Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Maybe there was a smartie time lag :) glad to hear all was well with the trace! Must have been a relief after an 8 hour silence :)

I think I'm off to ikea today :)

Oh & I had a scary thought this morning! Chantelle & Alex might name their baby the name we have picked!!! Not sure I could cope with that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Enjoy Ikea!!

Don't think about Chantelle & Alex... We haven't told anyone what we naming babs and it staying that way: it's a surprise :) babs name will suit them no matter what!

Thanks Cyning :)

I'm sure they won't :D but if they do me & Javagal will go get them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Who are Chantalle and Alex? Famous folk? That would suck indeed though.

So I finally got off my bum and packed the hospital bags, delighted with myself now so I am :D I washed the baby clothes and didn't all the yellow things run into the white things so now all the things look like they're all stained with wee. Its not very pleasant, though they all smell lovely! That's all my baby clothes too so just ruined everything in one foul swoop! d'oh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Oh dear, I wouldn't have thought yellow would run into the whites, I normally do a dark wash and a light wash (which includes yellows) so I'll have to be careful. I'm waiting for another dry weekend to wash all the baby's stuff cos I don't have a dryer!

Gave OH a card just to mark father's day and I'd gotten a baby gro with a guitar on it saying Daddy Rocks, he liked that! He wishes baby would come out wearing it! Does anyone else put their baby clothes up against their bump to check the fit haha?

Did some house scrubbing yesterday, lasted about an hour or two and that was me done for the day. Nesting is hard work.

I slept from 1am til about 9, got up for a pee & went back to bed til 12, couldn't believe it. I was definitely achey in the back and hips from being in bed that long but I needed that sleep.

By the way, anyone suffering with a bit of constipation - prune juice works! One glass was enough! BH's not too bad today at all.

Making a big Carmella Soprano style lasagne at the moment, yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Who are Chantalle and Alex? Famous folk? That would suck indeed though.

So I finally got off my bum and packed the hospital bags, delighted with myself now so I am :D I washed the baby clothes and didn't all the yellow things run into the white things so now all the things look like they're all stained with wee. Its not very pleasant, though they all smell lovely! That's all my baby clothes too so just ruined everything in one foul swoop! d'oh!

Try soaking them in a bit of milton, if you have it, if not a tiny bit of bleach in the sink. An hour or not too much longer usually fixes most colour runs. If it comes out u can then wash them normally. It takes longer when things go pink. The yellow will hopefully come out easier.

My mam swears by Milton, all white bras freshen up in it too!

Alex used to be married to Jordan and Chantelle is a reality "star!!!"

Nyquist if that doesn't work there's a thing in the laundry aisle that will remove colour runs: can't for the life of me remember what it's called but it should be where the colour catcher and tumble drier sheets are!

I

Just back from ikea :) started by getting stuck in the lift :D but all went well from then on! Thanks again mink for the discount voucher :)

I swear by colour catchers...we now wash in loads of clothes types rather the lights or darks! You can reuse them too which makes the box last longer :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Ash your knee might be taking extra weight from lying on your side, I know mine is achy every now and again from it. Got himself a card from Funky Pigeon with the scan printed on the inside, I think he liked it....:D
    Baby has hiccups in my groin again, weirdest feeling ever!!

Right dug out the handout they gave us in the Rotunda for the bags:
    For Delivery:
    You
    • 2 Night dresses
    • Dressing Gown
    • Slippers
    • Camera/Music
    • Bottled water/Fruit juice
    • Snacks
    • Personal Toiletries: Large dark towel, soap, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste, lipbalm, knickers (disposable or otherwise) bra, pack of maternity pads
    Baby:
    • 2 Babygros
    • 2 Vests
    • 2 Cardigans
    • Baby hat
    • 2 Towels
    • Nappies (about 10)
    • Cotton wool
    • Baby bath liquid
    • Tissues
    • Bibs

Following Delivery:
    • 2-3 Night dresses
    • Panties, Bra and breast pads
    • Tracksuit or leisure suit
    • Exta baby clothing
    • Baby going home outfit
    • blanket for baby going home
    • phone charger
    • Baby car seat (on discharge)

There's a documentary on Discovery now all about from conception to birth!

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me which guineys in Dublin has the baby stuff? Is it the one nearest O' Connell...it's been some time since I was in a guineys in Dublin :)

I think it's that one?
    Are people actually bringing cardigans to the hospital? I'm allergic to wool so I'm not too keen one them and I'm worried junior would be allergic too.

I have cardigans anyway: if your worried don't bother with them: hospital is so warm anyway they'll probably never be used!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

TwoMums2Be wrote: »

Aww no , i loved the fact it was a generally un used name!

i am so happy for barremic! and curious, and jealous lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

javagal wrote: »
    TwoMums2Be wrote: »

Aww no , i loved the fact it was a generally un used name!

i am so happy for barremic! and curious, and jealous lol!

I know, I'm actually checking her post on the Facebook page every 5 minutes for updates, like she's really going to be bothering with the internet now til its all over! Lads its so exciting, can't believe the first of us are ready to go already!

In other news, I've finally finished out my big bottle of bio oil I've had since Christmas time, I actually felt kinda bad throwing the empty bottle in the bin, like I was betraying an old friend! I miss being a sane person sometimes!

Barremic in labour for anyone not on the facebook page :D

Chantelle & Alex had their baby today and didn't announce a name so I'd say your okay :p

They had a girl too.

I had an almighty panic attack last night, worried about when junior is out, when I can't protect them all the time. What if they're a shy child, what if they're bullied, what if they get ill? I know completely irrational, it passed after a while, stupid hormones!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

cyning wrote: »

Wow! Hope she's doing ok. Anybody know what her due date is? How early is she?

mamaheidi wrote: »
    cyning wrote: »

Wow! Hope she's doing ok. Anybody know what her due date is? How early is she?

she.s 3 weeks early. 9th July edd same as me ,

properly lost my plug a few mins ago and Cyning a while ago.

we are moving ladies!

She due the 9th July so she is 37 weeks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Wow! I'm the 8th...eek! Makes it all so real now that the first has gone. Java-keep us updated if you make a move now! I'm a bag of nerves when it hits me that I'm going to be in labour some time in the next few weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Ginny wrote: »
    I think it's that one?
    Are people actually bringing cardigans to the hospital? I'm allergic to wool so I'm not too keen one them and I'm worried junior would be allergic too.

What about cotton cardigans-shouldn't be allergic and they wouldn't be so warm (with the hospital being so hot).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

So pretty much barremic will have a baby in the next 48hrs!!! They don't let you go 24hrs over waters breaking without going into labour. That is just so mad!!

Why am I still up?!?! That'll teach me to sleep til 12 and then have a coffee so late in the evening, wtf was I thinking

Your just preparing for the sleeplessness when babs gets here that's all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Whoop whoop she had a boy! So happy for her. did she know whether she was having a boy or girl?

notsobusy wrote: »
    Whoop whoop she had a boy! So happy for her. did she know whether she was having a boy or girl?

she didn't know!

Congrats barrimac and your new baby boy -what a great weight for 3 weeks early!

on my way to my own house now. oh is in work but i feel a lot more comfy knowing if my water breaks im at home lol!

bouncy ball and bed for the day!

Congrats Barremic on having our due in July first born :D Enjoy your first morning as his mammy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

This is all getting scarily REAL!!!
    I don't want to go into labour until I get rid of these piles first.... I will REFUSE to push...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Fantatastic news - and so it's a boy to get the ball rolling!

• Advertisement

Right so even though I'm one of the last due I'll be finishing my bag tonight. Maternity pad-wise which ones did you get?

Advertisement