Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

I'm beginning to dread it now, I was way up looking down at the little fückers running to the barriers last time, now I'm gonna be in the crush seats. If ye see a few of them going head first it was me, you can thank me later, but seriously why don't the security sort them out?! Isn't that their job??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

This is important. Kids WILL rush to the front barricades for entrances and exits. Security WILL NOT do anything. If you don't want to be pushed out of the spot you deserve, use your years of wrestling experience to know which move is the finish of the match, jump out of your seat and beat the kids to the railing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I remember someone saying once they asked security to do something, and the reply was WWE tell them not to, and to let the kids go crazy.

Annoying about Punk if true :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The way I see it is parents would raise absolute hell if security laid a hand on their kid, and that's not the sort of publicity the WWE want. Granted, the parents should be acting like a bloody parent, and keeping the kid under control, but logic often takes a backseat in parenthood from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

jaykhunter wrote: »
    This is important. Kids WILL rush to the front barricades for entrances and exits. Security WILL NOT do anything. If you don't want to be pushed out of the spot you deserve, use your years of wrestling experience to know which move is the finish of the match, jump out of your seat and beat the kids to the railing.

That's what AhmadKh7 and I did last year. We shot from our seats as there was a more final finisher.
    Front row is fantastic for photos! There's a link somewhere in the thread to my album of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

But sure you don't have to touch a child to get them to move?! Very annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭AhmadKh7

That's what AhmadKh7 and I did last year. We shot from our seats as there was a more final finisher.
    Front row is fantastic for photos! There's a link somewhere in the thread to my album of them.

Haha we owned them like CHAMPS !! It's actually not that difficult to predict the finish as matches are very basic and straight forward in these shows. You guys will be fine... just jump when the ref hits 2.

Hashtag_HEEL That was one heck of a night !! Being featured in WWE website was awesome. We're part of history now hehe :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

One of the best parts of the show last time was a false finish in Dolph v Cena, loads of people bursting out of their seats thinking the match was over and missing the kick out so still thinking it was over.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

I got front row seats ,good luck to the kids trying to get front of me

DSC00755.jpgDSC00751.jpgDSC00725.jpgDSC00691.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭AhmadKh7

Wardy2 : Amazing pictures !!! May I ask what type of camera were you using ?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

According to WWE, CM Punk is no longer listed to appear unfortunately.

Also - Fandango is scheduled to appear in Newcastle the very same night.

AhmadKh7 wrote: »
    Wardy2 : Amazing pictures !!! May I ask what type of camera were you using ?

its an sony cyber shot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Any word if Luke and Duane will be making a special appearance for the Zack Ryder signing? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Did people get wristbands for the Ryder signing??

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blani

So we don't get Punk, NAO, The Shield or Fandango. Absolute **** one! Two matches for the Smackdown Tour confirmed on two of the venue's sites -

No Disqualification Match
    Alberto Del Rio w/ Ricardo vs. Jack Swagger w/ Zeb Colter Six Man Tag Team Match
    Sheamus and New Age Outlaws vs. The Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Absolutely gutted Smackdown gets NAO. I would have marked the F out if their music hit on Friday night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Nimmi182

We are getting Fandango in Dublin....well I hope so from his tweet!!

PinkFly wrote: »
    I'm beginning to dread it now, I was way up looking down at the little fückers running to the barriers last time, now I'm gonna be in the crush seats. If ye see a few of them going head first it was me, you can thank me later, but seriously why don't the security sort them out?! Isn't that their job??
    Last year there was this female steward who kept saying go back to your seats to the kids and they wouldn't listen. All of a sudden, this parent came out of nowhere and started screaming at the women telling her to leave my kids alone. I was appauled to see it happen. She's just doing her job and doing it well, and trying to make it enjoyable for people that are 4ft nothing see. Seats in the first 10 rows are bad enough without little munckins blocking you too. I'm sure you will be fine, just don't let them get infront of you. They think they run the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I worked security in the point and then the o2 for wwe events - it is f*cking horrible! The kids just sprint and there is nothing oyu can do about it - one wayward arm and you have a lawsuit on your hands, that and wwe security tell you to let them up during entrences and exits - but sure as hell don't help you when you have to tell them to go back to their seats during the matches themselves!

