Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Cyning I'm totally the same re wanting to prepare. Prior to mentioning the section I was focused on labour etc & then it was all up in the air!

It must be so frustrating to go from being told you won't make full term, to knowing you shouldn't go full term, to being told they won't induce you....that's just silly! Sounds like you need to kick some butt :D

Ah yes after the blood gas test I'm sure he is worried about a section but he would probably be more protected from blood etc at a section as there is a screen & he could sit with his back to the action as such :) I think he would see less than at a natural birth but I totally understand his concern :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Who was asking about the size of the birthing ball a while ago? Too lazy to scroll back up, mines 65cm and I'm about 5'4" They say get the 75cm one if you're taller, my physio said that when you're on it that your knees should be below the height of your hips when your feet are flat on the ground with your feet below your knees straight, if that helps at all :)
    I had actually been using one that was too small for me at first and there was a lovely difference now when I stared using the right size one!
    Cyning and twomums, I know what ye mean about the not knowing how its all going to go, a bit nervous now about doc on Tuesday to see if he's turned any bit at all...I think if I DID know though, I might be the type to overthink it all and stress about it that I'm probably better off in the dark for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

Hey girls just a quick post our little daughter Ellie Kate arrived at 3.51am by emergency section on Sunday after my waters went in bed at 1am. She weighed 5lb3 and is still in scbu but is doing really well, she's an absolute beauty brown hair,brown eyes and dark skin

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Aw tinkerbell - huge congrats! Emergency section sounds scary but congrats & well done!

Dinner on Sat with in-laws was actually grand, got some well-wishes so wasn't all bad!

Hope everyone is doing well - almost in July ladies!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Hey girls just a quick post our little daughter Ellie Kate arrived at 3.51am by emergency section on Sunday after my waters went in bed at 1am. She weighed 5lb3 and is still in scbu but is doing really well, she's an absolute beauty brown hair,brown eyes and dark skin

Congrats :-) fingers crossed for short hospital stay.
    I hope you are feeling ok :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Aw congrats Tinkerbell, that's a lovely name. Hopefully she won't be in scbu for very long.
    That's three July babies that just Cldnt wait any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Congratulations! Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Congrats Tink, and welcome baby Ellie (really pretty name :)) I'm sure she's the apple of your eye already!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Congrats tinkerbell !! hope your lil one you are doing well !!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭The Magpie

Congratulations Tinkerbell! She sounds beautiful! Hope you both get home soon!

PS Is anyone else getting twinges and pains that they might usually ignore, but now with all these sudden arrivals, can't help but think... Oh God... Is this the start of it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

Congratulations Tinkerbell, welcome baby Ellie Kate. What a pretty name! Hope ye are both doing well this morn xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

The Magpie wrote: »
    Congratulations Tinkerbell! She sounds beautiful! Hope you both get home soon!

PS Is anyone else getting twinges and pains that they might usually ignore, but now with all these sudden arrivals, can't help but think... Oh God... Is this the start of it :pac:

Yes!!! Evertime I get a twinge my mind goes into overdrive thinking THIS IS IT!!!!....usually turns out to be wind :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Congratulations Tinkerbell :) Hope you and Ellie Kate are doing well this morning & she doesn't have to spend too long in SCBU!

How many more will we have before you hit July :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Abso-friggin-lutely!
    Every single twinge, pressure, ache, pain - I'm ready to go :)

It doesn't help that my Mum is calling me on a near daily basis to 'check in', and she keeps reminding me that she didn't have a clue she was in labour with my brother, she just thought it was regular pregnancy back pain.

I'm actually hoping for a really clear sign, like an impossible to miss water breaking, just so I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Congrats Tink! Can't believe another one has arrived!!!!!
    Ginny wrote: »
    :(
    Is there anywhere other then bed that you can get comfortable? Sitting on the couch length ways with my feet up and a memory foam pillow really helps me, I can nap sitting up like that leaning against the back of the couch.

I'm sleeping better since my upper body is a little higher with extra pillows. Also napping on the couch seems to be easier than the bed (I've only managed it twice in the pregnancy.

Well I woke up Sun morning (having been a cry baby all Sat evening. I'd somehow managed 10hrs of sleep :eek: and thought that I'd be grand and not emotional as I was well rested. Not even five mins after waking I started crying again. Once I start I can't stop. OH woke up around same time, I went downstairs and then realised I can't hide it from him as he was going to see the state of my face :D. So went up & told him I can't handle him getting annoyed with me & had a good aul cry. He was very nice about it & apologetic & I was totally fine after that, god I'm a looper altogether with these hormones :o

I think I definitely overdid it with scrubbing & cleaning & cooking this weekend, I was in bits on the couch both evenings, OH giving out to me. We are going to get a cleaner in for 2-3hrs a week just until I can manage cleaning with baby around, so maybe for 2 mths or so.

1 hour of physical work for a pregnant woman is like 10 hours for a non-pregnant person I've realised.

