Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Sale in mothercare?? Must have a look tomorrow.
    Got the nursing bras, shld u just get a cup size bigger than u r now? Dolly Parton will look flat chested in comparison if I get any bigger!

I think I only need the nipple cream that ive seen recommended on a few lists, earplugs (going to get them but probably won't use them) and tea tree oil left to get. And then just pack the bags properly!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Yeah it was in the one in Jervis St. I also got a pair of shorts for a fiver. Not a massive sale, just a few bits and pieces :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

kildareash wrote: »

I think I only need the nipple cream that ive seen recommended on a few lists, earplugs (going to get them but probably won't use them) and tea tree oil left to get. And then just pack the bags properly!

I found witch hazel very good for the aul stitches 11 yrs ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Cyning, my baby was the exact same last night,

had a cry at about 3am cause i felt the babys head moving at my cervix and its very uncomfortable,
    oh said he woke up cause of the noise i was making in my sleep and looked at my belly (been too hot for covers or clothes) and saw a foot print sticking out!

mamaheidi,i got some funky color discharge too but my gp told me you can loose your plug and it rebuilds itself.

have my ante natal class tomorrow and then gp for blood-fun!

javagal wrote: »

had a cry at about 3am cause i felt the babys head moving at my cervix and its very uncomfortable,
    oh said he woke up cause of the noise i was making in my sleep and looked at my belly (been too hot for covers or clothes) and saw a foot print sticking out!

mamaheidi,i got some funky color discharge too but my gp told me you can loose your plug and it rebuilds itself.

Is ur ante natal class in the parish centre tomorrow? Well be at that class...can't imagine what they're going to fill the time
    With.

• Advertisement

my sister just rang me - she got a txt from her 6yr olds school saying that there is an outbreak of "slapped cheek" in the school. They sent on the following link: www.slappedcheek.com
    As you can see its fairly dangerous for pregnant women - esp up to 20 weeks.

My sister stayed with me on sunday night with her kids and her youngest (3yrs old) wasnt feeling well...she had some of the symptoms mentioned on the website. She had really red cheeks - sis thought she was hot, but her temp was fine each time she checked..so she wasnt sure what the red cheeks were from...so it could possibly be the slapped cheek..?? even though the txt was from her older sisters school, not hers..

Just rang my dr. and she is off today, so i will ring her tomorrow morning..
    i'm a bit worried now.

Right I'm off to the Dr as soon as I can get an appointment so. I have the red cheeks and sore ears and throat, usually what happens when I'm coming down with the flu or cold.

I also found a tiny lump under my armpit :(

Is ur ante natal class in the parish centre tomorrow? Well be at that class...can't imagine what they're going to fill the time
    With.

joys of it. just a fore warning, my oh makes stupid jokes to try make people like him lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

So much for my doctor free week next week: GP wants to see me because he doesn't want me going a week without seeing doc at this stage! He was asking me had the paediatricians been told about babs yet: when I said I didn't think so he told me I needed to make sure it wasn't just the midwives babs HAD to be checked by a doc straight away: and to insist if they don't...

Have to start taking iron too because my ferritin levels are gone so low too but that not really a big deal! Aside from that I'm flying it though :)

I've never even heard of slapped cheek... you'd think it's something they would tell people about?

Bought pram sheets and more muslins today :D

With.

joys of it. just a fore warning, my oh makes stupid jokes to try make people like him lol

Mine will be the bored looking one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Kash wrote: »
    I have this too Ginny, and at my last check up, they said it was normal. Tailbone aches on a regular basis, and occasionally it feels like the little one is trying to burrow through it. My hips have lost a lot of range of motion too, and they hurt like hell if I try to move them outside of their comfort zone. And if I move my legs wrong in bed it occasionally feels like I am trying to split my pubic bone down the middle. It's all part and parcel of this stage of pregnancy, especially if the baby is big.

Me too!! It can be very painful sometimes I find myself walking like a duck!!:o My doc said its normal esp as im on my third but if it gets too bad to bear ill need physio or crutches:eek:( no thanks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Mine will be the bored looking one!

Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

notsobusy wrote: »
    Right I'm off to the Dr as soon as I can get an appointment so. I have the red cheeks and sore ears and throat, usually what happens when I'm coming down with the flu or cold.

Hi - hope u feel better soon, about the lump - I have to make a doc appointment as I also found lump in my underarm - it's only tiny, but a bit worried about it. maybe if u have it too it's pregnancy related...

Has everyone else had bloodtests done throughout the pregnancy, I only had it done once at very first hospital appointment, I feel like I'm low on iron - pale as a ghost all the time and wrecked tired, should prob ask to have more done?

trions wrote: »

Hi - hope u feel better soon, about the lump - I have to make a doc appointment as I also found lump in my underarm - it's only tiny, but a bit worried about it. maybe if u have it too it's pregnancy related...

Has everyone else had bloodtests done throughout the pregnancy, I only had it done once at very first hospital appointment, I feel like I'm low on iron - pale as a ghost all the time and wrecked tired, should prob ask to have more done?

I've only had bloods done once at my first a/n appt. and now they're going off bloods that were taken for GTT, which was done at Easter!

If ur not with the hospital soon, you cld go to ur doc and ask them to take them.

Gosh ladies I've never even heard of slapcheek before. Really hope ye don't have it

I'm hoping it's something simple like swollen glands or something.

They took my bloods on Tuesday, first time they have done it since first appointment at 14 weeks. Dr recommended I start taking Iron just because everyone should.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

I'm hoping it's something simple like swollen glands or something.

They took my bloods on Tuesday, first time they have done it since first appointment at 14 weeks. Dr recommended I start taking Iron just because everyone should.

Was at the hospital today and they went through the bloods I had taken 4 weeks ago and my iron is still perfect was 13.8 at 10 weeks and is 13.3 now! The midwife said only 10% of people get through a pregnancy without needing iron - I must be in that 10% so! She said If it was not low by now most likely wont be! My diet is nothing special either so cant understand??

God they are really pushing this whole breastfeeding business........!!!!!

My iron levels themselves are fine (higher than before i got pregnant) but my ferritin (iron stores) are low so doc has me on Galfer: its always Galfer they give me when that happens: yuck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

I've managed without taking any iron too, as it really doesn't agree with me at the best of times, I have been taking a pregnancy multi vit, and only one of the MW's didn't hassle me for not taking iron. They lost my early blood tests from the 1st visit and got them taken again about 3 weeks ago and all is fine.

I think they push the iron a bit much as standard with out really checking if a person needs it, considering all the nasty side effects from it!
    One MW said you can alternate between the multi vit and the galfar if you get low so there's not too many side effects

Wow kiwi, that's great. There must be something in ur diet that's keeping it up.

It's funny coz my iron is 0.1 below what they'd like it to be but I failed the GTT coz I was 0.1 above the limit! They said if the iron supplements weren't agreeing with me to keep taking the pregnacare, just don't want it to drop lower

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Hope everything's alright!

Oh lads, TMI warning. Right at the end of the workday I had an awful urge to go number 2, I hadn't been able to go for a few hours before that as I was covering reception as well as my own work & was up to my eyes. There was one person left in the building & they have the keys & alarm code to lock up.

So I figured I had five mins to go have a sneaky one before heading, I wouldn't have lasted on the drive home. Oh my god I was 20-30 mins in the loo, nearly crying. Never been so constipated, I was just... stuck! I was panicing & didn't know what to do as I couldn't leave the loo (things were that far along) but nothing was happening & I didn't want to get locked into the building either.

Anyway, long story short, I eventually got it to happen but christ in a handbasket it hurt & there was blood :eek: I really don't want to get haemarhoids (sp?). Anyway, I learnt my lesson, if I need to go, THEN GO immediately! Not going through that again.

