Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

javagal wrote: »
    I gotta start washing baby clothes too but I'm petrified of making a balls of it and them being rough and hard because I have hard water..

I think a quick spin in the dryer should soften them out?

edit/ Just counted..40 more working days..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

The washing drove me mad - i have a really old wash basket that went through college with me, and has over it's life time been used as a cat box, a stool, a moving crate and a battering ram.

So, as you can imagine, it has seen better days, but it still works!
    But not for baby stuff!

The teeny tiny socks and mitts fall out through the broken bits - so i left a trail of cotton cuties the whole way from the garage to the babies room :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Mink I think they have to be a certain weight before they can go in a grobag (possibly 18lbs) but it will be on the label somewhere :)

Kash another person with their washing machine in the garage :) is this a Clare thing? It's going to drive me potty with all the extra washing that's coming my way :)

I've still to get that EU mum box...everytime I go it's out of stock :rolleyes: Has anyone signed up for pampers? I keep seeing the ad on telly...is it worthwhile?

This is the twinkle I was talking about:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=is_box_?k=Twinkle+twinkle+leapfrog
    Added bonus is that you rarely see it in shops here so it doesn't end up a duplicate present :)

We went to asda while in the UK, loved it as they had some great cute neutral sets of 7 babygros for £7 :) will be popping in there every chance I get! We also got a super cute tigger outfit - so what that we are having a girl :) & a cute outfit with romper the bunny on it :) Sainsburys had some lovely stuff too!

I'm planning to have the wallaboo footmuff for car seat for when the baby comes home...I'm assuming that will keep her warm enough & it can be zipped down in the car for it it's a warm day!

Your hospital bag/list conversations are freaking my partner out - its very funny she has this really shocked face & feels we are SO behind :) she also has a horrified face when I mention things like snot suckers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

For labour bag the list the hosp gave me had all the stuff for me plus vest/hat/babygrow/socks/cardigan for babs! I think it all depends on the hosp though.

Java try not to worry about the clothes: even if your water is hard: baby is going to have to get used to it one way or the other.

I use Persil non-bio for washing all of babies clothes: and I tumble dried some of the towels and muslins and not others: any of the ones i didnt tumble dry I rewashed today: they are so soft after been tumble dried.

I ordered my thermometer today: it's a 4 in 1: forehead, ear, room and tells the time: although why I need a thermometer that tells the time is beyond me :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    she also has a horrified face when I mention things like snot suckers :D

Oh I know, I've brought this up with OH & my sisters. They all laughed at me and said "yeah but if it's your own child you won't care". I can handle any other bodily fluid/substance but I'm not sucking the snot out of a baby's nose with one of those bulb things!

One sis uses it all the time but I think her son actually has a sinus problem as he has two continuous streams of bright green snot from his nose to his mouth (shudder). Like there is actually something physically wrong there (she's stil in the midst of sorting it). The other sis never used one on her two, if they got the occasional cold, she just wiped.

OH says we can just wipe & then when they are old enough to understand, get them to blow :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

cyning wrote: »
    I use Persil non-bio for washing all of babies clothes: and I tumble dried some of the towels and muslins and not others: any of the ones i didnt tumble dry I rewashed today: they are so soft after been tumble dried.

I ordered my thermometer today: it's a 4 in 1: forehead, ear, room and tells the time: although why I need a thermometer that tells the time is beyond me :P

Aww I don't have a dryer (or a dishwasher for that matter), I'm doomed!

How much was that thermometer thingy? Thinking of getting a forehead one as they are supposed to be more accurate out of the various methods.

Twomums I applied for the Pampers thing but haven't got it yet: it doesn't get sent out untill your between 28 and 32 weeks: a friend of mine said there was 8 nappies in it and i think she got vouchers and stuff too!

I got my free Bepanthen sample though, and I only collected my EUmum bag today!!

Also bubblegum.ie have free sample of stretchmark repair cream for afterwards :D

I love my free samples to be honest: the cow and gate were the only ones I was disappointed with: money off vouchers that expire at the end of June.... daft!

