Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Something that erked me about the last few house shows is that every bout the face went over.

Except BNB beating Zack Ryder!

and he was in AMAZING Heel mode! loved that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

This got some funny responses:
    https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/586123955733405697

Saying "Hello London" or have the announcer announce "now residing from Tampa, Florida" are my current favourites.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know they won't, but I'd love Sheamus to start running down Ireland, only to be interrupted by Balor, and the two fight "for the pride of a country" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

rovert wrote: »
    Saying "Hello London" or have the announcer announce "now residing from Tampa, Florida" are my current favourites.

I'd say they will do exactly what they did a few years ago, have him get on the mic and say:
    "I'm so glad to be back in my home town (cheap pop), so I realise how lucky I am to be out of it, I am so much better than all of you and you should bow down to me, you are all pathetic etc etc"
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    I know they won't, but I'd love Sheamus to start running down Ireland, only to be interrupted by Balor, and the two fight "for the pride of a country" :P

that would be amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Just got mine, 2nd row ringside on ticketmaster.ie

Act fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

If anyone is still looking, in the last couple of mins I got a Ringside D, Row A seat. Not sure which side D is but I'm happy enough obviously.

I've been checking on and off today and got lucky. Keep checking guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

What time does the actual show start guys? Waiting patiently for my date with a bulmers in the sunshine

7 30

They ditched two screens for one big one

Being asked to vote on a singles divas match or a six woman's tag

First half was awesome. No way second half can top it. Balor and Sheamus had a great segment together. And Enda Kenny and Water charges got a mention...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Any more details on Balor and Sheamus tonight? Was there bodypaint? How was his entrance? Did sheamus do anything heelish? How were the crowd reactions for both? Who did they fight?

So many questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Sheamus brogued Balor apparently after pretending to be face at first. Balor fought Neville. Think Balor won.

I think I am sitting behind Cathal Pendred.... Yeah he is tweeting

Well, that was awesome. Quick rundown of the card...
    Balor beats Neville. No facepaint, just a fan-tast-ic match. Really great. Sheamus comes out afterwards, and says the future is in good hands...then clobbers Neville and kicks Balor, before saying there's only room for one Irish guy on the WWE roster.

Kidd/Cesaro beat New Day in another great match, at least for the atmosphere. Kidd/Cesaro were massively over, and they seemed surprised themselves about how much the crowd were behind them.

One of the Usos beat Fandango (w/Rosa). Crowd was dead.

R-Truth beat Xavier Woods. Woods cut a promo pre-match, crowd were really hot with the "New Day Sucks" chants, continuing on from earlier.

Bryan, Ziggler and Rowen beat Sheamus, BNB and Wyatt. Solid match. Crowd weren't sure to cheer Sheamus or not, but were all up for Bryan.

After the break, a "Crowds choice" match, after the fans had been asked to vote for a 1 vs 1 or 3 vs 3 Divas match. 3 vs 3 won with 94% of the vote. Natalya, Emma and Rose (who I guess turned face during the intermission...) beat Alicia, Cameron and Summer Rae. The match was awful; it was mostly the heels beating on Emma for 5 minutes that felt like 20.

Mizdow beat Miz. Fun match, Mizdow cut a promo before the match.

Main event was Big Show vs Reigns. Really wasn't great. It was a "Dublin Street Fight" which meant we got some weapons. The tables got bigger pops than Reigns. The chair shots and kendo stick shots were pathetic from Reigns. He was half-assing it in a really bad way. For someone who just mainevented Mania, there was nearly no t-shirts for him.

Enjoyed the show.

As I said above, Cathal Pendred was there. Didn't know who he was, honestly. But after intermission, after he had tweeted some pictures, a few lads a few rows down turned round, and started screaming "CM PUNK!" at him. I noticed when he came in late, thought "Wow, this guy is jacked and has dragged his hot girlfriend along with him". She was super into the show though, whereas he didn't seem all that interested.

Was a fun show. Always love watching the eyes of the kids who are so into the shows. Always love watching the parents who've never watched before and think it's amazing how great a show it is :P

Fun show. was sitting beside some famous guy, people kept getting pictures with him, have no clue who he was.

Fun show. was sitting beside some famous guy, people kept getting pictures with him, have no clue who he was.

Block D, row 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Broken Strings

Nicky Byrne was in Ringside C with his kids And a few people were asking for pictures. Could have been him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Got to go for free tonight as I was on duty. Was decent enough. First ever live WWE event. Was so weird without the commentating!!! The best part of the entire night was Sheamus' promo on Enda Kenny and the water charges :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

glenjamin wrote: »
    Got to go for free tonight as I was on duty. Was decent enough. First ever live WWE event. Was so weird without the commentating!!! The best part of the entire night was Sheamus' promo on Enda Kenny and the water charges :D

Was he supporting them? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Sheamus and the water charges

Nicky Byrne was in Ringside C with his kids And a few people were asking for pictures. Could have been him.

It wasnt Nicky, he had grey hair and a dark beard. Somebody i think said Rocky ?

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Block D, row 9?

Yeah sounds right, i was in E

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭KMFCross

It wasnt Nicky, he had grey hair and a dark beard. Somebody i think said Rocky ?

I'd assume it was the guy on the right in this picture https://twitter.com/AonghusOg/status/586235341276839936 Fair City actor Michael Sheehan, think he's a bare knuckle boxer in it so maybe thats why they called him Rocky.

yeah that was him. Who is he ?

Actually i guessed from your twwet :)

https://instagram.com/p/1S5S1pPMhf
    Met the most incredible kids today at Our Lady's Children's Hospital in Dublin, amazing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

yeah that was him. Who is he ?

Actually i guessed from your twwet :)

He plays Dean in Fair City. I think he trains in a certain MMA gym in Dublin too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Dancor wrote: »
    He plays Dean in Fair City. I think he trains in a certain MMA gym in Dublin too.

I seen him at one or 2 of the Woolshed PPV things.

The whole Sheamus thing is getting loads of publicity all over the net , The funny thing is way to many people are actually believing he is serious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I seen him at one or 2 of the Woolshed PPV things.

The whole Sheamus thing is getting loads of publicity all over the net , The funny thing is way to many people are actually believing he is serious

Yeah I was not there last night but heard about seamus and the water charges. Its actually funny that it has gained as much publicity as it has. One great way to get booed in your hometown show though I will give him that.

Finally getting to see Devitt (NWA Ireland) and O'Shaughnessy (Irish Whip Wrestling) in the same ring was something else.

Really liked the six man tag and the opener too.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

rovert wrote: »
    Finally getting to see Devitt (NWA Ireland) and O'Shaughnessy (Irish Whip Wrestling) in the same ring was something else.

Really liked the six man tag and the opener too.

6 man could've main event'd!

• Advertisement

KingJamsie wrote: »
    6 man could've main event'd!

Thought the main event was pretty decent bell to bell to be fair just I got to tiredness and looking at my watch stage. Reigns isn't over enough yet to close the show though.

Are we getting the Cena tour next time? Dublin hasn't gotten Paige yet. Becky vs Paige would be the dream.

https://twitter.com/JoeyStyles/status/586590110185086976

Advertisement