Sorry, I've no one else to tell that story to :o OH is out & he'd probably go green!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

This sounds funny but I have IBS, and a side effect is that. I find a cup of coffee gets everything moving, or some physillium husks. So far I've avoided taking iron (other then whats in Pregnacare) as I'm so scared of the side effects. I also have Weetabix bran crunch and a glass of fresh orange juice(from concentrate is useless) and so far I haven't been suffering at all with my IBS, and I really thought with the constipation that usually comes with pregnancy I'd be fubarred!

I think baby has turned and dropped! I was getting kicks all over until this afternoon, when all of a sudden I couldn't sit forwards as there was something stuck in my rib. I'm sure it's a foot, and I have this really weird burrowing sensation low down, it also has gotten a bit harder to walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I just realised I'd upped my iron intake past few days so I probably have to counteract that with fibre etc!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh deffo, a good glass of proper orange juice in the morning should work!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

I love the innocent brand fresh orange juice and berry smoothies. I also swear by the sultana bran!!!

oh and tomorrow is my last day at work....... til i start my new job in the limerick regional on Monday at 34 weeks pregnant!!!

tomorrow Will be my fourth time to get bloods :-(

notsobusy, im usually the exact same with the constipation cause of the iron. but the past few days I've been the exact opposite.

think these are all the subtle hints baby gives to let you know its nearly time

Baby is playing football or tennis with my bladder tonight. Not playing fair at all!

Im really not a fan of baby rippling across my belly... We are in for some active babies I think :)

I couldn't face taking my iron because I'm a bit constipated as it is: I'll start tomorrow. After some coffee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

Kiwi2011 wrote: »
    I love the innocent brand fresh orange juice and berry smoothies. I also swear by the sultana bran!!!

oh and tomorrow is my last day at work....... til i start my new job in the limerick regional on Monday at 34 weeks pregnant!!!

Will pick up some of that this morn, doc has switched me to Spa Tone as the Galfer stuff was making me feel like I had bad food poisoning :( Also, blood pressure is quite low, hence the two fainting episodes over the weekend. Told me feet up until July:)

Best of luck in the new job Kiwi!!!!

Also, was in MC yesterday and sales assistant told me their sale will be starting mid to end June everything will be reduced...if any of us can wait that long :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

cyning wrote: »
    Im really not a fan of baby rippling across my belly... We are in for some active babies I think :)

I couldn't face taking my iron because I'm a bit constipated as it is: I'll start tomorrow. After some coffee!!

Cyning just to let you know that taking coffee with your iron tablet will reduce the absorption of iron...orange juice on the other hand helps absorb the iron :)

• Advertisement

Mink wrote: »
    Hope everything's alright!

Oh lads, TMI warning. Right at the end of the workday I had an awful urge to go number 2, I hadn't been able to go for a few hours before that as I was covering reception as well as my own work & was up to my eyes. There was one person left in the building & they have the keys & alarm code to lock up.

So I figured I had five mins to go have a sneaky one before heading, I wouldn't have lasted on the drive home. Oh my god I was 20-30 mins in the loo, nearly crying. Never been so constipated, I was just... stuck! I was panicing & didn't know what to do as I couldn't leave the loo (things were that far along) but nothing was happening & I didn't want to get locked into the building either.

Anyway, long story short, I eventually got it to happen but christ in a handbasket it hurt & there was blood :eek: I really don't want to get haemarhoids (sp?). Anyway, I learnt my lesson, if I need to go, THEN GO immediately! Not going through that again.

Sorry, I've no one else to tell that story to :o OH is out & he'd probably go green!

Oh god, thats definately down to the iron tablets. Bran with fruit&Nut in the morning, and i take my iron tablets with a big glass of orange juice. Stay away from Tea and Coffee for an hour after taking the tablets as they counteract i think..

i've had my blood taken 3 times so far. Iron low each time, was on one tablet, now i'm on two, the results from the latest batch will be back next week..so hopefully its still not low..

Rang my dr this morning re the Slapped Cheek - waiting for her to call back.

Advertisement