I'd say a good few of you are going to pop in the next week or so, I'm on tenterhooks here!

I know what you mean Kash :) there should def be a red flag sign that when it happens you know it's time...not these maybe maybe not signs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

tinkerbell congratulations! Love the name- hope you are both doing well and you'll have your little one out of scbu before u know it x

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl* - BORN 25th June, 5lbs 3oz
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July *girl*
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN 17th June, 6lbs 14oz
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    minibear - 13th July (scheduled induction) *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy*
    KildareAsh-15th July Girl - BORN 22nd June, 7lbs 8oz
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl*
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

Mamaheidi delighted your family event went better than expected :) and that you got some well wishes :) No matter what they think it's not like your not going to be having a baby in a few weeks so they might as well get over it & be supportive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Congrats Tinkerbell :D beautiful name :)

And yes magpie every twinge/pain/kick has me wondering now :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Congrats tinkerbell, well done. Love the name.
    It all happens really fast when they decide its time for the section, such a blur, we are both starting ro remember details of it now that we completely forgot

Best of luck with your recovery

Yep every twinge/pain I get I am wondering is this it?! It's ridiculous, I keep imagining my waters breaking every time I go to the loo!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Ohhhh congrats!!! God we're bucking the "going over" trend!!!
    I am convinced I'm not going anywhere for ages, still haven't dropped at all, still no twinges, plus junior has now decided they are a synchronized swimmer and keep doing tumbles, so they still must have enough room to whirl about!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

congrats tink
    ellie kate is a very pretty name ,she sounds so cute,
    i didnt realise they could be born with brown eyes ,
    (my other half has dark hair,brown eyes and the dark skin so fingers crossed:))
    im sure she will be flying it and out of scbu in no time ,meanwhile you can catch up on some rest
    congrats again

I thought all babies were born with blue eyes! But apparently they can be born with any colour eyes and their true colour won't be established till they are about 6 months. OH has gorgeous dark brown eyes(I fell for the eyes first) Dark hair and sallow skin, so hoping baby will inherit all those traits too! Especially the skin! I tan but get lots of freckles too, I like my freckles so would be nice if baby gets freckles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Congrats Tink!
    My god 3 early babies....

Mink, I had an emotional one at the weekend too. Literally cried all day yesterday.
    I was pissed off with my hubby and daughter for not doing a tap around the place, I made dinner and they put away their own plates etc ( great aren't they!) and then left me to wash all pots and clean kitchen while they sat on the couch watching tv. Then my mom, who was obviously having an equally bad day ended up taking it out on me over something silly. So I cried until I went to bed.

Oh silly it's awful once you start, you just can't stop. It was partially himself getting annoyed with me but then once you start, all the other things that you feel sorry for yourself about come crashing in on ya (whether they are justifiable grievances or not)
    notsobusy wrote: »
    OH has gorgeous dark brown eyes(I fell for the eyes first) Dark hair and sallow skin, so hoping baby will inherit all those traits too! Especially the skin!

I really really hope our kids inherit 90% daddy. I don't mind them having my height (I'm a little taller than OH, he comes from a small family) and my lips if they are a girl. That's it though, I want them to have everything else from his side!

WWC1 wrote: »
    Yes!!! Evertime I get a twinge my mind goes into overdrive thinking THIS IS IT!!!!....usually turns out to be wind :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah I'm same, been a bit of a farty pants past two weeks, sometimes the surprise fart strikes which is always fun :rolleyes:
    The Magpie wrote: »

I think because I don't have my bags packed (I was supposed to do it this weekend but ended up doing loads of cleaning instead) & cot not put together etc. I'm pushing it out of my head as it's too early for me - I'm 35 weeks.

Was watching a maternity show and there was a lady who had a c section for her 35 wk triplets. It was mad seeing them thinking that my baby is probably about that size & that developed. They were lovely and pink & screaming their heads off (in good nick for newborns in other words). It just reassured me that if anything were to happen now, all would be fine most definitely.

Mink I'm sure daddy would say he would like your little boy to inherit plenty of your looks ;)

I hope our little girl has at least some of me...not because I'm a stunner...lol far from it but as we have a donor it would be nice to see some of me :D
    Now I don't mind, he has allowed us to have a family so if our little girl is the spit of him so be it :) not that we know what he looks like but his staff review said he was good looking & he was a cute baby :D

• Advertisement

Twomums I'd say your partner will see loads of you in the baby rather than you seeing it. I always find parents can't see themselves in their own babies or siblings. It's funny cos I don't think I look anything like my mam & that I'm the spit of my dad but people always say I'm very like my mother.

Oh my OH's family are very good looking & photogenic. If you saw them you'd understand my desire for my babies to be spit of him!

Unfortunately both of us were born with terrible teeth. I got braces to sort mine so our kid will prob end up with braces unless they inherit their aunt/uncles teeth

Advertisement