Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Hillary Clinton would've been a far better choice for President than Barack Obama.

It would have made no difference; the president is just a face for the people, the real decisions are made by men and women that are not publicly known. Although I have absolutely no proof of this I am, after all, just some fat loser in my moms basement trying to figure out how the world works in my head (in between insanely long and painful masturbation sessions). Rant over, now where did I put that sock...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

On air in a radio program, 95% of the time a guest or caller states they want to make "a point" you can be sure it will be longwinded, bloated meandering and moany. Such "point" will also be of trivial consequence to the program topic. Half of the time the guy/ gal says they wanted to state it for "the principle".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

If you're on a low wage, stop whining about "high earners" and go and f**king make something of yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

gugleguy wrote: »
    On air in a radio program, 95% of the time a guest or caller states they want to make "a point" you can be sure it will be longwinded, bloated meandering and moany. Such "point" will also be of trivial consequence to the program topic. Half of the time the guy/ gal says they wanted to state it for "the principle".

And they are usually too stupid to reason with anyway. I tend to avoid those like the plague but on the rare occasions that I have tuned in, I ended up shouting at the radio...Also, whats the name of that idiot with the fake yank accent who "hosts" one of those? He drives me mad with his faux concern when he's actually just a sh1t stirrer - like a Tesco Value Joe Duffy - and Joe Duffy is bad enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

PETA. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Sounds like a nice, peaceful, kind animal rights group, right?

Wrong.

On the one hand, this is an organisation that claims that all it wants is for cute and cuddly little puppies, kittens and bunnies and cows and chickens and everything to run free and have fun and frolic and all that.

On the other hand... PETA is the animal rights' equivalent of the IRA. Their long list of modi operandi include (and are not limited to): bombing, arson, assault, intimidation, harassment, vandalism, theft, fraud, larceny and supporting a known terrorist.

Note the word "ETHICAL" is embedded in their name. Ethics are something moral, that differ from person to person. It is not something that can be discussed and agreed upon. Morals and ethics are personal to each person, and for a group to use that in their name is more than a bit stupid.

PETA founder Ingrid Newkirk is a sinister, demi-god-like figure in PETA. Her word is law amongst PETA followers. She is shrewd, enigmatic and a total press-whore. Ingrid controls and commands over 200 dedicated, paid employees in the PETA Headquarters. Whatever she says, goes. Simple as.

This is a sample of what this woman says:

"Most people... realise that slavery is not over in America, or in the Western World, or in the world in general. The animals are today's slaves."

Ok, just to be clear. There are still hundreds of thousands of HUMANS who are being used as slaves today. So she is basically equating the endless suffering of millions upon millions of people throughout history... to chickens. That's a bit nuts, no?

PETA also ran one of the most insensitive and offensive ad campaigns in history. It was dubbed "The Holocaust On Your Plate". It equated the slaughtering of farm animals and the activities in abbatoirs... to what happened in the Holocaust. It showed images of concentration camp victims along side chickens being killed for meat.

Ok... not to sound insensitive. But a chicken is a monumentally stupid animal. It has no idea of what is going on. It is being killed for a purpose. For food.

To equate the mindless slaughter of millions upon millions of Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, Slavs, communists, mentally ill people, Russians, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc., with the commercial activities of today's meat industry. That is sick, exploitative and wrong. On so many levels. This is a level that PETA sunk to.

They basically stated that the way the Nazis treated people in concentration camps was no different to how animals are treated today. It is, to PETA at least, totally moral equivalent. PETA loves animals, and despises humans. That is obvious, from how they could so trivialise the Holocaust for their own twisted propaganda purposes.

Processing animals for food. Yeah, it isn't a pretty sight! But... is that not more an aesthetic problem than a moral one?

PETA, if they had their way, would outlaw fishing, circuses, dog shows, horseback riding, zoos, animal testing, pets and any food that comes from animals (this would include such stuff as honey and milk).

They would also outlaw the use of service animals like seeing-eye dogs, rescue dogs, police dogs and so on.

So... all of you pet lovers who donate to PETA... feel like an idiot? Because the very animal you lavish so much care and love on... well, PETA wants to take it away and you're a horrible person for persecuting your pet like that.

Once again, Ingrid sums it up:

"Our goal is total animal liberation. The day that everyone believes that animals are not ours to eat, not ours to wear, not ours for experiments and not ours for any other exploitative purpose.

"Total animal liberation" = all animals, in any kind of captivity (including pets), are to be set free. To live their lives as they see fit. No pets. Not meat. No medicine... let that one sink in for a moment.

Now, PETA does not acknowledge this link too much, but they are in bed with the terrorist organisation, the ALF (Animal Liberation Front). Rodney Coronado is an eco-terrorist who has been in the past on PETA's payroll. Coronado fire-bombed a Michigan State University research lab, and has publicly admitted to at least 6 other arson attacks on hospitals and medical research labs.

