go off is your white card!

You are due in just over a week...the woman clearly has no clue of what you can & can't do this late in pregnancy :rolleyes:

That's a good one! Thanks twomums!

• Advertisement

I had sore throut as well
    my left hip is hurting. which is strange as usually right one was the sore one.

We went with our friends for dinner today.
    One of them had 30th birthday.

What it is with people? I mean even before I was pregnant I would have had some consideration for a pregnant woman!!!

Mink tell your OH to do his own washing next time.....:rolleyes:

I watched Australia this evening and had a good cry, feel much better. Still not going anywhere tomorrow though. I'll just tell her I'm not up to going and tough titty if she's throws a tantrum.

I should've but didn't want to get into a fight. In fairness he did loads of jobs for me/the house today, but still I wouldn't get annoyed with him if he did part of it wrong or forgot something. I just need him to not get pissy even if stressed out.

I nearly watched Australia... I watched My Sisters Keeper & that made me cry more.

Everytime I go walking I get a bad pain about an inch above my belly button: but if i put my hand on it it stops? Anyone any ideas (and please dont tell me ive hurt another muscle because the tenderness is bad enough as it is!!)

Saurelin: seriously do they realise your pregnant? You have so much more patience than me Id have flipped at someone by this stage :)

Mink hope your feeling better :(

Notsobusy if that wan (in my best Kerry accent :D) says a word to you tell her to cop on: sure you can't be going anywhere!!

cyning wrote: »
    Everytime I go walking I get a bad pain about an inch above my belly button: but if i put my hand on it it stops? Anyone any ideas (and please dont tell me ive hurt another muscle because the tenderness is bad enough as it is!!)

Saurelin: seriously do they realise your pregnant? You have so much more patience than me Id have flipped at someone by this stage :)

Mink hope your feeling better :(

Notsobusy if that wan (in my best Kerry accent :D) says a word to you tell her to cop on: sure you can't be going anywhere!!
    Cyning I think they have problem as they still think Im as active as I was before pregnancy.
    i was person who arranged most of meeting, keep in touch with everybody etc and now I dont have time and energy for that.
    i arranged everything for today so they thought I will stay till end (as usually).
    Some people just dont understand that life changes...

Yeah i think that's this womans problem she's really a genuine nice person but just doesnt realise that i'm not up to anything at the mo. similar to saurelins friends.

Bloody hell Mink...you're feeling emotional so you decide to watch my sisters keeper!!! Are ya mad :) I read the book years ago, have the DVD ages and still haven't watched it as I know it will make me cry! Loved the book though :)

It amazes me that people have no consideration for pregnant women...esp their friends! Is it not obvious that they will get tired, be a little slower etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Bloody hell Mink...you're feeling emotional so you decide to watch my sisters keeper!!! Are ya mad :) I read the book years ago, have the DVD ages and still haven't watched it as I know it will make me cry! Loved the book though :)

It amazes me that people have no consideration for pregnant women...esp their friends! Is it not obvious that they will get tired, be a little slower etc!

I've noticed the total ignorance from some people towards me. i find when im in a supermarket or shop, people Will bump into me rather than move over a bit to let me pass.

i also notice other women stare at me too as if im a teen mom or something.

Yep I get stared at all the time JG aswell. A friend of mine recently gave out to me for wearing a hoody and tracksuit bottoms to the supermarket because her sister saw me and saw I didn't look pregnant just fat.....I was quite cross and lit into her, what the hell am I supposed to wear to the supermarket a dress?!?! FFS.

Also I'm demented by the rash on my stomach, the aveeno was great for a few days now it wears off fairly quickly. Using sudocreme for the moment but think I will be asking for Eurax or something as strong in the chemist tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

notsobusy wrote: »
    Yep I get stared at all the time JG aswell. A friend of mine recently gave out to me for wearing a hoody and tracksuit bottoms to the supermarket because her sister saw me and saw I didn't look pregnant just fat.....I was quite cross and lit into her, what the hell am I supposed to wear to the supermarket a dress?!?! FFS.

Also I'm demented by the rash on my stomach, the aveeno was great for a few days now it wears off fairly quickly. Using sudocreme for the moment but think I will be asking for Eurax or something as strong in the chemist tomorrow :(

It's funny you say that because I probably wore track suit bottoms and hoodies less when pregnant because they just made me look fat!

On the age thing Java, there is a 20 yo here after having her third baby! I think the lady next to her who asked the 20yo was it her first nearly fell out of the bed when she said no her third!

All going well so far, we're getting into a little routine I hope. She feeds about every three hours and slept from about half three to half seven with just one little cry. I feel like a new person today :)
    She's a little jaundice and has to have a blood test in a few mins to see what her levels are like. If they are elevated well have to stay one more night for observation.

Ladies, I so can't wait for ye to have your little bundles. It is just the most amazing feeling in the world, there are no words to describe it. Its amazing when someone else is holding her and she hears my voice or her daddys voice and turns towards it. But forget about ever having hot food or drinks ever again!

• Advertisement

Kildareash sounds like you are getting into a good routine there :) I hope the test went well & you get home today!

It's amazing how they know voices...just shows they have been listening the whole time :)

Advertisement