Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Hubby has a bit of an afro thing going on, so I wouldn't wish that on my little girl - she's pretty much guaranteed curls though!

For the rest, we're pretty different, especially in terms of colouring - he's dark and I'm fair, but if she gets his height - she'll be a knock-out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

I hope our little one will have my hubbys eyes.
    I love his eyes :-D
    And definetly his teeth & his sense of humor

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

At our private scan at 28 weeks baby was the image of his dad, I wonder will he look the same when he comes out!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

See it depends on junior being a boy or girl! :D
    I have very curly hair and while it wouldn't be too bad for a girl, I reckon it would be a nightmare for a bloke. I hope they have hubs eyelashes, he just has so many, oh and his feet (I have monkey toes). Hopefully they'll get my skin, I'm quite sallow whereas hubs goes very red and burns easily. We both have nice teeth and small noses and ears. Oh my lips just cause they're a bit bigger. Hubs immune system, the man is a machine, never gets ill, whereas I catch everything going. I hope they get hubs height I'm only 5'6. I hope they have more of hubs personality, he is the calmest, nicest, kindest, most laid back optimistic person I know, whereas I'm a moany ball of stress with a dash of extreme stubbornness and competitiveness thrown in...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I hope my baby gets most from his dad. Tall, brown eyes, great teeth, and so laid back he's almost vertical. But also one of the hardest workers I know ( alongside my daddy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Yep, I hope this little one is like her dad too! His skin is slightly darker than mine & he tans! Lovely green eyes, tall & I hope she gets his brains too!

I cannot wait to meet her now!! Just under 2 weeks and she should be out! Though my brother is home for a the weekend of my due date but no visitors allowed in the hospital so it'd be very helpful if she could make an appearance a few days early and keep everybody happy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

What hospital is that Mamaheidi? Would be a shame if he was home & missed the new arrival! Love green eyes...nearly picked a donor cos of them :D mine are hazel/green!

Most important for us was to match my partners blood type with the donor so if required she may be able to donate blood for our child in an emergency...we also picked him as his personality is similar to my partners :) Whoever she looks like...her nose & lips seem to woo over the consultants :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I really hope baby has hubby's health and not mine anyway ;)

2mums, it's holles st. - just grandparents are allowed to visit. It's actually a rule I like as it'll give us a few days to adjust but at the same time I think it'll be hard for my sister to wait the three days till we get home! My brother will be home again in August so it's not too long to wait but it'd be nice if they could meet this time ;)

Cannot believe we've less than a week to wait until we're into July - the last 9 months just flew by! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

We're all married to total roides it sounds like :D And Twomum's donor is most likely a roide too - all Scandanavian like.

I never thought re personality wise what I'd like for my child. I guess to be creative in something, OH is a musician & I'm a painter so we'd love it if they wanted to take up some art form. But if they turned round & said their passion was to be an accountant, well that's cool too. I guess as long as they're genuinely happy!

• Advertisement

Oh I hope babs has my love for reading and my hubbys outgoing nature :) wouldn't mind if she has the lovely red curly hair he had as a child (untill he was 8: now his hair is dark brown!). And my mil ability to eat anything she wants and not worry about her weight (seriously. The woman ate 8potatoes at dinner the last day. 8!). Oh and hubby's sense of rhythm and my love of an adrenaline rush!

Also I use exclamation marks way too often :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

WOW congrats to Tink!! GO away for a few hours and another one pops!!!

Every twinge I get I'm nearly reaching for my contraction timer app lol!!
    My stomach has gone unbelievably hard since last night that I'm all freaked out that last night I went for a pee and (sorry tmi) It was really really warm, that I thought It was waters!!

I hope our baby is like me, simply because I would love her to be dark like my family, Oh's family are all fair haired, she will be a curly sue for sure as we both has very curly hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

The heartburn is back with a vengence today.....went looking for Arnica and Witch Hazel today and had to buy a bottle of Gaviscon just because I was dying of heartburn. It hasn't been around for a few day. Baby is very quiet today and I got a back pain!!! Haven't had any back pain so far....so of course my overactive imagination thinks it was a contraction.

Very hard to get Arnica 200. Going to have to order it off the internet unless someone wants to drive me to Dublin by Sat.

The man in the health food shop tried to tell me there was no such thing as arnica 200 and was trying to sell me arnica 30 which I have anyway. Jerk!

Nelsons do online shopping don't they? Will that get to you in time? Oh I hope junior has my love of reading. Mink we'd be the opposite, not a creative bone in my body, we're both scientists of sorts, so it'd be strange not having a child into science.

