Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ruses out for a month, so guessing card will be changed to Dolphins vs Breeze now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PaddyPope

Any ideas where they might be staying this time round? Myself and the missus will be in town all day before the show so we were gonna try and see if we can spot any of them?

They filmed some of Total Divas in The Spencer earlier this year so I'm guessing they might be there but I know it's been Jurys the previous years. Also, I know Sheamus tends to go for a pint in Buskers. Would love to see Finn, Sheamus and Becky all on the lash in Temple Bar!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cianocarroll

PaddyPope wrote: »
    Any ideas where they might be staying this time round? Myself and the missus will be in town all day before the show so we were gonna try and see if we can spot any of them?

They filmed some of Total Divas in The Spencer earlier this year so I'm guessing they might be there but I know it's been Jurys the previous years. Also, I know Sheamus tends to go for a pint in Buskers. Would love to see Finn, Sheamus and Becky all on the lash in Temple Bar!

Yeah I did this last time and it was great.
    I think they always stay at The Spencer because it's right next to the arena so I don't know why they'd go anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

sky88 wrote: »
    it also gives people and kids especially false hope that cena will be there which i dont like

They always bring the excess stuff they can't sell in the US to Europe don't expect much.

The different between the clobber in the wrestlemania store every year and what they bring here is mad. Last run Cena colours, necklaces and barley any kids sizes despite the massive amount of kids that go, kids wearing t-shirts to there ankles even though they do small kids sizes online and in the US. Always though it bad of em

I guess the problem is though they always clean out the stock.

If people buy it in droves, they've no real inclination to stop. Unless everyone refuses to buy those shirts, they'll keep doing it :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Heard an ad on the radio the week before last that the main event was Rollin Cena for the title. I actually texted the show to get them to say it won't be happening, didn't hear it in the half hour after I sent it.

I remember getting the train to Dublin last April the day of the event. About 20 kids going in a group and all mad for Cena. I dread the reactions if people go expecting him

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Smurray23

This looks good.... considering buying a ticket.... has anyone ever bought tickets from viagogo?? Is it trustworthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭p90airsofter

Anybody tempted?

God Yeah. Just have to check on the money tree out back...

On another note, im new to the thread!

Anyone have locations of signings tomorrow?

Also what is the updated card? I think just having Breeze and Balor on this show is worth going to see alone! Any idea if Owens will be there? I may just lose control if he is!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

God Yeah. Just have to check on the money tree out back...

On another note, im new to the thread!

Anyone have locations of signings tomorrow?

Also what is the updated card? I think just having Breeze and Balor on this show is worth going to see alone! Any idea if Owens will be there? I may just lose control if he is!! :eek:

Smyths Jervis St - Finn Balor you need a wristband to get in though think its at 4 or half 4 not sure which.

lycan238 wrote: »
    Smyths Jervis St - Finn Balor you need a wristband to get in though think its at 4 or half 4 not sure which.

You hero! Where do i get a wristband from?

• Advertisement

You hero! Where do i get a wristband from?

The shop or ask on here if anyone has any spare. If getting from the shop go in early in the morning and ask at customer service desk if they have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Myself and a buddy decided to go this. My first live event. Looking forward to it now. Especially with Ric Flair being there. Will Kane actually be facing Rollins now that the Wyatt's have him or do TV story lines not matter for live shows?? I wonder will Seamus tease a cash in with him being in his home town 😆

Myself and a buddy decided to go this. My first live event. Looking forward to it now. Especially with Ric Flair being there. Will Kane actually be facing Rollins now that the Wyatt's have him or do TV story lines not matter for live shows?? I wonder will Seamus tease a cash in with him being in his home town 😆

Don't actually know if onscreen storylines matter at house shows. the closest I will get to it is checking the wwedublin hashtag on twitter. Its bad if the 2 matches they advertised for Rollins never happen although he could face reigns if he is there

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Antiturquoise

Can anyone pick up two wristbands for today's signing for myself and a friend ? Live in Laois so couldn't make it over for the giveaway and would love to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wolfpac

Do you need tickets to the show to go to the signing?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

wolfpac wrote: »
    Do you need tickets to the show to go to the signing?

No just a wristband from smiths.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wolfpac

Sorry for the questions but how do you get a wristband?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Antiturquoise

You where to go to smyths and ask for them but it's all cool I got some :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gamebyrne

Have they got any left? Can't get through to the store....

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Just curious, do they travel on a WWE Plane or with the likes of American Airlines?

Really annoyed I can't go tonight. Just heard Sheamus on 2fm hyping up his match with Balor. I'd say the atmosphere will be electric. Wonder will that match be the main event? Rollins will obviously defeat Kane, presumeably clean like at HIAC so they will need something to send fans home happy. I don' think Kane getting back up and chockslamming Rollins will do it.

