Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I just realised: I haven't vomited in a few days :D go baby finally giving her mummy a bit of relief :p

I know in our antenatal class the midwife was saying to not use the scratch mitts: that babys learn through feeling and they need to be able to touch all the time: including when they sleep? Does anyone else get really sick of constantly conflicting information! I have 1 or 2 pairs I got In Guiney's (that match baby cardigans) that can be ties lloser or tighter with ribbon: I wonder would they be better or worse?

My hubbies aunt was here yesterday with her three girls: she actually thinks I'm nuts because I want baby to room in with me (when she had her 3 she went to Cork so they would take the baby at night and they wouldnt in Tralee!), because I want to breastfeed and because I don't want a section... I don't think those things make me nuts :)

Saurelin is he maybe regressing abit: like is it starting to hit home that oh my god I'm going to be a Dad in a few weeks? And that's why he's so caught up?

My hubby making me yummy lasagne I'm in such a good mood :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

cyning wrote: »
    I just realised: I haven't vomited in a few days :D go baby finally giving her mummy a bit of relief :p

I know in our antenatal class the midwife was saying to not use the scratch mitts: that babys learn through feeling and they need to be able to touch all the time: including when they sleep? Does anyone else get really sick of constantly conflicting information! I have 1 or 2 pairs I got In Guiney's (that match baby cardigans) that can be ties lloser or tighter with ribbon: I wonder would they be better or worse?

My hubbies aunt was here yesterday with her three girls: she actually thinks I'm nuts because I want baby to room in with me (when she had her 3 she went to Cork so they would take the baby at night and they wouldnt in Tralee!), because I want to breastfeed and because I don't want a section... I don't think those things make me nuts :)

Saurelin is he maybe regressing abit: like is it starting to hit home that oh my god I'm going to be a Dad in a few weeks? And that's why he's so caught up?

My hubby making me yummy lasagne I'm in such a good mood :D

Yay for you! Must be a relief!

From day one the conflicting information has been really pissing me off. Why can't it be one set of guidelines for the country, not for each HSE area/midwife/antenatal class.
    It's so frustrating.
    The hospital list on the combined care card I got from the hospital said we needed mits. We've bought funky ones from Amazon and my mam bought me a pack from penny's or dunnes, so at least if i don't need them it's not a lot of money wasted.

My big worry now is getting the room temperature right. I think we're going to put baby through a bit of distress for a couple of days while we figure it out.
    I'm looking at the 1 tog grobags at the minute. Don't want to roast the baby, but don't want it to be too cold either.
    Is there any such thing as a thermometer that wld record the temperature every hour or something but save it in the memory so I can check it in the morn?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

two mums, nearly every baby grow i have from next has the built in mittens things.

just back from ohs nephews party. minding baby Ollie and his 18month old big sister.

she is tough work! obsessed with sticking her fingers in candles !

Ollie however is just amazing. i could mind 5 of him. he just eats and sleeps and wakes up to tell you the odd story ! had the pleasure of seeing him get his first spoon feed!so cute!

javagal wrote: »

Ollie however is just amazing. i could mind 5 of him. he just eats and sleeps and wakes up to tell you the odd story ! had the pleasure of seeing him get his first spoon feed!so cute!

Aww he sounds so cute. Can't believe he's started on the spoon already...was it not last week you were telling us he had arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Yes it is frustrating to get diff info all the time :) our midwife said she didn't like them at night as if they chew hands they can end up pulling hand away & leaving the mitt in their mouth which made sense to me :) might have to get some next ones!

The learning by touch thing also makes sense :)

Cyning no you are not nuts :D I wouldn't want my baby in a nursery overnight away from me...you might get sleep but I wouldn't like not knowing if they were ok :) your other choices aren't odd either!

• Advertisement

Kildareash - not sure if such a room temp exists but it's a good idea :) Is your room/nursery particularly warm? I'm pretty sure the angelcare monitor can be set to beep if the room gets too hot or cold so although not recording it would alert you...let me know if you want me to check the instructions :)

If it helps :) Our midwife said baby sleeps in a nappy, vest, sleepsuit (not hat) & 4 layers (one cellular blanket folded in 4) under normal 18degree room temp. I don't think you can use grobags until they are a certain weight.

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Kildareash - not sure if such a room temp exists but it's a good idea :) Is your room/nursery particularly warm? I'm pretty sure the angelcare monitor can be set to beep if the room gets too hot or cold so although not recording it would alert you...let me know if you want me to check the instructions :)

If it helps :) Our midwife said baby sleeps in a nappy, vest, sleepsuit (not hat) & 4 layers (one cellular blanket folded in 4) under normal 18degree room temp. I don't think you can use grobags until they are a certain weight.

We find the house very warm in general, but the sun rises on the back of the house and those two rooms are like saunas, even the winter sun can make it really warm.
    We got a blackout blind, and I think that will help but then it's been very cloudy the last few mornings!
    One might last summer my niece stayed in the room and I forgot to turn the rad off and she woke up sweating and got a really awful dose out of it. I felt really bad! Don't want to do the same to baby.

