Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

9 Girls
    4 Boys
    9 Surprises

If current stats run out we should end up with around 15 girls to 7 boys :) will be interesting to see how it ends up!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

I'm still lost for a name! Even knowing I'm having a girl you would think I should have a few by now!! I'm hoping when she comes out a light will go off in my head lol:)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Wowee I see I am one of the first to pop, knowing my luck I'll end up being last :D

I can't believe we're nearly there!

Robinc we have changed our minds on the names already. So have narrowed down another girls name and using the name we had picked as a second name and have about 5 boys names including the original one we had picked. So we're just going to wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

OH would love a little girl so hoping it will be a girl so we don't have to think to hard about names! It's amazing though loads of people thought he would be the type to want a boy including myself and I was gobsmacked when he told me he would love a little girl!

I'm just about to go name googling again now!.. want something short, even if I can get a short list of three I'll be happy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I'd love to have a short list of names and see what suits the baby, but OH says he doesn't believe in that!
    His surname makes it difficult to pick a name too. Certain names don't go with it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

baby should not be allowed have hiccups and kick and punch at the same time :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    9 Girls
    4 Boys
    9 Surprises

If current stats run out we should end up with around 15 girls to 7 boys :) will be interesting to see how it ends up!

God it is so tempting to find out..... We have managed to stay strong so far so hope not to cave in. have a really funny feeling its a boy based on so many girls on list so far!

Im seriously thinking about starting to pack my hospital bag today - even though I pretty much have most stuff bought its just to get it into the bag.

Can anyone tell me what sort of bag they are using for the ward etc - I saw a girl going into the hospital with a suitcase last time I was there????

I'm just using a sports bag but not sure if everything is gonna fit it! Don't really want to use a case.. I wasn't planning on bringing a seperate labour ward bag but at the antenatal classes last week they stressed to leave your main bag in the car and just bring a small bag to the labour ward so I'll bring an oversized shoulder bag for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I've emailed that final list to myself so that we have it, it will undoubtedly get lost again amongst pages and pages of posts!

Java how'd you get on with hospital?

Getting lots of kicks around ribs now, it sometimes feels like he has 10 knees, elbows, feet etc.

There's a great show on that Home & Health channel called Home Birth Diaries. Seems to be on at 2pm everyday. Even if you're not having a home birth, it shows pretty straightforward births with just a couple midwives handling it, which is what most of ye will end up with in the hospital anyway. It's good cos not as dramatic as One Born.

There was one the other day where it was a midwife having her own homebirth in the birthing pool, the baby came out & wasn't breathing (which often happens) and they got him breathing pretty quickly, it was just reassuring to see that it does happen & easily sorted out. But it wasn't as edited as One Born so you saw the head as it was starting to emerge & then the whole baby coming out. I was watching it going "how the hell am I supposed to get a baby out of that little place?" I guess you just do though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

kildareash wrote: »
    I'd love to have a short list of names and see what suits the baby, but OH says he doesn't believe in that!
    His surname makes it difficult to pick a name too. Certain names don't go with it!!!!

Good Morning,
    Ash same problem re hubbys surname it has a lot of vowels in it and doesn't suit a lot of the names I love - my maiden name would have been so much easier...

Kiwi at antenatal class they said you can only bring in a 10 kg size bag (Ryanair size) as that's all that will fit in your locker, I still have loads to go into mine and it's already full. Think I will leave another bag in the car with the extra towels, nappies and other bulky things and hubby can take them in as we need them..

Picked up our new car on friday, feels huge compared to what we're used to - am a nervous wreck trying to get in in and out of our teeny tiny driveway - am going to invest in parking sensors prob work out cheaper than a new bumper :rolleyes:

Going moses basket shopping today - any suggestions???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Robinc wrote: »
    I'm just using a sports bag but not sure if everything is gonna fit it! Don't really want to use a case.. I wasn't planning on bringing a seperate labour ward bag but at the antenatal classes last week they stressed to leave your main bag in the car and just bring a small bag to the labour ward so I'll bring an oversized shoulder bag for that!

I'm a terrible over-packer so I think I'm going to have to repack my bags several times to try and reduce the amount of stuff I would bring. I have to have the bags ready anyway in case I need to transfer to hospital.

Mink wrote: »
    I'm a terrible over-packer so I think I'm going to have to repack my bags several times to try and reduce the amount of stuff I would bring. I have to have the bags ready anyway in case I need to transfer to hospital.

I did too! I have a weekend bag for the labour ward with my pjs/nightdress/slippers/etc all my bits and pieces, and then a small suitcase for the ward with all of babies stuff. It is IMPOSSIBLE to fit everything in they want you to bring so much stuff in :rolleyes:

I have all of babies bits in the Eumum bag at the top of my labour bag, and a spare tshirt for hubbie too just to be on the safe side :D

U feel our pain so trions! In our case it's kinda rude! Terrible that u know the kid is going to get teased in school over it no matter what we do!

I've put my stuff for the labour ward in one of those cabin bags, and was using a sports bag for my ward bag. The labour bag is only about half full but the other one is full. By the time u pack nappies and blankets there is a lot of space gone already.

OH is panicking because I haven't the bags zipped up! He thinks im leaving it too late and he's going to be panicking trying to add the last few bits when I go into labour! I have everything I need for the first couple of days just have to get some toiletries. Showed him my list all ticked off last night so he was a bit more reassured and I have to order some comics from amazon for him this wk. I have to print off a fresh list and repack the bags with him so he knows everything is there this week!

