Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Twomums...just seen ur post in the August thread. Was it ferrograd c? It a combined iron and vit c.
    I've been trying to take it but it makes me really queasy.

My left foot is really swollen tonight, must be heat coz it's never been this bad before. Its iver two hours since i took of my little footsie socks and i can still see the mark of them in a couple of places.Right foot isn't half as bad. Feel a bit kinda wired in my head, bit woozy type feeling. Hard to describe. Haven't had dinner yet either, so that cld be part of the problem. Sitting with my feet up now!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Thanks Kildareash :) I will give them a go & see how I get on!

Re how you're feeling get some food and if you don't feel better get on to the midwives. Being on your GD diet it is prob just low sugar levels but better to be safe :)

Oh just to let you know our midwife recommended terry cloth burp cloths & when I was in guineys they had some :) packs of 3...I reckon they will be great for sick up etc :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Silly if your Dr. gives you a bog standard cert for more then 3 days they should also automatically give you the pink/purple SW form too. It's sorta like maternity pay, I get the SW payment sent to work and work still pays me my usual wage.

Not all docs give them out automatically but there are four options re sick pay :)

Your boss pays you your full wage & doesn't require SW form - this is becoming less common!

Your boss pays you your full wage but takes your SW form and claims it back to compensate for paying you.

You don't get paid anything for sick leave but you can claim sick pay from the SW with the form.

You claim sick from SW with form & your boss pays you the difference!

Hope that helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Got another hours sleep go me!

Twomums I have those terry burp clothes from guineys as well: they wash and tumble dry way better than the Muslins too :)

Kildareash hope your feeling better

Silly work don't pay me at all: if you go off for more than 3 days social welfare will start to pay you... It's 188 but you might get more depending on how much hubby earns etc. You get a big long form for the first one you send in, and then short ones after that.

Baby has gone so much more active again since I started feeling better :)

That's so good to hear Cyning. Mine is having a bit of a rest today After being crazy last night. Still moving around but not as mental as last night!

Think I just needed something to eat, feeling grand now. Hopefully the swelling in my foot will go down too. In the hospital on Friday morn so I'll mention it to them then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Barely fit to walk with my back anyone got any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

theg81der wrote: »

hot water bottle + excersises

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

kildareash wrote: »
    My left foot is really swollen tonight, must be heat coz it's never been this bad before. Its iver two hours since i took of my little footsie socks and i can still see the mark of them in a couple of places.

I noticed this on my ankles the other day, the dents were still there hours after took socks off, and they weren't that tight. I think it's dehydration as well (though do definitely say it when in hospital). I'm finding it hard to drink enough water as it makes my heartburn worse as it dilutes the acid and makes it come up more as my stomach is so high up now.
    TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Oh just to let you know our midwife recommended terry cloth burp cloths & when I was in guineys they had some :) packs of 3...I reckon they will be great for sick up etc :)

I was thinking this myself as the muslins aren't really that absorbent it would seem.
    theg81der wrote: »

Google pelvic tilts & "Childs Pose" modified for pregnancy. I find these great for taking the pressure off the back, it just seems to loosen something up.
    Baths, rest, heat packs alternated with cold packs on the sore area.

• Advertisement

I'm almost part of the hospital bag club, went and actually bought a bag for this ;) as well as dark jammies, dark towel, travel bottle of shower gel.

Also got two pillow cases to use as the sheet for the pram/carry cot mattress as I'll be using that for downstairs naps for baby hopefully. A lot cheaper then buying a special fitted sheet

Mink wrote: »
    I noticed this on my ankles the other day, the dents were still there hours after took socks off, and they weren't that tight. I think it's dehydration as well (though do definitely say it when in hospital). I'm finding it hard to drink enough water as it makes my heartburn worse as it dilutes the acid and makes it come up more as my stomach is so high up now.

Google pelvic tilts & "Childs Pose" modified for pregnancy. I find these great for taking the pressure off the back, it just seems to loosen something up.
    Baths, rest, heat packs alternated with cold packs on the sore area.

Yeah, I've noticed the same by the evening time, the heartburn can be really bad. I'm still persisting with at least a litre of water everyday and the rennies!
    Wore my converse into work today, feel like a knacker but my shoes were just too tight.

I can hardly do childs pose anymore with my bump! The pose I like the most in yoga is just the simple on all fours with your back flat, can't remember the name of it. But the pressure it takes off your back is amazing. Really makes the bump feel lightweight.
    Mink wrote: »
    Also got two pillow cases to use as the sheet for the pram/carry cot mattress as I'll be using that for downstairs naps for baby hopefully. A lot cheaper then buying a special fitted sheet

I have now bought two packs of fitted sheets for the moses basket! I thought I had shrunk the first set in the dryer, but the other ones won't fit either! Glad they were only cheapy Tesco brand. Must try a pillowcase, never thought of that!

