Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

TwoMums I hope you & your OH will have a great day :)

I'm so tired today. I almost fall a sleep at work today, so I'm going to bed now.
    I can't wait for Friday - I'm off, hubby is off so we will spend day preparing house for baby shower & relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Good luck 2morrow twomums... hope you have a fantastic day!!!

i'm wrecked these days not sleeping well at all though!!!
    Just start packing hospital bag today... reading all your posts made me get my a**e in gear!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Twomums have a fab day tomorrow!

I am hopefully picking up the new baby mobile tomorrow! Getting it checked out by the mechanic so fingers crossed it passes the test! Can't wait to start practising putting the baby seat in and out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

notsobusy wrote: »
    Twomums have a fab day tomorrow!

I am hopefully picking up the new baby mobile tomorrow! Getting it checked out by the mechanic so fingers crossed it passes the test! Can't wait to start practising putting the baby seat in and out :D

I'm dreading that bit. Our base is secured with the seatbelt, so at least once that's in the car seat will just click into it. I still have to remember how to release it tho!

My brother gave us the next stage car seat, I took it apart to wash all the straps and cover, but I don't think we'll be able to put it back together!

Washing the last few bits of the baby's stuff tonight so I can properly pack my bag at the weekend. Seems like an awful lot of stuff for such a small person, and I've been really strict with myself and I've only bought the essentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Best wishes for tomorrow TwoMums - have a wonderful day :)

All i want to do right now is sleep - but I have a late call with work, so am stuck online for at least another hour. Grr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Thanks for all the good wishes :) I'm getting married later today :D so I best get some sleep!
    Good night all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Have a great day twomums, enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    Thanks for all the good wishes :) I'm getting married later today :D so I best get some sleep!
    Good night all :)

Oh my God! Thats so exciting hope you have an amazing day xx

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Enjoy Aldi today all :) & keep your fingers crossed it won't be lashing at around 3pm today :D

Enjoy Aldi today all :) & keep your fingers crossed it won't be lashing at around 3pm today :D

Have a great day lady! Fingers crossed for the weather :)

So who has been to aldi already? Any feedback? I won't get down till lunch time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

5 more hours til ye make honest women out of each other :pac: Twas great re the Barack Obama comment re same sex marriages today, sort of apt that it was today I thought. Big congrats and have a fab time. Eat lots of cake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

best of luck twomums&bump
    hope ye have a great day and a happy ever after...
    hope the rain holds off for ye!!
    x

"may all yer troubles be little ones
    & may all yer little ones be no trouble at all";)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Hi all

ran a muck in aldi this morning. The stuff is cute, had to get a few different sizes. Its the first neutral colours we have found that have cute little dogs on them, every where else was very gender specific. I think I got a few of everything.
    The blankets are quite thin, but nice I would guess for summer.

There wasnt too much of it, probably about 30 of the baby grows left when I left, and quite a few people in buying stuff too.

with regard to my earlier post about what I thought was labour in my panic, saw the doc yesterday she said everything is fine, and that if it happens again and its bad to ring the hospital, and go in. She also said it appears to be a big baby! minimum 8lbs, which worries me as I have 9 weeks to go and i have been piling on the baby bump in the last couple of weeks!

Im already on two crutches because of pelvis problems, and apparently its to get much worse in the coming weeks! eek, im all for a nice healthy baby, but I hope it doesnt get much bigger! A woman at swimming last night asked me if I was having twins!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mmmn..chicken

sorry all been off the radar for a while i have actually been following yer posts but been to lazy to type.i dont know myself theese days i used to be so energetic and giddy.ive just spent my two days off on the couch(ive never done that in my life:))
    anyway im all tellied out after it ,any1 watch one borns last night,see that screaming young1...i really wanted to punch her....the epidural must be some job though it if it quietened her.

strange question but on my two days on couch i notice my belly popping
    its like a click of fingers but more like a pop than a click(ie:not gas as my sister suggested)
    anyway i googled
    "popping noise from belly when pregnant"
    and it sounds like it has happened to people before so im not mad...just yet:)but the midwifes arent sure what it is..

am noticing bh are much more painful lately.i thought i had them since about 20 weeks and was mentally congratulating myself on being so "hardie" compared to some of ye on here saying they were painful(sorry but im getting my come-uppance now;)...cause now they do actually hurt)

have fun at aldi today everyone....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

Hi ladies
    hope everyone is keeping well :)
    I had to go for my GTT on tuesday and yesterday got it confirmed that i've got gestational diabetes i havnt stopped crying my eyes out since. Has anyone else had this problem and how are you coping with it?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Have a great day today Twomums!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Hi Jennytightlips, i'm not sure if anyone on here has got that diagnosis yet?
    I'm sure everything will be fine. Its not easy, but at least you got the test done and it didnt go unnoticed.

I think i am going to give aldi a miss...:eek:
    the only chance i will get is during lunch hour, and i brought lunch in today and i wont have time to eat lunch and go to aldi...i cant really eat at my desk as i am on front desk...
    after work i am getting my hair cut (treat from hubby)
    I am taking inches off it! Cant wait!!

Hi ladies
    I had to go for my GTT on tuesday and yesterday got it confirmed that i've got gestational diabetes i havnt stopped crying my eyes out since. Has anyone else had this problem and how are you coping with it?

Sorry to hear that Jenny. I'm not sure if anyone else here has been diagnosed with it.
    Did they talk to I about how to control it? Is it diet or will u have to take insulin?

They had a feature on GD on operation transformation earlier this year. The lady interviewed had to take daily insulin. Maybe that's still on the rte player an u cld watch it back.