Mink the thermometer was only €37: one of my friends has it and swears by it. Its the Beaba one I got it from InHealth... http://www.inhealth.ie/Products/Beaba-4-in-1-Thermometer__41032.aspx

And your definately not doomed without a drier :p

But you are doomed without a dishwasher :P but so am I as we don't have one either...the joys of renting!

I feel doomed without a dishwasher without a baby :D

Ya to be honest the one thing me and hubbie are totally agreed on is we would probably break up without a dishwasher :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

cyning wrote: »
    Ya to be honest the one thing me and hubbie are totally agreed on is we would probably break up without a dishwasher :p

Haha, we're the same. Although emptying it causes a fair amount of arguments too.
    Since my back started playing up, I've told him he has to do it, I can't be bending over. This baby is going to get me everything I ever wanted ;)

Twomums, i love the leapfrog. I want one for myself. Going to order one this week :)

So glad that day is over, going to put the trackie bottoms on now while the dinner is cooking. I've been dreaming of taking off these trousers since I put them on this morn!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

My Oh has turned my kitchen into a study sweatshop and locked me in !

I joke but he really wants me to do well and I suppose he's right seeing as I falied maths at xmas...

This day two weeks I will be on my first offical summer holiday day of 2012 and also
    33.5 weeks pregnant so probably eating ice cream in my pjs somewhere!

kildareash wrote: »
    Haha, we're the same. Although emptying it causes a fair amount of arguments too.

Oh so true!! And it really should be me seeing as he does all the cooking... apparently its a dishwasher not a potwasher too: I respectfully disagree!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Oh I feel your pain, we don't have a dishwasher or dryer either!
    I picked up some of the Aldi Non-Bio powder tonight, only €3ish and it's got the Good House Keeping seal of approval.
    I looked for some newborn nappies, but they were sold out. Is the euromum bag good? Are they still running it?

Dunno if it's been 2 weeks since my last pic!!

But check the bump--HUGE!

Edit: My only craving in the background-coco pops nom nom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Cute bump Java! You don`t look huge at all I might even be catching up with ye :p will have to post tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Thanks ladies :)

I need to do washing of baby clothes

I wanted to do it today but then I discovered that I bought fabric conditioner instead of washing liquid - baby brain!

I only picked up my Eumom Bag today: total laziness and the fact I'm normally in Supervalu at 6 o clock on a Friday evening! I got small things of sudocream, johnsons baby oil, johnsons bath oil, oilatum cream I think, a bonjela teether, a small thing of cif (random I know!), a full size packet of johnsons baby wipes, samples of persil non bio and comfort pure, colour catcher sheets, a thing for holding liga, a neurofen medicine thingy and finally lots of leaflets all in a handy little red bag! Well worth collecting!

Java you look great!

I think in the little book you get the eu mom vouchers from theres one for free pack of nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

I have the Aldi brochure, here is some of the offers
    New Born nappies - 2.29 (24 pack)
    Baby wipes - 1.19 (80 pack)
    Non bio powder - 3.29 (30 wash)
    Non bio Washing tabs - 2.39 (18 wash)
    Non bio liquid wash - 2.69 (28 wash)
    Baby gros - 4.99 pack of 3, unisex designs
    Baby vests - 2.49 pack of 2
    Muslin cloths - 2.79 3 pack
    Cellular blanket - 3.99 blue,pink,white
    Fleece blanket - 4.99 blue,pink,white
    Hooded towel - 4.99
    Other stuff like drinking cups, spoons, soothers, food pots etc
    Offer starts May 10th..

• Advertisement

Robinc wrote: »
    I have the Aldi brochure, here is some of the offers
    New Born nappies - 2.29 (24 pack)
    Baby wipes - 1.19 (80 pack)
    Non bio powder - 3.29 (30 wash)
    Non bio Washing tabs - 2.39 (18 wash)
    Non bio liquid wash - 2.69 (28 wash)
    Baby gros - 4.99 pack of 3, unisex designs
    Baby vests - 2.49 pack of 2
    Muslin cloths - 2.79 3 pack
    Cellular blanket - 3.99 blue,pink,white
    Fleece blanket - 4.99 blue,pink,white
    Hooded towel - 4.99
    Other stuff like drinking cups, spoons, soothers, food pots etc
    Offer starts May 10th..