Cyning, I wldnt even consider not having the baby with me for so many reasons. Even if I was exhausted after labour and the nurses were recommending baby go to the nursery, I don't think I cld let them out of my sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Cynin I dont think your nuts.... everyone has their own things they want to do!!! Id want my baby with me 2 dont think i could sleep wondering if she was ok:) I didnt accually think any hospital took the baby to the nursery overnight anymore, first hours are good bonding time!!

As for breastfeeding its an individual choice Im not breast feeding but think people that do are great!!! I also dont know why anyone would volunteer for a section unless it was nessary for the safe arrival of babs but thats just me:D:D

Java dont know how you stayed so calm what kind of idiot watches as a pregnant women gets on her hands and knees to clean up a mess that was his fault and then just walks away I defo would have cryed or got really angry!!!

TwoMums2Be wrote: »

Just googled the angelcare, you're dead right. It gives a triple beep if temperatures go outside the chosen range. Thanks for that :)

kildareash wrote: »
    Just googled the angelcare, you're dead right. It gives a triple beep if temperatures go outside the chosen range. Thanks for that :)

Actually the BT video monitoring one does too (which is incidentally the one I want!!). And you can check the temp from looking at the parent unit too: so you can constantly check the temp if you want: It is a little bit expensive though... it seems to be about 150 online but its only about 120 in Tralee so like everything its a case of shopping around.

In Tralee they "normally" seem to take the baby the first night and then they stay with you after that: but it all depends on how busy/quiet it is I'm sure. And they certainly do not advertise the fact: all leaflets/antenatal classes etc say they practice a rooming in policy: and god help anyone who wants to take my little babs from me :D I also dunno how much sleep I'd get: I've spent way too much time on that maternity ward in the last few months! It's not exactly quiet!

I wasn't worried by her at all: I was actually in the knots laughing at her to be honest: like Cork from here when you're in labour could be a 2 hour drive.... now I do think that's mad when there is a hosp half an hour in the road :P

• Advertisement

You're welcome :) I knew it had a temp reading & was pretty sure it beeped but thats great that you can set a temp range!

Temp is on parent unit as far as I know :)

Thanks Ladies :) I must have a look at the BT one too.

OH heard the price of them and said we'll get a thermometer! Men!haha!

im convinced my baby is coming before July. baby is so low,my braxton hicks are horrible, my temperature is hugely raised and i feel constant nausea and faintness.

Urgh

How many weeks are you Javagal? Maybe you should give the midwives a ring & see what they say :)

It's gonna be strange when the first of us goes into labour!

im convinced my baby is coming before July. baby is so low,my braxton hicks are horrible, my temperature is hugely raised and i feel constant nausea and faintness.

Urgh

Agree with Twomums, no harm to give them a call better to be safe than sorry.

I meant to have a search back on the thread and find the due date list. Must do it tomorrow.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Thats not good at all Java! could you be coming down with something?
    I spent Tuesday night in the A&E with my husband too, he took a huge chunk out of his hand washing a glass.
    I haven't had any BH's at all, and my bump doesn't seem to be getting any bigger really at all. Have an appt on the 12th, fingers crossed I'll get a scan then, and I can get an estimate on the weight. I have the Angelcare monitor too, didn't realise they did the temp, thats great!!.
    I sent away for the Tens machine last night from Boots, €45 for 6 weeks.
    I thought baby's slept in a vest and night sleep suit with no blankets??
    I got the Rotunda hospital list if anyone is interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

I just found list:
    I'm not sure is this a last one.

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl*
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl*
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July
    Mink- 28th July
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

So Limerick maternity is waiting for us on the 12th, 13th, 14th & 15th :) I guess some of us will cross paths!

Java try not to worry: anything from 37 weeks is term (as they keep telling me!) so that would be middle of June: and even if baby came right now everything would still be fine... i feel the same its the bh that have me convinced (that and the dropping bump!).... Although it might mean you'd miss the bump meetup! But as Ginny said if your coming down with something you'd have a raised temp, nausea and faintness and all of them could give you more BH!

I hate not knowing exactly what's going on: I'm a planning person. I just wish I knew exactly what it would be like :o

It is going to be so strange once our babies start arriving... I cannot wait :p

im 35weeks two mums,
    feel better now, temperature and faintNess is gone, still feel a tad nauseas tho.
    baby was being unbearabley active today, i did eat a lot of crap at a kids party so it was prob that. she was going so mad that my oh kept hugging me to get a sneaky feel!
    he kept calling our niece zoe all day bless him!
    been so on the go lately that tomorrow im gonna have a pajamas and game of thrones day-bliss!

• Advertisement

Java try not to worry: anything from 37 weeks is term (as they keep telling me!) so that would be middle of June: and even if baby came right now everything would still be fine... i feel the same its the bh that have me convinced (that and the dropping bump!).... Although it might mean you'd miss the bump meetup! But as Ginny said if your coming down with something you'd have a raised temp, nausea and faintness and all of them could give you more BH!

