Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

All going well so far, we're getting into a little routine I hope. She feeds about every three hours and slept from about half three to half seven with just one little cry. I feel like a new person today :)
    She's a little jaundice and has to have a blood test in a few mins to see what her levels are like. If they are elevated well have to stay one more night for observation.

Ladies, I so can't wait for ye to have your little bundles. It is just the most amazing feeling in the world, there are no words to describe it. Its amazing when someone else is holding her and she hears my voice or her daddys voice and turns towards it. But forget about ever having hot food or drinks ever again!

Aww that sounds amazing ash! delighted for you!

can't wait to see a few more pictures of herself when ya get home!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Ash that's great :)

I read your post and start crying. Cant wait to see our little one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Ok I'm gonna have a bit of a moan :)

Is there some aversion to babies having bright colours in their lives? Where are the bright (and I'm not asking for 80s lumo colours) crib sheets, cellular blankets etc!

Honestly it drives me slightly nutty :D

2Mums I think that bright colors can disturb babys rest

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Ash it sounds amazing! and like you've got everything in order!

I can't believe I've only one week to go, now I do realise it could be more but it's the weird feeling that it might just happen at any moment! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭feest

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Ok I'm gonna have a bit of a moan :)

Is there some aversion to babies having bright colours in their lives? Where are the bright (and I'm not asking for 80s lumo colours) crib sheets, cellular blankets etc!

Honestly it drives me slightly nutty :D

I'm not sure what size crib you have, but we ordered these from Amazon to fit our Ikea crib. Chose them because of the bright color choices (lime green, jaffa orange, a few shades of blue and pink...) and the quality is really nice, soft jersey.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00368BQTW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i04

Thanks feest :) I'm actually looking for our crib (Moses basket size) at the moment but will be saving those for the cot :)

I'm not sure they do Saurelin...I think the mass market just supplies what the mass market wants :) pastel blue & pink, lemon & cream...even mint and lilac are hard to find :rolleyes: If I get my way & can do a little experiment :) and sure most of her sleep suits are colourful anyway :)

Update: They do a crib size so will order one with my next order :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I had that panic the other night Twomums2be, I went to Next and got some bright babygrows :D

Hospital bag question, how many nightdresses/pjs are you bringing?
    Oh and how big are your gym balls?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

Mink wrote: »
    Notsobusy, pay no attention to that woman, no point stressing over it, she is being inconsiderate end of!

Twomums, go with some men's PJ bottoms, I should have thought of that for myself actually, they are nearly always dark & would be really comfy probably.

I'm a crying mess on and off this evening. I did a good bit of physical work today (cleaning/nesting ;)) and then got the dinner & dessert done. OH had a big gig tonight & needed his black jeans, which were wet on the clothes horse. He was annoyed re this but then he never tells me if he needs something for gigs & I just wash stuff as soon as I can get the previous load dry. He was very short with me when leaving etc.

It wasn't like he specifically gave out to me (cos he may f*ck off if he did) but it was just that bit of being annoyed with me that set me off. I realise now I can't handle it at all, it wouldn't have upset me before, I'm just so sensitive today with being physically tired. Going to have to tell him to just be extra careful with me for the next few weeks. It's literally ruined my whole evening, big panda eyes on me :rolleyes:

must be the weekend for grumpy,narky arsed men;)
    i had the pleasure of sitting in with mine last night and he was being a rite pain in the arse (kinda wished he would feck off out for a while)
    had to cook lunch for 11 yesterday so was wrecked by last night ,
    was not in the mood for himself huffing and puffing away on the couch (he is off the fags for 2 days and like a dog over it)
    watched the most confusing movie ever"safehouse" or something (cia against m16 or maybe cia agaist cia....who knows) and then smartypants himself patronising me when i admitted i was totally lost.:rolleyes:
    i went off to bed in a thick but woke up at 4.30 still cross so ended up watching freinds on the couch for the night,
    roll on monday and he is back to work.....peace:D

Ginny Im taking
    one for labor, 2 for later, and 2 additional are in bag with spare things

• Advertisement

On the age thing Java, there is a 20 yo here after having her third baby! I think the lady next to her who asked the 20yo was it her first nearly fell out of the bed when she said no her third!