Woke at 4am this morn and it was after 5 by the time I got back to sleep. Didn't help that my mooching set baby off! Although, baby did go back to sleep and didn't move again till half 9. I could live with that! Really knackered today, and ache all over.
    Going to ask my boss this morn if I can hand over some stuff I'm doing, because I'm afraid I won't make it in next week, it's just getting to uncomfortable to get around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

TwoMums2Be wrote: »

I got a few of them, i think they will be dead handy for throwing over your shoulder when holding baby.
    I saw some really funky ones on amazon, but very expensive!

Thanks for all the info re the med certs,must have a word with finance guy here about it.

Back to work today. i'm actually happy out here as the girl i am training in is still here, so my work load is halved..it was nice to come in today and not have a back log of stuff to catch up on. also, daytime tv SUCKS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Girls have all of your babies turned head own at this stage? I'm still wondering what my diagonal breech little man has against gravity, and at what point if any is that something to worry about? 37 weeks tomorrow, afraid of my life labour could start and he's still hanging out the wrong way round!

Girls have all of your babies turned head own at this stage? I'm still wondering what my diagonal breech little man has against gravity, and at what point if any is that something to worry about? 37 weeks tomorrow, afraid of my life labour could start and he's still hanging out the wrong way round!

my baby is head down with about 3 weeks.
    have you tried bouncing on the exersize ball? or going on all fours for 15 mins a day...(make sure there is someone there to help you up!)

I thought my moses baskets sheets weren't fitting either: they were making the matress bend: I discovered just before I got rid of them its actually kinda normal: the weight of baby keeps them down (true in case of large moses baskets!): i put mt giant volume of all of shakespeares works down on it and now they all fit perfect: might be worth a try?

Hubby is only gone to work for an hour (he's even wearing jeans and a tshirt :p) and hes taking rest of today and tomorrow off: i think he frightened himself too you know :D

Also (drum roll very excited) I slept again last night: I have vague recollections of getting up for the loo a few times (and i definately did because I knocked stuff over) but got like 7 hours... mad!!

Nyquist try not to worry about babs... I've seen spinningbabies reccomended in here a few times might be worth a try?

Yay Cyning!
    I can hardly do childs pose anymore with my bump! The pose I like the most in yoga is just the simple on all fours with your back flat, can't remember the name of it. But the pressure it takes off your back is amazing. Really makes the bump feel lightweight.

Well the modified childs pose for preggers people is usually fine. You just have to spread your knees right out so bump can slot in the gap. Some women rest their head on cushions or beanbag. I just put one fist on top of the other in front of my and rest my head on that. Here's a pic
    Here's a pic of it on this site: http://www.restorativeyogaposes.com/index.php/salamba-balasana-supported-childs-pose/

The other one you're talking about is modified cat's pose (but some call it pelvic tilt). Yeah you're on all fours, back straight, then arch your back a bit, breathing out, and then back to neutral. See the "Cat Curls" pic on this site http://www.mindfulmum.co.uk/fitness/2011/5-pregnancy-yoga-postures-to-try-at-home/

Definitely say to your boss re poss taking some days off next week, you prob need the rest. I can't wait til baby drops a bit and I can breathe again!.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭feest

cyning wrote: »
    Nyquist try not to worry about babs... I've seen spinningbabies reccomended in here a few times might be worth a try?

I second spinningbabies! My little one was head down at 33 weeks and then flipped to transverse at 34 weeks. I did some of the spinningbabies positions between midwife appointments, and by 36 weeks baby is back to head down and is now partially engaged. Good luck!

yup, been on to spinning babies website and have been doing all the things they suggest, practically living on the exercise ball and giving the boyfriend a great laugh every evening going on all fours for a while, even been doing that hardcore off-the-couch one from that website, and the most the little fella has bothered to move after all that: say if my own head was 12 o clock, his head's gone from 2 to 4 o clock as of last midwife visit the other day, which is something in the right direction I guess, but I know myself any bit of a break and he pops the head back up again and I'm back to square one! He's facing outward too, so back to my back, actually the wrong way round in every possible direction! And I can feel myself he's starting to find it harder to move in there now, or maybe I'm just thinking that cos I'm panicking about it. GP now tuesday to see if he's turning any bit, ach! I asked the midwife if there was anything else I could be doing to encourage him down (I mean I think I've tried everything short of sitting in a hot bath with a freeze pack on the top of my belly!) and she said no. So ya, starting to freak out a bit now, especially since barremic's story! I've been getting the belly pains and savage braxton hicks the last few days too, but for now I'm putting it down to the new iron suppliment they put me on not agreeing with me (discussed with midwife and they changed me over to something else, hopefuly will sort itself out!) and not getting enough water...cos I dont really want to be thinking of the aternative at all, whatever about not feeling ready emotionally, knowing he's physically not ready too is starting to really stress me out! 3 and a half weeks with a max of 5. eek! I want to be sedated. Seriously. :eek:
    Sorry for the rant!

