Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

lovely to hear from you barremic!

Cyning, hope today goes well. keep us posted.

still in an awful amount of pain with my back. do ya think i should ring hospital?

oh is trying to put isofix base out in car!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

If your worried ring the hosp: it might be nothing but better safe than sorry :)

They told me to use heat packs and paracetamol in the hosp Sat :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭minibear

javagal, i'd ring the hospital. They'll ask all the right questions and then advise if it might be a good idea to go in. I had a couple of false alarms before. This might lead to an internal. (if you haven't had one before they're a bit of a shock to the system!)

but at least it would reassure you either way. I've found that if you rest by lying down and if the pain is still there then it might be something happening.
    But better safe than sorry and the midwives are very used to phonecalls asking "is this it".

best of luck. :)

barremic, you must be so happy it's all over now and you have your baby safe and sound. congratulations again.

minibear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

javagal wrote: »
    lovely to hear from you barremic!

Cyning, hope today goes well. keep us posted.

still in an awful amount of pain with my back. do ya think i should ring hospital?

oh is trying to put isofix base out in car!

Definitely ring the hospital and check with them. I know your only two minutes away, but better safe than sorry!

I don't think I'll ever be able to put the car seat in the car myself. Our base is not isofix, just secured by the seatbelt.
    We didn't get it intentionally, but it works out just as well as we would have needed to get a second seat for OH's car. It's handy coz the seat can be used without the base too, coz I know I would just head off with it in my car the whole time and then he wouldn't be able to leave the house if he was looking after the baby.
    My brother has given us the next stage car seat, but we'll probably buy a second one when the times come for whoever is looking after the baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

midwife pretty much said theres no real point in coming in if there's no pattern in my pains. she just said take paracetamol,use my heat pack or bath and bounce on ball.
    told me to come in if the pains get 7 mins apart, baby stops moving or if i find it unbearable.
    feel much better after a hot shower and bounce on ball. gonna go food shopping and bring Kojak for walk then just relax on couch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Java at least you can relax a little & not worry. I found paracetemol did feck all for my back pain a few months ago but different people react differently to painkillers. A bottle of wine would have been great :cool:

Going to a homebirth support meeting tomorrow morning, hopefully hook up with some others who've had their first babies at home. Gives me more of an idea of what to expect rather than someone who's only had their 3rd at home etc.

That's good too Java at least once you've talked to them it makes you feel a little bit more relaxed... even if you still feel like total crap :(

Here's the most up to date list along with Barremic's new arrival duly noted!
    Anyone not on list who wants to be added, just let me know.

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl*
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    ... Cyning-8th July *girl*
    Barremic -9th July *boy* - BORN!!!!!!!!!!
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy*
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl*
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

notsobusy-2nd July
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    mmmn..chicken-21st July
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

minibear wrote: »
    javagal, i'd ring the hospital. They'll ask all the right questions and then advise if it might be a good idea to go in. I had a couple of false alarms before. This might lead to an internal. (if you haven't had one before they're a bit of a shock to the system!)

but at least it would reassure you either way. I've found that if you rest by lying down and if the pain is still there then it might be something happening.
    But better safe than sorry and the midwives are very used to phonecalls asking "is this it".

best of luck. :)

barremic, you must be so happy it's all over now and you have your baby safe and sound. congratulations again.

minibear

Lol with regards to the internal, I'm terrified of them. But when we arrived in emergency, they did one and told me on Sunday, ah sure we will admit u till Wednesday, till I was 37 weeks. Then a second later another doc came in and wanted to do another, I was cranky coz I thought they wernt communicating. When she checked, I explained that because of all my previous surgerys that I had a high pain threshold. One minute they said even though my waters had broken I wasnt in labour, the next all Hell broke loose when they realized I was 3 cm dialated, they coyldnt believe I was still standing. And I was rushed up to theater, baby was out in less than an hour!

Goes to show babies come when they want to!

• Advertisement

Barremic, if you don't mind me asking, did they give a reason for doing an emergency c-section or were you already going to be getting an elective c-section?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Mink wrote: »
    Barremic, if you don't mind me asking, did they give a reason for doing an emergency c-section or were you already going to be getting an elective c-section?