All going well so far, we're getting into a little routine I hope. She feeds about every three hours and slept from about half three to half seven with just one little cry. I feel like a new person today :)
    She's a little jaundice and has to have a blood test in a few mins to see what her levels are like. If they are elevated well have to stay one more night for observation.

Ladies, I so can't wait for ye to have your little bundles. It is just the most amazing feeling in the world, there are no words to describe it. Its amazing when someone else is holding her and she hears my voice or her daddys voice and turns towards it. But forget about ever having hot food or drinks ever again![/QUOTE]

ash,that sounds like bliss , cant wait to see its little face,
    best of luck on the test.:)

java i must be getting auld(30) i love the "dirty teenage mam look" makes me feel like a young one again:)

Thanks feest :) I'm actually looking for our crib (Moses basket size) at the moment but will be saving those for the cot :)

I'm not sure they do Saurelin...I think the mass market just supplies what the mass market wants :) pastel blue & pink, lemon & cream...even mint and lilac are hard to find :rolleyes: If I get my way & can do a little experiment :) and sure most of her sleep suits are colourful anyway :)

Update: They do a crib size so will order one with my next order :D

I think I read somewhere about that. Like red make you alert, green calm etc

I found in this shop color sheets

http://www.babycarrierdublin.com/en/browse.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=48&category_id=7

Ours were made by Hubbys auntie, so we have pink, white with small flowers, green with puppies and one white :)

On the age thing Java, there is a 20 yo here after having her third baby! I think the lady next to her who asked the 20yo was it her first nearly fell out of the bed when she said no her third!

Ladies, I so can't wait for ye to have your little bundles. It is just the most amazing feeling in the world, there are no words to describe it. Its amazing when someone else is holding her and she hears my voice or her daddys voice and turns towards it. But forget about ever having hot food or drinks ever again!

ash,that sounds like bliss , cant wait to see its little face,
    best of luck on the test.:)

java i must be getting auld(30) i love the "dirty teenage mam look" makes me feel like a young one again:)[/Quote]

lol i guess your right! its just because im 23 i dont want people to presume the baby was an accident when she wasnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

We bought the same Baby Boum sheets Feest, in orange. If bright colors disturb the baby, our baby is screwed :)

I slept for over 10 hours last night, went for a long walk this morning, and have been for to naps since... i'm wrecked!

Oh Kash how did you manage 10 hours, I'd literally kill for that now!!
    I managed 7 hours in bed last night,I won't call t 7 hours of sleep, was up 3 times to the loo and every 30 mins to turn. My left hip went into spasm again, so now I have a dead hip/leg, it's really weird.

BTW is there a "June" thread at all? Never noticed, Hub commented today that the July thread is very active.....*Waves* Hi Hun!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

I think I've hit a brick wall all of a sudden.. went to the hospital 2 weeks ago and they checked my iron and it was too low so I'm taking two tablets per day and am back there tomorrow for another test, I'm due 2 weeks from tomorrow... My sleep is all over the place, can't get comfortable at all... I'd be fecked if I went into labour now, wouldn't manage one push never mind the lead up to it! :(

:(
    Is there anywhere other then bed that you can get comfortable? Sitting on the couch length ways with my feet up and a memory foam pillow really helps me, I can nap sitting up like that leaning against the back of the couch.
    Have you been on a ball at all?

Ginny my mrs reads the thread too so you can wave to her as well ;) she did ask me if I minded first :)

Saurelin that's true for us all...colours affecting our mood etc. It is one of the reasons are nursery is a sage green colour :) still no reason I shouldn't be able to buy calming green sheets ;) If I was more handy with a sowing machine I would make my own :D but alas I am not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Robinc I felt like that last week: how about the couch? I find the couch great because I can get a bit more comfortable: or I kick hubbie out of the bed for the whole night so I can stretch across. Make sure you tell them how tired you are in the hosp just so they know too :( there really is nothing worse. Hope you feel a bit better soon :)

Mmmn-chicken: i tried to watch safehouse last night too. I gave up and went to bed: I swear to god i could not tell you what was going on in it!