• Advertisement

Pinkman wrote: »
    Just curious, do they travel on a WWE Plane or with the likes of American Airlines?

Really annoyed I can't go tonight. Just heard Sheamus on 2fm hyping up his match with Balor. I'd say the atmosphere will be electric. Wonder will that match be the main event? Rollins will obviously defeat Kane, presumeably clean like at HIAC so they will need something to send fans home happy. I don' think Kane getting back up and chockslamming Rollins will do it.

Ideally, I think they'd end with Sheamus vs Balor.

But I reckon it will be something like Rollins gets DQ'd, starts running away when Flair comes out behind him, throws him back into the ring, chokeslam, figure four, and Flair struts round the ring to close the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Passed by the Spencer hotel on the way back from the airport. A sizeable crowd outside there. Went to a concert last night so had to miss the wrestling this year so tempted to go but have to save money.would of loved the see ric flair and the dudleyz.

Enjoy all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Passed by the Spencer hotel on the way back from the airport. A sizeable crowd outside there. Went to a concert last night so had to miss the wrestling this year so tempted to go but have to save money.would of loved the see ric flair and the dudleyz.

Enjoy all

The wife is on business in Dublin all week and is staying at the hotel.

and the award for most random cameo at a wrestling show goes to......Rob Beckett????

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Looks like Rollins has injured his ankle. Was doing the sunset flip into the bucklebomb on Kane and injured himself. Appeared to get back up and powerbomb Kane through the table (carrying 330 lbs of weight after just injuring your ankle is surely only going to make it worse?) and finished the match but had to be helped out.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/1104/603461/seth-rollins-possibly-injured-at-wwe-live-event-in-dublin/

Well everyone! Thoughts on the show?!

Enjoyed it, but ended flat.

Quick spoilers ahoy!
    Cesaro beats Miz
    Big Show beats Miz/Curtis Axel
    R Truth beat Bo Dollas
    New Day beat Dudleyz
    Dolph (and his new luscious locks) beat Breeze
    Becky & Charlotte beat Brie and Alicia
    Finn beat Sheamus
    Rollins beat Kane

Will spoiler tag "spoilers" that might happen on the other shows (like Belfast).

It was a really weird second half. For some reason, Becky didn't get her own entrance, and the crowd were fully ready to get behind her. She came out with Charlotte to Charlotte's theme. Still, Becky got a great reaction.

Finn vs Sheamus was awesome, lots of false finishes. Only complaint would be the crowd weren't sure who to cheer; Sheamus was obviously Heel, but he always is at Dublin shows and they usually cheer him anyway, and he's Oirish. But the crowd were still well into Finn. I said this should close the show in the last few weeks and stand by that.

Thats cause the ending to Kane/Rollins was .... well,
    the heel won. So the crowd didn't "go home happy". I think Rollins legit did his ankle in, since after the match he had to be helped to the back and the show just kind of ended. No big heroic moment, no high fives from the faces who rule supreme. Just kind of "Yeah, Seth won, get out now!".

It was also a No DQ match so lots of weapons, which was fun.

Rob Beckett (the Essex comedian with the teeth) seemed to be filming something. They introduced him, he cut a little promo which fizzled out to silence, and then during Truth/Bo, he was talking to a camera at ring side. Don't know what he was filming, but it was a **** match to showcase WWE :P

Dolph had the straighteners at the hair, so had long flowing blond hair. Was quiet girly :P

Overall, a typical WWE house show. Lots of fun, but weird not to let Becky have the hometown entrance, and the ending was really flat.

Next tickets go on sale November 19th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've heard Rob Beckett pointing out in the past his uncanny likeness to Jack Swagger. I always wondered was he a wrestling fan.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I'd agree with what Lord tsc said above good show with some weird elements. There were lots of people around me that seemed like they had no interest in wrestling.

The ending was flat but it seemed like a lot of families left with there kids after Finn/sheamus.

Finn and sheamus was awesome and was worth the price for that.

Becky was super over so weird not to give her entrance alone. She looked so happy to be there it was great.

Also special shoutout to some blond guy in front of me doing finns entrance along with him.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've heard him crack wrestling jokes from time to time.

Sigh. I forgot something.

Flair.

God, I was actually kind of sad watching him. He had someone helping him up the stairs, and he really struggled to get into the ring. He asked if we were excited for "Becky, Sheamus and Fit Finlay". I guess someone gave him the names, he heard "Finn" and ran with it. Waved to the crowd and then hobbled backstage again.

I love Ric, probably one of, if not THE, greatest of all times. But I found it really sad seeing just how utterly broken down he seemed to be, far beyond with a 66 year old should be :(

Advertisement