Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

cyning wrote: »
    I promise when not pregnant I am not half as dramatic... I'm actually a bit boring :) Im also definitely not half as moany!

Considering what you have been/are going through I don't think you are moany at all :) I've known women who have had pretty easy pregnancies do a lot more moaning than you do ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

I had horrible night.
    my feet were swollen from walking and I wasnt able to find any comfy position
    when I finally fall a sleep it was around 2 am. I wake up at 5 with nausea. I was so sick that I didnt make it to bathroom.
    I was praying that morning sickness will not come back and I let myself to belive that Im actually free of it.

I feel today like old grumpy, not happy at all hipo :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

7 babies born here last night... 7!!! And there are another 3 in the middle of being induced: mental!

Saurelin wrote: »
    I had horrible night.
    when I finally fall a sleep it was around 2 am. I wake up at 5 with nausea. I was so sick that I didnt make it to bathroom.
    I was praying that morning sickness will not come back and I let myself to belive that Im actually free of it.

Oh yuck Saurelin... Hopefully it might just be a once off because you did so much yesterday?

Relax and do nothing and stick your feet up :) I know how sucky it is :(

I had horrible night.

Oh yuck Saurelin... Hopefully it might just be a once off because you did so much yesterday?

Relax and do nothing and stick your feet up :) I know how sucky it is :(
    I hope it is it and relax will help.
    Maybe I will start knitting baby blanket again :-)

• Advertisement

Do... Infinitely better than cleaning or tidying! I wish I'd thought to bring my knitting :) although wrist is killing me today so how practical it would be is another thing altogether... How long did it take yours to stop hurting?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh cyning hope you and hubby are feeling better this morning!!

Is it packed in there now?

I think I'm coming close to the end of being able to get in and out to work, the walk from the bus was just painful this morning. It's like the bones between my legs in my groin are just giving up, I've still got that tender spot on my stomach and actually cried out last night when I brushed against it! :(

Ginny you probably should get that looked at by your doc to see if they can do anything for you...it sounds awful!

7 babies Cyning that's mad...we are def in a baby boom! Funny how the Irish produce babies like nobodies business when we have no money :)
    Hope you three are feeling much better today!

Saurelin no cleaning for you today...put your feet up & relax!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I had horrible night.

Unless you want all the July mammies waddling there way to your house today...you better sit down and put those feet up today! No cleaning, organising or anything for you today.
    7 babies born here last night... 7!!! And there are another 3 in the middle of being induced: mental!

Wow! 7 babies...I wonder was there some big event nine months ago, that got us all in the mood!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Saurelin I think my maternity leave will be like yours - unable to get sleep and wanting to do lots but not being able!

I just can't get comfy in bed as when I'm on either side my thighs go numb. There is a fine balancing act I have to do where I'm not on my back but tilted. Then wake up each time I've to move and rearrange my 6 pillows haha. I've still got 5 weeks to go.

Loads of braxton hicks yesterday evening, still don't know what brings them on.

How are you today cyning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

7 babies wow!
    took two paracetamol and a glass of hot milk before bed last night and slept like the dead!

dont like taking pain killers but i needed the rest!

waking up with Moses basket in our room is strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

The baby had hiccups last night and the head must be well done because i couod feel them in my bottom!! Weirdest feeling ever!

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Ginny you probably should get that looked at by your doc to see if they can do anything for you...it sounds awful!

7 babies Cyning that's mad...we are def in a baby boom! Funny how the Irish produce babies like nobodies business when we have no money :)
    Hope you three are feeling much better today!

Saurelin no cleaning for you today...put your feet up & relax!

I'm still in bed. just had toast.i will ve god today. feel to tired to do anything.
    Im glad i made dinner last night and i need to reheat it only.

My mum and my mil told me that i should men up.
    Knowing how much help and people around during pregnancy and post delivery they both had I get angry and told them what I think.
    Neither if them remembered anything I pointed out and they just stoped.
    my mum of course started crying that she wants whats best for me! How raising my bp is going to help?!

Cyning my left wrist was still sore on saturday (test done tuesday afternoon) my right was ok two days after test.

Do u think can a baby be bored into coming out?
    At a meeting this morn and it's dragging on!

kildareash wrote: »
    Do u think can a baby be bored into coming out?
    At a meeting this morn and it's dragging on!
    If that was possible then I shd had my baby weeks ago after one of meetings with my boss :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm torn between wanting this baby to come out right now, and wanting it to stay in there. I didn't know it was possible to be simultaneously so terrified and yet so excited. My gentlebirth CDs are great for relaxing me, but i worry i'm not using them enough. And I had an almighty blubbering session yesterday - I sobbed non-stop for 40 minutes, all over some silly little thing that hubby said. And I never do that.

I'm usually ridiculously relaxed and confident, so this constant 'Defcon level 5' feeling makes me feel completely lost, like I've been invaded by aliens. Aaarghh! :o

In less moany/ranty news, I finally bought a nappy bin and some mesh bags for bunging the whole thing in the wash. Is it weird that I am actually looking forward to the nappies? The colours are just so cute!!

I don't think 7 in a night is that uncommon these days...who would be a midwife in a recession :D

Kash I'm with you - I'd love to have my baby today if I could go collect her from a shop like the buggy etc but the process of getting her here means I'm happy for to stay put for the time being :)

Are you doing reuseable nappies? I have seen some in cute bright colours :) I can't say the pooping part has me giddy with excitement but each to their own ;)

Haha Defcon level 5 - love that.

Can anyone tell me what the blood gas test is???

Went to the homebirth support meeting this morning & it was great. Lots of ladies there & met a lady who had her first with my midwife. She went into labour at midnight, the midwife came at about 2 or 3am and she was already 7cm, had her at about 5 or 6am. I'd love a straightforward birth like that!

