Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, I've heard him crack wrestling jokes from time to time.

Sigh. I forgot something.

Flair.

God, I was actually kind of sad watching him. He had someone helping him up the stairs, and he really struggled to get into the ring. He asked if we were excited for "Becky, Sheamus and Fit Finlay". I guess someone gave him the names, he heard "Finn" and ran with it. Waved to the crowd and then hobbled backstage again.

I love Ric, probably one of, if not THE, greatest of all times. But I found it really sad seeing just how utterly broken down he seemed to be, far beyond with a 66 year old should be :(

Tbh I think it sounded like he had a few too many drinks before he came out

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, I've heard him crack wrestling jokes from time to time.

Sigh. I forgot something.

Flair.

God, I was actually kind of sad watching him. He had someone helping him up the stairs, and he really struggled to get into the ring. He asked if we were excited for "Becky, Sheamus and Fit Finlay". I guess someone gave him the names, he heard "Finn" and ran with it. Waved to the crowd and then hobbled backstage again.

I love Ric, probably one of, if not THE, greatest of all times. But I found it really sad seeing just how utterly broken down he seemed to be, far beyond with a 66 year old should be :(
    Totally share your thoughts on flair such a shame seen him like this.
    was talking to a few people after the show and they all seemed to miss this thought I had imagined it

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Sorry on the show itself thought was ok some really good matches Finn sheamus motn Seth Kane was ok miz was grand and nice see becky dolph disappointed me with the hair but match was ok and I thought new day where awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Breeze & Ziggler...Twins!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

That does not look good :/
    Will be gutted if he's out for the Belfast show. I missed tonight and Belfast has already had Bálor, Becky and Rusev ( Cena too - yawn )
    taken off the card

CTAUd66U8AAxehd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

This was my first live event in 10 years, the last time I seen WWE was in the Point. The production of the house shows have changed a LOT in that time! Also the atmosphere has really changed, but thats totally to be expected, as in '04 and '05, it was still a novelty to see WWE, so lots of the seats were taken up older fans. Lot more kids now. I felt sorry for the kids there in their full cena gear, most of them didn't know he wasn't going to be there.

as for the show, really enjoyed it. lots of good matches. I really hope Flair was drunk, otherwise he is in pretty bad shape. Seeing him being helped up the ring steps was a bit of a downer. Cesaro and Miz had a good match. New Day are amazing live, and it was the first time for me to see the Dudleyz. Dolph and Breeze had a very good match, Divas match was excellent, Finn and Sheamus had the match of the night imo. Kane and Rollins wasn't bad.

Hopefully Rollins injury is not too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I see Bayley will be on the Glasgow show. Her first main roster tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I really enjoyed it for my first ever WWE live event. I will defiantly try to go to April one.

As many have already said Balor and Sheamus tore the house down and should of been the main event of the show.

The other matches were grand and they had a very typical house show feel to them as you would expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

sky88 wrote: »
    There were lots of people around me that seemed like they had no interest in wrestling.

Yeah, I think had a dad sitting beside me with a bored look on his face.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cianocarroll

Would I be correct in assuming the wrestlers have left the hotel at this stage?

I've been here for a while and I've seen no one lol

They normally stay at the hotel for ages the following day but their next show isn't in Belfast this time round.

So what do yous think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Would I be correct in assuming the wrestlers have left the hotel at this stage?

I've been here for a while and I've seen no one lol

They normally stay at the hotel for ages the following day but their next show isn't in Belfast this time round.

So what do yous think?

I would assume they're well gone by now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Think there has been times where if they aren't in Belfast the next night, they fly out to wherever straight after the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

The Dublin wrestlers are in Cardiff tonight, I'd say they have all long left Dublin by now, Sheamus was interviewed on 2fm yesterday and mentioned flying out straight after last nights show, if I heard him right.

Yep Charlotte was in the airport last night anyway, no doubt others were with her too https://instagram.com/p/9ruk3XL6Hj/

Great show last night, loved Dolph straightening his hair to match Tylers. Excellent hairography going on there. The Divas match was my favourite, made sense to make Paige a guest ref with Nikki not making it over. Obviously the reaction Becky got was electric. Understandable that her music wasn't played at the intro, Charlotte is the champ, it was obvious that Becky would do the pinning to win and her music would play then. The wrestling was far superior to the divas at the April show, Charlotte and Brie in particular did some amazing moves together.

Enjoyed it overall, in general the wrestlers went more all out than they did in April, I was surprised back then at how obvious it was that they were holding back but with it being the start of their European tour they went all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭PaddyPope

Yeah they all left the hotel to go to the arena with all their luggage so I imagine they were jetting straight off.

I agree that it was really difficult to watch Ric Flair. Granted the guy is 66, he seems way older watching him try and hype a crowd. I just put it down to the whiskeys he was drinking at the bar in The Spencer with his bodyguards before the show.

Overall a good show. Ending could have been better but I have to commend Seth for finishing the match even after clearly injuring his leg. Kane is not an easy body to lift after doing ankle/knee damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

[QUOTE=PaddyPope;97625966. I just put it down to the whiskeys he was drinking at the bar in The Spencer with his bodyguards before the show. [/QUOTE]

cud you go up and talk to him or would his bodyguards tell you to piss off

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

How did Rollins win the match in the end? Reading reports I thought he won it with the powerbomb through the table after the injury but having just watched a clip Kane kicked out of that. Did he do the bucklebomb to Kane during the match?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I've a pre sale code which I won't be using for the next wwe event at the 3 arena. If anyone wants it PM me.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    cud you go up and talk to him or would his bodyguards tell you to piss off

I think people were saying hi but the bodyguards weren't allowing any pics or people to sit beside him.

Rollins supposedly out for 6-9 months after the injury last night!

WWE to hold a tournament at Survivor Series to determine new World Heavyweight Champion.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/seth-rollins-injury-title-tournament-survivor-series-28164051

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

6-9 months. That sucks. He will be missed whether people liked him or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭aidz

What date was next show announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Poor Rollins, that's a horrible injury.
    aidz wrote: »
    What date was next show announced?

http://3arena.ie/index.php/artist/wwe-live4/1230

21st April

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Any date for when/where the RAW taping will be in April? Been threatening to go for the last few years.

Me and a few mates'll definitely head to Liverpool, Manchester or LDN if we can.

Ticket morning!

Block D, Row 9.

Not joking, literally the exact same seats I was in last show. Two shows ago, I was four to the left. So thats three shows in a row I was in Row 9 of Block D :P

I think I'll petition them to just put my name on the seat from now on :P

Right so if the Belfast show is the day before the Dublin show does this mean that they won't be staying in the hotel this time round?

Because they'll probably just go to the arena straight from Belfast and then fly out after the show.

I'm just guessing but has this happened before or do any of you have any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,814 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Right so if the Belfast show is the day before the Dublin show does this mean that they won't be staying in the hotel this time round?

Because they'll probably just go to the arena straight from Belfast and then fly out after the show.

I'm just guessing but has this happened before or do any of you have any other ideas?

i think they still use the spencer hotel for meals, rest etc during the day of the show. they mite fly straight from belfast after the show there and stay in dublin that night and fly out from dublin straight away

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i think they still use the spencer hotel for meals, rest etc during the day of the show. they mite fly straight from belfast after the show there and stay in dublin that night and fly out from dublin straight away

Alright thanks and if they don't go to the hotel there'll probably be an autograph signing in Smyths or something so I'll go to that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Any idea where the RAW/Smackdown tapings will be next year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

They're on in the O2 in London. Tickets on sale Friday for the tapings or yesterday for the O2 rewards thing.

Advertisement