Hi
    mink,

I had to have one because of a problem I have with my hips etc from childhood surgeries. I am normally on one crutch, but have had big mobility issues since pregnany, and have been on two since 14 weeks, with major pelvic pain. My birth canal would have been too difficult, and I don't have much movement in hips, so that's why they were going from the start with c section.

I wasn't expecting to have a labor and contractions etc. So I didn't know what they were in emergency. I was just guessing, and they were getting closer. They were about 6 apart when they realised I was in full labour.

Ask away, if I can help with any of your queries, as I was quite terrified by it all, but understand the process better now.

Oh and I was told, once your waters go, they keep going until baby is out. So each time I had a contraction there was another gush. Glad I was wearing dark tracksuit bottoms. Had a towel for car too. As it doesn't seem to lessen to a trickle at all. Had changed 3 big pads b4 I left house. I don't even own much black, but I was glad I threw on big black tracksuit bottoms and a black vest. It meant I wasn't too concious of people seeing them wet!

Sorry for long post, but while its fresh in my mind!

K so at this stage in the not knowing wether to laugh or cry...

Came in midwife told me I looked tired. Unsurprising!! Did blood pressure pulse and urine. Had ketones of plus 2 which would indicate dehydration/starvation/infection and a pulse of 145. So was put on trace: and the stupid BH that have made life very difficult decided to stop!

Anyway with the high pulse rate they decided they wanted to admit me for observation etc and do a blood gas: where upon my hubby fainted and started to twitch and had to be brought to a&e (like seriously you couldn't make it up). So I was lying in bed totally stressed out exhausted and they made a 2nd attempt at blood gas: something else went wrong blood went everywhere and I nearly fainted... So they got a different doc. Worst test ever I might add.

Then I got an ECG which showed up something they think is thyroid related... But might not be. Either way not affecting baby but it have me a fright! Keeping me in for obs now but they are giving me a sleeping tablet tonight so sleep yay!

So anyway baby okay, hubby ok (mortified though), I'm okay but seriously at this stage you'd just wonder what else can go wrong??

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Oh Cyning I know it must have pretty traumatic for you but that did make me laugh...you're right the best script writers couldn't have come up with it :D glad all is well (as such) & yeah to getting some sleep tonight :)

Hopefully your other half has got the fainting out of his system & will be ready for the big day ;)

I personally thought the best was when he went down to a&e because they insisted they then tried to charge him the hundred euro charge! not that I was there for that :)

Or when the doc who was trying to do the test froze and it was a midwife in the next cubicle who shouted for help! And then she told me after she doesn't normally deal with men: am really?!

Actually in all honestly I got a really bad fright because I didn't know but he goes rigid when he faints: I've never seen him faint. Then his arms went flailing and his tongue stuck out: apparently its something that can happen though with the sight of blood? I swear to god ye must think I make up half this stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Cynning poor you.

I had blood gas done last week as well
    I almost bite the head of doc who done try in my left wrist.
    Bruise is horrible - i look like a junkie
    she wanted to do try on second hand but I did not allow her, so she get someone else to do it.

I visited today my office. it was nice to see good-bay to everyone
    i get gift from my boss - gift card to M&P.
    I was really surprise by it.

I got a different doc and a local anaesthetic after that one tried three times: I also swore if never let her take my blood again so it was kinda my own fault. I have stopped her previously.

Oh well all will hopefully be better tomorrow :)

Saurelin that was so nice of your boss... But really you deserve it after the last few months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭minibear

notsobusy-2nd July
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    minibear - 13th July (being induced) *Girl*
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    mmmn..chicken-21st July
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*

cyning you poor thing what a time you're having. i hope you get the best nights sleep ever. I have had to take sleeping tablets in the past and there's nothing like drifting off and waking up after a full night of rest. Sleep deprivation is a torture in itself. You will feel so much better and it might be just what you need to kickstart your body back into a sleep pattern.

well i had my appointment with the consultant and a scan today. Everything just as it should be so that's such a relief. We're still all systems go for the 13th. I'm back in now Friday for the doppler and then twice a week after that. The wait wasn't half as bad today, but i don't know if that's because we're in so often or just sheer luck today. Either way it was good to be in and out within an hour and a half.

cyning, just thinking about your poor husband, maybe rescue remedy might help for the big day? i've never tried it but lots of people swear by it.

minibear

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Cyning hope you get a really good nights sleep!

