Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When did you realise you were getting old?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

Pighead is only a chap.
    The Trogs were some group in the !!!ies. .

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

When on a night out and the pubs shut at 1, you are ready to go home. A night club is now just a sweaty, expensive, waste of time to me now.

A quite late bar is my night club these days.

Getting totally sick of 90% of music on the radio an opting to listen to Newstalk an Matt Cooper instead, and enjoying it. Only Music station I listen to is Phantom and being in Galway I have to stream tht from my phone to my Car stereo via blue tooth, an I still find myself flicking back to Talk stuff.

Having to think about what i eat now, i used to be able to wolf down everything in sight and just burn it off, not so easy now. Not making as fast gains in the gym like I used to.

Looking at teenagers fashion and thinking WTF!

Realising tht people born on 1994 are driving?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭anto2

When the bar girls and other Thais, here in Thailand started calling me ''Papa'' :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

when you take up an interest in gardening...now thats a sure sign your getting old

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

fryup wrote: »
    when you take up an interest in gardening...now thats a sure sign your getting old

I started growing vegetables last year :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

About 30, when I started listening to Morning Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

When I turned 20, I had some major anxiety issues about the fact, was pretty scary.

I'm 23 now and I'm the youngest person where I work by a few years so I definitely feel young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

When I started to refuse to go to certain pubs because they are too busy.

When I refuse to go to nightclubs because the music is too loud and I'm not paying the 15euro to get in, that 15 euro could be put towards shopping or the ESB bill.

And finally, a hangover will last 3 days now, gone are the days when you would wake up fresh as a daisy after a night on the drink :( and I'm only 27.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

since turning 30:( last febuary ive noticed a few things that are starting to show that im getting old -

making an ahhhhhhhh noise and whispering 'jaysus' as i stand up out of a chair

ive a nose hair that a midget could bungee jump with

i get annoyed when i hear kids playing ' music' on the bus

music nowadays is shite

Ya see, you're allowing yourself to get old. Think old - and you'll be old!:)

And your last statement is the most indicting one: there is ALWAYS good music. No matter what the decade is.;)

PS I'm a Grandad around AH - I'm 52!:eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Oranage2 wrote: »
    When you tell kids to f*ck off away from the garden - I remember when if i heard the clatter of kids playing I'd grab my sword and be out the door in a wizz only last year actually and now that I'm 24 i'm grumpy and old and hate cartoons!

Get back to watching Wile E Coyote! He'll keep you young forever!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

since turning 30:( last febuary ive noticed a few things that are starting to show that im getting old -

making an ahhhhhhhh noise and whispering 'jaysus' as i stand up out of a chair

ive a nose hair that a midget could bungee jump with

i get annoyed when i hear kids playing ' music' on the bus

music nowadays is shite

I'm 16 and I too think music these days is a joke, and don't even get me started on the shmadzers who play their 'tunes' from their phones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Aishae wrote: »
    Theres quite a difference between feeling old and realising you're just getting older

Exactly. I don't feel old but the signs are there at 31. I said to my boyfriend last night, "Jesus it seems like all Spanish teenagers do is talk on that chat thingy on their Blueberrys (yes...I called it a Blueberry) and dry hump their boyfriends/girlfriends on the Metro!!" and had to stop myself mid sentence to tell myself to cop on. Don't want to turn into one of those people who resent young people. I too was a teenager once in my life and was as apathetic and moody and wreakless with a penchant for kissing guys with spikey bleached blonde hair in tracksuits in public places as the next. It has to be done.

The 30s are great though. Feel much more settled in my head than my 20s. I can see them only getting better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

baraca wrote: »
    Jesus man i'm 21 as well and i'm sure as hell not letting myself think i'm getting old yet.

Maybe when i hit 35.. Maybe.

This, I felt old when I turned 20 but then realised how long I still have left. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Piglet85

The first time I looked out the window and said gleefully, 'There's great drying out today!'

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Get back to watching Wile E Coyote! He'll keep you young forever!:D
    He still never ...ever catches that chicken roadrunner though :(

The day the tape on my Beatles white album cassette snapped ...must have played it to death (literally ) ...that was it for me ....old :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

When I read a thread from someone fourteen years younger than me complaining about getting old.

I thought I was getting old too in my early twenties when I saw a grey hair. I started to panic and thought I'd be totally grey before I turned 22. Now I'm 35 and I only have a few grey hairs that are barely noticeable. I haven't turned out to be as old looking as I thought I would.

I called one of my nephews by the name of another nephew the other day though. Getting kids names mixed up is the kind of thing old people do. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

im 23 am on the dole the past year and a half and i feel like a owl fella to be honest life is going no where barely even have enough money to socialize most of the time just sitting around watchin life fly by at least the last 2 years any way:(

depressing post for a depressing thread:D

Jesus, the young people are the old people of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Since I stopped listening to new music and I noticed ridiculously adult like children are dressing, yeah there were girls who were wearing skirts half way up their thighs going to discos when I was 14 but now the skirt is just below the very top of the thigh

Actually at least they're wearing skirts

Whats with the whole leggings t shirt thing, one step away from tights with nothing else on.. I think I've seen someone trying to pull that off. Either that or her skirt was caught in her top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Now, when it's cold, I get pains in my joints. I'm 31!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Jesus, the young people are the old people of today.
    Yeah and a lot of the getting old stuff they mention is nothing to do with getting old or is in their head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

When I started to bring my daughter and her friends to teenage disco's, afterwards waiting in the car parked next to all the other old fuglies collecting their kids almost made me have a stroke, so I blasted eminem....COZ IM STILL KOOL. That and as another poster pointed out, the hangovers nowadays are a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

The day my cock died. These days he only bothers me when he needs a piss or a bit of adjusting. I'm only 44 :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Wattle wrote: »
    The day my cock died. These days he only bothers me when he needs a piss or a bit of adjusting. I'm only 44 :eek:

You should get that looked at

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

you know when youre geting old when the bit on the side leaves you for a younger man:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I'm ok with it for now as I'm single. Somebody famous once said their sex drive was 'liked being chained to a maniac'. In a way it's a relief.

I'm ok with it for now as I'm single. Somebody famous once said their sex drive was 'liked being chained to a maniac'. In a way it's a relief.

Yeah that makes sense I guess. Which I could turn mine off sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭greenpilot

When I realised how much I loved my wife, and without her,I would be nothing. She made me the man I am.

greenpilot wrote: »
    and without her,I would be nothing.

No pressure on your wife then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Have you tried a splint and a bit of duct tape?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

I feel old when I can't keep up with the 28 year olds working for me. A few years ago I would have worked them into the ground, now I struggle to just keep pace with them. I don't let on though, but jasus it kills me getting through the day at their pace. Also, grey pubes. WTF is the story there???? Where did they creep in from??? Holy sh1t.

Advertisement