• Advertisement

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry. I've heard of many babies turning at the last minute. Keep at your excercises, as much as is comfortable for you. And if you've any signs of labour, get onto the midwives making sure they know you've a transverse breech & they can advise you. Your doc might schedule you for a c section before your due date to be on the safe side but at least it will all be very controlled and you'll have an exact due date (I'd love to know when mine is coming!)

But again, I've heard of them turning at the last minute, in fact they'll probably check baby's position again before sectioning if it came to that and if they'd gone to correct position, they'll leave you be I'd say.

I'm giving up waiting for good weather, going to just start washing baby stuff this weekend, get an extra clothes horse & then finish them off in mother-in-laws drier so they come out soft :D

I got a massive box of Ecover something or other. It's only very lightly scented & non-bio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

My baby, who has been head down since week 31, is now starting to rotate to what the doctor called 'star gazing' position - i.e she's looking up at the sky. A quick google has subsequently confused the hell out of me - but apparantly it's a form of 'back labour' which doesn't sound at all pleasant. He told me to sit with good posture, avoid reclining, walk loads, and bounce on the ball, or it is likely to be a very long, difficult labour, and likely to go overdue. I must try the spinningbabies website to see if there is anything else I can do

She's still measuring quite big, she's measuring at 7lb 4oz today - expected to be minimum of 9lbs at birth, and thats if i go on the due date, which he said given the current position is unlikely. He also recommended 'lots and lots' of sex to promote an on-time delivery. And has told me to cut out sugar entirely from my diet, as it just adds to babies weight.

My BP and heartrate are too high, but he reckoned that was from the migraine I had yesterday - I was in bits, head splitting, with vomitting and the shakes, but i'm coming out the other side of it now, it's down to being a headache. I felt really sorry for hubby, who has a big work meeting today, but was stuck looking after me and got about an hour of sleep - the 'in sickness and in health' clause definitely came in to play last night.

Then, to top off my crappy night and unwelcome baby rotation news, I came home from the hospital to find that my dogs had had a bit of a strop and eaten my wallet, and strewn over 600 metres of yarn all over my living room. They somehow did not destroy the baby blanket i'm knitting with the yarn, but did eat one of the needles. I could have killed them. :mad:

Oh Kash... hugs x Crappy two days for you... hopefully it'll start to get a bit better for you now :o

And at least your baby blanket is okay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

hi girls,just a quick post,i was kept after my clinic app on monday,baby is very small,measuring at 34weeks (im 38†1) and wighing 5lb so im having a section next wednesday.
    my 1st section so any advice appreciated

Hi Tinkerbell, I don't think any of us have experience with C-sections other than Barremic who literally just had one.

The scheduled ones generally go extremely straightforward. You'll probably fast the night before, come in in the morning, they'll bring you to surgery maybe late morning (?). Then they'll give you a spinal block/epidural so you can be totally awake and alert for the surgery & see your baby after they are born. Your partner will be with you if you choose that.

From when they start til baby coming out is usually 5 mins, because he's measuring a little small they might take him off to the incubator for observation but don't worry, 5lbs is still a great weight, so it will probably only be for precautions. then it's maybe another 1/2 hour to get you stitched up. You probably won't be able to get out of bed for most of that day but hopefully baby will be back down to you asap!

Relax as much as possible til then!

Quick update...
    Waters Definately gone!!! Been admitted, starting to freak the hell out now!
    If i don't go into labour within 24 hours they will put me on the drip and I think I have to get antibiotics after 18 hours. no real contractions yet, just like period pain but doc has scripted me for lots of pain relief.
    Walked into the ward and there was a baby wailing its head off, I felt like walking back out again! All calm now tho. It's weird everyone has the curtain drawn around them. I thought there wld be a different kind of atmosphere?

Does anyone know if I can use my health insurance to get a private or semi private room at this stage?

Quick update...
    Waters Definately gone!!! Been admitted, starting to freak the hell out now!
    If i don't go into labour within 24 hours they will put me on the drip and I think I have to get antibiotics after 18 hours. no real contractions yet, just like period pain but doc has scripted me for lots of pain relief.
    Walked into the ward and there was a baby wailing its head off, I felt like walking back out again! All calm now tho. It's weird everyone has the curtain drawn around them. I thought there wld be a different kind of atmosphere?

Does anyone know if I can use my health insurance to get a private or semi private room at this stage?

Eek! good luck Ash!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Kildareash - best of luck! So excited for you! Hopefully you'll have your little babs in your arms before you know it.

Not sure re the health insurance - my understanding is if you're semi-private you'll have a chance. I have VHI company plan (thanks to OH's work) and was sort of wondering the same but I think because I've been public all along they won't give me the private room, which is fair enough. If you've been semi-private all the way along though I presume you'd be entitled to it.

Best of luck having July boards baby no 2 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Best of luck :)
    Fingers crossed

Advertisement