I got home to OH's to find he had cut down a massive tree in the garden, thought for a moment he was lying under it but then heard the milk machine going and realised he was milking and not under the tree!

My Dr this morning was hopeless, asked him what to put on my stretch marks for the itching and he just shrugged his shoulders and then informed me that I would have to have a blood test because itching is not good in late on pregnancy! He then said, right oh see you in two weeks if you haven't popped by then......there was a girl sitting beside me and she was 41 weeks pregnant and her bump was half the size of mine and she looked so comfy. I have to admit I was very jealous. :o

Oh Cyning that's our wonderful health system...send you to A&E & then try to charge you for it! I'm assuming he didn't have to pay in the end?
    When I fell I had to pay €100 to have a nurse look at me & then a doc look at me & both say "well I don't think it's broken" but come back in 10 days (& pay another €100) if you think it is! It was broken or cracked at least but it healed straight thankfully :)

What kinda doc is she...surely a human being fainting is the same for both genders?!?

Rescue remedy might help but I would suggest he tries it first...they do black currant pastels which taste ok :)

Hopefully you will have your little one with you soon :)

• Advertisement

Notsobusy - did he actually do the blood test? We've always liked our doc but having read about some of yours she really is wonderful :D she told us she looks forward to our list of questions each visit :) it's like doctor mastermind :D

Thanks for the fill-in barremic, I guess they weren't expecting you to go early. Also good tip re the waters, it makes sense as even when you lose your waters, your body will keep making them to keep around baby.

Cunning, oh my god!! Hope your feeling okay and the look after you in there. Sounds more like your OH had a slight fit. I've seen a couple go down like that when they saw someone else go into an actual epileptic fit. I'm not saying he's epileptic obviously, just that he's sensitive to what he saw. Sometimes I'm a bit worried similar might happen to my OH as he's sensitive to seeing needles and such.

What's blood gas test? Doesn't sound pleasant

Notsobusy your doc sounds a bit mad: like why send u away with no relief or sign of it? Try calamine lotion maybe?

Ya twomums that doc is a bit daft: she's a junior doc I think and every time I meet her I kinda wonder of she's getting any better: she really isn't the poor creatur she hates seeing me. But that's not much good if u need a doc either!

Thanks for the fill-in barremic, I guess they weren't expecting you to go early. Also good tip re the waters, it makes sense as even when you lose your waters, your body will keep making them to keep around baby.

Cunning, oh my god!! Hope your feeling okay and the look after you in there. Sounds more like your OH had a slight fit. I've seen a couple go down like that when they saw someone else go into an actual epileptic fit. I'm not saying he's epileptic obviously, just that he's sensitive to what he saw. Sometimes I'm a bit worried similar might happen to my OH as he's sensitive to seeing needles and such.

A blood gas test is where they stick a big needle deep into your wrist into an artery in order to measure the oxygen in your blood: it's visciously sore and it took 3 goes :( I actually think it was me crying that was the last straw for him :( It's not a normal preg test just in case anyone worried :)

I think they said a vaso vagal faint or something similar? I thought fit too but the midwives and docs assured me it wasn't.

I'm now really worried about labour ward too :(

Cyning, oh my god!! Hope your feeling okay and the look after you in there. Sounds more like your OH had a slight fit. I've seen a couple go down like that when they saw someone else go into an actual epileptic fit. I'm not saying he's epileptic obviously, just that he's sensitive to what he saw. Sometimes I'm a bit worried similar might happen to my OH as he's sensitive to seeing needles and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Jesus Cyning, every time I read one of your posts I just want to give u a hug. Hope that sleeping tablets gets you a good eight hours tonight and ur hubby is feeling better.

Went cinema tonight and I can't decide if baby loved the film or hated it, but it felt like it was practicing for jumping on our bed in a couple of years time!

I promise when not pregnant I am not half as dramatic... I'm actually a bit boring :) Im also definitely not half as moany!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Oh jesus cynning that sounds horrific!!!

No he didn't do the bloodtest, i went down to the lab and the lovely pheblomist(sp) did it. I barely felt it :-)

He did tell me that the babys head was well down and hopefully things will start moving soon!

• Advertisement

I love phlebotomists... Soo much better than docs: they never have a prob they just take the blood and that's it!

Advertisement