I'm sure you'll have a very healthy baby. It's good that they have found out so hopefully you can manage it now and both you and baby will be fine.

I have three aldis to choose from but only one I can go to at lunch time. But one in town where I live is never as busy as ye other ones and often still have some bargain stuff left when other stores are sold
    Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Hi ladies

I don't have it but all of my family did... honestly it will be okay. You should be referred to the diabetes nurse/clinic in your hospital. Depending on how severe it is it may need insulin, but most peoples are controlled through diet. You will have to test your blood sugar regularly, but again that's okay too.

Practically speaking you will heave more scans, and you more than likely will NOT go over your due date because women with GTT can have bigger babies.

Both my aunts had it with 5 babies and all my little cousins were fine...

http://www.diabetes.ie/living-with-diabetes/gestational-diabetes/

Diabetes Ireland have a helpline too if you ever have questions :)

Barremic... maybe your doc meant you'll have an 8 pound baby at the end? And ouch crutches :mad:

I'm off to Aldi now as soon as I get the energy to get out of my bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

jenny my mam had it on all of us, not a bother on her, she just pricks her finger once a day to check her levels, none of us had any issues and I was heaviest at 8lb 5oz.

Stressing out today, still have soo much study to do AND today I got an email back about one of the most sought after internships in the country for next year and I have to have the application(including a whole program) back to them by monday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

hey i know im from the august thread but im glued to tie July one too but all my best wishes i hoe ye have a magical day:-)

I was in aldi this morning, went bananas :D

I bought two sets of sleep suits and vests 0-3 months. I've just opened the packets and they are quite big! So might go back tomorrow and buy some of the smaller ones just to be on the safe side....I bought 3 packets of Muslins aswell, delighted with them.

Also went into dunnes and bought a nightie and a strappy pajajama top. Really liked their nightwear selection. So just have to get the bags packed now!! :D

Jenny my friend had GD and she gave birth 5 weeks ago. She was grand, just had to keep an eye on her diet but no problems since. The baby was born 6lbs 12 and was bang on the due date. She didn't need to be induced or anything. The docs were going to induce her a day or two after if she didn't go naturally. Don't stress out about it, I know it's easy for me to say that but try not to. Just follow docs advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Anyone get to Aldi during the lunch??

I didnt bother - i was too hungry and i even got a portion of chips to have with my lunch..something i never do!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

What are the quality of the sleep suits and vests like?
    Jenny as far as I know you should get a diet sheet of what foods to avoid first off, then I think they monitor you again and see if you need insulin or not. Anyone I've heard of who has GD have controlled it by diet.

silly wrote: »
    Anyone get to Aldi during the lunch??

I didnt bother - i was too hungry and i even got a portion of chips to have with my lunch..something i never do!

Jealous!!!
    I have coco pops again, now I have this phlegm feeling in my throat again. Think I have just figured out milk causes it, so gonna avoid it for the next few days..

Ginny wrote: »
    What are the quality of the sleep suits and vests like?
    Jenny as far as I know you should get a diet sheet of what foods to avoid first off, then I think they monitor you again and see if you need insulin or not. Anyone I've heard of who has GD have controlled it by diet.

I think they are good quality, just been comparing them to the mothercare ones I have already and they are definitely longer in size.

Hey ladies
    in the infant toddler forum some guy is giving tickets for http://www.midlandsbabyfair.com/

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78602195#post78602195

DING DONG DING DONG.....

wedding bells for twomums,

Congrats ladies xxx

I just got the muslin cloths in aldi...bought 4 packs! U can never have too many.
    Bought a packet of the vests coz they were sooooo cute, but they didn't have any 0-3 left in the suits in Portlaoise.
    I was really disappointed they didn't have any white cellular blankets left. Must check in the one on my way home.

I'm such a day dreamer in work today. Making no progress on my to do list! I just want to go home.

Going to c Albert nobbs with my mam and sis, to get my mam out of the house. My dad is in his 80's and has a lot of health problems but we think he's playing up on my mam because he doesn't seem half as bad if she's not around!
    I'm looking forward to being able to do a few more things with her when I'm on maternity leave and getting her out of the house more. Plus this is the first grandchild that she will be a proper granny too and not a caregiver. She has practically reared all the others and looked after them while their parents worked but she's 15 minutes in the opposite direction of our work so she's off the hook this time. She was a bit disappointed that we weren't considering her for child care buy the woman is in her 70's, looks after my dad and is carer for my down syndrome niece for a few hours every week.

• Advertisement

kildareash wrote: »
    I just got the muslin cloths in aldi...bought 4 packs! U can never have too many.
    Bought a packet of the vests coz they were sooooo cute, but they didn't have any 0-3 left in the suits in Portlaoise.
    I was really disappointed they didn't have any white cellular blankets left. Must check in the one on my way home.

I'm such a day dreamer in work today. Making no progress on my to do list! I just want to go home.

Going to c Albert nobbs with my mam and sis, to get my mam out of the house. My dad is in his 80's and has a lot of health problems but we think he's playing up on my mam because he doesn't seem half as bad if she's not around!
    I'm looking forward to being able to do a few more things with her when I'm on maternity leave and getting her out of the house more. Plus this is the first grandchild that she will be a proper granny too and not a caregiver. She has practically reared all the others and looked after them while their parents worked but she's 15 minutes in the opposite direction of our work so she's off the hook this time. She was a bit disappointed that we weren't considering her for child care buy the woman is in her 70's, looks after my dad and is carer for my down syndrome niece for a few hours every week.

Aww ash, make sure you have loads of girlie day outs together!!!

I was in aldi portlaoise earlier too, wonder did I see ya! there was a lot of pregnant ladies, i just got muslin and onions :D

Advertisement