I hate not knowing exactly what's going on: I'm a planning person. I just wish I knew exactly what it would be like :o

It is going to be so strange once our babies start arriving... I cannot wait :p

your bump dropped too?
    makes me feel better to hear that!
    ohs mam said today that my bump has dropped loads since i saw her at my shower on Tuesday.

im most definitely a planner, prove is the fact I've had my nursery and all my baby stuff gotten by 25 weeks.
    find myself and oh sneak in the nursery just to sit and relax !

your bump dropped too?
    ohs mam said today that my bump has dropped loads since i saw her at my shower on Tuesday.

im most definitely a planner, prove is the fact I've had my nursery and all my baby stuff gotten by 25 weeks.

Yup it really did: I seriously always though it was a myth!! But it has seriously dropped down it was up around my boobs now its much lower!

Certain foods do send my little one mad too: especially smarties!

Have a duvet day tomorrow: you might feel loads better after it: you were gardening, had really long Eurovision party, kids birthday party, and baby shower in the last week: seriously you would be picking me up off the floor if I'd done that much :D

Also my bellybutton is about to become an outie :(

your bump dropped too?

Yup it really did: I seriously always though it was a myth!! But it has seriously dropped down it was up around my boobs now its much lower!

Have a duvet day tomorrow: you might feel loads better after it: you were gardening, had really long Eurovision party, kids birthday party, and baby shower in the last week: seriously you would be picking me up off the floor if I'd done that much :D

no way I've been waiting for my belly button to give way!

was minding my niece who has an outie the other day and she's obsessed with it. my oh watched her while i napped with Ollie and woke to find a raisin in my belly button lol!

reading over all the stuff I've done makes it seem like I'm always on the go but it doesn't feel like it!

oh was in bed beside me for literally 2 minutes,2 minutes, i asked him did we have bread out of the freezer for toast, to which he replied, "no i dont have to work tomorrow"-****er was asleep in about thirty seconds, with the light and his jeans on!

your bump dropped too?

no way I've been waiting for my belly button to give way!

was minding my niece who has an outie the other day and she's obsessed with it. my oh watched her while i napped with Ollie and woke to find a raisin in my belly button lol!

reading over all the stuff I've done makes it seem like I'm always on the go but it doesn't feel like it!

oh was in bed beside me for literally 2 minutes,2 minutes, i asked him did we have bread out of the freezer for toast, to which he replied, "no i dont have to work tomorrow"-****er was asleep in about thirty seconds, with the light and his jeans on!

It's exhausting being a dad to be!
    Glad ur feeling better, it's so hard to know what's just normal fatigue/illness and what's baby related. But when you're this close to the end, it's no harm checking in with them if everything is not 100%.

Enjoy your pj day tomorrow, its so nice to have one every so often :)

Saurelin, thanks for getting the list. I'm just using my phone tonight, was too lazy to turn on the laptop!

That's mad your bumps have dropped already. I thought that was something that happened right at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

My bump hasnt dropped atall! Baby is far too active to even consider getting into one position and staying there. Had phone balancing on belly last night and then bam! One swift kick and phone goes flying!

Started parking my bag last night after a big shopping spree in penney's yesterday. I have most stuff put in i'm sure there's plenty i've forgotten, and it's jammed packed already! Will take a pic for fb later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

I`m exactly 2 stone up week 32 now - is that normal?

Will post pic later when I am dressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

I slept 7 hours stright, so when I checked what time is it I started checking bed sure that I had to wet it. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭feest

theg81der wrote: »

Will post pic later when I am dressed!

Here's a helpful website: http://www.kidspot.com.au/weightgain/pregnancyweightgain.asp

I wouldn't place too much into it though...it's just a guideline. As long as your doc isn't concerned, I wouldn't be either!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

theg81der wrote: »

well I'm 32 wks also and as of this morning I'm 2st 4lbs up. I think that's normal, I'm more or less the same size everywhere else - maybe a little chunkier on the arms, thighs, butt etc.

I don't understand my sleep at all. On the weekdays I go to bed at 11, up at 7 and just want to go back to bed. Last night I turned out lights at 1am and woke up at 7, finally gave up and got out of bed at 8 but I feel great! I tried napping yesterday but ended up just reading & laying there.

Ginny & Java did both your OH's cut themselves on glass while washing up & have to go to A&E. we have to mind them men!

Java I'm going to start the Game of Thrones box set when finish Sopranos. Reading the books in meantime, they're very good!

Silly I went into Boots yesterday for one thing and came out with 70 quids worth of stuff (last of stuff for hospital bags included). I still think I'm too early to pack it though. Jealous of all ye!

Cyning glad you had some days of no puking, long may it continue.

Did anyone try out that app that was mentioned on the Pregnancy Thread where you record baby's movements and then it sort of maps out when they are asleep and awake? I've been doing it about 24 hours, he seems to wake up every 1.5hrs, though I can't record anything when I'm asleep obviously!. I think I need to do it a good few more days to see if it's accurate, I can be the guinea pig!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Good job finding this list Saurelin, I've added in my boy

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl*
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July
    KildareAsh-15th July