Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

kildareash wrote: »
    Silly you look great.
    I agree with the others you do look bigger at 28 weeks, but the pic is a bit closer up too.

Wow kash, that is a big baby!

I'm back in the hospital next Friday, so I'll be just 32 weeks then.
    Java, do u know if they see you every two weeks from then on in Portlaoise or did I dream that up?

I think that's true Kash, I think it's Gp/hospital/gp/hospital..

Then again I dunno,they dont seem overly bothered in seeing me. ive only been twice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

javagal wrote: »
    Silly you look great.
    I agree with the others you do look bigger at 28 weeks, but the pic is a bit closer up too.

Wow kash, that is a big baby!

I'm back in the hospital next Friday, so I'll be just 32 weeks then.
    Java, do u know if they see you every two weeks from then on in Portlaoise or did I dream that up?

I think that's true Kash, I think it's Gp/hospital/gp/hospital..

Then again I dunno,they dont seem overly bothered in seeing me. ive only been twice

Next week is my third appt. I was surprised I was brought back four weeks after the last one when everything was fine. Id say it depends on the consultant.

Next week is my third appt. I was surprised I was brought back four weeks after the last one when everything was fine. Id say it depends on the consultant.

I'll be 7 weeks since my last!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I know I saw my hosp at 28 weeks, will see Dr at 32 and Hosp at 3 again, don't think get anymore scans other then maybe a mini scan?

Twomums I don't think you can opt out anymore from being Catholic, I remember you could but so many people did it, they changed the rules and afaik you can't opt out anymore...:(

We weren't married in a Catholic church, but it was a Christian church, so won't be having our baby baptised in an RC ceremony, we will have a Christian baptism though.

Silly I think its the top? as well as that, baby could just have it's bum out in the 2nd pic, you're very neat!!
    I must take more pics!

I'll be 7 weeks since my last!!

Yeah I know another girl who seemed to have longer between her 2nd and 3rd appts than I had.

Having a girlie afternoon with my bestie
    Tomorrow...lunch followed by manicures :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Silly, cute pics, you look great.

I must find out if I can get another scan, would love to know an approximate weight.

Went to bed late but still woke up at like 7.30 and couldn't go back to sleep. Dying for a lie in. Had a strop in the bed and shed some tears of frustration as I've been so tired all week. I have to force myself to have a nap later.

Does anyone else have this problem where they can't lie in on the weekend anymore? It's so annoying as I know I won't be getting any when himself arrives!

At least the sun is shining (where I am anyway!). Though these days all this means to me is clothes drying weather :D

I woke up at the usual time this morning, wasn't going back to sleep but was glued to the bed. Started watching something on 4OD and dosed off again. Only woke at 10. Really needed that.

Does anyone else find that baby is reacting to their OH?
    Every time he puts his hand on my belly, the baby goes mad! This morn it felt like the baby was trying to bore its out under his hand?
    OH thinks the baby doesn't like his hand there, but I think it's going hi daddy!

Does anyone else find that baby is reacting to their OH?
    Every time he puts his hand on my belly, the baby goes mad! This morn it felt like the baby was trying to bore its out under his hand?
    OH thinks the baby doesn't like his hand there, but I think it's going hi daddy!

Yes! We've really noticed this over the past week or two. Baby's so much stronger and bigger now, can really feel & see everything that's happening in there!

Was in the bath last night and he was thrashing about so hard for a minute that it was making lots of little waves in the bath. I know it's a small thing but I was kind of amazed that he finally had influence on the outside world, physically or whatever.

Ok that's a bit too deep for a Saturday morning, will go make more coffee, sleep deprived :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I have the opposite problem: the second he puts his hand on baby she stops moving: and she is not quiet she has me murdered from kicking... Although I can't figure out how I feel kicks in so many different places!

We both wake at 5 o clock every morning without fail.... I wonder will she keep that up when she gets here?

I need to move myself and shower and get myself to a Communion dinner... I have no get up and go at all these days :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I decided to go to an ante natal class! Sent the form in on tuesday and got a phine call on thurs to come in for an all day on sat! Sitting here like a lemon on my own. OH couldn't make it as 2 cows starting calving at 9am!!!

• Advertisement

First exam today, Urgh i could not be more unprepared. Oh well. Repeats arent that bad really,

my oh likes to rub and poke the baby and then if she doesn't move straight away he turns over and goes asleep leaving me with a hyper baby all night lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Good luck wit exams Java!

First exam today, Urgh i could not be more unprepared. Oh well. Repeats arent that bad really,

my oh likes to rub and poke the baby and then if she doesn't move straight away he turns over and goes asleep leaving me with a hyper baby all night lol!

Good luck today hun, I'm sure you'll do fine x

Oh poor you, notsobusy, no skiving down the back of the class for you!

Enjoy your communion today Cyning.

Good luck JG!

notsobusy wrote: »
    Good luck JG!
    You learning anything good ? I have one in June but i so dont wanna go !