They do but the girl in dublin said if I ring the london shop they'll post it out to me free of charge because the dublin shop is closing and their last postage day was last friday!

If you choose the shop online one they want to charge a fiver for postage!

That's the thing, I don't think you think about personality as much when you can just make a baby as you know they will have a mix of your genes but when you are going through the Argos catalogue of sperm you do look for someone close enough to who they are supplying for :)

On another note - we got our hippychick waterproof sheet today for the crib & I have to say it feels lovely :) nothing like a waterproof sheet!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

Congratualtions Tinkerbell, god I can't wait for it all to be over!!!

Is anyone going to Holles St public????? I can't get over the Dr Foley guy in there, I really think he's a woman hater lol!! I'll be having nightmares about him tonight :)

Not really the job for a woman hater is it :rolleyes: I've heard his name mentioned before & never positively if I remember rightly! Did you meet him today?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

I've had a few encounters with him.. He is in and out in 10 seconds and doesn't give you a chance to even ask a question.. On my last visit I managed to say I was a little concerned cause some of you guys get a lot more movement from the baba than I do and he started rambling (as he walked away from me!) 'ahh some women think its a competition to see who gets the most kicks, just count them', and then he was gone!!

Geez that's not very helpful! If it helps my little one isn't a big mover & shaker but I tend to get my 10 movements by 1pm each day. I'm told my bump is very neat & she is long so I don't think she has had a huge amount of space for sometime now :)

Consultants like that are the main reason we went private...I couldn't bear having to rely on some muppet in me & babs time of need! Fingers crossed he will be on hols when you go into labour :)

• Advertisement

Yep RobinC - I've had the pleasure of meeting him. He made me cry at one visit - very dismissive. Thankfully the last two times I've had another consultant who was really very nice so I'm hoping he's on duty when the big day arrives. If it's any consolation I've a friend who is a midwife there & she told me that he's one of the best at his job & many of the midwives request him because he's such an expert (though a bit of reassurance wouldn't go astray once in a while).

Sometimes the docs with the WORST bedside manner are the best docs: doesn't mean you wouldn't like to feck them out of it at one of the most stressful times in your life :( He sounds horrendous though: I would be mightily unimpressed.

Hosp tomorrow for me... fingers crossed I get a flipping plan this time: and my heart rate doesn't go sky high just from walking into the place! (The walking not the hosp!)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

congrats tink love the name... hope you are both doing well and shell be out of scbu soon!!!

Im so emotional today! either feel stressed, tired or im crying:rolleyes:

My eldest looks and acts like me and 2nd looks and acts like daddy so maybe this 1 will be a mixture:D:D

Ive had lovely docs so fsar, one as pregnant herself and told me to go for the epi if I felt like I wanted it and not to take too much pain, she told me to take anything I needed and speak up. Was quite refreshing from a Dr. I had another consultant last time a lady again who was lovely, actually bent down and helped me up of the examining table.

Is anyone going public in the Rotunda? Wonder if any of us will be in at the same time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

["Argos catalogue of sperm!...thats brilliant TwoMums2Be :)

Our little babs will change features too a lot. My little girl was soooo like her Dad when born it was freaky! The midwife said she's never seen such a strong resemblence. Seriously, it was his head on a pink babygro. She had my dark hair and his blue eyes. Now, 2 yrs on she's blonde with my brown eyes. Still has his lovely smile though and I hope she and this baby will have his temperment, intelligence, sense of humour...everything of his really. Except his love of 80's denim jackets:cool:

Ginny wrote: »
    I had another consultant last time a lady again who was lovely, actually bent down and helped me up of the examining table.

You should have seen my face when I read that....are you telling me they don't all help you up!!!

Don't they say that babies generally start out looking like their fathers...something to do with being recognised as their young & therefore not getting rejected? I'm going back to the cave man/woman era with this theory :D

Actually they may do, before the 32 week appointment I was a lot more mobile...:D The last consultant, she bent down and sorta cradled my back and helped me up, I probably was looking a bit like a stranded turtle...:D

Mobile or not Ginny they should have offered a helping arm :) I've always been offered help by doc & consultant even when I didn't need it :) Now, like you, I'd be pretty stuck without some assistance so if they want me off the bench they would have to help :D

• Advertisement

Ok i think my waters just broke....doing the pad test now to make sure I'm not hallucinating....just got into bed there and was like oops I peed a little bit but now thinking its my waters. I'm also getting what I think are BH/contractions!!!

Advertisement