Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Mink wrote: »
    Good job finding this list Saurelin, I've added in my boy

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl*
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl*
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

Six girls and three boys so far...a few of us unknowns must be having boys so! Has anyone else found out the sex since we last updated the list?

Woke up in awful pain right where my disc is damaged in my back this morn. I was the same the morning before last. Don't understand why the pain is not constant and I haven't taken anything for it. Must take a bump pic today. The house is still upside down from all our re-organising, have to pick the right spot that doesn't make it look like we live in a tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

That's why my last photo is in the garden :D

I forgot to say, I discovered the first stretchmarks day before yesterday. I hadn't noticed them as they are on the southside of my bump & I haven't seen that area in some months :rolleyes: But I went searching as OH said he thought he saw one (he wasn't bringing it to my attention, I asked him to look).

I'm wondering is it date-coincident with fact I ran out of body oil about a week ago! I was saying to OH "Look, you're going to have to face fact now that I'm prone to them & I'll get more & I could end up riddled with them & there's nothing I can do about it". He was laughing & said he could care less and he was amazed I got this far without getting them. As he put it so eloquently "It certainly won't put me off shagging you". Got more oil anyway so maybe I can run some damage control on them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

kildareash we found out we're having a boy alright since that list went up, on phone now so not sure how to update the list thing without losing my mind!

Java, my bump seems to have dropped too, although I still get the odd whack in the ribs! Definitely been getting more bhs lately too, and some can be quite painful! Babys movements getting so much stronger its getting quite uncomfortable! My aunt is convinced I won't make it to due date a the way I'm carrying, I'm not prepared for it yet but the way I've been feeling lately I don't think Id mind going early and spare myself a few days of this!

So woke up and had a read of the news: scary headline provided by none other than my consultant at the maternity, eek!

(ah crap I can't add the link here, gimme a minute til I find it again)

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/health-cuts-will-kill-babies-labour-chief-tells-ministers-3126438.html

"Health cuts will kill babies" a quote from Dr Gerry Burke of the mid west regional maternity hospital to the national media for the second time this year. This does not fill me with confidence, nor reassure me that his mind is fully on his actual job as opposed to trying to make a political point. I have no intention on being made a statistic, ta very much. Wanted to hit him in the face more than once this pregnancy and all. Please, one of you Limerick ladies please tell me ye have him too and get a better impression of him than I have?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

notsobusy-2nd July
    Cyning-8th July *girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*

I've added in my 80% girl now too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Javagal - glad you were feeling better later in the evening :) it may well have been the junk but no harm keeping an eye on it. So funny re the raisin in your belly button...was it so she could see it moving? My bellybutton is def on the edge of going outtie anyday now :D

Mink - what's that app called...I haven't come across that thread :) would be interesting to see as our midwife said the patterns the follow in the womb can correlate to their patterns outside the womb :) Mine seems a pretty chilled baby so I would love that to be true :D

• Advertisement

notsobusy-2nd July
    Cyning-8th July *girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy*
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*

Added in your boy NyquistFreak :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

It's called Fetal Sleep Tracker, it's only 79 cent but if you like I can report back on it in a few days before you go to all the hassle of logging the movements.

In fairness NyquistFreak limerick maternity is down something around the figure of 18 midwives and nothing has been done about replacing them. They are under immense pressure covering Clare, Limerick & North Tipp (Limerick alone would keep them busy enough) & need someone to speak up for them. Any maternity put under the pressure they are under leads to a higher "risk" to both mothers & babies.

We decided to go private specifically to have Dr Kevin Hickey & he is worth it :) so I cant comment on your consultant. However, when I fell I have dealt with the midwives & found them equally good...they also spotted Hickey on the security camera & had him pop in to see me :) Brid - our antenatal midwife is beyond nice so all in all I think they are doing the best job possible under the pressure they are under...it can't be easy having 22 babies born in 24 hours which had happened in the 24 hours prior to our hospital tour!

They need some replacement midwives & anyway they can get them is fine with me :)

Nyquist, I wldnt worry too much about articles like that...Id say reporter rang him because they know he's good for a quote.
    18 midwives is a lot to loose and not be replaced (or from a budget pov to be replaced by temps). I think Plaoise lost 3/4.
    We need more people to speak out about the real picture and not have it brushed up in HSE jargon.

I had meant to download that app (there's a link in the pregnancy thread) wanted to see if it was worth it or just a gimmick.
    I'm hoping my LO's legs have grew and baby hasn't changed position as I was feeling movement further over to the right last night than I have for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Javagal - glad you were feeling better later in the evening :) it may well have been the junk but no harm keeping an eye on it. So funny re the raisin in your belly button...was it so she could see it moving? My bellybutton is def on the edge of going outtie anyday now :D

Mink - what's that app called...I haven't come across that thread :) would be interesting to see as our midwife said the patterns the follow in the womb can correlate to their patterns outside the womb :) Mine seems a pretty chilled baby so I would love that to be true :D

I really hope my little ones sleep patterns don't continue on the outside - or I may never get a decent night's sleep again - serious little night owl on my hands!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

notsobusy-2nd July
    Cyning-8th July
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    Nyquist Freak -14th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*

Added in my date. Very tempted to find out sex on Wednesday alto my OH doesn't want to know and I'll never manage to keep it to myself.

Anyone finding it harder to breath these days? I'm panting with any exertion at all

notsobusy-2nd July
    Cyning-8th July *girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*

This is the most up to date list now with WWC1 added :)

Thanks twomums, I see things like that now and get all panicky! 18 is a lot to lose alright, you can see they're under pressure inside there any time you go in sure. I'd just be worrying that he actually thinks our babies are at real enough risk inside there to put his name to a quote like that. I'm mostly dealing exclusively with the midwife clinic myself in there and know they're stretched, its disgraceful that people are being put under that kind of pressure at an already stressful job, but like I said, I worry if its actually as bad as he says it is and nothing still being done. Of course this would have to happen at exactly the same time this already anxiety ridden yoke is having her first baby there!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

WWC1 I have desperate breathing at the moment. I don't even need to do anything to start panting!

Kildareash - it could be in a similar position to how mine goes sometimes :) sticks legs out forming an L shape so you get feet out one side but head is still down :) sometimes her bum is centred under my sternum, sometimes it's off to my right side :)

At our doc appointment on Friday our doc felt her head & then let me & my partner feel it :) she seemed pretty well down to me!

Mink re stretch marks - that's where I have mine...can't see them at all :) Doc said to get some over the bump jeans to give my muscles more support so I guess that might be why they are developing :)

Re the midwives - I think they are down 25% ish which is a lot....on the plus side I think a good section of the older fashioned ones are gone now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

nausea is back today- thinking its just a thing im gonna get from now

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

God 18 is a lot to lose! I have no idea how many the Rotunda has lost!plus I think all the Hospitals are at over capacity I know The Rotunda is expecting about 9000 babies this year and a normal year they'd have 6000.
    I don't have any stretch marks so far, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Although my belly button is sore at the moment, it's very shallow I'm really hoping it doesn't pop. Oh and I'm convinced I'm having a boy, have no desire to look at girly stuff or girls names!

Ginny wrote: »
    God 18 is a lot to lose! I have no idea how many the Rotunda has lost!plus I think all the Hospitals are at over capacity I know The Rotunda is expecting about 9000 babies this year and a normal year they'd have 6000.
    I don't have any stretch marks so far, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Although my belly button is sore at the moment, it's very shallow I'm really hoping it doesn't pop. Oh and I'm convinced I'm having a boy, have no desire to look at girly stuff or girls names!

I was convinced I was having girl for the same reason, I was wrong! :D still can't think of any boy names though!

WWC1 I'm the same with my breathing, midwife says its totally normal as baby is squashing up lungs, my stupid gp wanted to put me on anti depressants when I asked her about it so I was a bit freaked out for a while but no its perfectly normal!

Java hope you feel better soon, I'm finding I get a touch of the nausea now again myself alright, usually if I'm around strong smells (like first trimester) or if I eat too fast, too much or not enough, I swear the last trimester was designed to make you want to be done with being pregnant.. regardless how terrified you are of labour, haha!

I have no stretch marks on my belly at all (and touch wood it stays that way!) but my boobs are completely destroyed: I guess thats what happens when you go from an a-ish cup to a d-ish cup :D

Java nausea often comes back in the third trimester: it can be like the first trimester all over again apparently! But at least you know there are only 5 weeks left...

WWC1 it gets harder to tell the sex when you're further along: they tried seeing for me again the last day (I think they feel sorry for me because they do try and see all the time) I was 34 weeks and they couldn't get a good enough look! So if you want to find out don't get your hopes up too high just in case :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

i have like one and a half stretch marks lol!

the end of pregnancy is horrible, have back pain today too. zoe must be dropping into my pelvis, gonna visit the hospital later if i dont feel better,im sure im being silly but better safe than

• Advertisement

javagal wrote: »
    i have like one and a half stretch marks lol!

the end of pregnancy is horrible, have back pain today too. zoe must be dropping into my pelvis, gonna visit the hospital later if i dont feel better,im sure im being silly but better safe than

You're right to get it checked out, for your own piece of mind.

I swear this baby is trying to chip my rib today!

My belly has lots of stretch marks, but I was expecting it to be a lot worse, as I got them all over my legs and hips when I put on weight in my early 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

kildareash wrote: »

notsobusy-2nd July
    Cyning-8th July
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*

Six girls and three boys so far...a few of us unknowns must be having boys so! Has anyone else found out the sex since we last updated the list?

Woke up in awful pain right where my disc is damaged in my back this morn. I was the same the morning before last. Don't understand why the pain is not constant and I haven't taken anything for it. Must take a bump pic today. The house is still upside down from all our re-organising, have to pick the right spot that doesn't make it look like we live in a tip!

Im having a girl could some1 add me im not sure how!!

notsobusy-2nd July
    Cyning-8th July *girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*

Notsobusy-2nd July
    Cyning-8th July *girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July - *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*

Tinkerbell79 girl added :)

Snap :)

Java you are definately better off getting it checked out if your in any way worried: I know I would :) Even if you just ring them they are very good.

The third tri has been the best for me but then I was coming from such a low bar in the first place :D

I put on alot of weight in my teens: and my weight does tend to yo yo up and down a bit (they joys of having thyroid probs!) and I actually think thats whats saved me from having stretch marks now: my skin is just a bit more used to weight gain and loss! I'm probably totally wrong though!

Good timing Twomums :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

notsobusy-2nd July
    Cyning-8th July *girl*
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*

Just added myself in there.

It feels so long ago since we done up the list...can't believe we're only a few weeks away from those dates now.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Snap :)

Thanks cyin and twomums great minds think alike :) its gettin so close now i cant wait for all the babies 2 be born....

• Advertisement

Notsobusy-2nd July
    Cyning-8th July *girl*
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July