Thanks for this!
    Two things i notice tho. The 30wash fairy non bio is only about 8 cent more expensive in tesco.
    Also seen tommy tippee cups in tesco naas for when baby is a bit older marked at a euro.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

The Nappies, wipes, food and washing powder/liquid are all "everyday prices" The specials are the baby gros, vests, shoes, socks, muslin clothes, night lights,bio type oil, bottles, bibs, spoons, insulated bags, foodpots and spoons, sippy cups, soothers, fleece blankets, cellular blankets, hooded towels and books are the specials on Thursday.

I grabbed some of the non bio power at that price in Aldi today, and Dealz has some 0-6months twin pack of soothers for €1.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

So I was back at the maternity yesterday, got a scan, babys measuring huge, 4lbs 4oz already and still only 30 weeks along, in the 90 percentile, whatever that means. The whole way through the scan the doctor had this worried look on her face, and after sent me straight down to book GT test, they brought me in first thing this morning so sitting here now halfway between first and second blood test a little bit freaked out by the whole shenanegan! Sorry if this ends up a double post, had it all written out on the phone and it disappeared again soon as I posted! But ya, eek in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

So I was back at the maternity yesterday, got a scan, babys measuring huge, 4lbs 4oz already and still only 30 weeks along, in the 90 percentile, whatever that means. The whole way through the scan the doctor had this worried look on her face, and after sent me straight down to book GT test, they brought me in first thing this morning so sitting here now halfway between first and second blood test a little bit freaked out by the whole shenanegan! Sorry if this ends up a double post, had it all written out on the phone and it disappeared again soon as I posted! But ya, eek in general.

I hope everything is ok hon, i'm dreading this exact scenario on Friday. When will you get the test results?

At least they got you back in this morning for GTT test! Is your baby measuring long do you know?

90 percentile would mean the upper end of babies average newborn weight I guess :)

Fingers crossed all is ok with the GTT & you just have a big baby boy on the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Thanks girls, no idea if its a long baby or just a fatty, looked a bit fatty now to be honest in the 3d scan the other week! Wouldn't mind but I've not put on a whole pile of weight myself, was 9stone before, 10.5stone now, hope its not all gone straight to baby! Have a pretty strong family history of diabetes on both sides of my family, so really should have been checked for this before now! Midwife said they should let me know in the next week anyway if there's anything to worry about, but not sure if that's by phone or letter or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

Hi new to posting but have been following for a while.

was reading through yesterday and decided to try and get all organised with my hospital bag. But then I had some pains and a really stiff belly all night. Was frightened at some stages thought it was full contractions. It was just under my rib cage, and the tightness lasted about 3 hours on and off. I thought i had experienced the BH contractions but this was different. Im 31 weeks along.

I got my OH to rub oil in and i eventually fell asleep

Has anyone else felt anything like this?

Thanks girls, no idea if its a long baby or just a fatty, looked a bit fatty now to be honest in the 3d scan the other week! Wouldn't mind but I've not put on a whole pile of weight myself, was 9stone before, 10.5stone now, hope its not all gone straight to baby! Have a pretty strong family history of diabetes on both sides of my family, so really should have been checked for this before now! Midwife said they should let me know in the next week anyway if there's anything to worry about, but not sure if that's by phone or letter or what.

Make sure to ask how they will be contacting you when they take your next bloods :) just for the piece of mind! You certainly haven't gained a ton of weight which might be why you didn't get the GTT test before now although with your family history you would have expected it to be done by now.

Try not to stress until you know the results & it's better that they are aware of his size now than finding out on labour day :)

Welcome Barremic,
    If you have been reading you will know that I haven't had Braxton Hicks yet so I'm of no help with your question but if you are worried give your doc, consultant or maternity a call & tell them what you have experienced as I'm sure they should be able to give you guidance :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 barremic

thanks twomums

They seem to have disappeared this morning, and I slept fairly well. I guess I was just panicking last night, i thought it was the real thing.

Maybe getting my head into packing for the hospital got me nervous!

Advertisement