Ginny I have two nightdresses and a pj bottoms in my labour bag: one for being in labour and one for after I give birth. Then I have two pairs in the ward bag and another three pairs for hubby to bring in if needed. I'll have a minimum of 3 days in hosp, 5 if its a section and depending on what time you give birth (think its after 3) it will be 4/6 nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

Ginny wrote: »
    Is there anywhere other then bed that you can get comfortable? Sitting on the couch length ways with my feet up and a memory foam pillow really helps me, I can nap sitting up like that leaning against the back of the couch.
    I wouldn't mind too much being like this only for you need to have some energy for the labour.. I haven't tried the ball, might invest though cause I'll try anything now to get comfortable...

• Advertisement

Robinc wrote: »
    I think I've hit a brick wall all of a sudden.. went to the hospital 2 weeks ago and they checked my iron and it was too low so I'm taking two tablets per day and am back there tomorrow for another test, I'm due 2 weeks from tomorrow... My sleep is all over the place, can't get comfortable at all... I'd be fecked if I went into labour now, wouldn't manage one push never mind the lead up to it! :(

sounds crappy ,maybe try having a swim i always find bubs is quiet for ages after a swim and it gives me time for a rest.

Robinc wrote: »
    Ginny wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind too much being like this only for you need to have some energy for the labour.. I haven't tried the ball, might invest though cause I'll try anything now to get comfortable...
    the ball is great,i love mine for taking the hump off back pain.

babies head is so so so so low i can feel it so much down there,feel like im just waiting for my water to pop

Ginny my mrs reads the thread too so you can wave to her as well ;) she did ask me if I minded first :)

*wave* Hubs has been around boards longer then I have :D We never really cross paths, although he has says I'd be banned in his forums for my strong opinions on rugby...:D
    RobinC, Argos have a good one for €8:50 with a foot pump, if you're close to one, I think it's a pro-fitness one. I just spent an hour on mine bouncing, I swear to god I'll do anything now to make this baby come out at least on time! :D

Javagal try tying your shoelaces...it worked for Kildareash although she wasn't expecting the result ;) Hopefully it won't be too long now as I can't imagine you are very comfortable at the moment!

Cyning are they looking at a possible section for you now?
    My guy is weighing it up and if she hasn't even moved towards engaging by the time I see him next (2 weeks) I reckon he will opt for it!

Cyning are they looking at a possible section for you now?
    My guy is weighing it up and if she hasn't even moved towards engaging by the time I see him next (2 weeks) I reckon he will opt for it!

I'm if the opinion right now that they haven't a notion what to do with me... Seriously. My doc is either sick or on holidays or god knows what I had no scan last week which is what they were going to do to decide.

Baby is average size (at last scan) and head is engaged so I'd far prefer an induction: i don't want a section. What I do want is a plan: which I don't think is too much to ask?

Will your partner go in if it's a section?

Although nothing like your situation...I kinda understand as since a section was first mentioned I've felt like I don't know which way it will go & I have no plan...I'm the kinda person who likes to prepare!

Sounds like an induction is perfect in your situation :)

His concern with me is babies size, my size and my dodgy hip! If she doesn't engage he expects a long labour just to get to 10cm and then a lot of pushing which my hip might not tolerate so after all that I could end up with an emergency section! I trust his judgement...all I want is my baby here safe by any means :) a very long labour would concern me!
    Yep my partner will be with me either way. He said she can do skin to skin while I'm being stitched up & hold the baby next to me so I've some contact. She won't be able to cut the cord due to having a sterile environment which is a shame but she is ok about it :)
    Have to wait & see what he says in two weeks :)

It's the lack of "knowing" that's driving me mad. All along I was told I would go early, I wouldn't make it to 35 weeks etc. then when things improved I was told I shouldn't go past 40 weeks (even when I was TTC) I knew that. Now I have midwives telling me I probably won't be induced etc: so it's the complete lack of any shape of "plan" that's killing me!!

Hubby isn't coming in if it's a section: I don't think he'd be able for it esp after the last day :D

I hate how you can't prepare with labour/giving birth! I just hate how you have no control over it! I wish you knew :) that's the anal retentive control freak in me coming out!!

Yeah cyning I'm like that, I'm wondering how big baby is and people keep asking me why would I want to know. I'd rather know and know what to expect, in fairness though I don't like surprises in general!

• Advertisement

I am definitely not a surprises girl either: also I think the newness of it all probably isn't helping!

Also I now cannot watch soccer on top of home and away or eastenders: I've cried twice over how dissapointed England were to be knocked out: I don't even watch soccer!!

Advertisement