Just feel even more excited & confident about the whole thing! Have my birthing pool reserved so going to collect it at 37 weeks. It looks so comfy & I can use it as a play pool or ball pool for my kiddie when he's older.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

is everyone bringing nappy sacks to hospital? can't imagine they change bins after every poop so to save the smell!

• Advertisement

I would definitely bring them. They could be handy for storing soiled baby clothes (inevitable) to be brought home to be washed. You may or may not want to salvage whatever knickers you go through but I think most people bin them - that's why I got a cheap pack of them from Penneys.

7 in a night when there's only 3 labour rooms not so good though ;)

All good now in waiting on a doc but this place is mental! There's three here in the ward with me in labour: 2 have just had their waters broken and all 3 getting contractions!!

A blood gas test is where they want to accurately measure all the levels of oxygen co2 etc in your system: wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy: my wrist is purple this morn!

I was accidentally really rude to one of the midwives: pharmacist rang me because my tablets were pulled from the Irish market this morning for quality issues and she was trying to explain to me and midwife came at same time and I never copped she was trying to talk to me and now I feel bad :( so not like me. Also they've pulled my tablets so god knows what I'll do now. Endo told me to keep taking them for now.

Nappy bags are on our list of things for the hosp ward! Along with a small plastic bowl for water for nappy changing!

Mink for you re gas test
    A blood gas test is where they stick a big needle deep into your wrist into an artery in order to measure the oxygen in your blood: it's visciously sore and it took 3 goes :( I actually think it was me crying that was the last straw for him :( It's not a normal preg test just in case anyone worried :)

I think they said a vaso vagal faint or something similar? I thought fit too but the midwives and docs assured me it wasn't.

I'm now really worried about labour ward too :(

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arterial_blood_gas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Hi girls.

Cyning, you poor thing all that drama with hubby etc...thankfully you are in the right place! I think my hubby will faint in the labour room.

Had appointment in midwives clinic this morning, such a lovely midwife!! She was so sweet about my piles situation was telling me all the tricks that worked for her when she had them.
    Baby's head is still down, baby likes to boogie by sticking their ass out as far as it will go.. Ouch! She said feels like a long baby, not surprising as hubby is 6ft 3.

She wants me to come back in 3 weeks when I'll be 39 weeks and she'll offer me a sweep.

Back to work tomorrow, 2 days this week...how bad.
    Does anyone know what the story is with medical Certs? A girl I work with ( who's out on may leave now) said if you take more than 3 days off then you need to get a different type of cert and you have to go to the social as work won't pay you. Not sure if that's just where I work ( wouldn't surprise me) or everywhere.

Thanks Saurelin, I must have missed that post Cyning sorry!!!

silly wrote: »
    Hi girls.

Cyning, you poor thing all that drama with hubby etc...thankfully you are in the right place! I think my hubby will faint in the labour room.

Had appointment in midwives clinic this morning, such a lovely midwife!! She was so sweet about my piles situation was telling me all the tricks that worked for her when she had them.
    Baby's head is still down, baby likes to boogie by sticking their ass out as far as it will go.. Ouch! She said feels like a long baby, not surprising as hubby is 6ft 3.

She wants me to come back in 3 weeks when I'll be 39 weeks and she'll offer me a sweep.

Back to work tomorrow, 2 days this week...how bad.
    Does anyone know what the story is with medical Certs? A girl I work with ( who's out on may leave now) said if you take more than 3 days off then you need to get a different type of cert and you have to go to the social as work won't pay you. Not sure if that's just where I work ( wouldn't surprise me) or everywhere.

You cant take anymore than three days uncertified leave at a time. My doc just wrote out a cert for me and i told my boss doc had certified me and gave it to him when I returned to work.

A few years ago when I was on long term sick leave with my back I had to get the social Certs so the company cld claims back what they were paying me.

I'd say check with ur boss or hr dept, as every where has different policies.

You cant take anymore than three days uncertified leave at a time. My doc just wrote out a cert for me and i told my boss doc had certified me and gave it to him when I returned to work.

A few years ago when I was on long term sick leave with my back I had to get the social Certs so the company cld claims back what they were paying me.

Thanks, yeah i think if i take more than 3 days i will have to go to social. I will ask my boss tomorrow when i go back. I have a dr cert to do me for the last 3 days. hoping to work tomorrow and friday, go to the dr on monday and get a cert for 3 more days. and then work next thur and fri and then try and get a cert for my last 3 days...

silly wrote: »

Thanks, yeah i think if i take more than 3 days i will have to go to social. I will ask my boss tomorrow when i go back. I have a dr cert to do me for the last 3 days. hoping to work tomorrow and friday, go to the dr on monday and get a cert for 3 more days. and then work next thur and fri and then try and get a cert for my last 3 days...

Are u feeling up to working? Don't go back unless you're able.

Anyone else feeling movement right down there when baby moves? It's not happening all the time but occasionally I do.

Anyone else feeling movement right down there when baby moves? It's not happening all the time but occasionally I do.

I do! Especially since Monday night, I thought to myself it couldn't get any lower! Thought waters would break for sure!

Midwives told me to make sure in the labour room to tell them that I'm not to push until baby's head is visible and I am to lie on my left hand side. ( this is all cos of the piles.)

• Advertisement

I'm hooome :D

Silly I'm really worried about hubbie fainting in delivery room now too: dunno what I'll do :rolleyes:

All BH have practically stopped: I was dehydrated (just to be careful if you get too much diarrahea towards the end :p), and exhausted so a bit of sleep and hydration and much better. Babies head is engaged and she is nice and active... I feel ten times better and think babs will prolly stay put for another bit now!

I'm supposed to take it very easy now though!

Advertisement