Don't think it was the iron tablet that made me feel queasy the other day. I started using this multi seed porridge, during the wk too. I didn't have it yesterday or the day before and I wasn't queasy. Had it this morn and I feel crap again. My body does not like bird seed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm finding it really hard to fit everything in to the bags too!
    Almost there though, I think it's just missing some toiletries.

I've felt really crappy the last few days, I have a very sore throat and tickley cough. I was in a deep sleep this morning, dreaming and everything, and woke up coughing so hard that I actually vomited. Gave poor hubby an awful fright.
    I'm drinking honey and lemon like my life depends on it, but it just doesn't seem to be getting better :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

felt much better after i spent some time on my ball thing-
    went for a hike with Kojak this morning too and now i feel great so happy days!

Java a hike??!! Jeez walking up the stairs is enough for me these days :eek: Glad your feeling better now though :)

Kash hope you feel better soon...

My mil is showed me all the bits shes buying for baby for a basket of practical stuff today: she has vaseline, sudocrem, caldascene, more johnsons bath stuff then I have EVER seen in my life, cottonwool, cotton buds, wipes etc... i know shes very annoying sometimes but she really is great :D

Anyone know can I get a crown put on my tooth when pregnant? All the prep work is done I just couldn't get the permanent one done before wedding and then I got pregnant and really sick: and know the temporary yoke is cracked and loose etc. I have no idea if id even be able to cope with a dentist in my mouth though... just aaaggh!

haven't a clue about dentists cyning!!!

Well, maybe it wasnt quite a hike more like a long walk around a forest, got chased by a new mammy swan too! She didn't seem to hear about the code between pregnant ladies

Oh god I have visions of you running away with a swan chasing you :D sorry but put a big smile on my face!!

I'd be attacked by the swan coz I certainly wldnt be able to run away! Thought I was going to keel over doing the grocery shopping today!

Cyning, it's safe to have the anaesthetic, I had to have a tooth taken out a few months ago. I think it's a really small amount that they give u.

• Advertisement

I hate the dentist... and I bet after vomiting non stop my teeth are ruined.

Pwfft.

Kildareash I would definately have been attacked by the swan :P

cyning wrote: »
    I hate the dentist... and I bet after vomiting non stop my teeth are ruined.

Pwfft.

Kildareash I would definately have been attacked by the swan :P

I hate the dentist ever since One who stank of cigarettes locked my jaws when I was a teen. Had an awful fear ever since.

It is important to see the dentist during pregnancy tho because this gum disease can get worse. I have it anyway, so I've had to go to the dentist every three months to have my teeth cleaned. This baby is costing me a fortune!!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Java a hike??!! Jeez walking up the stairs is enough for me these days :eek: Glad your feeling better now though :)

Kash hope you feel better soon...

My mil is showed me all the bits shes buying for baby for a basket of practical stuff today: she has vaseline, sudocrem, caldascene, more johnsons bath stuff then I have EVER seen in my life, cottonwool, cotton buds, wipes etc... i know shes very annoying sometimes but she really is great :D

Anyone know can I get a crown put on my tooth when pregnant? All the prep work is done I just couldn't get the permanent one done before wedding and then I got pregnant and really sick: and know the temporary yoke is cracked and loose etc. I have no idea if id even be able to cope with a dentist in my mouth though... just aaaggh!

Cyning I had filling done. My dentist said it safe to do so.

Okay I will go see what dentist says tomorrow... I still don't know if I'll be able to do anything though what with my fondness for vomiting and all :D all i can do is go and see!! If she'd put on another temporary crown i'd be happy out!

I can not get over how well I am feeling though... I slept last night, I haven't puked in a week, my heartburn seems to have disappeared: honestly if pregnancy was this easy all along it wouldn't have bothered me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Hi girls.

Knackered from the weekend, sister stayed over with her 3 kids last night and I'm shattered from them!
    I had a pounding headache last night, had to get up at 4.30am to take some tablets. Had very little sleep.
    Aaaaand my 11 yr old drank all my 7up!!!! I rarely drink fizzy drinks as I get quite gassy after them but lately water just isn't quenching my thirst! So I'm peeved and too tired to go to the shop.

Re the bags. ( will try and post pic on fb tomorrow) I am using the eumum bag to bring to labour ward with baby's first outfit and little bits like lip balm etc...
    My other bag is a case with everything else ( except my going home outfit) in it. There will be nothing for my hubby to throw in last min as I have a spare phone charger, and I'll have my camera charged and in the bag already.

Cyning, delighted your feeling good girl! enjoy it!

starting painting tomorrow, nesting is unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭minibear

Hi girls, long itme lurker here and i've been following all your journeys for the last while. I'm due on July 25th.

Looking at the other threads here on boards i can't believe how many are due in July compared to other months! what was it about October, did we have a cold spell that necessitated a bit of extra snuggling? :)

javagal wrote: »

Ah here now your starting to make me feel bad... You do more at 35 weeks pregnant then I do not pregnant :D I Was half thinking of knitting a hat to match my cardi tomorrow!!

Hi minibear and welcome :) last oct was definitely a busy one!!

Ah here now your starting to make me feel bad... You do more at 35 weeks pregnant then I do not pregnant :D I Was half thinking of knitting a hat to match my cardi tomorrow!!

lol,my house is just pissing me off and oh refused to paint it so i purposely spilt things on the wall or let the dining chairs scrape the wall so he'd have to let me paint Mwahaha!

• Advertisement

lol,my house is just pissing me off and oh refused to paint it so i purposely spilt things on the wall or let the dining chairs scrape the wall so he'd have to let me paint Mwahaha!

Evil genius! Don't over do it tho...u shld be conserving ur energy :)

Advertisement