Tiered seats are the best by a long shot - block d - directly smack bang in the middle - about 6 rows back is ideal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Long shot I know but I see that the Undertaker is scheduled to appear on Raw and Smackdown in the UK next week! Wonder if theres any chance he could appear on Friday??

Long shot I know but I see that the Undertaker is scheduled to appear on Raw and Smackdown in the UK next week! Wonder if theres any chance he could appear on Friday??
    Doubt it...he's more for the televised events! Unless they pull a surprise :/ never really know.

Just spotted this on Aiken Promotions;

***WWE Championship Tables Match***

John Cena vs. Ryback

- - -

Kane vs. Big E Langston

- - -

Daniel Bryan vs. World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler

- - -

And all of your favorite Superstars including:
    Antonio Cesaro

R-Truth

Cody Rhodes

Damien Sandow

AJ Lee
    Kaitlyn

And many more!

Card subject to change
    ----

Seriously cannot make up there mind LOL. I'm hoping for AJ vs Kaitlyn for the Title also. Make this happen WWE. Also card could be different for both shows but usually they keep it similar.

Nimmi182 wrote: »
    Doubt it...he's more for the televised events! Unless they pull a surprise :/ never really know.

True would be great to see him! Hopefully we will get a suprise or two as well as the scheduled wrestlers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

in fairness gotta love a tables match and bryan and ziggs should be awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

As a non-wrestling fan but keeping tabs on this as I'm taking the wee lad to Belfast, I think this is wrestling craic is a shambles. All the switching from RAW to Smackdown and vice versa, more or less not having a clue who the hell will be there on the night. I just see my wee lad being disappointed from the outset as he's been dinging on about CM Punk for ages. A joke.

Wtf is the story with the two factions? Wee lad is able to tell me that such n such is RAW, or such n such is Smackdown, but it seems they are whatever suits the week in question :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Liamalone wrote: »
    As a non-wrestling fan but keeping tabs on this as I'm taking the wee lad to Belfast, I think this is wrestling craic is a shambles. All the switching from RAW to Smackdown and vice versa, more or less not having a clue who the hell will be there on the night. I just see my wee lad being disappointed from the outset as he's been dinging on about CM Punk for ages. A joke.

Wtf is the story with the two factions? Wee lad is able to tell me that such n such is RAW, or such n such is Smackdown, but it seems they are whatever suits the week in question :(

They split it between Raw and Smackdown back in 2002 after WWE bought the rival company and were over loaded with "stars".

It's been more relaxed in recent years, and pretty much impossible to tell which wrestler is on which show. They make it up as they go along really.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They split it between Raw and Smackdown back in 2002 after WWE bought the rival company and were over loaded with "stars".

It's been more relaxed in recent years, and pretty much impossible to tell which wrestler is on which show. They make it up as they go along really.

Following the European tour, they are dropping the Raw and Smackdown Live tour names and just referring to them as WWE Live tours.

Sometimes I wish they scrap the brand extension completely but if they do the World Heavyweight Title will slip further into mid-card hell. The only time WWE seems to take that title seriously is when HHH either has it or is hunting it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

The whole reason for the brand split is so they can have only half the roster tour, so each "side" goes once a year (go see WWE twice to see the roster). I was going to say check the 'superstar roster' section of RAW and SD but they've disappeared, it's just WWE now.

Hmm. Well it's a RAW house show, I'd expect to see CM Punk & WWE Champion John Cena. I suppose check who's on RAW but not SmackDown, and that's the definite RAW roster. :rolleyes: It's all a big dog's dinner.

• Advertisement

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Following the European tour, they are dropping the Raw and Smackdown Live tour names and just referring to them as WWE Live tours.

Sometimes I wish they scrap the brand extension completely but if they do the World Heavyweight Title will slip further into mid-card hell. The only time WWE seems to take that title seriously is when HHH either has it or is hunting it.

As far as I know though when WWE does tour there will still be two seperate tours so it will still be anyones guess who you will get to see..

Advertisement