To be honest not really. I'm quite bored and there's 3 hours to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Good luck today Javagal :)

Notsobusy just think its one day & you are done...we have an evening a week for 4 weeks...dreading it :rolleyes:

Do they like teach ya breathing and stuff cause i actually dont see the point if not, ive been around babies my whole life and have new babies in the family , i dont need to be taught how to change a nappy.

Man , students who come in early to study are Damn loud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Good luck JG!
    Notsobusy! You're a farm widow too!! Damn cows and their calves...
    Best of luck with exams java! My hubby feels one kick, is a bit amazed by it and then goes to sleep. He just wants a baby that he can see.
    I'm at a communion too today cyning. Enjoy your day.

Do they like teach ya breathing and stuff cause i actually dont see the point if not, ive been around babies my whole life and have new babies in the family , i dont need to be taught how to change a nappy.

Are u just doing one class?
    I've my second ante natal class on Wednesday with the physio and then two
    More with the midwives. I think OH can't make those two classes.
    The nurse in the hospital the last time said I would be time enough doing them in July! But the last class wld have been the week of my due date! I know the chances of going early are slim, but still I thought July was too late.

In the beauty salon with my friend and three ladies have come in to use the sunbed in the hour that I've been here. I'm shocked! Didn't think they were still as popular.

• Advertisement

The nurse in the hospital the last time said I would be time enough doing them in July! But the last class wld have been the week of my due date! I know the chances of going early are slim, but still I thought July was too late.

In the beauty salon with my friend and three ladies have come in to use the sunbed in the hour that I've been here. I'm shocked! Didn't think they were still as popular.

I asked her about the breathing as she didn't mention it and she just said sure the midwives will tell you how to breathe when you get there.......I was not impressed, I thought we might be shown how to swaddle the baby etc but no we didn't do that either.
    She went through the pain relief which was good but nothing I didn't know. And just what to pack for your hospital bag!!

Unfortunately the room was really hot and I got very uncomfortable and tired so we went for a tour of the hospital and I nearly fainted with the heat in there so after seeing the admissions room and the labour ward I left!

Yes Silly I'm a farm widow, it's a pain but at the same time really nice because he comes and goes from the house all day unless he's at the mart or spreading fertiliser!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Yes Silly I'm a farm widow, it's a pain but at the same time really nice because he comes and goes from the house all day unless he's at the mart or spreading fertiliser!
    I can't wait to be off work to have that. At the mo, I see him in the morning before he goes up to the farm and then when I get back from work he's milking, then ai then feeding calves so it's 9pm when he gets in, which is pretty much my bed time these days.

Got a really good bra in heatons yesterday. I always wanted one of those kinda spandex ones without clasps etc ( kinda like a sports bra) but I get really bad nippleitis!!! So needed padding. But found the comfiest padded claspless bra!! It's great. Got one black one, def going to buy another black and white one too.

Nope I got stuck with 2. on my poor OHs bday too lol!!

Exam went AWFUL.. So I will be repeating that with a 5week old.
    OH well, was my entire class not just me.
    Computer Scientists don't do maths well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Nope I got stuck with 2. on my poor OHs bday too lol!!

Exam went AWFUL.. So I will be repeating that with a 5week old.
    OH well, was my entire class not just me.
    Computer Scientists don't do maths well

Don't think like that! I hope it went better than you think :)

In my antenatal classes boring and all as they were they did go through breathing etc but definately wasn't shown how to change a nappy or anything: the midwives do that on the ward when baby gets here! They do a serious amount on breastfeeding : way too much in one sense.

Wrecked after communion today... glad its all over but glad I got to go too though!

Looking back over my belly shots funny!

Fancying them all up for a scrapbook !

Well ladies, just had panic attack 2 of my pregnancy,
    reading through my pregnancy app and i get to week 36, 'at the end of this week you'll be full term and baby could come anytime.'
    me. 'wow imagine that'll be me in 8 weeks'
    oh. "could be four by what that book says"

i am now in bed hiding with the dog, how dare he try drop that bomb shell!

Lovely tidy bump! Mine is sort of like that neat but mine is more out!! Must try and fix it so that I can upload from my phone!

You look great Java, your bump is so neat.

OH is gone away on a work trip today, don't know what to do with myself!

• Advertisement

Nice pic Java!
    I keep getting told my bump is neat... but what does it actually mean, I don't understand the concept. To me I'm massive!

Thse antenatal classes don't sound like much fun or like you get a huge amount of info from them. I don't know if I'm going to do them or not. My yoga teacher does active birthing classes every few months and is doing one in July, I might go, see if can pick up more techniques to help with labour.

Was supposed to go out with OH last night and go see some bands with friends and then stay over. But I just wasn't up for it & felt bad that I'm keeping him back - it's not like he'll be able to go out much when baby comes and he won't get another chance before the gigs. So I insisted he go, then I felt crummy after he was gone. Gah, can't win with these emotions. I did get a great sleep though as had the bed to myself!

Has anyone else developed a bit of a double chin - I certainly have. And all these spots just keep coming and coming. Don't feel very glamourous at all.

Advertisement