PETA was directly linked to Coronado, funding him to the tune of over $100,000 in the mid-90's. A convicted terrorist was on PETA's payroll.

Also consider the high-ranking PETA member, Mary Beth Sweetland. Sweetland is a Vice-President in PETA and a member of Ingrid Newkirk's inner circle. Sweetland is also a Type II diabetic. In order to survive, she needs to take daily multiple shots of insulin.

Insulin that is made from pigs and dogs. In medical research labs. Just like the ones PETA fire-bombed. Sweetland is a hypocrite of the highest order. She preaches about how evil animal research is. Yet, were it not for animal research, she'd be in a pine box, 6 Feet Under right now. When it comes to protecting animals, I guess Sweetland's concerns mellow a bit when it's her own life on the line. Yet this flies in the face of everything she stands for with PETA. Total and utter hypocrite.

"I don't see myself as a hypocrite. I need my life to fight for the rights of animals.

Yeah... supporting fire-bombings of labs where animal testing is conducted... and yet using the same labs' products for your own gain.

Bottom line? PETA are a nasty, hypocritical, criminal organisation that is unworthy of anything other than contempt. But they pluck at the heartstrings so well and come across brilliantly in the media... so they get away with it.

I'm not an animal hater, but I am a hypocrite hater... and PETA are the biggest bunch of fúcking hypocrites in the world!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

PETA, like pretty much every advocacy group are massive hypocrites.

Once a person or group of people take on a cause they will pursue it to the detriment of all else, including common sense.

Unfortunately they sometimes cross over into criminality once they hit peak zealotry as is the case with PETA and certain pro life groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Hillary Clinton would've been a far better choice for President than Barack Obama.

I agree but sadly she wasn't elected to run. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

If you're on a low wage, stop whining about "high earners" and go and f**king make something of yourself!

Believe me, a lot of us are trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,285 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No need, I'm happy being on a low wage, I can live on it and let you "high earners" pay the most tax.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Neither 'Fr. Ted' nor 'Friends' were funny!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Laois_Man wrote: »

Well, only one of those was a comedy:D

One comedy was about a bunch of idiot Catholic clerics the other was about a group of idiot thirtysomethings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

"If you say that to me again, I'll put your head through the wall." - Fr. Fintan Stack

The legal argument going on between the different sides’ professional legal teams regarding the Garth Brooks concerts is following completely cold calculated business manuevering. No barrister or solicitor should be in any way about poor discommoded fans or upset croke park neighborhood residents and how they feel. The winners of the legal argument will be the most detached and ruthless operators here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

While I accept that there are transgender people who are homosexual or bi, they fight a different cause for the most part and as such don't think that LGBT should be classified as a minority group. There are two different issues so there should be two separate groups; LGB and Transgender. You can fight two causes without diluting either.

I think Fox News is a biased news channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Not unpopular this is fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

All papers, media, and tv have their own agenda, its up to you to use those sources left right and middle and come to your own conclusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I think WWE wrestling may be staged, just a hunch mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Is there a non-biased one?

Unpopular opinion: There should be no option to recline your seat on a plane. God bless Ryanair in this regard!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

c_man wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion: There should be no option to recline your seat on a plane. God bless Ryanair in this regard!

OK, I'll bite

Should this apply to long-haul also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Yamanoto wrote: »
    OK, I'll bite

Should this apply to long-haul also?

Fair point. Haven't much experience there, longest flight I've done is Dublin to New York. No recline, not one inch.

c_man wrote: »
    Is there a non-biased one?

Six One News, Dobbo tells it like it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

That's not an opinion. That's a fact. To call what they do biased it even an understatement.

That's not an opinion. That's a fact. To call what they do biased it even an understatement.

The reporting on the Israeli bombing was shocking, "no casualties on the Israeli side at least" they say despite Palestinian children having been blown up.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

The song "Let it Go" from Frozen is not that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

i cannot stand Mrs Browns Boys. Was made to go see the movie aswell, pure dribble.

Tries way too hard to be funny, and the acting is worse than Fair City.

Found myself cringe-ing through the whole film

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Six One News, Dobbo tells it like it is!

Or maybe not telling at all, which is where the real problems lie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

akelly02 wrote: »
    i cannot stand Mrs Browns Boys. Was made to go see the movie aswell, pure dribble.

Tries way too hard to be funny, and the acting is worse than Fair City.

Found myself cringe-ing through the whole film

I heard the original, "Agnes Browne" is worth a look, mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

IrishAlice wrote: »
    The song "Let it Go" from Frozen is not that good.
    It's terrible. I hate it, and it is everywhere!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement